Hillary Clinton on "Why young people are leaving church?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time many years ago that Christianity Today was more biblical on their views, but I have watched them become increasingly liberal, meaning unbiblical, in their articles.

I would tend to agree from what I've seen of the articles. And that is part of the problem with the youth feeling judged, they're letting go of Christian principles and embracing liberal teachings in the media, school, government. And that's why they feel judged probably.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Hillary about why young people are leaving the Church. But I don't think it's the only reason why these young people are turning away from Christianity though. During the years of Trumpism, there has a steady trend in the news about how many unbelievers and other Christians view the evangelical conservatives who support Trump. I'm including some examples of this news trend.

Christians Tempted By Trump Idolatry

Trump evangelicals have sold their souls

Trump's Offer to Christians Is Same Offer Devil Made Christ

'Toxic Christianity': the evangelicals creating champions for Trump

The Four Horsemen of evangelical hypocrisy: How they whitewashed Donald Trump

Former RNC Chairman: Christian ‘phonies’ sold out for ‘thirty pieces of silver’ under Trump

And the articles I've posted don't even scratch the surface to demonstrate the immeasurable damage that has severely tarnished the reputation, the collective credibility and the Christian witness of all the conservative evangelicals who faithfully support and defend Donald Trump.
I am not going to click on each link you posted but I can guarantee you that those are opinionated articles from a Trump hater.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is their Statement of Faith. What do you disagree with below ? ...

NOT TOO MUCH. I only disagree with their ARTICLES! Now if their ARTICLES followed their "Statement of Faith" then I would GLADLY read their magazine, -- but they don't.

Sooooooooooooo, please don't confuse their LIES (a Statement of Faith that they DON'T FOLLOW), with the LIES that they spew! :)

It's kinda like Religious Leaders from ancient to today who wear "HOLY APPAREL" but inwards they are tombs. -- What better deceit than to come covered as a "sheep", but underneath is a "wolf".

And it's no surprise that YOU defend the WOLF, -- because YOU AIN'T NO SHEEP.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT TOO MUCH. I only disagree with their ARTICLES! Now if their ARTICLES followed their "Statement of Faith" then I would GLADLY read their magazine, -- but they don't.

Sooooooooooooo, please don't confuse their LIES (a Statement of Faith that they DON'T FOLLOW), with the LIES that they spew! :)

It's kinda like Religious Leaders from ancient to today who wear "HOLY APPAREL" but inwards they are tombs. -- What better deceit than to come covered as a "sheep", but underneath is a "wolf".

And it's no surprise that YOU defend the WOLF, -- because YOU AIN'T NO SHEEP.
Bobby Jo
I never said I defend them so don't presume. I asked if you agreed or disagreed with their statement of faith, that's it.

And your ad hominem attack is duly noted.

Do you know what an ad hominem is ?

hope this helps !!!

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to click on each link you posted but I can guarantee you that those are opinionated articles from a Trump hater.

With all due respect, just because a person disagrees with Trump and criticizes him doesn't automatically mean they hate him. IMO, that's an unfair and often unfounded accusation. It might be true in some cases if a person despises Trump, but it isn't true in all cases. I've made it known that I don't support Trump, but that doesn't mean I hate him. I think it's often a Red Herring to accuse another person of hating Trump because they criticize him and scrutinize his policies. I think it's intended to deflect away from Trump and silence any criticism of him. As demonstrated in some of the articles I'm including in my response to you, it isn't just unbelievers who are calling out Trump's evangelical conservative supporters.

An Open Letter to Trump’s Evangelical Defenders

Minister: Trump and his supporters don't speak for Jesus

Evangelicals Are Supporting Trump Out of Fear, Not Faith

Christian Group Calls Out Fellow Evangelicals Who Have Embraced Trump

Ex-evangelical pastor says supporting Trump has been 'damaging' to church

Right-wing partisanship of evangelicals blinds them to their political hypocrisy

I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Billy Graham's Granddaughter Rebukes Franklin Graham And "Hypocritical" Evangelical Trump Supporters

Ex-Reagan Adviser: Evangelical Leaders Who Back Trump Do More Harm to Christian Values Than Atheists

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #57....

And perhaps this is a reason?
Catholic priest says Democrats are going to hell — and Texas bishop backs him up

It's not our job to condemn others to hell.....

Some young people are getting the wrong idea of Christianity and God. These are the questions needed to be asked. Why do some young people see God as hateful? As it's obviously the wrong image that they are seeing. Should they instead be seeing a powerful loving God? Are most Churches giving an accurate representation of God's character? Is too much time being spent on preaching about sin and judgement to the world, when most don't even know what sin is, or why sin is sin? Is there too much emphasis and focus on just a few things?

Could too many Christians siding too close to Trump be pushing others away and even making others run away from Christianity?

Is it time to stand up against bullying remarks more?

Are the "disadvantaged" being respected enough? (and by disadvantaged I mean all sorts of things) A few examples are.... The homeless, those that are struggling to pay their bills (perhaps they maybe aren't even able to pay their bills), the disabled.

And if we want to make this more political, why are a majority of African-American Christians voting for the Democrats? And some of these people are very lively Christians.
I believe there is a balance when it comes to preaching about sin. It doesn't need to be overlooked. But we can certainly get too far into actually condemning people rather than listening to them.and giving them hope.

I think when we see a brother or sister in sin, we are to warn and instruct them, but it isn't the same approach we are to take with the world (in large part).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a balance when it comes to preaching about sin. It doesn't need to be overlooked. But we can certainly get too far into actually condemning people rather than listening to them.and giving them hope.

I think when we see a brother or sister in sin, we are to warn and instruct them, but it isn't the same approach we are to take with the world (in large part).

I've heard that doctrine and I like it. We are instructed in the bible to judge the church, but not the unbelievers, if I understand it correctly. The world being unbelievers, and Christians being the churches.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and TLHKAJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

The conviction should, no must come from within. There is little point in harping on someone.about their sin. Tell them of God's Holyness, and that all have sinned and fallen short. That was enough for me at least.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conviction should, no must come from within. There is little point in harping on someone.about their sin. Tell them of God's Holyness, and that all have sinned and fallen short. That was enough for me at least.
Absolutely ...that's why one should be Holy Spirit led when they are in the pulpit...rather than religiously led.

But honestly, I remember nothing of what the preacher said when I accepted Christ. I just know my heart was broken (in the best way) and it was all His working in my heart.

Condemnation never works...never. But we are often called to speak the truth in love to a brother or sister. Condemnation has no part in that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, just because a person disagrees with Trump and criticizes him doesn't automatically mean they hate him. IMO, that's an unfair and often unfounded accusation. It might be true in some cases if a person despises Trump, but it isn't true in all cases. I've made it known that I don't support Trump, but that doesn't mean I hate him. I think it's often a Red Herring to accuse another person of hating Trump because they criticize him and scrutinize his policies. I think it's intended to deflect away from Trump and silence any criticism of him. As demonstrated in some of the articles I'm including in my response to you, it isn't just unbelievers who are calling out Trump's evangelical conservative supporters.

An Open Letter to Trump’s Evangelical Defenders

Minister: Trump and his supporters don't speak for Jesus

Evangelicals Are Supporting Trump Out of Fear, Not Faith

Christian Group Calls Out Fellow Evangelicals Who Have Embraced Trump

Ex-evangelical pastor says supporting Trump has been 'damaging' to church

Right-wing partisanship of evangelicals blinds them to their political hypocrisy

I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Billy Graham's Granddaughter Rebukes Franklin Graham And "Hypocritical" Evangelical Trump Supporters

Ex-Reagan Adviser: Evangelical Leaders Who Back Trump Do More Harm to Christian Values Than Atheists
Have you read every link you have posted or are you simply web surfing and selecting titles that are supporting your ideology?

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what TRUTH is ?

hope this helps !!!
Bobby Jo

PS You confuse "presume" with "DISCERN". So don't pretend be "innocent" when your deceptions are plain to see! :)
the real question is do you know what truth is and where it comes from and who or what is that truth ?

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read every link you have posted or are you simply web surfing and selecting titles that are supporting your ideology?

Yes, I've read the majority of these articles. In fact, I have these and many more saved for reference. I've been keeping track of this news trend regarding the perception of Trump's Christian supporters and Trumpism from unbelievers and Christians alike since the last presidential election.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I've read the majority of these articles. In fact, I have these and many more saved for reference. I've been keeping track of this news trend regarding the perception of Trump's Christian supporters and Trumpism from unbelievers and Christians alike since the last presidential election.
I went back and clicked on most of them and right at the top it says opinion....and it's hard to trust the opinions of others...if you know what I mean.
God Bless

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back and clicked on most of them and right at the top it says opinion....and it's hard to trust the opinions of others...if you know what I mean.
God Bless

And that opinion is a person's personal perception of how they feel about Trump's Christian supporters. It reiterates the fact that the collective witness and the personal reputation of these supporters has been damaged by their support of Trump. The witness of these supporters cannot be effective when they are being accused of outright hypocrisy and abandoning Christian morality in order to support and defend Donald Trump.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that opinion is a person's personal perception of how they feel about Trump's Christian supporters. It reiterates the fact that the collective witness and the personal reputation of these supporters has been damaged by their support of Trump. The witness of these supporters cannot be effective when they are being accused of outright hypocrisy and abandoning Christian morality in order to support and defend Donald Trump.
Well key word "accused"...it doesn't mean it's true.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus Power Evangelism is something they need to bring back, or even more so "let it out of the box."

It would be good to at least get back to the days of The Great Welsh Revival and Asuza Street Revivals.
Like the nar , and emergent , and most all of them . yeah they fed the church a lot of falsehoods . Sure did .
And the todd whites and tons of them are still at it , with their new spin on things . The churches be in dire trouble .
But the true lambs Know Their God and love their bibles too .

Status
Not open for further replies.