Hillary Clinton on "Why young people are leaving church?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2025?

Probably precautionary but not an interruption of his duties.
His Residence and Offices and security spaces, Available to all Presidents are within the WH perimeters.
I think the guy was simply meaning trump was gonna win and remain in the whitehouse till january twentith of twenty twenty five .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do praise Him everyday! He is worthy of our praise!!!
YES HE IS SISTER . OH let the GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .
Sing to the king sister . I have found a wonderful truth .
The days That GOD is to be praised . And in the english language its any day that ends with a Y . YES IT IS . SO praise the LORD my sister .

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES HE IS SISTER . OH let the GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .
Sing to the king sister . I have found a wonderful truth .
The days That GOD is to be praised . And in the english language its any day that ends with a Y . YES IT IS . SO praise the LORD my sister .
¿Habla español?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that BOTH young and old who reject the Bible as God’s standard for truth are equally wrong and lost. There’s plenty of blame to go around, but each of us will be judged by God as INDIVIDUALS. IOW, no finger pointing on Judgment Day!
It is the older generation that usually gets the younger folks in a pickle, whether ecumenically or secularly.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Josho, I can only think of few people who have done more evil to the U.S. than Bill and Hillary Clinton. Before you write me off, just know that I spent 8 years under Bill's administration and additional years under Hillary's stint as U.S. Senator and Secretary of State.

I won't take the time to list bad policies and laws that both have supported because this is old news and I don't have time. But they have both been avid supporters of killing babies in the womb. I'll leave it at that for now.

Totally agree. Clinton wants the overall Church to be liberal, give up God, and be evil.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree. Clinton wants the overall Church to be liberal, give up God, and be evil.

I agree as it is reflected in her statement in the OP. To say young people don't want to be Christian because they don't want to be judged is inline with pushing the churches to accept a more liberal stance and accept sin perhaps.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't engage in gossip, so I believe she is a witch. I've also heard from her own supporters that she meets with a "spiritual advisor." A Christian would talk to their "pastor."

A witch can not be trusted to give sound advise to her enemy, the Church.

Exact.y, sometimes people don't understand that especially those that are not here.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She must be confusing moral relativism with real Christianity. This generation has not been raised with any morals, ethics or truth. Truth is absolute for all people, all times and in all places. This generation couldn't define truth if their life depended upon it.

hope this helps !!!

Exactly, it is less churches more non parenting

Reactions: ChristisGod

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree as it is reflected in her statement in the OP. To say young people don't want to be Christian because they don't want to be judged is inline with pushing the churches to accept a more liberal stance and accept sin perhaps.

Very thoughtful statement. Are churches to accept all manner of sin in the name of not judging?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very thoughtful statement. Are churches to accept all manner of sin in the name of not judging?

I think this is the very reason that we are to judge with righteous judgements the church, to keep it righteous in nature so that people can come and be enlightened towards a beacon of righteousness. (There did I say righteous too much?)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEP. And it's not found in your mirror! :)

Bobby Jo
But it is found in my mirror- Scripture as we read below:

James 1:22-25
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

What is Truth ?

God and Truth

During the six trials of Jesus, the contrast between the truth (righteousness) and lies (unrighteousness) was unmistakable. There stood Jesus, the Truth, being judged by those whose every action was bathed in lies. The Jewish leaders broke nearly every law designed to protect a defendant from wrongful conviction. They fervently worked to find any testimony that would incriminate Jesus, and in their frustration, they turned to false evidence brought forward by liars. But even that could not help them reach their goal. So they broke another law and forced Jesus to implicate Himself.

Once in front of Pilate, the Jewish leaders lied again. They convicted Jesus of blasphemy, but since they knew that wouldn’t be enough to coax Pilate to kill Jesus, they claimed Jesus was challenging Caesar and was breaking Roman law by encouraging the crowds to not pay taxes. Pilate quickly detected their superficial deception, and he never even addressed the charge.

Jesus the Righteous was being judged by the unrighteous. The sad fact is that the latter always persecutes the former. It’s why Cain killed Abel. The link between truth and righteousness and between falsehood and unrighteousness is demonstrated by a number of examples in the New Testament:

• For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness” (2 Thessalonians 2:11–12, emphasis added).

• “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness” (Romans 1:18, emphasis added).

• “who will render to each person according to his deeds; to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation” (Romans 2:6–8, emphasis added).

• “[love] does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth” (1 Corinthians 13:5–6, emphasis added).

What Is Truth?

The question Pontius Pilate asked centuries ago needs to be rephrased in order to be completely accurate. The Roman governor’s remark “What is truth?” overlooks the fact that many things can have truth, but only one thing can actually be the Truth. Truth must originate from somewhere.

The stark reality is that Pilate was looking directly at the Origin of all Truth on that early morning almost two thousand years ago. Not long before being arrested and brought to the governor, Jesus had made the simple statement “I am the truth” (John 14:6), which was a rather incredible statement. How could a mere man be the truth? He couldn’t be, unless He was more than a man, which is actually what He claimed to be. The fact is, Jesus’ claim was validated when He rose from the dead (Romans 1:4).

There’s a story about a man who lived in Paris who had a stranger from the country come see him. Wanting to show the stranger the magnificence of Paris, he took him to the Louvre to see the great art and then to a concert at a majestic symphony hall to hear a great symphony orchestra play. At the end of the day, the stranger from the country commented that he didn’t particularly like either the art or the music. To which his host replied, “They aren’t on trial, you are.” Pilate and the Jewish leaders thought they were judging Christ, when, in reality, they were the ones being judged. Moreover, the One they convicted will actually serve as their Judge one day, as He will for all who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

Pilate evidently never came to a knowledge of the truth. Eusebius, the historian and Bishop of Caesarea, records the fact that Pilate ultimately committed suicide sometime during the reign of the emperor Caligula—a sad ending and a reminder for everyone that ignoring the truth always leads to undesired consequences. got ?

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is the very reason that we are to judge with righteous judgements the church, to keep it righteous in nature so that people can come and be enlightened towards a beacon of righteousness. (There did I say righteous too much?)

I probably should have said the following along with my last comment. I have seen a lot of judging from the flesh, as opposed to righteous judgment, and I fight this in myself when I see it. It can be difficult to discern whether our judgment is righteous or sinful.

The judgment that is of the flesh and gets us into trouble is SELF-righteous judgment. When we find ourselves judging others from the standpoint that WE would never sin like they're sinning, then I believe we are judging self-righteously, not righteously. I'm not young, and I have come to believe that anyone is capable of any and every horrible sin. Even the "good" people are.

This is what Paul said in Galatians 6 to the church and something I've needed to be reminded of....

Gal 6:1-5--Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you also won’t be tempted. Carry one another’s burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone considers himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But each person should examine his own work, and then he will have a reason for boasting in himself alone, and not in respect to someone else. For each person will have to carry his own load.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe there is a balance when it comes to preaching about sin. It doesn't need to be overlooked. But we can certainly get too far into actually condemning people rather than listening to them.and giving them hope.

I agree, thanks for putting it better. And I guess that's what it means when preaching gets too judgemental.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This generation would see the real paul , jude , peter or james and just monsters . I mean look at some of those letters they wrote .
But to this generation , times change and its not relevant and their kind of attitude wont grow a church .
Its all about numbers .

Reactions: teamventure
Status
Not open for further replies.