History Challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History is a rather big subject, isn't it? Was there some particular portion that seemed to be a challenge more or less than another that concerns you?

Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History is a rather big subject, isn't it? Was there some particular portion that seemed to be a challenge more or less than another that concerns you?
Point was the classical secular and young earth theories just do not stand up against reality.

As with the history Channel, it clearly shows things were done in history that are impossible even today for us to do. So who did it?

Also the Sphinx and great pyramid are much older than many believe and built before the smaller pyramids built.

I have no problem with the idea that they were pre-flood and people who came later simply moved in and adopted what they found.

In their things that had to be pre-Adamic because there's no way humans did it.

None of it is a challenge to anything from Adam on or the Bible.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point was the classical secular and young earth theories just do not stand up against reality.

As with the history Channel, it clearly shows things were done in history that are impossible even today for us to do. So who did it?

Also the Sphinx and great pyramid are much older than many believe and built before the smaller pyramids built.

I have no problem with the idea that they were pre-flood and people who came later simply moved in and adopted what they found.

In their things that had to be pre-Adamic because there's no way humans did it.

None of it is a challenge to anything from Adam on or the Bible.
Are you saying that you believe that God left things like the sphinx and the great pyramids out of His account of creation and history (His story)?

Reactions: Enoch111 and Taken
B

brakelite

Adam and Eve were created direct from the hand of God. They had the capacity to learn at a phenomenal rate compared to the reduced brain matter we use today. They came from the hand of God perfect...they and their descendants advanced in science and technology faster than we have in the last 100 years, and advanced beyond that. As you say, how were those ancient pyramids built when even modern technology cannot offer answers? Even that city on top of the mountain in Peru, can't remember the name, Matchu Pichu or something. They carried massive rocks across chasms and up the side of mountains from miles away...not even helicopters today could copy that feat.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that you believe that God left things like the sphinx and the great pyramids out of His account of creation and history (His story)?

I am saying these unexplainable things could have been done by a pre-Adamic race and or pre-flood.

I am absolutely saying there are things on this earth that we absolutely cannot do today. Then I asked a simple question, who did?

God for his own reasons tells us what he wishes regarding our purposes on this earth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying these unexplainable things could have been done by a pre-Adamic race and or pre-flood.

I am absolutely saying there are things on this earth that we absolutely cannot do today. Then I asked a simple question, who did?

God for his own reasons tells us what he wishes regarding our purposes on this earth.
Hmmm... sounds like that infinitesimal moment of doubt where human logic sees itself as greater than God, complete with manifest monuments.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
History is about geographically influenced thought.

In Ontario, George Washington was a dangerous subversive; though now his successors help to form the most peaceful border in the world.

In Michigan next door, and in the other 49 states, he was and is a heroic leader.

In Mexico he was a leader whose successors could have been helpful fellow-travellers, but a lot has happened since to cause continual revision of assessments.

The historical facts? It depends on the geography of the place you are reading the history...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History is about geographically influenced thought.

In Ontario, George Washington was a dangerous subversive; though now his successors help to form the most peaceful border in the world.

In Michigan next door, and in the other 49 states, he was and is a heroic leader.

In Mexico he was a leader whose successors could have been helpful fellow-travellers, but a lot has happened since to cause continual revision of assessments.

The historical facts? It depends on the geography of the place you are reading the history...
History as it is written is also strongly influenced to the point of being sometimes changed to omit or lie about things not politically pleasing to the ones with the ability to compel or squelch the historian who does the writing. Who that was not an eyewitness to the events could convincingly argue against such a writing? Of course, people do the same thing with the scriptures, which is one reason why God also sent the Holy Spirit, is it not?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
History as it is written is also strongly influenced to the point of being sometimes changed to omit or lie about things not politically pleasing to the ones with the ability to compel or squelch the historian who does the writing. Who that was not an eyewitness to the events could convincingly argue against such a writing? Of course, people do the same thing with the scriptures, which is one reason why God also sent the Holy Spirit, is it not?
Agreed; I guess also that the Holy Spirit is about a completely different set of priorities and indicators.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed; I guess also that the Holy Spirit is about a completely different set of priorities and indicators.
Even so my friend! This is how a person knows God! This is how a person recognized the Word of God. This is how His sheep hear His voice.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Even so my friend! This is how a person knows God! This is how a person recognized the Word of God. This is how His sheep hear His voice.
Yes, the Holy Spirit primarily works to illuminate the Scriptures of which the Lord Jesus and His work are the central themes. Even as the Holy Spirit does this among His people, one dear brother might think that Theodore Roosevelt was right to send posses around the Mexican border; while another Mexican brother might happen to think that Pancho Villa (or Che Guevara) were great heroes... :confused:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Holy Spirit primarily works to illuminate the Scriptures of which the Lord Jesus and His work are the central themes. Even as the Holy Spirit does this among His people, one dear brother might think that Theodore Roosevelt was right to send posses around the Mexican border; while another Mexican brother might happen to think that Pancho Villa (or Che Guevara) were great heroes... :confused:
Too many people in each country/nation , including or even especially the United States, equate being a follower of Christ with being a good citizen of his natural homeland.

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" Eph 2:19
The saints and the household of God are from many places geographically speaking. Americans as I see it very often miss the mark because they have too much and misuse too much that which they have.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Too many people in each country/nation , including or even especially the United States, equate being a follower of Christ with being a good citizen of his natural homeland.

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" Eph 2:19
The saints and the household of God are from many places geographically speaking. Americans as I see it very often miss the mark because they have too much and misuse too much that which they have.
When Britain ruled the waves, British Christians had to take care not to be implicated in attempts for Britain to waive the rules... :confused:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Britain ruled the waves, British Christians had to take care not to be implicated in attempts for Britain to waive the rules... :confused:
Undoubtedly this has been so anywhere that a supposedly Christian person has dwelled. People lose track of or never knew what the scriptures say about what should come first. They presume that their side is the best side in the eyes of God. I believe that many on both sides of war fought within the United States from 1861 to 1865 believed that they were on God's side or He was on their side.

The Truth is always that God is on His own side. It is really up to us whether or not we are with Him or not. Sometimes the decision may not be an easy one when we have strong ties to the ways and the flesh of men:

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matt 12:30

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Undoubtedly this has been so anywhere that a supposedly Christian person has dwelled. People lose track of or never knew what the scriptures say about what should come first. They presume that their side is the best side in the eyes of God. I believe that many on both sides of war fought within the United States from 1861 to 1865 believed that they were on God's side or He was on their side.

The Truth is always that God is on His own side. It is really up to us whether or not we are with Him or not. Sometimes the decision may not be an easy one when we have strong ties to the ways and the flesh of men:

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matt 12:30

Instead of "Lord, give us Z. Jay Briggs, Jr., for Governor"; it should be: "Thy will be done"....

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of "Lord, give us Z. Jay Briggs, Jr., for Governor"; it should be: "Thy will be done"....
Amen! And if we are paying attention, He is speaking to us to direct our steps, the steps which we cannot correctly direct for ourselves:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen! And if we are paying attention, He is speaking to us to direct our steps, the steps which we cannot correctly direct for ourselves:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
Great verse there; it's not remotely about buying votes or accommodating big corporations...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People learn from history. But the conclusions they make depend on many other factors.

Muslims rewrite the history of Christ to fit their theology.

In the occult he was an ascended master.

In Mormonism it was born of sex between God the father and one of his wives on another planet.

To Jehovah's Witnesses he was a created being Michael the Archangel who became Christ.

So history is in the eyes of the writers.