Homosexuality Is An Affront to The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:26-28 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
This is not even speaking of homosexuality.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be impossible for there to be any implication of the love of God in me, to petition a man to perform sexual favors for me.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be impossible for there to be any implication of the love of God in me, to petition a man to perform sexual favors for me.
1. The first question is whether homosexuality is a sin at all--then, based on that, the question is whether we can say that a Christian could and/or should be told to repent of it.

2. Based on what are you saying a Christian could never err and commit an abomination like homosexuality? In 1 Corinthians 5, a man in the Church was intimate with his father's wife--and the rest of the Church was proud and boasted about it! Both of those are disgusting acts!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The first question is whether homosexuality is a sin at all--then, based on that, the question is whether we can say that a Christian could and/or should be told to repent of it.

2. Based on what are you saying a Christian could never err and commit an abomination like homosexuality? In 1 Corinthians 5, a man in the Church was intimate with his father's wife--and the rest of the Church was proud and boasted about it! Both of those are disgusting acts!
But what is Paul saying is worse than the act the young man committed?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe reread the whole chapter and pray over what God is trying to convey to the individuals there at Corinth?
This thread focuses on homosexuality as a sin because it has become a hot button topic in our culture and confusion has arisen around it. I don't need to address other things like stealing or drunkenness because the sinfulness of those acts is almost universally accepted in the Church. What we need to clear up as a service to the Church is the confusion around the sin of homosexuality.

YOU are precisely the type of person I authored this thread for. I'm glad you came out of the wood work.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is being suggested here in my opinion if it matters is a man keeping a you boy as a slave for sexual acts.
Ah, OK.

That's where you're wrong.

In the Septuagint, when Torah condemns homosexual acts, it uses the same terms (but Paul puts them together and coins the new term "arsenokoitēs").

The Jews got the hint : according to them, homosexuality wasn't even suspected among them in the days of Jesus.