How big is Jesus Christ now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always operate on the basis that if you don't know or recognise the bad you won't know what the good is. That means I am never afraid of the bad. I just run it by my spiritual antenna. If you want to know the truth you will be shown it.

This is why we get this message from society at large about being "positive" all the time, don't look at the negative you see. Of course, if you ignore the negative, you ain't gonna see that freight train getting ready to turn you to mush. This is what I see coming for Christianity with this deception. It will go hand and hand with the alien deception I also believe is coming, and it will turn Christianity to absolute mush. Most Christians ain't gonna have a clue how to respond to it, because they've had their heads stuck so far up their anus for so long that they can't see the forest for the tree's. If God is formless, then there is no way for Jesus himself to identity him for crying out loud. He's either seen his face, and his shape, or he didn't, can't have it both ways.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:......Actually, no, it says God is the light source for the city only, not for the whole earth, or heaven for that matter. You are adding things to the prophecy that is not there. And what does John say happens to those who add or subtract from that which is written in Revelation?

You need to be more careful about what you utter about this book and take your "faith" more seriously, a LOT more. If am to believe in your heathen "formless blob of light" depiction of God, there might as well be a thirteenth tribe of Buddha, or Brahma.
No, it says God is the source and Jesus is the emitter of the source of light.

Now you fully understand the Col 2:9 effect on Jesus after his resurrection.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question....

Y'all say that Jesus is 100% man and 100% God.

That means that God is 100% God and 100% man, right?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know about the nature of God.

God is a Spirit with a divine nature.

God is not a man with a human nature.

The son of God is not his own Father....as you are teaching us.

Jesus had ZERO self power until he resurrected, then "Col 2:9 kicked in".

At that point he was GIVEN all power, not REASSUMED it.

There was a giver...not God gave Himself all power.

The son of God was personally powerless but God doing things THROUGH him, and even after resurrecting him.

Jesus in John 4:24 said this......God is a Spirit...him...him...

You and the other incarnationists debunk the very description that Jesus had of what God is by saying "God became flesh".

Oneness teaches God the Father IS the son in disguise(role) as an individual with a God.

Trinitarians teach God the Son(2nd person) is both God and man(2nd person in 2 roles)...equaling 4 entities.

The Bible teaches God had a son and was INSIDE the son....on earth as being filled with the Holy Ghost per Luke 4:1 and in heaven being fully indwelled per Col 2:9.

The Bible NEVER teaches God has a human nature and there is zero evidence of that.

It only teaches about God's divine nature.

One question for you or anyone....

How big or how much human nature does God have right now as we speak, or did God shed that human nature?
GINOLJC,
first thanks for the reply, second, you and reformed1689 are pitifully ignorant in the knowledge of the word of God. you have "God", and JESUS merging to become the Holy Spirit? my God, never hear of anything as such. then reformed1689 has God in bits and pieces, divided up. is this what being taught in churches today?, my God help those poor souls who are listening to those kind of teaching. no wonder the church, no, may I say some congregations are in so much confusion, and in division. understanding like these views are shameful. one has God divided, the other have him merging to make one other person. both of those views are opposit of each other in themselves. if the early church father was alive today, I wonder what they would say, ....... after their heart attacks. I have never seen anything so far from the word of God.

Yes, after hearing what was posted, I had to just stop responding, I could not believe what I was hearing.

so to truther and reformed1689 I leave you to yourselves with Revelation 22:11 in mind.

Good day.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC,
first thanks for the reply, second, you and reformed1689 are pitifully ignorant in the knowledge of the word of God. you have "God", and JESUS merging to become the Holy Spirit? my God, never hear of anything as such. then reformed1689 has God in bits and pieces, divided up. is this what being taught in churches today?, my God help those poor souls who are listening to those kind of teaching. no wonder the church, no, may I say some congregations are in so much confusion, and in division. understanding like these views are shameful. one has God divided, the other have him merging to make one other person. both of those views are opposit of each other in themselves. if the early church father was alive today, I wonder what they would say, ....... after their heart attacks. I have never seen anything so far from the word of God.

Yes, after hearing what was posted, I had to just stop responding, I could not believe what I was hearing.

so to truther and reformed1689 I leave you to yourselves with Revelation 22:11 in mind.

Good day.

PICJAG.
Try this....

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

So yes, both God and Jesus make THEIR abode with us.

Does it say something else?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who denies the Trinity does not follow the God of the Bible.
God is not 3 persons.

"God is 3 persons" was first written by the RCC, and strictly adhered to by it's daughters.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That just shows how ignorant you are.
Thank God for that.

I would hate to be the one that is responsible for making up my own modern Biblical definitions per modern Greek commentary like those other folks.

I let the committee of ancients that gave us the KJV take care of the ancient definitions.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad nobody understands the ancient Greek precisely anymore.
That's untrue.

The modernists say the Greek word also means this and this and this and....

Names of "modernists" and examples?

And believe it or not, KJV Bible basher's believe them.

Not Bible bashers, just people who are against the KJVO cultic thinking. Of course we believe them, they're correct, scholarly, accurate, and we are rational, reasonable, not sensational, fantastical conspiracy theorists who worship a version as KJVO sectarians do.

In all reality those of your cult are the true Bible bashers. KJVOism is a hobby of ignorance.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God for that.

I would hate to be the one that is responsible for making up my own modern Biblical definitions per modern Greek commentary like those other folks.

I let the committee of ancients that gave us the KJV take care of the ancient definitions.
Yeah if you just want to be wrong, that is your call, but you are wrong, VERY wrong. It just makes yourself look dumb.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah if you just want to be wrong, that is your call, but you are wrong, VERY wrong. It just makes yourself look dumb.
Better to look dumb than to believe James Strong etc.

Those fellas have set out to debunk the KJV and create an army of closet translators and translations, which they succeeded mightily, rendering God's word into a crossword puzzle.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's untrue.

Names of "modernists" and examples?

Not Bible bashers, just people who are against the KJVO cultic thinking. Of course we believe them, they're correct, scholarly, accurate, and we are rational, reasonable, not sensational, fantastical conspiracy theorists who worship a version as KJVO sectarians do.

In all reality those of your cult are the true Bible bashers. KJVOism is a hobby of ignorance.
Strong, Westcott/Hort, Nestle/Alland and the likes....including those that quote and are students of these counter reformationists.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to look dumb than to believe James Strong etc.

Those fellas have set out to debunk the KJV and create an army of closet translators and translations, which they succeeded mightily, rendering God's word into a crossword puzzle.
First of all, nobody said anything about debunking the KJV. But the KJV is not the original. And you are wrong to think we don't know what the original Greek means. We do.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, nobody said anything about debunking the KJV. But the KJV is not the original. And you are wrong to think we don't know what the original Greek means. We do.
Fact is, the original Greek does not exist on planet earth, but copies.

So, the ancient men translated the ancient Greek copies over 400 ancient years ago, before the ancient Greek was redefined some 300 years later by modern redefinitionists.

So the modern redefinitionists are having a ball inventing new meanings every Sunday etc. as this....

"Hello church, the word ..... says this, but it also means this and this and this....!"

"How do I know all this?....By my modern commentaries....these modern guys even knew more about definitions than the ancients did".

...as the congregation scratches their heads...

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, the original Greek does not exist on planet earth, but copies.
First, this is not true. We know and understand Koine Greek today.

So, the ancient men translated the ancient Greek copies over 400 ancient years ago, before the ancient Greek was redefined some 300 years later by modern redefinitionists.

So the modern redefinitionists are having a ball inventing new meanings every Sunday etc. as this....
Again, false. It was never redefined. This is false KJVO propaganda and just plain ignorant.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, this is not true. We know and understand Koine Greek today.

Again, false. It was never redefined. This is false KJVO propaganda and just plain ignorant.
Only kinda, sorta.
The closer folks were to ancient times, the better for translating.

Now, add 50 ancients in an election of translated words and you have the KJV.

Everyone and his brother with a PHD these days think they can invent new meanings, since they have this hand me down info called 'PHD".

Remember, hundreds of years ago, it was not hand me down info that they used. This is a new phenom.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only kinda, sorta.

Everyone and his brother with a PHD these days think they can invent new meanings, since they have this hand me down info called 'PHD".

Remember, hundreds of years ago, it was not hand me down info that they used. This is a new phenom.
If I ask someone, "how do you know the Greek means this", you hand me a modern commentary.

Tracing back their source, it stops suddenly, because all this commentary malarky started in the late 1800's.

The modern commentary-ists created their own works and started schools to feed students this stuff.

This is no different than starting a JW seminary or a Mormon seminary, as these modernists invented their "facts" and gave it to their disciples without having their sources questioned.

If I was living back then, I would ask Westcott, "how do you know that this word means this".....he would say "I have a PHD"......I ask "how else do you know"...he would say, "I just know, so you cannot question my definitions'.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I ask someone, "how do you know the Greek means this", you hand me a modern commentary.

Tracing back their source, it stops suddenly, because all this commentary malarky started in the late 1800's.

The modern commentary-ists created their own works and started schools to feed students this stuff.

This is no different than starting a JW seminary or a Mormon seminary, as these modernists invented their "facts" and gave it to their disciples without having their sources questioned.

If I was living back then, I would ask Westcott, "how do you know that this word means this".....he would say "I have a PHD"......I ask "how else do you know"...he would say, "I just know, so you cannot question my definitions'.
Truther: your statements here are very inaccurate and offensive.

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only kinda, sorta.

You have no idea what you are talking about.