How can you blaspheme the Holy Spirit....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you blaspheme the Holy Spirit if he is not God?
When Jesus made the statement, it was within the context of people rejecting Him. This statement He made as the terms of what He Himself would soon thereafter bring to the world by sending the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, to reject the Holy Spirit when He comes as Jesus described His coming, as Him knocking "on the door"--is not forgivable, meaning that the final offer of salvation would come to pass, and salvation would be lost. Which is not to say that by His grace He does not continue to knock, He does. Thus, it is not Jesus who comes to pass on His offer of salvation for the last time, but the person.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, my brother, we are not told that. The idea of father, Son AND Holy Spirit was added in by the Catholic church. The Matt. 24 verse was added in within the first few hundred years. We know this because of the writings of Eusebius...the first Christian historian. :)
I get a bit panicked by this. Like, is there a translation anywhere that has corrected it? My panic comes from the thought that any translation I read is corrupted in places.
I’ll go check out Eusebius. And “johannine comma” because I’ve no idea what it means even though I’ve heard the phrase before.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get a bit panicked by this. Like, is there a translation anywhere that has corrected it? My panic comes from the thought that any translation I read is corrupted in places.
I’ll go check out Eusebius. And “johannine comma” because I’ve no idea what it means even though I’ve heard the phrase before.
It should come as no surprise that religious people have tampered with the text of the bible. But we can know when things have been tampered with. How? It doesn't fit in with the rest of the scriptures AND it serves men not God.

We know the Masoretic (Hebrew bible) has been tampered with because they hate the idea of a divine Christ....But only a little has been tampered with. God has seen that we have other witnesses...the Septuagint (LXX) and the Dead Sea scrolls (DSS). When we see the various prejudices we can know what the original was.

And the beauty of it all is that no one understood spiritual things...so those texts are left intact!!! The genius of God! :)

One of the MOST beautiful passages in the MSS (Hebrew) is how Deut. 19:21 remains as it was...and testifies to a walk in the Spirit. You have to see it in Hebrew...simply beautiful!

It reads...a life IN a life, a hand IN a hand, an eye in an eye....
Cnine:

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Ananias and Sapphira​

Acts 5:1-10
Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you blaspheme the Holy Spirit if he is not God?
These are some of my observations of the Bible's presentation of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 20:28 KJV
28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Acts 13:2 KJV
2) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Acts 5:3-4 KJV
3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Mark 13:11 KJV
11) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

John 14:26 KJV
26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts 1:16 KJV
16) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Acts 15:28 KJV
28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Acts 16:6 KJV
6) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Acts 20:23 KJV
23) Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Acts 21:11 KJV
11) And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

Romans 15:16 KJV
16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Hebrews 3:7 KJV
7) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hebrews 9:8 KJV
8) The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

The Holy Spirit . . .
  • Made you overseers.
  • Said "separate me Barnabas and Saul to the work whereunto I have called them."
  • Can be lied to, and that lie is to God.
  • Can be grieved, that is, made very sad.
  • Speaks.
  • Teaches.
  • Reminds.
  • Has Opinions.
  • Forbids.
  • Witnesses.
  • Prophesies.
  • Sanctifies.
  • Signifies.
And all this signifies to me . . . the Holy Spirit is a Person within the Godhead.

Much love!

Reactions: David H.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 24;16. Old testament, penalty was death to blasphemy God's name. Even those who practiced witchcraft were put to death. Leviticus 19:12. And ye shall not swear by My name falsely, neither shall thou Profane the name of thy God: I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD. All sins are forgivable by repentance to God. If someone intentionally blasphemy God's name out of hatred, it's going to take all that person's knee power, on their knee's to find forgiveness. God is the judge, and knows the heart of every one. If its accidentally, its different story. We don't live old days, we're person was stoned to death. Theirs one sin cant be forgiven. It's the unpardonable sin. Only Gods elect can commit the unpardonable sin. Those who are not God's elect dont have to worry about it. If your one of the election, then you know what I'm talking about. I don't reveal secrets. The enemy can't know this. Samson revealed his secret to delilah, and it cost him big time. Theirs time to keep your mouth shut. And time to speak.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States