How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Argue your case with apostle John, Luke, Paul, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, if you will. I only told you what they said, which is written in scriptures.
It is God and Jesus you are disputing with, you are denying God His son, and Jesus His father, all the works of Christ, and all the Honor that God gave to Him and the honor HE recieved from God,

2Pe_1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Joh_5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Joh_8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Joh_5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that they who have seen and have been with Jesus Christ, such as the apostles, should have seen the Father, in the sense embodied in what He said to Philip, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father".

Tong
R0944
Don't get too exited will you.

Three persons, one God. That is my God.

His name on earth is JESUS.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It is God and Jesus you are disputing with, you are denying God His son, and Jesus His father, all the works of Christ, and all the Honor that God gave to Him and the honor HE recieved from God,

2Pe_1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Joh_5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Joh_8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Joh_5:41 I receive not honour from men.
No sir.

I already told you, the Son receiving honor and glory is no matter against the truth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, in the same sense that the Son giving honor and glory to the Father is no matter against the truth that the Father is God. But the matter that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father speaks loud and clear about the person of Jesus Christ, which certainly is not what you make out of those passages to imply.

There is no denying God His Son, nor Jesus His Father, nor the works of Christ, nor the Honor that the Father gave to Him and the honor He received from His Father. To the contrary, to uphold and tell you the truth that God revealed in scriptures, concerning the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R0946

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Don't get too exited will you.

Three persons, one God. That is my God.

His name on earth is JESUS.
But make no mistake, Jesus is the Son, not the Father, not the Holy Spirit. That is clear in scriptures my friend.

Tong
R0947

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess Jesus wasnt the son of God.

He was better than that...He was and is the Son of God.

We all honour the Father as God. Therefore, according to this scripture, we ought to honour the Son as ___.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But make no mistake, Jesus is the Son, not the Father, not the Holy Spirit. That is clear in scriptures my friend.

Tong
R0947
I do see that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Trinity.

But, even according to the creeds, they are not separate.

This would indicate to me that there is a sense in which the Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6); while the Father is not the Son.

And the Holy Ghost is the Son and the Father; while the Father and the Son are not the Holy Ghost.

This is because God the Father became a Man and when He died on the Cross, He released His Spirit back to His former self who inhabiteth eternity. Thus, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

And, In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with the Father, and the Word was the Father (compare 1 Corinthians 8:6).

If you accept these doctrines by faith and then seek to understand how they apply to the doctrine of the Trinity, I believe that you will even come to understand the Trinity as a doctrine. For it is not difficult to understand once you know what it really is.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I do see that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Trinity.

But, even according to the creeds, they are not separate.

This would indicate to me that there is a sense in which the Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6); while the Father is not the Son.

And the Holy Ghost is the Son and the Father; while the Father and the Son are not the Holy Ghost.

This is because God the Father became a Man and when He died on the Cross, He released His Spirit back to His former self who inhabiteth eternity. Thus, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

And, In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with the Father, and the Word was the Father (compare 1 Corinthians 8:6).

If you accept these doctrines by faith and then seek to understand how they apply to the doctrine of the Trinity, I believe that you will even come to understand the Trinity as a doctrine. For it is not difficult to understand once you know what it really is.
Distinct yes. Separate no. Distinct as such, there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Not separate as such, God is one.

And distinct as such, the Father is not the Son nor is the Father the Holy Spirit; the Son is not the Father nor is the Son the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is not the Father nor is the Holy Spirit the Son. If not, they will not be distinct.

It was not the Father who became flesh, but the Word, of whom John revealed is the Son.

Tong
R0948

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

And to deny that this is related by holy scripture, one has to change the wording of the verse twice using shennanigans of language. That ought to tell you right there that something is up.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Distinct yes. Separate no. Distinct as such, there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Not separate as such, God is one.

And distinct as such, the Father is not the Son nor is the Father the Holy Spirit; the Son is not the Father nor is the Son the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is not the Father nor is the Holy Spirit the Son. If not, they will not be distinct.

It was not the Father who became flesh, but the Word, of whom John revealed is the Son.

Tong
R0948
God is One. That means Jesus is God. Only the name was changed at his birth.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Tong
R0948
The Word is God and the Word became flesh.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God is One. That means Jesus is God. Only the name was changed at his birth.
And never did I say that He is not God. What I said is that the Son is not the Father nor is the Son the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R0950

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was better than that...He was and is the Son of God.

We all honour the Father as God. Therefore, according to this scripture, we ought to honour the Son as ___.
The son just as God gave His son teh honor, seems you dont want God to have a son, so denying your very own salvation.

[MKJV] II Thessalonians 2:10
and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And never did I say that He is not God. What I said is that the Son is not the Father nor is the Son the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R0950
The Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6....before you change it twice in order to get a more "conventional" interpretation).

Reactions: Cooper