How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yep He is the word of God, Not God, cant you tell the difference, at least you got that part right.
@mjrhealth and to all who agree with him.

Do you know who said, "I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."?

Hint: He is the one who said "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,".

Tong
R0935

Reactions: Cooper

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do you know who said, "I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."?

Hint: He is the one who said "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,".

Tong
R0935
Thats because His word was with Him, His word became flesh, Jesus, and returned to Him, God is Eternal, God cannot die, but men go around proudly boasting that they Killed Him, makes the devil so happy, that we could do something he could not.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yep He is the word of God, Not God, cant you tell the difference, at least you got that part right.

Matthew 3:3
For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.’ ”

Luke 3:4
as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.

John 1:23
He said: “I am ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Make straight the way of the Lord,” ’ as the prophet Isaiah said.”

Now, let's see the OT scriptures where the prophet Isaiah spoke of this:

Isaiah 40:3
The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert A highway for our God.

Clearly, Isaiah identified who the Lord is, that is, God. Let's see that in the original Hebrew text, that perhaps you will see that truth.

Isaiah 40:3
qō·wl qō·w·rê, bam·miḏ·bār pan·nū de·reḵ Yah·weh; yaš·šə·rū bā·‘ă·rā·ḇāh, mə·sil·lāh lê·lō·hê·nū.

qō·wl = The voice
qō·w·rê = of one crying
bam·miḏ·bār = in the wilderness
pan·nū = Prepare
de·reḵ = the way
Yah·weh = the Lord
yaš·šə·rū = Make straight
bā·‘ă·rā·ḇāh = in the desert
mə·sil·lāh = a highway
lê·lō·hê·nū = for our God

Matthew, Luke, and John knew exactly what they said concerning Jesus Christ when they referred to Isaiah 40:3. Isaiah 40:3 was a prophecy exactly about the ministry of John the baptist concerning Yahweh, who was manifested to Him and later to the world, in the person of Jesus Christ. The three of them made that perfectly clear. And it clearly speaks about the preparation of the way of Yahweh ~ God. And that prophecy was fulfilled in John the baptist and in Jesus Christ.

Tong
R0936

Reactions: justbyfaith

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

1. Who do you say created all things that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers?

2. Who do you say is before all things?

3. In whom do you say all things consist?

Answer: The Creator: God

Now, consider what scriptures says of Christ:

Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Tong
R0937

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

1. Who do you say created all things that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers?

2. Who do you say is before all things?

3. In whom do you say all things consist?

Answer: The Creator: God

Now, consider what scriptures says of Christ:

Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Tong
R0937
So God lied,

HE didnt have a son, HE came Himself, we mankind Killed the Eternal father that cannot die, that lives forever.
God didnt raise Jesus from the dead, HE raised himself, that which was dead raised that which was dead. So the bible is a lie, our salvation is a lie, because it seems not even God can speak the truth, So who is going to remove Jesus from the bible and replace Him with God, so that we wont have any salvation,. The enemy is a deceiver and HE is stealing away your salvation, but you are too blind to see.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thats because His word was with Him, His word became flesh, Jesus, and returned to Him, God is Eternal, God cannot die, but men go around proudly boasting that they Killed Him, makes the devil so happy, that we could do something he could not.
Argue your case with apostle John, Luke, Paul, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, if you will. I only told you what they said, which is written in scriptures.

Revelations 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Acts 20:25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Tong
R0938

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Argue your case with apostle John, Luke, Paul, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, if you will. I only told you what they said, which is written in scriptures.

Revelations 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Acts 20:25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Tong
R0938
It also says

Mat_6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. So doent Jesus have a father and doesnt God have a son

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Look He is still in Heaven God that is,

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Still in heaven, God

Act_2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

So the disciples are lying, they witnessed God raising Jesus,

Rom_1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Heb_1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Seems God lies a lot according to you...

2Pe_1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

So Christ gets no honor just like it is written

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So God lied,

HE didnt have a son, HE came Himself, we mankind Killed the Eternal father that cannot die, that lives forever.
God didnt raise Jesus from the dead, HE raised himself, that which was dead raised that which was dead. So the bible is a lie, our salvation is a lie, because it seems not even God can speak the truth, So who is going to remove Jesus from the bible and replace Him with God, so that we wont have any salvation,. The enemy is a deceiver and HE is stealing away your salvation, but you are too blind to see.
Perhaps in your POV, contrary to scriptures.

Apparently you reject the truth that it is God who created all things that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, who is before all things, and in whom all things consist.

Apparently you reject the truth that there is only one Potentate, the one King of kings and one Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 6:15
which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Revelation 17:14
These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

That's not me saying that my friend, but Paul, John, and the Holy Spirit. Would you argue against them?

Tong
R0939

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh men and you call me deluded.... Too much study, not enough Jesus. what you going to tell your "students" when they find out you have being telling them fables, that man is able to kill the eternal God who cannot die. Its a good thing some have a veil over there eyes, because if they did have the truth they would be held accountable.
It is no fable that the eternal God became a Man and did indeed die for the sins of the world.

For if you do not believe that Jesus is the great I AM, you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God lied,

The preaching of the Cross is indeed foolishness to those who are perishing.

It also says

Mat_6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. So doent Jesus have a father and doesnt God have a son

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Still in heaven, God

Rom_1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Heb_1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

2Pe_1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

I think that if you will simply get baptized in Jesus' Name in a Oneness Pentecostal Church, your theological problems will be solved immediately.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It also says

Jesus does have a father, not a man, but who is God, the Father. For the Word, who was God, in whom things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made, in due time miraculously became flesh, coming forth from the Father, was begotten of the Father, in a body prepared for Him, by the power of the Holy Spirit conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary, thus partaken of flesh and blood, made like His brethren, coming in the likeness of man and found in the appearance of man. Now, before you seem to want to refute the scriptures that speaks the truth concerning Jesus Christ by human wisdom and logical reasoning, be reminded that such things of the Spirit of God are spiritual things and thus cannot be understood nor explained by human wisdom. Not that they could not be discerned, but that they are spiritually discerned and not naturally by human wisdom.

Still in heaven, God
And also on Earth. You might have forgotten, if you believe this at all, that God is omnipotent and omnipresent.

In your POV perhaps. Besides what the apostles are witness to is not the raising of Jesus Christ, but that He resurrected from the dead, for they have seen the risen Christ with their own eyes and was even with them, even ate with them and even had touched Him and talked with Him.

No sir, God does not lie. That is why I believe His words in scriptures which declares the person of Jesus Christ, that He is the almighty God in the flesh.

Only in your POV. The Son receiving honor and glory is no matter against the truth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, in the same sense that the Son giving honor and glory to the Father is no matter against the truth that the Father is God. But the matter that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father speaks loud and clear about the person of Jesus Christ.

Tong
R0940

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus does have a father, not a man, but who is God, the Father. For the Word, who was God, in whom things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made, in due time miraculously became flesh, coming forth from the Father, was begotten of the Father, in a body prepared for Him, by the power of the Holy Spirit conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary, thus partaken of flesh and blood, made like His brethren, coming in the likeness of man and found in the appearance of man. Now, before you seem to want to refute the scriptures that speaks the truth concerning Jesus Christ by human wisdom and logical reasoning, be reminded that such things of the Spirit of God are spiritual things and thus cannot be understood nor explained by human wisdom. Not that they could not be discerned, but that they are spiritually discerned and not naturally by human wisdom.

And also on Earth. You might have forgotten, if you believe this at all, that God is omnipotent and omnipresent.

In your POV perhaps. Besides what the apostles are witness to is not the raising of Jesus Christ, but that He resurrected from the dead, for they have seen the risen Christ with their own eyes and was even with them, even ate with them and even had touched Him and talked with Him.

No sir, God does not lie. That is why I believe His words in scriptures which declares the person of Jesus Christ, that He is the almighty God in the flesh.

Only in your POV. The Son receiving honor and glory is no matter against the truth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, in the same sense that the Son giving honor and glory to the Father is no matter against the truth that the Father is God. But the matter that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father speaks loud and clear about the person of Jesus Christ.

Tong
R0940
Jesus as a man, God with us, had a Father for 33 years only. Prior to that He is the WORD who created all things. Now he is back to being the eternal God and this is why he taught the people the Lord's Prayer, knowing full well they would be praying to him.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Jesus as a man, God with us, had a Father for 33 years only. Prior to that He is the WORD who created all things. Now he is back to being the eternal God and this is why he taught the people the Lord's Prayer, knowing full well they would be praying to him.
We are united in Jesus Christ, I believe. Though it seems we differ in that matter that God, in partaking of flesh and blood, in the likeness of man, did not even at that time, cease to be the eternal God. God was manifested/revealed (invisible as He is, was seen, being made visible) in the flesh, in the person of Jesus Christ, who was declared righteous in the Spirit.

Tong
R0941

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sp God never had a son, JEsus is a lie and man has no salvation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The preaching of the Cross is indeed foolishness to those who are perishing.
Yes it is, as you can see, it is foolishness that Jesus died for men, and HE gets no honor just as the bible says. Thanks for removing Him from the story, the devil never wanted Him there,

Mat_4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

I guess Jesus wasnt the son of God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are united in Jesus Christ, I believe. Though it seems we differ in that matter that God, in partaking of flesh and blood, in the likeness of man, did not even at that time, cease to be the eternal God. God was manifested/revealed (invisible as He is, was seen, being made visible) in the flesh, in the person of Jesus Christ, who was declared righteous in the Spirit.

Tong
R0941
You are right, Jesus the man was God on earth, the Spirit made visible.

When Jesus said pray to the Father, all he had to do was to point to himself. He actually said, "he that hath seen me has seen the Father." John 14:9

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
When Jesus said pray to the Father, all he had to do was to point to himself.
Jesus said that we pray to the Father who is in heaven. That is why, He taught this prayer to His disciple beginning with "Our Father in heaven,....". He points us to the Father. Shall we not approach God according to His revelation? I thought, not for anything else but to fulfill all righteousness, we should.

Tong
R0943

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said that we pray to the Father who is in heaven. That is why, He taught this prayer to His disciple beginning with "Our Father in heaven,....". He points us to the Father. Shall we not approach God according to His revelation? I thought, to fulfill all righteousness, we should.

Tong
R0943
When the people of old, and how I wish I had been there, looked at Jesus, they were in the presence of two persons of the Trinity. Well, I should have said three persons, Jesus, the Holy Spirit who dwelt in him, and the Father. I say this without fear of contradiction, because as I have just pointed out Jesus said, "he that hath seen me has seen the Father." John 14:9

Don't you feel a thrill?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
When the people of old, and how I wish I had been there, looked at Jesus, they were in the presence of two persons of the Trinity. Well, I should have said three persons, Jesus, the Holy Spirit who dwelt in him, and the Father. I say this without fear of contradiction, because as I have just pointed out Jesus said, "he that hath seen me has seen the Father." John 14:9

Don't you feel a thrill?
I agree that they who have seen and have been with Jesus Christ, such as the apostles, should have seen the Father, in the sense embodied in what He said to Philip, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father".

Tong
R0944