How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

15 He said to them, But who do you say I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 Jesus answered and said to him, You are blessed, Simon, son of Jonah, for flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in Heaven

And according to you I have a demon really, so than so must have Peter
That does not logically follow.

Because your demon tells you that Jesus isn't trhe Son of God according to Isaiah's definition (in Isaiah 9:6).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the world is filled with teachers I wonder how many where really called, or just think because they read a bit in the bible they might be. Would you ever get up on a pew and tellmen , Hey you dont need me, Jesus came so you could learn from Him, go find Him for yourself,The Spirit of God teaches us we dont need men. I seriously doubt you could.
I often tell people to be Bereans about what I say to them (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:22 who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth;

2 Corinthians 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Luke 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

1 John 3:5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

Matthew 27:24 When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this Man’s blood; see to that yourselves.”

John 19:4 Pilate came out again and *said to them, “Behold, I am bringing Him out to you so that you may know that I find no guilt in Him.”

John 8:29 And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.”

Isaiah 53:9 His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

1 Peter 1:18-19
knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

The above is about the sinlessness of Jesus. What we have from the OP is a grave misunderstanding of two verses.

(LIghts out.)
You missed one:

Mat 27:3, Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

Even the one who betrayed Him (His worst enemy) counted Him as innocent; and this speaks volumes.

Reactions: Cooper

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That does not logically follow.

Because your demon tells you that Jesus isn't trhe Son of God according to Isaiah's definition (in Isaiah 9:6).
See now you twist things I never said He wasnt the son of God did i, you sound just like our other friend... go show us all where i did since you doing teh accusing, and we know who he is.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I often tell people to be Bereans about what I say to them (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).
So like i said, you dont send them to Jesus,

[MKJV] Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.
[MKJV] John 6:35
And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes on Me shall never thirst.

not unexpected

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See now you twist things I never said He wasnt the son of God did i, you sound just like our other friend... go show us all where i did since you doing teh accusing, and we know who he is.

What I am saying is that in Isaiah 9:6, the son that was given shall have the name of the everlasting Father....this is the definition of who the Son is...so if you deny this, you are denying that Jesus is the Son of God, if you are denying that He is the Father.

So like i said, you dont send them to Jesus,

[MKJV] Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.
[MKJV] John 6:35
And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes on Me shall never thirst.

not unexpected
Yes, I do...for Jesus is the Word...and in sending them to the word of God I am in fact sending them to Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God than is a liar and John 3:16 is a lie, so God never had a son, Jesus was just God in disguise. Its a legal thing, with all your studying you should know.
Jesus is the Son in the hypostatic union.

From the perspective of being the Son, He says that the Father prepared a body for Him to dwell in, in Hebrews 10:5.

But He is also speaking it from the perspective of being the Father; in that the Father is the Spirit dwelling on the inside of Jesus (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11). So the Spirit of Jesus is the Father; and His soul is the soul of God; His flesh, the flesh of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the Son in the hypostatic union.

From the perspective of being the Son, He says that the Father prepared a body for Him to dwell in, in Hebrews 10:5.

But He is also speaking it from the perspective of being the Father; in that the Father is the Spirit dwelling on the inside of Jesus (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11). So the Spirit of Jesus is the Father; and His soul is the soul of God; His flesh, the flesh of God.
So now you are making things up.... What other fables do you tell.

God teh same, today yesterday and forever, God has no flesh He is Spirit.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you are making things up.... What other fables do you tell.

God teh same, today yesterday and forever, God has no flesh He is Spirit.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus is the Word; and He became flesh (John 1:14).

Jhn 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2, The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Surely you accept the kjv as inspired?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the Word; and He became flesh (John 1:14).

Jhn 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2, The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Surely you accept the kjv as inspired?
Yep He is the word of God, Not God, cant you tell the difference, at least you got that part right.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep He is the word of God, Not God, cant you tell the difference, at least you got that part right.
Are you able to read the scripture that was laid in front of your very eyes?

It says, and the Word was God.

Combine that with Psalms 90:2 and you have a winner.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you able to read the scripture that was laid in front of your very eyes?

It says, and the Word was God.

Combine that with Psalms 90:2 and you have a winner.
For a teacher who studies so much you still dont get it do you...

God never came to earth, just as you said, His word became flesh, just as He spoke His word and the universe was created, but He isnt the universe, God is Eternal HE cannot die, God never came to earth, He gave us His only beggoten son, because HE unlike american politicians believed that it was worth it, to Him, to send His son to win the battle for us, He is no coward as you claimed Him to be, would you send your son off to war...

And like I said before, it is a legal thing JEsus is the mediator of the new covenant between Him and God, for us,

You really need to seek Him out on this one or you will never get it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth,

you are apparently blind to what it clearly says in scripture...

That the Word was God.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Until you can admit that this is the teaching of holy scripture, I don't know what I can do for you. You are apparently unwilling to believe in the very doctrine that means salvation to your soul in John 8:24.

I don't know if you have considered that Jesus claimed to be the great I AM of Exodus 3:14 in John 8:58...and that the Pharisees and scribes understood Him to be making this claim (John 8:59, John 10:31-33).

He also claimed that your belief in His claimed Deity is essential to your salvation (in John 8:24).

If you are going to harden your heart to these verses, I don't know what I can do for you...I'm not certain that I have any more that I can give you.

I will say that there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); and that this Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). However, no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3); that is, the Spirit of truth.

And, Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Did you look up the scriptures in question? I suggest to you that your eternal destiny may depend on you being a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) in this matter.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth,

And, Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Did you look up the scriptures in question? I suggest to you that your eternal destiny may depend on you being a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) in this matter.
So to make it really simple for you, since your carnal mind fails to understand.

So God who is eternal and cannot die, died,
Us, mankind killed the Eternal Father - You cannot see how arrogant or proud that is.
It is His word that holds all this together, if God can die than so can His word, and than neither of them are Eternal, you cant even begin to see what would of happened if God died, there would be nothing to hold this together, and we would not exist.

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to make it really simple for you, since your carnal mind fails to understand.

So God who is eternal and cannot die, died,
Us, mankind killed the Eternal Father - You cannot see how arrogant or proud that is.
It is His word that holds all this together, if God can die than so can His word, and than neither of them are Eternal, you cant even begin to see what would of happened if God died, there would be nothing to hold this together, and we would not exist.

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
There is an answer if you are willing to listen.

The Father inhabiteth eternity and also descended to become a Man.

In the descending, He cannot cease to inhabit eternity; for that which inhabits eternity is there eternally.

But in descending to become a Man, He became capable of dying (in that soul and spirit were separated from body) and His former self would still inhabit eternity to uphold all things.

You believe that Jesus died on the Cross, correct? that is a given; even a part of the gospel found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Yet, here is what the Bible says about the Son:

Col 1:13, Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14, In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15, Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16, For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17, And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But in descending to become a Man, He became capable of dying (in that soul and spirit were separated from body) and His former self would still inhabit eternity to uphold all things.
Oh so another fable.... Will this be added to the Enod Blyton stories, so proud arrogant man killed the eternal father, making it up as you go. Satan must be proud of us, we did something he couldnt do.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so another fable.... Will this be added to the Enod Blyton stories, so proud arrogant man killed the eternal father, making it up as you go. Satan must be proud of us, we did something he couldnt do.
No, God planned it from the beginning to come and die for the sake of humanity (Acts of the Apostles 2:23). He had power to lay down His life...and He had power to take it up again (John 10:17-18).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, God planned it from the beginning to come and die for the sake of humanity (Acts of the Apostles 2:23). He had power to lay down His life...and He had power to take it up again (John 10:17-18).
Oh men and you call me deluded.... Too much study, not enough Jesus. what you going to tell your "students" when they find out you have being telling them fables, that man is able to kill the eternal God who cannot die. Its a good thing some have a veil over there eyes, because if they did have the truth they would be held accountable.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Col 1:13, Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
PRAISE GOD

Last edited: