How do you put joy into words?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's promises really are true. His Word is alive and there's life in it.

Collosians 3:16
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Through God's Word, Ive been given an unspeakable unshakeable joy. I am so grateful for everything He has done for me. His love, I experience, through His Word.

Phillipians 4:4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

How do you rejoice in the Lord? You let his Word change you. You consider His great love and all the things He has done in your life.

It wells up in you like a living spring of water. Let the tears fall and give God some praise.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've been thinking about joy recently. It is a fruit of the Spirit and we are supposed to possess it but it can be misunderstood. It is not happiness as such, more it is a deep conviction that all is well because God is around. It is deep contentment and peace of mind. I my own experience anyway.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Joy from God is a fruit that we feel from his Holy Spirit. And something I've learned thru trial and error is how to receive that Joy. And I find it is thru service to family and friends and in church and to others, etc. I find that serving others brings me Peace, Love and Joy.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Joy from God is a fruit that we feel from his Holy Spirit. And something I've learned thru trial and error is how to receive that Joy. And I find it is thru service to family and friends and in church and to others, etc. I find that serving others brings me Peace, Love and Joy.

That's so wonderful! I agree.

Reactions: Pearl

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true test of Joy in your heart is when everything goes against you. This is the fiery trial, if your joy is in the LORD, You will always have that no matter how much pain and sorrow is in your life.... That Joy will get you to get up and move in sorrow and misery instead of wallow in it. I Have had a lot of such heartbreak and sorrow in my life, but That wellspring of the Joy of the Lord has given me the strength to Get up and live for him in that misery, and through that misery.... and then there are the "angels" he sends with messages along the way to help me, to lift me up when I fall and to guide me in the right direction if i wander into my misery and sorrow. I Could not do this on my own, of my own strength, but the Joy Of the LORD is my strength.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about joy recently. It is a fruit of the Spirit and we are supposed to possess it but it can be misunderstood. It is not happiness as such, more it is a deep conviction that all is well because God is around. It is deep contentment and peace of mind. I my own experience anyway.
That's how I perceive the "joy" of the Lord too Pearl, more of a peace rather than the worldly joy of say, getting a new car, or house or having a baby.
Although Wynona sure does have a great outlook and attitude! And, that comes from The Lord too :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God's promises really are true. His Word is alive and there's life in it.

Collosians 3:16
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Through God's Word, Ive been given an unspeakable unshakeable joy. I am so grateful for everything He has done for me. His love, I experience, through His Word.

Phillipians 4:4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

How do you rejoice in the Lord? You let his Word change you. You consider His great love and all the things He has done in your life.

It wells up in you like a living spring of water. Let the tears fall and give God some praise.
@Wynona Philippians is indeed the Epistle of Joy..........:)