How God saves you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
How does God save you ?????????
[font=lucida sans unicode']Well, the way he does not do it is by your works, or your deeds, or your penance, or your taking communion, or your confessing your sins, or joining a local church, or anything (works) that you do.[/font]
Now, [font=lucida sans unicode']did you notice this Thread's title??[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']It presumes you know that God alone saves you, and that you dont save you.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']I realize that some of you, mostly Catholics, cant deal with this, because you have been so strictly and falsely taught that salvation is something that is [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']available, IF you are willing to do your (works) part to make it happen, keep it, and die trying.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, im truly sorry that the burden of your salvation has been cruely harnessed to your back like a 500lb weight, but, thats not my fault.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Its your fault for not taking the time to find out the truth about the "gift of God"[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Now, how does God save you?[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']This is so simple.. yet so beautifully profound, perfect, and amazing.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Such is the Love of God.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']God created a basis to esteem you truthfully equal to himself in righteousness and gives it to you for free.[/font]
His basis applies it to you by Faith so that you have his righteousness, and by having the same righteousness as
he has, you are the same as he is regarding righteousness.
Now get that...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[font=comic sans ms']Salvation, [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']is all about Righteousness.....[/font]
Salvation is all about >having God's righteousness...<
[font=lucida sans unicode']Its all about getting God's righteousness applied to you, once and forever, so that you are made worthy and esteemed acceptable to him.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Got that?[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']So, how does God do it?????[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']How does he recreate you to be as righteous as he is so that he can accept you for eternity?[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']The way he does is 2 fold....[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']1st, he takes you out from under the law....Romans 6:14....Galatians 3:13,14....and he does this because its the LAW that is confirming your sin and concluding that you are a sinner....which condemns you, judges you, and makes you guilty before him and due punishment.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, this has to go, or else the Law you are under will continue to judge you as a transgressor.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']2nd, He sheds the blood of Christ, and this divine sinless sacrifice meets and absolves all the legal requirements of the law and therefore takes all the punishment the Law demands of YOU, that YOU OWE =as a sentence for your lifetime of sinning.[/font]
Christ is slain and you are pardoned, forgiven.
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, the slaying of Christ does 2 things.....it pays for all your sins and it forever removes the Law from you so that you are no longer judged by the law anymore.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, when you take Christ by faith, God applies this Law removing sacrificial redemptive atoning payment to YOU, and this restores you to a clean and redeemed spiritual position ....2nd Corinthians 5:17.., and from this position God gives you his righteousness as a Free Gift having now the Christ slain= sin pardoning = law removing basis to do so.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Your new status, your born again spiritual condition is what the bible calls... "In Christ" and "Christ in you the hope of glory"[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']God has eternally joined you to Christ in the Spirit now and forever, and by doing this he has come to live inside you which seals you until the day of redemption....Ephesians 4:30.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']This is why [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']John 17:23 tells you that ...."I in them, and tho (God) in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".[/font]
This is why your bible tells you in [font=lucida sans unicode']Ephesians 5:30 that you are... "members of HIS BODY of HIS FLESH, and of HIS BONES"...[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']You [/font]have literally by born again new birth become one with God and with Christ and this is what is explained to you in Galatians 4:5 ..."to redeem that that WERE under the law, that we might received the ADOPTION".
Now do you see that word "Adoption"?.. = that is what God has done for you.\
That is the end result of your FAITH.
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, as you are now given the "gift of God's righteousness" Romans 5:17,19, you are ADOPTED into the family of God for all eternity.[/font]
You as a born again believer are a righteous Son or daughter of God, adopted, and all based on Christ's shed BLOOD creating the way and the means for God to recreate you as his RIGHTEOUS child by giving you as a free gift = his very RIGHTEOUSNESS for all eternity.
Romans Ch 4: verses 5,6,8,11,22,23,24,25

praise God !!!
what a Savior. !!!
What a salvation !!!

K

JoeinArkansas

Feb 14, 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
[font=lucida sans unicode']Well, the way he does not do it is by your works, or your deeds, or your penance, or your taking communion, or your confessing your sins, or joining a local church, or anything (works) that you do.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']It presumes you know that God alone saves you, and that you dont save you.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']I realize that some of you, mostly Catholics, cant deal with this, because you have been so strictly and falsely taught that salvation is something that is [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']available, IF you are willing to do your (works) part to make it happen, keep it, and die trying.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, im truly sorry that the burden of your salvation has been cruely harnessed to your back like a 500lb weight, but, thats not my fault.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Its your fault for not taking the time to find out the truth about the "gift of God"[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']This is so simple.. yet so beautifully profound, perfect, and amazing.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']God created a basis to esteem you truthfully equal to himself in righteousness and gives it to you for free.[/font]
His basis applies it to you by Faith so that you have his righteousness, and by having the same righteousness as
[font=comic sans ms']Salvation, [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']is all about Righteousness.....[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Its all about getting God's righteousness applied to you, once and forever, so that you are made worthy and esteemed acceptable to him.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']How does he recreate you to be as righteous as he is so that he can accept you for eternity?[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']1st, he takes you out from under the law....Romans 6:14....Galatians 3:13,14....and he does this because its the LAW that is confirming your sin and concluding that you are a sinner....which condemns you, judges you, and makes you guilty before him and due punishment.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, this has to go, or else the Law you are under will continue to judge you as a transgressor.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']2nd, He sheds the blood of Christ, and this divine sinless sacrifice meets and absolves all the legal requirements of the law and therefore takes all the punishment the Law demands of YOU, that YOU OWE =as a sentence for your lifetime of sinning.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, the slaying of Christ does 2 things.....it pays for all your sins and it forever removes the Law from you so that you are no longer judged by the law anymore.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, when you take Christ by faith, God applies this Law removing sacrificial redemptive atoning payment to YOU, and this restores you to a clean and redeemed spiritual position ....2nd Corinthians 5:17.., and from this position God gives you his righteousness as a Free Gift having now the Christ slain= sin pardoning = law removing basis to do so.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']Your new status, your born again spiritual condition is what the bible calls... "In Christ" and "Christ in you the hope of glory"[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']God has eternally joined you to Christ in the Spirit now and forever, and by doing this he has come to live inside you which seals you until the day of redemption....Ephesians 4:30.[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']This is why [/font][font=lucida sans unicode']John 17:23 tells you that ...."I in them, and tho (God) in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".[/font]
This is why your bible tells you in [font=lucida sans unicode']Ephesians 5:30 that you are... "members of HIS BODY of HIS FLESH, and of HIS BONES"...[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode']You [/font]have literally by born again new birth become one with God and with Christ and this is what is explained to you in Galatians 4:5 ..."to redeem that that WERE under the law, that we might received the ADOPTION".
[font=lucida sans unicode']So, as you are now given the "gift of God's righteousness" Romans 5:17,19, you are ADOPTED into the family of God for all eternity.[/font]
You as a born again believer are a righteous Son or daughter of God, adopted, and all based on Christ's shed BLOOD creating the way and the means for God to recreate you as his RIGHTEOUS child by giving you as a free gift = his very RIGHTEOUSNESS for all eternity.

praise God !!!
what a Savior. !!!
What a salvation !!!

K

Dear Kidron,
I read your post and can't say I disagree with it. But the things your post didn't say leave me to fill in the void with mainstream church teachings and with that I do disagree. First of all, no matter a person's denomination, the "churches" teach that we do have some works that we must do. Those works are making the right choice to follow Christ, be baptized in water and/or saying the sinner's prayer. There are probably others but those are the common works that the "church" teaches that we must do and it is up to our us to decide to do them or not. I don't know for sure what you believe concerning the works I listed but as you might have guested, I don't agree that those are our works. Everything we do and choose to do is a work of Christ. He calls us to Him, He gives us the gift of faith to believe Him, He causes us to repent and He gives us the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Savior and He does it all. We can not take credit for even our response to Him. Before we believe or come to Christ, our carnal mind is enmity (hatred) toward God and wants nothing to do with Him. Unless Christ "draws" (or a better translation is "drags") us to Him against our carnal mind, we would NEVER come to Him on our own. Our salvation is completely in His hands and in His hands there is no better place to be. Whether Christ chooses us for His church or whether He withholds our salvation until the final age, we have God's word that He will save us in God's appointed time.

1 Tim 2:4-6 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

2 Tim 1:9 who did save us, and did call with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, that was given to us in Christ Jesus, before the times of the ages,

John 1:12–13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Sincerely,
Joe

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only has Jesus rescued us from a legal bind (the Law) but also from Sin (we have died to sin as well), from Satan (a conquered foe) and from ourselves (we have been crucified with Christ (Gal 2:20)). The Rescue is more than a courtroom drama but takes place outdoors in a universe full of adversity.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A useful analogy is that of many shipwrecked people sinking in a sea of sin.

Lifejackets are available for each and every one of them.

If they all accept the need to put on a lifejacket now, they are closer to salvation, but not as yet eternally saved.

The lifejackets will fit anyone who truly desires to be free of the sin that they are sinking in.

All those who put on the lifejacket are assured that it will always save the wearer from sinking in the sea of sin.

But only those who keep the lifejacket on until they reach the Promised Land are eternally saved.

Those who wear the lifejacket for a while but take it off before they reach the Promised Land begin sinking again.

If those who have taken their lifejacket off, reject and discard it with no hope of wearing it again, they are eternally lost.

Guess who the Lifejacket is!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A useful analogy is that of many shipwrecked people sinking in a sea of sin.

Lifejackets are available for each and every one of them.

If they all accept the need to put on a lifejacket now, they are closer to salvation, but not as yet eternally saved.

The lifejackets will fit anyone who truly desires to be free of the sin that they are sinking in.

All those who put on the lifejacket are assured that it will always save the wearer from sinking in the sea of sin.

But only those who keep the lifejacket on until they reach the Promised Land are eternally saved.

Those who wear the lifejacket for a while but take it off before they reach the Promised Land begin sinking again.

If those who have taken their lifejacket off, reject and discard it with no hope of wearing it again, they are eternally lost.

Guess who the Lifejacket is!

Great analogy! :)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally. I believe His grip on us is stronger than a life jacket in which we can bail.

“And I give them everlasting life, and they shall by no means ever perish, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. And no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
(Joh 10:28-29)

as well as...

For if, being enemies, we were restored to favour with Elohim through the death of His Son, much more, having been restored to favour, we shall be saved by His life.
(Rom 5:10)

calvaryoakville

Jul 20, 2012
canada
Just want to share:
1. GOD'S LOVE
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]2. MAN SINNED
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
[/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]3. JESUS DIED[/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.[/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Matthew 28:19

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
[/background]​
Contemporary church in oakville

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus came to give us life

“In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him” (1John 4:9)

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. (Jn 10:10)

How do we have life through Jesus?

Belief
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (Jn 3;16)

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, (Jn3:36)

Obedience
And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good.
If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

Baptism
“We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life” (Rom 6:4)

Sacrifice
And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life. (Mt 19:29)

Good Works
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me’….. I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’…. And these will go off …to eternal life.” (Mt 25:35-36, 40. 46)

Eucharist
“So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”. (Jn 6:53-54)

Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” (Rev 19:9)

In the Eucharistic communion we are already invited to anticipate the wedding feast of the Lamb. Our Bridegroom comes to us in an intimate union.

That’s how we have life thorough him.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

praise God !!!
what a Savior. !!!
What a salvation !!!

K
Nonsense. This one scripture annuls that whole way of thinking. There are many more.
Matthew 10
38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Taking your cross and following after Him is an action. It is a work of faith and without faith you can not please God.

Not only has Jesus rescued us from a legal bind (the Law) but also from Sin (we have died to sin as well), from Satan (a conquered foe) and from ourselves (we have been crucified with Christ (Gal 2:20)). The Rescue is more than a courtroom drama but takes place outdoors in a universe full of adversity.

If you are doing sin then you are guilty as sin and will receive the wages of sin which is death. If by walking in the Spirit of Christ you have stopped sinning then you have understood the true gospel of Christ who is salvation. He is the way walk in Him. He is the truth learn what He taught and do it. He is the Life. Breath. walk and live in Him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Personally. I believe His grip on us is stronger than a life jacket in which we can bail.

“And I give them everlasting life, and they shall by no means ever perish, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. And no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
(Joh 10:28-29)

as well as...

For if, being enemies, we were restored to favour with Elohim through the death of His Son, much more, having been restored to favour, we shall be saved by His life.
(Rom 5:10)

The trouble with that is you take that one verse out of context. And what is the CONTEXT? The ENTIRE BIBLE! The whole counsel of God!

This is how men create their doctrines which nullify God's Word. They omit, ignore or change God's Word and this only counsels rebellion against God and does not conform you to godliness. How can you know whether or not you are being deceived when you engage in this activity? How can you know whether you have the mark of the beast or not? Because false security is found in the doctrines of men rather than in conformity to godliness and the Word of God.

Axehead

Reactions: Axehead

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
If we walk in the light, as He is in the light the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. — 1 John 1:7

To mistake conscious freedom from sin for deliverance from sin by the Atonement is a great error. No man knows what sin is until he is born again. Sin is what Jesus Christ faced on Calvary. The evidence that I am delivered from sin is that I know the real nature of sin in me. It takes the last reach of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that is, the impartation of His absolute perfection, to make a man know what sin is.

The Holy Spirit applies the Atonement to us in the unconscious realm as well as in the realm of which we are conscious, and it is only when we get a grasp of the unrivalled power of the Spirit in us that we understand the meaning of 1 John 1:7, "the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin." This does not refer to conscious sin only, but to the tremendously profound understanding of sin which only the Holy Ghost in me realizes.

If I walk in the light as God is in the light, not in the light of my conscience, but in the light of God – if I walk there, with nothing folded up, then there comes the amazing revelation, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin so that God Almighty can see nothing to censure in me. In my consciousness it works with a keen poignant knowledge of what sin is. The love of God at work in me makes me hate with the hatred of the Holy Ghost all that is not in keeping with God’s holiness. To walk in the light means that everything that is of the darkness drives me closer into the centre of the light.

From My Utmost for His Highest, 26th December, by Oswald Chambers

Reactions: Axehead

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trouble with that is you take that one verse out of context. And what is the CONTEXT? The ENTIRE BIBLE! The whole counsel of God!

This is how men create their doctrines which nullify God's Word. They omit, ignore or change God's Word and this only counsels rebellion against God and does not conform you to godliness. How can you know whether or not you are being deceived when you engage in this activity? How can you know whether you have the mark of the beast or not? Because false security is found in the doctrines of men rather than in conformity to godliness and the Word of God.

Axehead

So anything you yourself states is also out of context and is the doctrines of men since you don't quote the whole bible. At least give me some Scripture as I did you so there is some common ground rather than old and tired Wesleyianism and SDAism.
It is the grace of God that not only leads us to repentance but teaches us to deny ungodliness.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
(Rom 2:4)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
(Tit 2:11-12)

So away with your legalism.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
So anything you yourself states is also out of context and is the doctrines of men since you don't quote the whole bible. At least give me some Scripture as I did you so there is some common ground rather than old and tired Wesleyianism and SDAism.
It is the grace of God that not only leads us to repentance but teaches us to deny ungodliness.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
(Rom 2:4)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
(Tit 2:11-12)

So away with your legalism.

Those are good scriptures because it puts the responsibility on us to abide in Him. I too believe His grip on us is strong and no one shall pluck us out of His hand. Just like you can't "lose your salvation" as if it were a set of keys. But many have walked away from Him. (The Great Falling Away).

He saves us from ourselves because He doesn't want any of us to lose heart or harden our hearts.

Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Now, what was that reference to the SDAs all about?

Axehead

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are good scriptures because it puts the responsibility on us to abide in Him. I too believe His grip on us is strong and no one shall pluck us out of His hand. Just like you can't "lose your salvation" as if it were a set of keys. But many have walked away from Him. (The Great Falling Away).

He saves us from ourselves because He doesn't want any of us to lose heart or harden our hearts.

Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Now, what was that reference to the SDAs all about?

Axehead

Well, you brought up the Mark of the Beast out of the blue,
something that the Seventh Day Adventists also do.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Hi Prism,

Thanks for the explanation. I did not know that about SDAs. I knew they were legalistic about the Sabbath, but I suppose there is more to them than that.

Axehead