How Important Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

By God's grace we should be able to say:

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest." (Psalm 55.6) :)
Rather than taking us out of the way completely, I think it more to God's glory if we could proclaim with David...
Psalm 91:1 ¶ He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. (we are witnesses after all are we not?)
9 ¶ Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 The Lord speaking....Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 13 is all you then, please interp "pillows" and "soft landings" ty

"Pillows"....

False prophetess preaching a comfort and peace to Israel in Jerusalem through mankind.

A lie.

The same Lie you claim applies to me, which you have failed to prove.

"Soft landings"....

Not a clue, where you found that in Ezek 13.

Glory to God,
Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians are too cowardly to consider that what they think is a secure way of life will remain such. It will not. They don't want to consider that the day is fast approaching when following Jesus will no longer be safe for life and limb. The Luciferian elites have told us what they are planning to do, and their willing accomplices in the media, politics, academia, etc. are all too happy to advance their anti-Jesus agenda. That's why the Secret Rapture is so appealing. It allows Christians to remain blissfully ignorant of what's coming upon the world because they think they'll not be here to endure it.
I think we're starting to see that - where it's unsafe for Christians. I am very concerned with what is ahead. I know that most Christians think that it's supposed to get bad as foretold in the Scriptures but are we to lay down our arms? I think we should still act. The media is all owned, and colleges are anti-God. What is you take on Trump? I think Christians have misplaced faith in him. He lies and we know where lies come from. I think he's fulfilling the union of Canada and Guatemala, Honduras etc. right in line with the NWO>

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
are we to lay down our arms?
Jesus, what am I even doing here? How are you going to kill the guy who is turning the other cheek if you lay down your weapons? Who will keep you safe? Or I mean do you mean the gun for purposes of converting others, maybe?

I know I'm prolly doing this wrong, ok, and that was surely an "innocent question," but tbh that is actually like the scariest part ok, and I mean no offense but you brought this to a Christian forum?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Romans 8.38-39. :)

I can't understand those who don't see eternal security clearly in Scripture...
That is bc you seek immortality in Valhalla with Zeus, and have accepted a warped def of "eternal" to support it, as wadr the briefest study will even verify. There is only One Immortal. No one has ever gone up to heaven. All go to the same place. You and your sons will be here with me.

Wadr "eternal" does not mean "forever" nor "immortal."

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think we should still act. The media is all owned, and colleges are anti-God. What is you take on Trump? I think Christians have misplaced faith in him. He lies and we know where lies come from. I think he's fulfilling the union of Canada and Guatemala, Honduras etc. right in line with the NWO>
I think you should still act too, ok, and leave the world wadr

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wadr "eternal" does not mean "forever" nor "immortal."
Looks like you are in the habit of re-defining everything. That would be a page out of the Ministry of Disinformation's manual. War is Peace. Hot is Cold. Eternal is Temporary. Mortal is Immortal.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The understanding of Scripture ACCORDING TO GODS UNDERSTANDING...is ONLY given a man .... BY GOD HIMSELF....and the language is no barrier.

Taken,

Do you mean to exclude the many scholars of Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic over the years who understand etymology, grammar and syntax of these languages and they should be excluded from translation committees of Bibles?

Do you want a Bible translated by a team that understands the original languages or by teams that translate "ACCORDING TO GODS (sic) UNDERSTANDING" - whatever that means?

Oz

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

but are we to lay down our arms?
I think that will be the safest option, yes. The time is coming when our opposition will all be claiming to be representing God...and having directly from God the authority to kill you as a faithful service to Him. God has never proposed that His people should defend their faith through physical fighting...on the contrary, He says...
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

I am convinced doing this is impossible when one has an M16 under his arm. Or even a baseball bat. Any future establishment of false religion and its supporting government (Babylon riding the beast) is a manifestation of the final attempt by Antichrist (Satan's pet baby) to instill a false worship through deception and ultimately government sanctioned and coerced false loyalty (the beast's mark)...and nowhere does God suggest that we resist this with any kind of rebellion, tactical warfare, armed insurrection, or armed defense. Weefuse, yes. We may have to run and hide, yes. But to physically fight? No.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken,

Do you mean to exclude the many scholars of Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic over the years who understand, etymology, grammar and syntax of these languages should be excluded from translation committees of Bibles?

Translation? I didn't mention translation.

Do you want a Bible translated by a team that understands the original language or by one that translates

ACCORDING TO GODS (sic) UNDERSTANDING" - whatever that means?

Gods understanding of His Word comes from God.

Glory to God,
Taken

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Taken,

You stated in #86:

Meanings of words, sure are according to mens logical and mindful understanding....
And TIME periods and cultures.

In English we have umpteen spoken words that mean different things.

The understanding of Scripture ACCORDING TO GODS UNDERSTANDING...is ONLY given a man .... BY GOD HIMSELF....and the language is no barrier.

I agree you didn't mention 'translation' but the application of your statement, 'the understanding of Scripture according to God's understanding' is given to human beings by God Himself. That's what you state here.

If you had to translate the Bible from the original languages, with no background in understanding the grammar of these languages, do you expect that God will help you to understand the original languages without taking a single course in those Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek?

Oz

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken,

You stated in #86:

I agree you didn't mention 'translation' but the application of your statement, 'the understanding of Scripture according to God's understanding' is given to human beings by God Himself. That's what you state here.

If you had to translate the Bible from the original languages, with no background in understanding the grammar of these languages, do you expect that God will help you to understand the original languages without taking a single course in those Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek?

I would hope men taking on a project of Translating Scripture from the Hebrew Language, or the Greek Language, or the Latin Languange, etc. to ANY other Language, would be a project EFFECTED by men VERY Knowledgable in BOTH Languages.

What does THAT have to DO with "understanding the MEANING of Gods Word, according to God" ?

Nothing.

Gods Breath....in Hebrew
Gods Breath.....in Greek
Gods Breath....in Latin
Gods Breath....in Russian
Gods Breath....in Chinese
Gods Breath....in English

Reading .... Gods Breath .... in any Langage simply says....Gods Breath.

So, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF:
"Gods Breath"?

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Easy. Give it to a team of charismatic/Pentecostals...they can translate the entire thing in 3 minutes using tongues and interpretation of tongues.;)

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, what am I even doing here? How are you going to kill the guy who is turning the other cheek if you lay down your weapons? Who will keep you safe? Or I mean do you mean the gun for purposes of converting others, maybe?

I know I'm prolly doing this wrong, ok, and that was surely an "innocent question," but tbh that is actually like the scariest part ok, and I mean no offense but you brought this to a Christian forum?
Luke 22:36 Jesus says, “Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.”

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that will be the safest option, yes. The time is coming when our opposition will all be claiming to be representing God...and having directly from God the authority to kill you as a faithful service to Him. God has never proposed that His people should defend their faith through physical fighting...on the contrary, He says...
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

I am convinced doing this is impossible when one has an M16 under his arm. Or even a baseball bat. Any future establishment of false religion and its supporting government (Babylon riding the beast) is a manifestation of the final attempt by Antichrist (Satan's pet baby) to instill a false worship through deception and ultimately government sanctioned and coerced false loyalty (the beast's mark)...and nowhere does God suggest that we resist this with any kind of rebellion, tactical warfare, armed insurrection, or armed defense. Weefuse, yes. We may have to run and hide, yes. But to physically fight? No.

What about Luke 22:36 where Jesus says, “Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one"? Christ told his disciples to arm themselves even if they had to sell their cloak. It sounds like it was important. There is a dichotomy: in one verse he tells us to turn the other cheek, and the verses you've given above; in another he told the apostles to buy a sword. These are hard and puzzling questions in the Christian faith, where the bible seems to contradict itself. But those of us who have had our eyes opened, know the experience of being able to "see" truths we formerly couldn't see. Maybe this is something that God has to give light on.

There are other verses that may enter in, such as: "He who does not care for his own is worse than a thief." - What if someone evil was hurting someone you love - would you stand there and allow them to do it? Is that what you think God would want you to do? Sometimes being nice to a bully works, other times only a show of force and determination will stop them. We've all dealt with them. I sometimes wonder about when to apply the verses. I know Peter cut off the ear of the men who came to arrest Jesus, but He already knew what He had to do. Would He call for a different response if say the evil people decided they want your wife or daughter? Or what if they forced you to do something ungodly - it could be anything. What would you do?

I never gave it thought until now, but what if you're asked to implant a chip in your hand? Would you do it? The government surveils all our emails, phone conversations, and can even turn our phones on remotely and listen to any of our private conversations. Tucker Carlson said he won't allow a cell phone in his room at night. But then they could use the Smart TV to watch you, or any of the Smart devices in our homes. By that time, we will have been conditioned into having a chip implanted. I find this very creepy. Who wants to watch your every move? It's like voyeurism. I saw the symbol on the government center in Utah where all Americans' communication is stored: it has the eye of Horus on it - a demonic symbol.

Taking up arms doesn't always mean violence. It can cover a wide range of behavior, such as civil disobedience. Why don't we stop paying our taxes, or other ways of protesting the evil being thrust upon us? I just don't know what God expects of us. I read an article one time that this businessman refused to hire Christians, because they never worked on problems when one would arise; they would accept it as something from God. Are we collectively taking the wrong approach? I don't know.

Something else I'd like to point out is that we Americans have been puffed up with thinking we're the good guys, but I was reading something yesterday about how certain people in high places in the American government, such as the Dulles, plundered Guatemala because they wanted their resources. I then read about all the Vietnamese women that were raped by American soldiers. I realized that I too held the delusion that we were the 'good guys' and we're not. America has interfered with multiple countries. It showed me how there were ideas I held that were erroneous. It would seem that America is going to play into the end times somehow. But we're not this benevolent country that we've been misled to believe. America has unclean hands. I'm waiting for God's judgment to fall like it did on Sodom and Gomorrah. Why it hasn't already I don't know. I think it's bearing down on us.

NEW WORLD ORDER SURVEILLANCE STATE: BUILDING THE ALL-SEEING EYE

New World Order Surveillance State: Building The All-Seeing Eye

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Brakelight
How important to you is truth?
'It is the spirit that quickeneth;
the flesh profiteth nothing:
the words that I speak unto you,
they are spirit, and they are life.'

(John 6:63)

Hello @brakelite,

Thank you for your OP.
God's Word is Truth. It is by the Truth of the gospel of God concerning His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, that we are saved. Praise God!

As a young child of twelve years, I heard and believed that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that included me. I heard that the wages of sin is death, but that God had provided the means whereby I could be saved, and receive His gift of eternal life. I heard that the Lord Jesus Christ had died for me, taking the penalty of my sin upon Himself, by dying in my place: thus enabling me to be forgiven for all my sin, and receive the gift of eternal life, by believing on His Name. Wondrous Truth!

Within recent weeks a continuing thought for me has been the entrance of God's Word, which brings light and life. The Lord Jesus Christ said to His disciples, '... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.' He was going back to the Father, but His Word would abide in them, and the Holy Spirit would bring to their remembrance all that He had spoken to them. Therefore it is so important that we allow the Word of God to dwell in us richly: for it is the Holy Spirit's sword, Who takes of the things of Christ and makes them ours.

In answer to your query, Brakelight. I do have a love of the truth as contained in God's Word: and I am saddened by the words of well intentioned preachers and teachers, who themselves have been taught by equally well intentioned men; who have imbibed the doctrines taught to them in their colleges, which are the product of traditionally held belief, and not on the Word of God. Who stand upon the creeds they have adopted, and preach with all sincerity doctrines which do despite to the truth as contained in God's Word.

Yet it is to ourselves that we should look, for while we may see a 'splinter' in another's eye, we may be allowing a 'plank' to remain in our own; which prevents God's light from penetrating and revealing the discrepancies in our own understanding. Only God's Word itself, can remove these 'planks', in the hands of the Holy Spirit, as we prayerfully read it for ourselves, and rightly divide it, that we may know what God's will is for us in this dispensation of grace.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Hello @brakelite,

Thank you for your OP.
God's Word is Truth. It is by the Truth of the gospel of God concerning His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, that we are saved. Praise God!

As a young child of twelve years, I heard and believed that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that included me. I heard that the wages of sin is death, but that God had provided the means whereby I could be saved, and receive His gift of eternal life. I heard that the Lord Jesus Christ had died for me, taking the penalty of my sin upon Himself, by dying in my place: thus enabling me to be forgiven for all my sin, and receive the gift of eternal life, by believing on His Name. Wondrous Truth!

Within recent weeks a continuing thought for me has been the entrance of God's Word, which brings light and life. The Lord Jesus Christ said to His disciples, '... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.' He was going back to the Father, but His Word would abide in them, and the Holy Spirit would bring to their remembrance all that He had spoken to them. Therefore it is so important that we allow the Word of God to dwell in us richly: for it is the Holy Spirit's sword, Who takes of the things of Christ and makes them ours.

In answer to your query, Brakelight. I do have a love of the truth as contained in God's Word: and I am saddened by the words of well intentioned preachers and teachers, who themselves have been taught by equally well intentioned men; who have imbibed the doctrines taught to them in their colleges, which are the product of traditionally held belief, and not on the Word of God. Who stand upon the creeds they have adopted, and preach with all sincerity doctrines which do despite to the truth as contained in God's Word.

Yet it is to ourselves that we should look, for while we may see a 'splinter' in another's eye, we may be allowing a 'plank' to remain in our own; which prevents God's light from penetrating and revealing the discrepancies in our own understanding. Only God's Word itself, can remove these 'planks', in the hands of the Holy Spirit, as we prayerfully read it for ourselves, and rightly divide it, that we may know what God's will is for us in this dispensation of grace.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thankyou for your testimony...and I couldn't agree with you more on the importance of God's word, for "the entrance of my word giveth Light"...it is the word of God...the Spirit of the Son of God abiding in us by which we gain our sustenance in all things pertaining to life and godliness...the divine nature within us, as you said, Christ, the hope of glory.
Here is how I met my Saviour… From Blindness to Freedom to Hope.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @brakelite,

Thank you for your OP.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
When there’s no more wood then there’s no fire.