How Important Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people are stupid sheep who love sin and hate truth and are easily swept along

Not stupid sheep...blind, deceived, searching but don’t know what for. We have all been there, haven’t we? And yes, in pain someone comes along feeding garbage and those starved eat it up believing it to be the real thing. Not stupid... hungry.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard that called "greasy grace" or "license to sin". For the life of me, I cannot understand this kind of self delusion.

I have heard some men proclaim, Receiving of the Holy Spirit is "receiving of a License to Sin".

However, I believe SIN, is Against God, for mans Disbelief in God.

Me choosing to BELIEVE...resulted in...

God FORGAVE me of my Disbelief, and God GAVE me His Holy Spirit, (His POWER) to forever KEEP my BELIEF IN Him.

Thus my relationship with God is a DONE DEAL. 24-7 He is with me.

However my relationship with ALL people is always a work in progress, whether it be a long term relationship or a new acquaintance.

The Lord has placed no requirement upon me to Believe In People, but rather to foster a relationship with people that is glorifying to God.

It is a relationship BETWEEN people that is challenging....
Can be frustrating...
Can be irritating...
Can be hurtful...
Can be joyful...

And can at times be the CAUSE of
"TRESPASSES".

TRESPASSES between men IS NOT SIN.

Men can FORGIVE Trespasses of other men, and are taught via Scripture that Forgiving another man of a Trespass, is glorifying and pleasing to God.

I would say, pretty much ALL "supposed" accusations of "SIN", hinges on this "supposed" SIN, in fact being a TRESPASS between men.

Men are human. The moment they were naturally born, they received a Certificate of birth. They didn't receive a License TO SIN, they WERE Sin.

The moment they are BORN AGAIN, they received the SEED, the WORD and POWER of God.

They didn't receive a License to Sin, they received the POWER of God, to establish and foster loving relationships with other people.

And it is not exactly news, Trespasses between men occur on a regular basis.
It is how one handles it, is what men learn by and through the Lords teaching.....and putting those teachings to use is a challange that requires constant awareness and effort.

Receiving Forgiveness, Salvation and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit....

A

License to Sin...no.

Remains a Human that trespasses against men...yes.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am teh way the truth and the life says teh Lord no man shall go to heaven except by ME
sorry mjr, wadr that is another misquote. We do have Scripture on the matter, but I guess you prolly aren't going to like it much, No one has ever gone up to heaven... and some similar stuff in that vein, you and your sons will be here with me is likely pertinent, There is only One Immortal, and You are not Him, stuff like that
do you know another way?
I tell you that many who believe completely differently from you or me will recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom, mjr. Samaritans, even Roman Centurions. But wadr they will not be discrediting Scripture or deeming it a lie I don't think, even if I understand the reaction. The Book even says that It was written so as to hide wisdom from the wise, right

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marshall Applewhite and his "Heaven's Gate" cult, Reverend Moon and his Moonies, Charles Manson and "the family", etc. - all victims of satanic deception. The largest satanic sex cult in all the world is headquartered right there in Rome, Italy.
Do you mean the Vatican? I'd heard all the "elite" politicians are into that sickness. Clinton is supposed to be a practicing witch, there was a big scandal when Reagan was President, and all the Presidents who went to Bohemian Grove were into weird stuff. I read that they caught hundreds of people who work at the Pentagon downloaded sick stuff on government computers.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard some men proclaim, Receiving of the Holy Spirit is "receiving of a License to Sin".

However, I believe SIN, is Against God, for mans Disbelief in God.

Me choosing to BELIEVE...resulted in...

God FORGAVE me of my Disbelief, and God GAVE me His Holy Spirit, (His POWER) to forever KEEP my BELIEF IN Him.

Thus my relationship with God is a DONE DEAL. 24-7 He is with me.

However my relationship with ALL people is always a work in progress, whether it be a long term relationship or a new acquaintance.

The Lord has placed no requirement upon me to Believe In People, but rather to foster a relationship with people that is glorifying to God.

It is a relationship BETWEEN people that is challenging....
Can be frustrating...
Can be irritating...
Can be hurtful...
Can be joyful...

And can at times be the CAUSE of
"TRESPASSES".

TRESPASSES between men IS NOT SIN.

Men can FORGIVE Trespasses of other men, and are taught via Scripture that Forgiving another man of a Trespass, is glorifying and pleasing to God.

I would say, pretty much ALL "supposed" accusations of "SIN", hinges on this "supposed" SIN, in fact being a TRESPASS between men.

Men are human. The moment they were naturally born, they received a Certificate of birth. They didn't receive a License TO SIN, they WERE Sin.

The moment they are BORN AGAIN, they received the SEED, the WORD and POWER of God.

They didn't receive a License to Sin, they received the POWER of God, to establish and foster loving relationships with other people.

And it is not exactly news, Trespasses between men occur on a regular basis.
It is how one handles it, is what men learn by and through the Lords teaching.....and putting those teachings to use is a challange that requires constant awareness and effort.

Receiving Forgiveness, Salvation and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit....

A

License to Sin...no.

Remains a Human that trespasses against men...yes.

God Bless,
Taken

"I have heard some men proclaim, Receiving of the Holy Spirit is "receiving of a License to Sin".
Now, that makes not a bit of sense, seems blasphemous even.

Reactions: Acolyte and Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law is always of works it is not of faith...
and what are the works of faith?.... bearing false witness, adultery, stealing, covering, sabbath forgetfulness, having other Gods, coveting etc....are these the works that you uphold and promote under faith? and if not, could you please list them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not stupid sheep...blind, deceived, searching but don’t know what for. We have all been there, haven’t we? And yes, in pain someone comes along feeding garbage and those starved eat it up believing it to be the real thing. Not stupid... hungry.
For centuries, the papal church hid away the Bible from the people, and they were involuntarily made to be blind and deceived, which is tragic.

Today, when Bibles are literally everywhere - homes, libraries, stores, smart phones, and even at 35,000 feet if you have a mind to feast on the Word of God instead of an in-flight magazine - the epidemic of Biblical ignorance has but one cause: people who stupidly refuse to hear, accept, and love the truth, that they might be saved, preferring to have their itchy ears scratched by the many false prophets who fill pulpits all across the fruited plane.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean the Vatican? I'd heard all the "elite" politicians are into that sickness. Clinton is supposed to be a practicing witch, there was a big scandal when Reagan was President, and all the Presidents who went to Bohemian Grove were into weird stuff. I read that they caught hundreds of people who work at the Pentagon downloaded sick stuff on government computers.
As Christians, we want to see the best in others and love them as Jesus does, which is our highest ambition, but it often leads us to blind ourselves to the evil that exists in people.

We don't want to believe that many of our leaders who go before media cameras dressed in suits and ties and smiles commit the most horrific crimes in their service to Satan...we insist that they would never do anything to harm us...that their foreign policy practices are not directly responsible for untold suffering of nations for the sole purpose of profit for the U.S. Military Industrial Complex and globalist elites striving to set up the NWO...that Orwellian type invasions of our privacy are not so much for the purpose of "the war on terror" as they are for setting the stage for the fast approaching police state that will be used to usher in the final events of Bible prophecy.

Reactions: Acolyte
B

brakelite

20 years ago an uncle and aunty of mine came to stay with us for a while.
The aunty and uncle I speak of are in reality my wife's. The uncle was her father's brother. I first met him 45 years ago in relation to my work. We would chat many times on spiritual matters when our paths crossed. I was working for an oil company, he drove trains. He would bring tankers into the siding and I would fill them. We would talk while waiting for the tanker to fill.
Then one day I met my future wife. She wanted to introduce me to her late father's brother. I was very nervous. You can imagine the surprise when he opened the door to welcome his favourite niece and her fiancée! God is exceptionally good. We got on like a house on fire...hence his visit to our place knowing he was dying. He was Mormon. Yet I have a hope that perhaps, after all our history together over 20 years, his hunger for truth and interest in spiritual matters gained him sufficient insight to his acceptance of our Saviour before he died.
The point being God places in our way people and circumstances that we ought never ignore. People sitting next to us on 3 hour flights to wherever...taxi drivers, who are always willing to talk....neighbors at the local street barbecue...a parent at the local park while you are there watching your own...there are always opportunities and we may never know the huge impact a kind word, a gentle loving witness, may bring to the glory of God.

Imagine my uncles reaction to our introduction had I never bothered to offer him a friendly chat, a loving witness, but instead a grumpy selfish bore and obnoxious worker.

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians, we want to see the best in others and love them as Jesus does, which is our highest ambition, but it often leads us to blind ourselves to the evil that exists in people.

We don't want to believe that many of our leaders who go before media cameras dressed in suits and ties and smiles commit the most horrific crimes in their service to Satan...we insist that they would never do anything to harm us...that their foreign policy practices are not directly responsible for untold suffering of nations for the sole purpose of profit for the U.S. Military Industrial Complex and globalist elites striving to set up the NWO...that Orwellian type invasions of our privacy are not so much for the purpose of "the war on terror" as they are for setting the stage for the fast approaching police state that will be used to usher in the final events of Bible prophecy.
I know what you mean. I tried telling people at bible study that they were Luciferians and one pastor told me I'd better watch what I read on the internet. I was humiliated and felt foolish until I got home and re-read some of the information that convinced me it was true. I spoke with someone who knows it's true and he told me not to get discouraged because a lot of Christians were in the dark about it. It is hard to believe, in the cold light of day, that those people who go before cameras with their suits and ties could commit unspeakable acts - I think we hope against hope that they're legitimate.

I was reading an article about how legislators are lying about them "doing all they can" about illegal drugs. They said that the opioid epidemic struck as soon as Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. The DEA knew that the cartels were packing illegal drugs among the manufactured goods where they were trucked into the heart of America. How abjectly evil must someone be to allow all those drugs to flood into every community and force the DEA to remain quiet? I don't think it's an accident, I think it's part of the depopulation agenda.

Look at what they're doing to the elderly with infirmities: denying them access to pain relief. Trump even ordered that less opiates be manufactured. You'd best hope that you don't get rushed to a hospital that has a shortage of painkillers after you've been in an auto accident. I'm telling you it's bad. I belong to a chronic pain group, and people all over the country are being hurt by the CDC guidelines. A number of vets have committed suicide, as well as others. Their doctors were afraid of the CDC and DEA so they cut the patient off. People with severe pain issues - such as vets having phantom limb pain, were left to suffer. A few committed suicide in the parking lot of the VA. It's insane. People who don't have an infirmity -yet- don't know this is going on. Wait until you have dental surgery done and the dentist gives you nothing for the pain. Wait until you undergo surgery and are given an ice pack or a few Norco. But you'd better believe that politicians aren't denied. There is something seriously wrong and patients are among the first to feel it. Our government is not supposed to be this strong. Our constitution is gone. Those who don't see it are among those enabling our government to become a government of wolves.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The aunty and uncle I speak of are in reality my wife's. The uncle was her father's brother. I first met him 45 years ago in relation to my work. We would chat many times on spiritual matters when our paths crossed. I was working for an oil company, he drove trains. He would bring tankers into the siding and I would fill them. We would talk while waiting for the tanker to fill.
Then one day I met my future wife. She wanted to introduce me to her late father's brother. I was very nervous. You can imagine the surprise when he opened the door to welcome his favourite niece and her fiancée! God is exceptionally good. We got on like a house on fire...hence his visit to our place knowing he was dying. He was Mormon. Yet I have a hope that perhaps, after all our history together over 20 years, his hunger for truth and interest in spiritual matters gained him sufficient insight to his acceptance of our Saviour before he died.
The point being God places in our way people and circumstances that we ought never ignore. People sitting next to us on 3 hour flights to wherever...taxi drivers, who are always willing to talk....neighbors at the local street barbecue...a parent at the local park while you are there watching your own...there are always opportunities and we may never know the huge impact a kind word, a gentle loving witness, may bring to the glory of God.

Imagine my uncles reaction to our introduction had I never bothered to offer him a friendly chat, a loving witness, but instead a grumpy selfish bore and obnoxious worker.
I remember Corrie Ten Boom said "our enemies are the unpaid guardians of our souls" so maybe we can keep that in mind when someone tells us something that God can use for our good; or they could just be evil and hate the light that is in you, in which case I don't think Ms. Ten Boom's observance applies.

I think it's a shame how many charlatans are on TV now, representing "Christ" - but they aren't, they're serving mammon. I was so mixed up when I searched for God - I feel sorry for new believers today who don't know any Christians. My husband & I were first generational Christians and we knew nothing and were misled. What a hard hard path to try to get to what was real.

B

brakelite

I remember Corrie Ten Boom said "our enemies are the unpaid guardians of our souls" so maybe we can keep that in mind when someone tells us something that God can use for our good; or they could just be evil and hate the light that is in you, in which case I don't think Ms. Ten Boom's observance applies.

I think it's a shame how many charlatans are on TV now, representing "Christ" - but they aren't, they're serving mammon. I was so mixed up when I searched for God - I feel sorry for new believers today who don't know any Christians. My husband & I were first generational Christians and we knew nothing and were misled. What a hard hard path to try to get to what was real.
One of my favourite promises in scripture is Roman 8:28. We sometimes forget that we are placed in certain positions at times...or with certain people...not that others may benefit from our massive stores of wisdom and insight ...but rather simply that we may be saved. A sobering thought, especially in light of such people as Judas. He thought he was the bee's knees...wise in the ways of the world, an intellectual maybe compared with the other more humble tradesmen around him, believing perhaps all could benefit from His great intellect and skills...little realising that the only reason Jesus placed him in the position of trust and closeness to the source of Truth, was that he might be saved.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I have heard some men proclaim, Receiving of the Holy Spirit is "receiving of a License to Sin".
Now, that makes not a bit of sense, seems blasphemous even.

Well...historically speaking, WHAT church "credits themselves" as being the OLDEST Christian Church? Roman Catholic

Then a group, breaking off from the Roman Catholics....ie the Roman Catholics who protested some of their teachings...thus they being called Protestants.

Of the Protestants...some kept some Roman Catholic teachings...some broke off more...and more....creating Numerous different Denominations.

Basically they KEEPING...Belief in the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit....but holding differences In what Scripturally Applies and what is fulfilled and no longer Applies.

Of the Roman Catholics..some kept the teachings of the Roman Catholics...some broke off....dropping the Roman Title...and keeping the Catholic Title...and while they will Broadly maintain the Catholic Title ... each individual church leader have leeway in certain matters pertaining to their individual church.

Broadly it appears ALL Catholic churches and most Protestant churches....MAINTAIN in their own Doctrines and Teaching....
THAT
which "was TAUGHT" TO the Hebrews, TO the Jews, "under the OLD Covenant"...

Which is to say....
1) THEY WILL Proclaim, the LAW WAS FULFILLED...and "THEY ARE" UNDER GRACE..

AND AT THE SAME TIME...

2) PROCLAIM, men "forgiven" and "under Gods Grace" and "with the Holy Spirit "IN" them"......CONTINUE TO SIN...and THUS MUST...CONTINUALLY KEEP A Mediator, and Continually ASK the Lord FOR FORGIVENESS.

So the QUESTION IS...What are these "SINS" they are SUPPOSEDLY COMMITTING?

THEY ARE WHAT "WERE" SINS TO AN OT, HEBREW and A NT, JEWISH MAN....(according to Mosaic/Jewish LAW......)
of such men "WHO", had NOT "RECEIVED" the HOLY SPIRIT.

OT men had NOT been "introduced" to Gods Word, being NAMED JESUS, for them to be accountable TO BELIEVE IN HIM.

Every Rejection of an OT man, NOT following Gods Word / IN the LAW;
..between the individual man and God....
"AND"
..between the individual man and man...
"AND"
..between the individual man and animals....
"AND"
...the individual man KEEPING
...Traditions, Customs, Festivals, etc.

ACCORDING TO "THEIR" LAW....
Was a SIN,
..accounted unto the INDIVIDUAL MAN.

The Roman Catholics Continue TO TEACH...(NOT FOLLOWING Gods LAW, concerning BEHAVIOR BETWEEN MEN IS A SIN)

The Catholics WHO broke off from the Roman Catholics and Many Protestant churches WHO Broke off from the Roman Catholics and Many Protestants churches who broke off from the first Protesters of the Roman Catholic church......
CONTINUE
TEACHING and PREACHING...
Inanutshell...

The Lords FORGIVENESS FAILED...
....but not in those words...more to the effect of .... His Forgiveness was ONLY for PAST SINS....and the man WITH THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....simply TRIES really hard to not make a "HABIT" of SINNING!

And I have YET to have ONE PERSON, who preaches THAT...."WHAT" the HOLY SPIRIT, WHO "IS" Supreme Power.....

IS DOING WITHIN a Person....WHILE "they" ARE "supposedly" COMMITTING SIN!

Is the Holy Spirit taking a nap or something, that HIS POWER IS MOOT and BEING SUBJECTED TO 'the mans' COMMISSION OF SIN?

^ THAT on it's face is Ridiculous.

The Law was Fulfilled. There is NO SUCH THING as a MAN "committing" SIN against ANYTHING.......BUT GOD.

And the SIN of a NATURAL MAN AGAINST GOD, BEGINS at the mans Natural Birth..

And Continues, UNTIL SUCH TIME...

The man HEARS of God AND Christ Jesus and Believes in God AND Christ Jesus.

Under Hebrew/Jewish LAW....MEN CAN and DO SIN against men.

Under Christ Jesus' TEACHING...Men ARE FORGIVEN...for their "SIN" of DISBELIEF IN GOD, IN Christ Jesus.....ie THEIR SIN AGAINST GOD.

And BY THE POWER of the Holy Spirit WITHIN that man....FOREVER the POWER of the Holy Spirit WILL KEEP that man IN BELIEF and FAITHFULNESS TO GOD and CHRIST JESUS ... THAT that man, CAN SIN NO MORE....
Ie....NEVER AGAIN..."not believe" in God, in Christ Jesus.

That mans PAST "darkness" of his SIN, is eternally COVERED, by the LIGHT of Gods SPIRIT.

And whether a man KNOWS God IS LIGHT, or via Physics.....Darkness IS OVERCOME BY LIGHT....and the Darkness NO LONGER visible....and WHY Scripture teaches, a man WHO HAS OVERCOME....IS A MAN who HAS submitted himself to Lord, His Power, TO KEEP that man FREED from SIN, FREED from ever again STANDING (sinning) AGAINST GOD....and the Grace of Gods Forgiveness is Forever....and the Light of Gods Glory covering the Darkness....(the mans SIN,) is remembered NO MORE.

(Unless you are Catholic or one of the many Protestant churches that FALSELY preach and teach...
Gods Forgiveness is CONDITIONAL..
Gods Internal Power is SUBJECTED to a man who CONTINUES to SIN...
Gods Internal Power is not SO Powerful it can KEEP a man FROM SINNING.
And that...Men CAN SIN AGAINST MEN.)

Scripture Never taught me, TO BELIEVE IN MEN....but DID teach me, to not believe in God and Christ Jesus....is a man AGAINST GOD.

I know this seems LONG...but really it is only brief....touching briefly on only one highlight.

SIN is AGAINST God, for disbelief in Him, in Christ Jesus. And ONLY God can Forgive SIN.

Pss.51
[1] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
[2] Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
[3] For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
[4] Against thee, thee only, have I sinned..

Dan 9
[9] To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him..

Mark 2
[7]who can forgive sins but God only?

Matt 12
[30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Gal 2
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom.6
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin,because he is born of God.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

I recently watched the movie "Come Sunday" about the well known Pentecostal preacher, Carlton Pearson. Before the movie, I had never heard of him. But in his hay-day he was influential in bringing others to the forefront of the charismatic movement, such as TD Jakes and that ghastly woman, Joyce Meyer. I can sympathise with his dilemma as he struggled with the concept of hell, and the seeming contradiction between a "loving God" and eternal torment for people whose only claim to fame, was their ignorance regarding the gospel. Young children, knowing no better, consigned to an eternity in hell because they didn't even know about that favourite catch all phrase that saves good Pentecostal folk..."confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe He was raised from the dead".
When witnessing that Rwanda genocide, I can empathise with his questioning of the traditional teachings regarding hell and eternal torment. He had great courage in making a stand for what he believed God was revealing to him. I may not agree with his conclusion reaching as far as UR, but I can certainly stand with his courage, his honest convictions, and his willingness to follow his conscience. Such as one as he, who was willing to stand for what light he had received and willing to stand by it though the heavens fall, was not an act of heresy.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim Jones was so charismatic. Most people are stupid sheep who love sin and hate truth and are easily swept along with the tide of charisma, no matter if it's outwardly satanic or wrapped in a garb of false Christianity.
They do these things in ignorance and unbelief. There’s hope

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, this world is deteriorating at warp speed

Reactions: Taken
B

brakelite

Then a group, breaking off from the Roman Catholics....ie the Roman Catholics who protested some of their teachings...thus they being called Protestants.
Let us not be fooled into the Catholic line of reasoning that purports to recount history as anyone who was different from Catholicism, was outside of "truth". Remember, the victors always write the history. Catholicism, through war, persecution, and the armed might of the civil authority, trampled their way to the top of the woodpile like a he goat in rutting season, and attacked anyone or anything who rejected their authority.
There were, before and after the Papacy established itself in the 6th century, in Britain, Italy, France, Africa, and all countries from the middle east to China, churches, even nations, that worshiped God and believed in the sacrifice of His only Son. The only reason Rome became the center of European Christianity, was its political adulterous relationships with the kings of the earth, beginning with such as Clovis, Charlemagne, and continues today with all recent Presidents such as Reagan, Bush, Ford, Clinton, and now Trump, along with the European leaders such as Angela Merkel.
Protestants today are hopelessly ignorant of history, and have no idea of the wonderful exploits of Christians throughout the ages who stood for truth and the right of a free conscience. The story of such as the Waldenses, twisted beyond recognition by Papal historical revisionists, were absolute heroes and if there was a Bible to be written that included a chapter on peoples of faith since the book of Acts, the Waldenses, the Celtic church in Britain, and the Assyrian church of the east would be front and center in a modern equivalent of Hebrews 11.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For centuries, the papal church hid away the Bible from the people, and they were involuntarily made to be blind and deceived, which is tragic.

Sort of an incomplete truth.

The first Written accounts were for the elect of God, written by the elect of God. And yes their Scripts were Keep in the Temple, and at times Hidden from men who would attempt Destruction of the Scripts.
The Reading of the Scripts was AT the Temple, and BY a few WHO Could read.

Moving into the Church age...
Copies of the Scripture were few and Copied and distributed as churches were established.
Again the Scripts were kept in the Churches and Read in the Churches by men, WHO could read.

Historically Scripts were painstakingly HAND copied and Distributed.

Moving along in Time...Printing Presses were invented and along with other Literature and Sceince Books and such....some men took it upon themselves to PRINT via Printing presses, Sacred Scripts of the Hebrews, and the Scripts written by Jewish Scribes.

Still with the Printing presses, the work was tedious, expensive, and Limited in Copies, and mainly distributed to Churches, and again read IN Churches, by men who could read.

Moving along in to more modern times...
Considering...three factors..
1) the limited number of expensive Bibles being published.
2) who could afford to buy a Bible, let alone afford to buy ANY books
3) who could read

Moving along in time...
Thousands of BUILDINGS established in communities...BY People who lived in those communities.
The Buildings, the Books, the Teachers...
...PAID for by a community effort of the People.
The Buildings, the Books, the Teachers...
...were two fold...
...education in Reading, Writing, Math
...education in Scriptures

SOME took advantage of the education Opportunities... IN
Reading, writing, Math, Scripture...
SOME Didn't.

Moving along in Time...
Government took over the secular education, and separate Buildings...excluded Scriptural teaching.

Scriptural teaching gathered in separate buildings....excluded Secular teaching.

THE PEOPLE...retained their freewill to CHOOSE to take advantage of attending EITHER teaching....and THAT remains the same TODAY.

And not to FORGET...an organization established in 1908, that started by an IDEA of TWO men, who met by chance in 1898.....Who since 1908 have given away almost TWO BILLION Bibles. (Ie Gideon's)

Today, when Bibles are literally everywhere -

Yes, there thousands of Bibles printed and electronically available.
And yes Literacy has improved, (not erraticated)...BUT the fact still Hinges on...an individuals freewill, to take advantage of the opportunity to HEAR or READ the Bible.

THE Tragedy is not in one attempting to teach....but rather one have the opportunity and FREELY choosing to Reject taking advantage Of the opportunity.

And like you said....Bibles are EVERYWHERE..
And Scripture says...there will be NO EXCUSES on judgement day.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him
D

Dave L

We are not big enough to know truth. Only God knows truth and those to whom he reveals it. Many read scripture and know what it says, but they don't know what it means unless God reveals it to them. God had to reveal Jesus to Peter when he stood right in front of the Pharisees who worshiped his name, but not the substance in the name.

B

brakelite

and what are the works of faith?.... bearing false witness, adultery, stealing, covering, sabbath forgetfulness, having other Gods, coveting etc....are these the works that you uphold and promote under faith? and if not, could you please list them.
The works of the flesh are clearly and succinctly listed....
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, (7th commandment)
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, (1 st and 2nd commandment) hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, (6th commandment) heresies, (all of them)
21 Envyings, (9th and 10th commandments) murders, drunkenness, (6th commandment) revellings, (possibly all of them) and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God....

My goodness. I cannot see commandment keeping on that list...but a lot of commandment breaking...interesting that Paul said that he has told people repeatedly and warned them time and time again against sin...today when we do that we are informed that there is no sin...there is no law...Christians cannot sin...we are not under the law...every lame feeble rebellious excuse under the sun;

then in the next verse I see the fruit of the Spirit....
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

It is those fruits of righteousness (see Phil. 1:11) that the law cannot speak against...against which there is no condemnation...not because the law has been cast aside.