How long does Salvation last ....and why.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There is no getting God out of you, as "Christ in you" is an eternal SALVATION...and we are "ONE with God and Christ".. for as long as God LIVES, if we are born again.
We are...the born again.....and that makes us this..>"as CHRIST IS....So ARE the BORN AGAIN in this world"''......at all times..

When we are born again, we are born again by "incorruptible seed" that REMAINS as our Born Again "new Creation in Christ". 1 John 3:9
So, that part, (the real US) is the born again Spirit that has been BORN AGAIN = Into God's Spirit by God's Holy Spirit.
Thats the REAL YOU, that is the Son/Daughter of GOD.... and that is the only YOU that God will ever see or perceive you to be, today, tomorrow, and forever.
The born again exist as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
HE does not see your faults or your little secret sins or your doubt, as you seem them.
He only sees you as : "The righteousness of God...in Christ". "BORN AGAIN" a Son/Daughter of God.
And when you have that same mind, when we SEE ourselves as God always sees us....then you are walking in the Spirit in a "renewed" mind
How is it that @Ferris Bueller call you out and you have a problem with me confessing my sins?

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long? Faithful unto death. Rev 2:10

"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

Also, read the warning to the newly converted Jews in the Hebrew letter and the danger of falling away. You can lose your salvation.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you claim that a 'born again' person can purposely sin...
Ferris,

No one says or believes that ("a 'born again' person can purposely sin"). Why then do you make such a big deal of it?

To the contrary, what is said, is that "It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me", that "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."...in spite of what one thinks they see.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How is it that @Ferris Bueller call you out and you have a problem with me confessing my sins?

FerrisBuller believes that Jesus can't keep him saved.

When you dont believe that Jesus , the blood of Jesus, the Cross of Christ is able to keep you saved, then you believe you have more power to lose salvation then God's Son's Sacrifice has power to keep you saved.
The verse says..>"where sin abound's GRACE more abounds"...
Grace is greater then the law, greater than sin. How do you know? Because the blood of Jesus paid for the world's sin, for the last 2000 yrs.
So its SELF RIGHTEOUS PRIDE.... in charge of your mind, that refuses to accept that truth, and Ferris would not BELIEVE it.

Philippians 1:6 says that God starts your Salvation and completes it.

People who dont understand that Cross and why Jesus said..>"It is finished", dont believe that God finishes their Salvation.

FerrisBueller, believes that Salvation is started by Jesus, but finished by his self effort.
Paul teaches that this is to become "fallen from Grace".
JUDE says that FerrisBueller, is committing the "error of Cain"., as do all who are trying to stay saved, and do not Trust Christ to keep them saved.
So, FB has a broken faith issue regarding understanding the Cross, therefore, he has and still does have... an obsession against me teaching the Cross as God's Salvation and not works, and self effort.
I've met hundreds like Ferris, in this world, in life and on forums. = Pastors, commentary writers, people who make "christian videos"... even Hollywood actors..
They are all misled into deception by commentaries or by people who are mislead by commentaries, or by their Cult.

Ferris, like a lot of legalists, only has faith in faith, and not faith in Christ to keep him saved.
See, all deceived believers believe that Salvation can be lost, and to believe that..... means your faith in Christ is broken.
Ferris believes that holding unto faith, is how you make sure you go to heaven.
He will never understand that God holding unto Him, with and through the blood of Jesus and that Cross of Christ is why he can't go to Hell.

I probably spent more time on this forum, trying to help him, then i spent with anyone else.
His entire theology of faith is one verse that he can't understand, that he would post like a robot., over and over.
I could explain it for him, from many angles, using the Cross, Paul, John, Titus, common sense, and he would just repost his one verse.
This was months.... months.

Regarding you Johann..

Confessing sin does one thing for you. It can allow you to feel better.
Its a guilt trip relief... Its a way to perform a psychological ritual on yourself, again and again.... so that you can ease your conscience.
That is all it does...
See, God's Son has already dealt with all your sin.. 2000 years ago = by His "one time eternal sacrifice for sin">.... He does not die again for it, and so, that would be necessary for Him to forgive it again, if confessing sin was necessary.

I have written a lot of Threads related to the "sinning and confessing issue", and the reason a person is doing this is because they do not understand salvation and what Jesus has FINISHED 2000 yrs ago.... and are not in the renewed mind.
Its their mind of the flesh that is active, that is causing the wrong faith issue.

Let me show you.

1.) Christ became your sin
2.) Your adamic nature, (old man) is "crucified with Christ".
3.) Your body is dead because of Sin.

So, what is left? What is LEFT?........ As what is left is the REAL YOU = that God sees.
He does not see the real you as the old man who is crucified with Christ.. And God does not see your body as the real you. as you get a new one of those.. So, all that is left is your MIND, and your Born again Spirit. And your Born again Spirit is "made righteous", "one with God"..
And That is ALL God sees when He looks at you...>He sees the "SON of God"......Who is 'in Christ".
You see, "im sinning", and that is the mind of the flesh.
God does not see that as the real you, and Paul told you to get out of that mind and renew it.
You haven't yet., so you are stuck in .....>"that which i would do i can't and that which i hate, i do".
And once your mind of faith is right, you'll be like Paul who said later......>"Christ always gives me the Victory". over the flesh, the world, and the devil'
So, your issue will fade away once you begin to see yourself ONLY as God sees you., as that is the renewed mind.
You'll lose your sin consciousness......it'll fade, weaken, and become "meh"....nothing.

At some point, read Romans 4:8, that says that God does not charge the born again with sin, and ask yourself...."then why am i confessing it".

A.) You were taught by people like NetChaplin, that you are supposed to do it.

Then read, 2 Corinthians 5:19, that says that Sin is redeemed....... and then ask yourself, .. "why do i think mine isn't"."..

A.) "working out your salvation", is to understand that all that is OVER, because of the Cross of Christ. and you are now the NEW CREATiON and God only sees you as that SON of God. = "made righteous".. having become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

When you get that RENEWED mind, you will find your deliverance.
Not until.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its called ETERNAL life for a reason.

John said we can KNOW we have it

If you do not know you have it. You need to ask yourself why.. what are you missing that is keeping you from having eternal life right here and right now.

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Satan works hard to keep people confused..
He has a lot of helpers.

How do you recognize the helpers vs the helpless whom they have faith corrupted. ?

The Helpers teach the helpless that they can lose their Salvation, which causes them to try to save themselves by works, commandments,= self righteousness. = "fallen from Grace"..
Heretics sell self righteousness, in place of God's Grace. Their Gospel is.... The Gospel of works.

= "here is what you have to DO , now that i have convinced you that Jesus can't keep you saved".

Its a long list.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has a lot of helpers.

How do you recognize the helpers vs the helpless whom they have faith corrupted. ?

The Helpers teach the helpless that they can lose their Salvation, which causes them to try to save themselves by works, commandments,= self righteousness. = "fallen from Grace"..
Heretics sell self righteousness, in place of God's Grace. Their Gospel is.... The Gospel of works.

= "here is what you have to DO , now that i have convinced you that Jesus can't keep you saved".
God did say he would leave the wheat and the chaff together. And he would seperate them in the end

Religion is satans greatest lie. And so easy to decieve people. Because human nature resists being given things for free. Especially when they do nto think they earn it. Pride says I have to pay my own way

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God did say he would leave the wheat and the chaff together. And he would seperate them in the end

Religion is satans greatest lie. And so easy to decieve people. Because human nature resists being given things for free. Especially when they do nto think they earn it. Pride says I have to pay my own way

Pride wants to make "self" right with God.

Self Righteousness, is....trying to make Your SELF...right with God.

To "fall from Grace"....means. you stopped trusting that Christ has made you Right with God and now you have SELF trying to do it.
That is broken faith.
That is Legalism.
That is the gospel the heretics sell on forums, from pulpits, and its the one that leads you into bitterness and burn out.

See, trying to do for yourself, what God though Christ can only do for you, is the "gospel" that heretics sell. And that Gospel is a soul crushing slow torture that can last a lifetime, causes mental illness, and ruins the walk of faith for millions and millions of Christians.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride wants to make "self" right with God.

Self Righteousness, is....trying to make Your SELF...right with God.

To "fall from Grace"....means. you stopped trusting that Christ has made you Right with God and now you have SELF trying to do it.
That is broken faith.
That is Legalism.
That is the gospel the heretics sell on forums, from pulpits, and its the one that leads you into bitterness and burn out.

See, trying to do for yourself, what God though Christ can only do for you, is the "gospel" that heretics sell. And that Gospel is a soul crushing slow torture that can last a lifetime, causes mental illness, and ruins the walk of faith for millions and millions of Christians.
sadly, we can't remove them from the forums any more than we can remove them from the world. We need to pray for them, and help other see the futility in their gospel. so they do not get entangled in the yoke of legalism.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
sadly, we can't remove them from the forums any more than we can remove them from the world. We need to pray for them, and help other see the futility in their gospel. so they do not get entangled in the yoke of legalism.
If they can be "removed" from the Forums, how many, do you think, WILL BE on this Forum?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its called ETERNAL life for a reason.

John said we can KNOW we have it

If you do not know you have it. You need to ask yourself why.. what are you missing that is keeping you from having eternal life right here and right now.
Salvation is not probation.
Eternal life is not temporary life.
Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not probation.
Eternal life is not temporary life.
Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door.
people forget, the conditional covenant is null and void. it could not save anyone

we needed an unconditional covenant. because we can not meet Gods standard..