How Many Christians Think We Will Find Terra Firma in Heaven after we Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply
"On earth as it is in heaven". How do you know the third heaven, where God resides means Paradise? It is mostly talking about a "garden".

"The Kingdom of God is within you"

John wasn't dead yet so, it was not his "final destination". I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm serious! Lol. Would love to hear what others think about this. Maybe I'll make a thread. :)
Hey Nancy. Metaphors are everywhere in scripture...like the term Kingdom of God, or Heaven, Eden and even the 'new earth' for starters, IMO. They are spiritual metaphors for a state of being, in the past, present and/ or in the future.

Take the Kingdom of God for example, it has existed from a human view since the 1st Adam and will be completed when the 2nd Adam completes his mission as ruler and 'returns' it back this Father, when all will be in all and God.

Paradise is another metaphor for the Kingdom when we understand its form and shape of time. Where the 1st Adam was the key and the given power and authority of this 1st Kingdom or Paradise, Christ was given power and authority for the next phase of Paradise/Kingdom as the their was ready to enter it with Jesus.

And heaven is always in 100% sync with the changes of Paradise or the Kingdom over time. They are intertwined to the core. The 'actions' in the Kingdom (on the physical earth at present for the sake of an argument) via and of God's people, include the actions of angels, and its rulership by the Son of God, reflect the actions taking place in Heaven, because, the key or the common denominator in all these states and 'places' is the active work of the Spirit of God through the Son and his Body. It is God who sustains it always from his throne.

The final form of the Kingdom or Paradise with be in the future....and Nancy, maybe the final form of the Paradise or the Kingdom is really the 'new Earth' and thus it won't be composed of terra firma, or of a physical composition; only spiritual beings drawn together and living in the presence of God via his Spirit, who alone with his angels reside in heaven. And thus, True Heaven of God IMO is not the same in meaning and state as the Kingdom of God, the new Earth or paradise.

Done for today....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Nancy. Metaphors are everywhere in scripture...like the term Kingdom of God, or Heaven, Eden and even the 'new earth' for starters, IMO. They are spiritual metaphors for a state of being, in the past, present and/ or in the future.

Take the Kingdom of God for example, it has existed from a human view since the 1st Adam and will be completed when the 2nd Adam completes his mission as ruler and 'returns' it back this Father, when all will be in all and God.

Paradise is another metaphor for the Kingdom when we understand its form and shape of time. Where the 1st Adam was the key and the given power and authority of this 1st Kingdom or Paradise, Christ was given power and authority for the next phase of Paradise/Kingdom as the their was ready to enter it with Jesus.

And heaven is always in 100% sync with the changes of Paradise or the Kingdom over time. They are intertwined to the core. The 'actions' in the Kingdom (on the physical earth at present for the sake of an argument) via and of God's people, include the actions of angels, and its rulership by the Son of God, reflect the actions taking place in Heaven, because, the key or the common denominator in all these states and 'places' is the active work of the Spirit of God through the Son and his Body. It is God who sustains it always from his throne.

The final form of the Kingdom or Paradise with be in the future....and Nancy, maybe the final form of the Paradise or the Kingdom is really the 'new Earth' and thus it won't be composed of terra firma, or of a physical composition; only spiritual beings drawn together and living in the presence of God via his Spirit, who alone with his angels reside in heaven. And thus, True Heaven of God IMO is not the same in meaning and state as the Kingdom of God, the new Earth or paradise.

Done for today....
Amen to that …well said .
and you saved me having to write similar …I could not have said it as clearly as you have.
x

• Love
Reactions: APAK and Nancy

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Can anyone tell me where in the Bible it is stipulated that there will be a Millennium Reign of Christ on earth, aside from Revelation 20?

Because I don't read anywhere that there will be a one thousand years reign of Jesus, seeing that God spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak. A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: APAK

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Can anyone tell me where in the Bible it is stipulated that there will be a Millennium Reign of Christ on earth, aside from Revelation 20?

Because I don't read anywhere that there will be a one thousand years reign of Jesus, seeing that God spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak. A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

To God Be The Glory
the 1000 year reign is not a parable . do i fully understand end times? no i just have make sure im ready and he will take care of the rest

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the 1000 year reign is not a parable . do i fully understand end times? no i just have make sure im ready and he will take care of the rest
How do you know the 1000 year reign is NOT a parable?

And, how do you know Jesus will take care of the rest seeing you have no knowledge of Scripture? How do you know you are a child of God? How do you make yourself ready? You are in a scary situation.

Just asking questions.

To God Be The Glory

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know the 1000 year reign is NOT a parable?

And, how do you know Jesus will take care of the rest seeing you have no knowledge of Scripture? How do you know you are a child of God? How do you make yourself ready? You are in a scary situation.
let me correct you on a few things 1. i never said i do not understand the scriptures . end time events as exactly how it will all fall together . 2. how do I KNOW that i am a child of God.. i have a know so salvation not a maybe so not a think so not a hope so .

1 John 5:13​

“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” i know that i know that i know beyond a shadow of doubt. how do i make my self ready ? by being saved by being found in Him by abiding in the vine .. i am by far in a scary situation. no man can pluck me out of the fathers hand . i can go to bed at night knowing beyond a shadow of doubt. if i fail to wake up my next awakening moment will be with Christ . it has been a while since i studied the thousand year reign of Christ.. the book of revelation is a book of things that are to come .. things that will be taking place in the future. as well as things that has already took place. nothing in the Book of REVELATION is parable . end time events are unfolding before our very eyes . i have no questions i do have a recommendation for you . Get your Heart right with God and a suggestion dont imply i am in a scary situation. by twisting what i posted

Reactions: Nancy

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will establish His kingdom in Jerusalem at the 7th trump, right here on earth.
Documentation, zechariah chapter 14.
Zechariah chapter 8.
Isaiah chapter 2:2
Jeremiah 31:23.

Everyone will be in there spirtual bodys at the 7th trump, were done with the flesh bodys, documentation, 1 Corinthians 15:50
15:51
15:52
15:53
15:54
Read and understand. Flesh and blood can't inherit kingdom of God.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of this Thread is to Discuss How Much We Know about Heaven.

I will give you a few Examples. It Says there are at least 2 Trees of Life in Heaven, and they used to grow in the Garden of Eden.

Revelation 2:7 (NASB)
7 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

(Rev 22:2 [HCSB])
down the middle of the broad street of the city. The tree of life was on both sides of the river, bearing 12 kinds of fruit, producing its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree are for healing the nations,

(Rev 22:14 [HCSB])
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.

(Rev 22:1 [HCSB])
Then he showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Now doesn't it take a slight downward slope in the terra firma to make the River flow like that ?

Let me know if you can find anything else that proves there is terra firma in Heaven.

Now I will tell you a short story that Happened in our lives shortly after we got married, (we were married for 36 and a half years, before the Lord called her HOME) with a heart attack. We were trying different Churches to find a really good Bible Teaching Church. So one Sunday we went to one of the Baptist Churches. It was a Guest Missionary from Africa, that Taught the Sermon that Day. In his Closing Statement he said: "The reason I Serve the Lord in the mission field, is I don't want to get stuck with a little cabin out back on the Crystal River, I want the biggest, fanciest Mansion on the Street of Gold." My Mouth Fell Open at that greedy Statement. I would have walked out on him, but that was his closing statement. On the way to the car, I said to my wife, "I don't care what he said in there, I will take that little cabin on the Crystal River. I just want to be their with HIM." This is what I imagine the cabin will look like, AND, I cry every time I look it:

View attachment 33497
The Tree of Life is symbolic of Jesus.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
*CRICKETS*
Sure, Scripture says our citizenship is in heaven, v20, from whom we await our savior Christ. That is where Christ is right now ruling at the right hand of God the Father.
Philippians 3
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

And Yes, heaven and earth sort of become one, in the new heavens and new earth as is foretold in Revelation 21, God's dwelling with man on the NEW earth, but it does not exist yet. I think the exact timing of that is unknown though for now.

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [b]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

• Love

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. "

The proof that we are not experiencing the New Earth and New Heavens is right there "NO MORE SEA"
However, you think of "SEA" as in the oceans or SEA being the worldly politics and peoples of the nations, we still have that SEA today don't we now...and I still experience pains too

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. "

The proof that we are not experiencing the New Earth and New Heavens is right there "NO MORE SEA"
However, you think of "SEA" as in the oceans or SEA being the worldly politics and peoples of the nations, we still have that SEA today don't we now...and I still experience pains too

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
I never caught that one before, no more sea, not to mention all the other wonderful things He has in store for us; no more sorrow, pain, death. How can some think Christ is already on His throne in the New Jerusalem "now"?? Makes zero sense.
Thanks Scott!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revelation 1:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth.

Earth is Terra Firma.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk what heaven is like. If its residing with God, it would be spiritual, that would be my best guess. We already live in a new heaven and new earth today, where God has reconciled the world to himself through Christ.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To God Himself, within His Son, and he in us, we each and collectively are Terra Firma, the NEW Earth, "where-IN dwellth righteousness" [His].
2 Peter 3
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
For ages, God has longsuffered to dwell within His creation of man.
Luke 17
[21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Tree of Life is symbolic of Jesus.

I disagree with you. It is a real Tree, that grows on each side of the river in Heaven.

7 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

Revelation 22:14 (NASB)
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:1-2 (NASB)
1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with you. It is a real Tree, that grows on each side of the river in Heaven.

John 6
[54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Revelation 22:14 (NASB)
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
John 3[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Revelation 22:1-2 (NASB)
1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
1. John 4
[14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
2. Mat. 13
[31] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
[32] Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
John 15
[5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

[35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord,

> Rev. 21:2
All Born again Christians [ARE] the "leaves" of the tree [of life] for the healing of the nations, who do come to them in the name of the Lord, [holding forth the word of Life. Phil 2:15-16]

Last edited:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6
[54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 3[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1. John 4
[14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
2. Mat. 13
[31] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
[32] Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
John 15
[5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

[35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord,

> Rev. 21:2
All Born again Christians [ARE] the "leaves" of the tree [of life] for the healing of the nations, who do come to them in the name of the Lord, [holding forth the word of Life. Phil 2:15-16]

Heaven is a real place, and we will be going THERE, soon, perhaps real soon, in our immortal Bodies.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is a real place, and we will be going THERE, soon, perhaps real soon, in our immortal Bodies.
I agree! Heaven is a real place, and it may not be some far off place in the Universe, but rather just another Dimension that coexists along side the dimension we now live in.

Soon after the mark of the beast is manifested and implemented by the beast with 10 horns, ALL in the world at that time shall make their decision to receive it or refuse it.

KJV Rev. 3[10] Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
2 Thes. 2
[8] And then shall that Wicked [the lawless*] be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
[9] Even him [them*], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Thes. 1
[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us,  WHEN the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who [all] shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10]  WHEN he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Luke 17
[29] But the same day [24 hours] that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day  WHEN the Son of man is revealed.

*Note
: as it is written in the Textus Receptus Greek Text- "the lawless"

Last edited: