How much ungodly behavior do you see in the church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much ungodly behavior do you see in the church?

Answering this question, without regard to a stick and brick building....

But rather specifically one claiming they are IN Christ, which is Christ's Jesus internal Spiritual Church within the man.

I would say the MOST GRIEVIOUS UNGODLY BEHAVIOR flows out of the mouth of men WHO CLAIM...

They have been Baptized with the Holy Spirit.
That the Holy Spirit Dwells within them.

AND THEY CLAIM TO CONTINUE TO SIN.

GREVIOUS and UNGODLY? Yes, which IS them claiming the POWER OF GOD...
WITHIN THEM..

1) is powerless to keep them from sin
2) the Spirit of God is being subjected to their sin

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or only one could right; or both could be wrong. Naturally, each of us believes we are right; or if we are at all sincere, we would change, or at least try to change. You believe the Bible is correct and so do most of us here. Some here would throw out part of the Bible. You presume there is no truth in the Book of Mormon, but that is not correct. Much of what is written in that book paraphrases very closely what is written in the Bible.

The above sentence as I read it is nonsensical. Please correct it and repost. Thanks

Some men have decided this is the case. I don't believe the Mormons decided it. But you are not interested in what they would say for themselves. Are you the judge, the jury and also the executioner?

I also don't believe God has decided it. Do you presume to speak as the final interpreter for God? Pull in your horns and learn to speak softly.

And of course everything that you have, that you believe is truth. All of the other Christians or Christian groups [denominations] who disagree with you have to be in error!

So then, @Jane_Doe22 @Heart2Soul @amadeus and @anyone else here who defends her even in part is necessarily in error because you know, rather than simply believe, all of God's Truth perfectly?

Pay attention to what the Bible says about false Christs, teachers, prophets etc. and revelation warns against accepting and tolerating such beliefs.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention to what the Bible says about false Christs, teachers, prophets etc. and revelation warns against accepting and tolerating such beliefs.
No one is denying that false teachers and false beliefs exist. But that's not the point of @amadeus post. Please read and ponder it again, so you understand his excellent message.

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or only one could right; or both could be wrong. Naturally, each of us believes we are right; or if we are at all sincere, we would change, or at least try to change. You believe the Bible is correct and so do most of us here. Some here would throw out part of the Bible. You presume there is no truth in the Book of Mormon, but that is not correct. Much of what is written in that book paraphrases very closely what is written in the Bible.
There are those who study the Torah and believe that anyone who studies any other interpretation are in error of the truth....I have to agree that there are errors in some of the interpretations that can cause a misunderstanding of the meaning of that scripture. In any case, the "Truth" about scripture can be considered a "subjective" view coming from the person interpreting it. So this is where we must be led of the Holy Spirit and to rightly divide "Truth" and to test the spirits to know if they are of God.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not chase after those with false beliefs or practices... He only opened his mouth to correct or rebuke them because they pressed him not to teach him better but hoping to trip him up. More than that is not needed because everyone who really has not found Life is already dead. Why beat a dead horse?

As to being intolerant, who is it then that qualifies for toleration? If I were to attack and openly criticize every person and every group (church or denomination) where I saw something which appeared wrong to me, there would be not even one where I could ever remain silent. This is not according to the Jesus I know. What Jesus said was:
"... Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God." Luke 9:60
Are you also dead?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who study the Torah and believe that anyone who studies any other interpretation are in error of the truth....I have to agree that there are errors in some of the interpretations that can cause a misunderstanding of the meaning of that scripture. In any case, the "Truth" about scripture can be considered a "subjective" view coming from the person interpreting it. So this is where we must be led of the Holy Spirit and to rightly divide "Truth" and to test the spirits to know if they are of God.
Even when our interpretation really is from God and from Him alone [no mixed message], there will always be some who consider it a subjective or even a self centered view point rather than what it is. All we, or anyone, can do is whatever we can to always be led by the Holy Spirit. That will not guarantee that people will follow us, but it will put us on God's side.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The above sentence as I read it is nonsensical. Please correct it and repost. Thanks

Some men have decided this is the case. I don't believe the Mormons decided it. But you are not interested in what they would say for themselves. Are you the judge, the jury and also the executioner?

I also don't believe God has decided it. Do you presume to speak as the final interpreter for God? Pull in your horns and learn to speak softly.

And of course everything that you have, that you believe is truth. All of the other Christians or Christian groups [denominations] who disagree with you have to be in error!

So then, @Jane_Doe22 @Heart2Soul @amadeus and @anyone else here who defends her even in part is necessarily in error because you know, rather than simply believe, all of God's Truth perfectly?

+

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Core Issue and Jane_Doe22 should debate this issue themselves either privately or publicly. I don't think it's fair when two or more people gang up on another here. I've seen this game played on every forum I've ever been on and if everyone is honest they know it's the truth. There are a million and one ways that people - even Christians - can lie - to others and to themselves (and I don't leave myself out of this). God is a just God and I think we're to act with justice, so let's keep the playing field fair. Remember, "all things are naked and open to Him with whom we have to do." While we're proselytizing about how another should be moral and placing ourselves in the position of judge over another, let's remember that our motives and proselytizing is also naked and open to our fellow believers with discernment. And because several people join together against another doesn't make it right. Might never makes Right.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Core Issue and Jane_Doe22 should debate this issue themselves either privately or publicly.
I have offered to discuss things with CoreIssue via PM literally dozens of times, only to be ignored. This is his grudge, and I cannot do anything about it. I wish everyone on here peace from the bottom of my heart, and have zero interest interest in proselytizing (giving or receiving). "Bob's" belief's are Bob's, and I'm not aiming to change that. I'm just on here to celebrate Christ with other people who love Him, and support each other when things are rough.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not chase after those with false beliefs or practices... He only opened his mouth to correct or rebuke them because they pressed him not to teach him better but hoping to trip him up. More than that is not needed because everyone who really has not found Life is already dead. Why beat a dead horse?

As to being intolerant, who is it then that qualifies for toleration? If I were to attack and openly criticize every person and every group (church or denomination) where I saw something which appeared wrong to me, there would be not even one where I could ever remain silent. This is not according to the Jesus I know. What Jesus said was:
"... Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God." Luke 9:60
Are you also dead?

Really? Then why did he go into the temple and overturn tables and beat all those people with a stick?

Why did he call the Pharisees names?

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a different topic but I received a call from Donald Trump today. A recorded message from Lara Trump asked me to call our Congressman and ask for border security.

I did and had an interesting conversation with a young man. After telling him that my husband & I want a secure border he launched into his (apparently memorized) diatribe of how we don't really need the wall, and that drones will suffice, etc. etc. I hope that we all stay alert to how politicians try to schmooze us. He tried telling me that drones will do but I told him that by the time border guards got to the area a drone spots people crossing the border it would be too late. I told him he was dressing up a lie to make it sound pretty, and that he was trying to stick with the company line. He next tried telling me that people who own properties adjoining Mexico don't want a border wall. I told him that I read articles about Arizona residents who submitted phots of their properties that were strewn with trash from people crossing the border and they were calling for a wall. Next he tried to tell me that people from intelligence told him that a border wall was useless. I told him that I know someone who works in the security field who said the wall with electronic sensors would stop almost all illegal crossings. He continued on with more excuses and I asked him why the wall worked for Israel. He then tried to say that the wall is too expensive. I told him we should stop sending so much money overseas and meddling in other countries' affairs. He argued that America has a history of getting involved when there is some injustice to right such as the war with Germany. I asked him if he knew some of the conflict was about drugs. (see link below if interested.)

Whether or not anyone agrees with the above, I urge everyone to contact their representatives and not let them sugar coat a lie. All it takes is one committed person to crash the border and get to a nuclear facility. Christians are to be the Light in the world, and by that I think part of it means that we should hold to the truth and hold our representatives to the truth. I'm sure you all have family the same as I and "he who does not care for his own is worse than a thief." I take that as meaning we're to do what we can to protect them.

Please consider contacting your representatives: Contacting Congress

‘OPIUM’ REAL REASON FOR AFGHANISTAN WAR: Why Pat Tillman Was Killed / CIA Suiciding US Soldiers Overseas For Bankers

Reactions: brakelite

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have offered to discuss things with CoreIssue via PM literally dozens of times, only to be ignored. This is his grudge, and I cannot do anything about it. I wish everyone on here peace from the bottom of my heart, and have zero interest interest in proselytizing (giving or receiving). "Bob's" belief's are Bob's, and I'm not aiming to change that. I'm just on here to celebrate Christ with other people who love Him, and support each other when things are rough.
Everyone's motives are clear to those with discernment.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see ungodly behavior on most forums, but a lack of independent study and denominational blinders we need to overcome.
Maybe the answer is for all to come out of it. I’m unaffiliated, and have been taught more from a true authority in the last 3 years than in the previous 20. Imo anyone who presents the gospel of Christ is a preacher. As for fellowship, maybe there’s a misconception of that also.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the answer is for all to come out of it. I’m unaffiliated, and have been taught more from a true authority in the last 3 years than in the previous 20. Imo anyone who presents the gospel of Christ is a preacher. As for fellowship, maybe there’s a misconception of that also.
Do you have a home prayer group? I knew someone who left the church and has home prayer groups.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I ever saw it written that he beat anyone with a stick... or even actually ever hit anyone with anything. (maybe some cows?)

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 11:4 KJV
[4] But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Tecarta Bible
This doesn’t come with observation

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I ever saw it written that he beat anyone with a stick... or even actually ever hit anyone with anything. (maybe some cows?)

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts
13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.