How should the church service be structured

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold on kiddo....Please clarify. Are you saying “Yes” to my question, “If all Christians agreed with you would we no longer be uneducated about scripture?”

Curious Mary
Yes, if all Christians only read their Bibles, this would educate them about scripture.

Their brains are cluttered as described by this....

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

...it's just that easy to be duped by commentary.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even a boy who drives the plow knows more of the scriptures than you do.
Hmmmmmm.....soooooo your not even going to attempt to answer my legitimate question? It is the same question that has been asked for 2,000 years.

Instead you choose to be demeaning and sarcastic???? That usually happens when a person has NO ABILITY to back up what they believe.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, if all Christians only read their Bibles, this would educate them about scripture.

Their brains are cluttered as described by this....

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

...it's just that easy to be duped by commentary.
Ummmm......Christians have been reading their bibles for a LONG time and educating themselves about Scripture soooooo that blows your theory out of the water.

Your theory IS a “tradition of men” soooooo that blows your theory out of the water.

You provide your own “commentary” on this forum all the time....I won’t be duped by it!!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't protest the RCC.

They protest me.
That is a fascinating theory.

The RCC was first in history.

Protestantism was second historically.

But your theory is that the first is protesting the second even though the second is called “PROTESTantism” and came about due to their protest????

You are truly an interesting person....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible taught me.

I noticed that in 1 Cor 11, they were participating in a church feast which was immediately referencing the last supper.

This feast was so sacred that there was mortal danger from God to those that did not share their food.

So, as the Jews in the O.T. had a universal pascha feast, so did the N.T. saints.....but the saints had the fulfilled meaning, therefore had to get it right.

This feast has devolved over the centuries to a chalk wafer, as the hungry are never fed.

If today's fake churches were honored by God as the true church, he would afflict them for leaving folks hungry and not having a "last SUPPER" feast as the 1st century did.
Sooooo you are self taught..... Do you believe that what you have taught yourself has never been taught before in the 2,000 years that Christianity has been around?

I don’t understand your theory that “the hungry are never fed”. That makes zero sense....IMO.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible taught me.

I noticed that in 1 Cor 11, they were participating in a church feast which was immediately referencing the last supper.

This feast was so sacred that there was mortal danger from God to those that did not share their food.

So, as the Jews in the O.T. had a universal pascha feast, so did the N.T. saints.....but the saints had the fulfilled meaning, therefore had to get it right.

This feast has devolved over the centuries to a chalk wafer, as the hungry are never fed.

If today's fake churches were honored by God as the true church, he would afflict them for leaving folks hungry and not having a "last SUPPER" feast as the 1st century did.
I agree with 1 Cor 11: whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord....those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Do you agree with 1 Cor 11?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your foolish reply only serves to highlight you haven't read any further of the same sequence let alone understood it.
A completely impotent response that leads me to believe that you don’t even understand what “context” means.

If you can’t show me HOW my context is off – then you’re simply ignorant of the word altogether.

Nice job . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

I had a debate in 1980 with a priest in his office in front of a group of friends that set it up.

I brought my Bible only.

He brought an armful of books.

After I asked him a few Biblical questions he yelled "shut up and sit down"(red faced).

Then he began scouring through commentary for answers.

I know.....
Suuuuurrrre, you did – then the acid wore off . . .
I’ve had 3rd grade Catechism students that could bring YOU to tears in a debate.

I’ve never even has to think in a debate with you because you’ve proven time and time again that you don’t know God’s Word . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suuuuurrrre, you did – then the acid wore off . . .
I’ve had 3rd grade Catechism students that could bring YOU to tears in a debate.

I’ve never even has to think in a debate with you because you’ve proven time and time again that you don’t know God’s Word . . .
The only thing the RCC can beat me at is commentary.

The Bible is the last thing they want me to use in a debate.

They go for the throat when the Bible comes out....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing the RCC can beat me at is commentary.

The Bible is the last thing they want me to use in a debate.

They go for the throat when the Bible comes out....
Uh-huh - that's why I've beaten you in every post . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with 1 Cor 11: whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord....those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Do you agree with 1 Cor 11?
Yes, contextually speaking, the unworthy recipients got in trouble for not sharing their feast with the worthy that had no food.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo you are self taught..... Do you believe that what you have taught yourself has never been taught before in the 2,000 years that Christianity has been around?

I don’t understand your theory that “the hungry are never fed”. That makes zero sense....IMO.
Simple.

The pascha feast originated as a 1st century feast that the church of Corinth messed up, and Paul corrected them in Chapter 11.

The feast should have continued.

The lazy modern church convenient changed it to a wafer.

They should have overseen the feast instead.

The chalk wafer is not food, but a complete joke compared to the feast in Corinth.

That is what I mean that the saints are being starved by the leadership....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a fascinating theory.

The RCC was first in history.

Protestantism was second historically.

But your theory is that the first is protesting the second even though the second is called “PROTESTantism” and came about due to their protest????

You are truly an interesting person....
No, the ACTS church was 1st in history.

The RCC bears zero resemblance to the Acts church.

The RCC arrived to conquer the Acts church, then create a massive system built on commentary.

They succeeded perfectly, as spoken of as the feet of the image per Daniel and the great whore per Revelation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm......Christians have been reading their bibles for a LONG time and educating themselves about Scripture soooooo that blows your theory out of the water.

Your theory IS a “tradition of men” soooooo that blows your theory out of the water.

You provide your own “commentary” on this forum all the time....I won’t be duped by it!!!
No, folks are voluntarily dumbed down to have someone that is a "master of explanation" read the Bible to them.

These "masters" are heavy on tradition etc., but light on the literal Bible words.

They say "this word also means this, this or this...."

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, contextually speaking, the unworthy recipients got in trouble for not sharing their feast with the worthy that had no food.
I like this Truther. You are actually having a discussion with me. Thank you.

How did they get in trouble? I don't understand what you mean by that.

Bible Study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple.

The pascha feast originated as a 1st century feast that the church of Corinth messed up, and Paul corrected them in Chapter 11.

The feast should have continued.

The lazy modern church convenient changed it to a wafer.

They should have overseen the feast instead.

The chalk wafer is not food, but a complete joke compared to the feast in Corinth.

That is what I mean that the saints are being starved by the leadership....
Now I get it....thank you. There is no doubt they had a meal at the Last Supper. But something very distinctive happened that Christ told us to do in remembrance of Him. He did NOT tell us to have a meal in remembrance of Him. He told us to partake of the bread/wine in remembrance of Him.

It sounds like you don't see the "wafer" as taking the place of the bread (His body) that Jesus offered the Apostles at the Last Supper?

What should take the place of the bread?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I get it....thank you. There is no doubt they had a meal at the Last Supper. But something very distinctive happened that Christ told us to do in remembrance of Him. He did NOT tell us to have a meal in remembrance of Him. He told us to partake of the bread/wine in remembrance of Him.

It sounds like you don't see the "wafer" as taking the place of the bread (His body) that Jesus offered the Apostles at the Last Supper?

What should take the place of the bread?
He did tell us to eat and drink in His memory.

The church in Corinth practiced that very thing.

Paul addressed them, as he set them straight to it's sacred origins of the last supper.

I bet you always thought you had to be pure in heart to take the Lord's supper(...unworthily)...until now.

But the "unworthily" rebuke of Paul was directly at the have's only, not the have not's.

This should be a revelation to you per the chapter, because we ALL were taught it was a wafer and repentance to "get right or die". thing.

It is super simple my friend.

The Jews had a passover "party"(feast) yearly.

Jesus was the Christians passover.

Christians had their own "party"(feast).

The KJV translators were aware of this party Christians had, thus called it "Easter".

Herod even wanted to kill Peter in Acts to end the Christians' version of the Easter "party", offending Jesus and the Christians.

The modern church has declined to attend Christ's "party" these centuries.

Pardon my vernacular.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this Truther. You are actually having a discussion with me. Thank you.

How did they get in trouble? I don't understand what you mean by that.

Bible Study Mary
Let me post the passage then highlight it...

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

The weak and sickly were in verse 21-22.

This is because they fed themselves and ignored the other saints.....at the PASCHA feast of all times!!!

Paul was furious.