• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continue WHAT = To the "end" of what?
Continue to believe in Christ, that's what.

"10For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so.11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. 12Then you will not be sluggish, but will imitate those who through faith and patience (the perseverance of faith) inherit what has been promised." Hebrews 6:10-12

You must continue in faith to the very end of your life to be saved at the end of the age. To not endure in faith to the end is to be a worthless, cursed piece of land that will be burned:

"8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned." Hebrews 6:8

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

to your childre

To be saved by the gospel is for their children. Not baptism as children.
When their children come to the point of faith they may be saved by obeying the gospel.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith is not the Savior.
God is the Savior... .who took you faith ONCE.....ONE TIME......when you trusted in Christ, and God gave you "the righteousness of God, in Christ"
= BORN AGAIN.
Ultimately, to not produce fruit is to show yourself to not be born again. Show up at the judgment in that condition and you will go to the left and into the fire. There are things that accompany salvation, and without them you will be burned as a worthless, unfruitful field.

8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned." Hebrews 6:8

"9Even though we speak like this, beloved, we are convinced of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation." Hebrews 6:9

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Parable of the Banquet
(Luke 14:15–24)

1Once again, Jesus spoke to them in parables: 2“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to call those he had invited to the banquet, but they refused to come.4Again, he sent other servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner. My oxen and fattened cattle have been killed, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’5But they paid no attention and went away, one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them, and killed them.7The king was enraged, and he sent his troops to destroy those murderers and burn their city. 8Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited were not worthy. 9Go therefore to the crossroads and invite to the banquet as many as you can find.’10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered everyone they could find, both evil and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.11But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’

But the man was speechless.13Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’14For many are called, but few are chosen.”

What is the meaning of this parable? Anybody? I'll wait.

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1Once again, Jesus spoke to them in parables: 2“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to call those he had invited to the banquet, but they refused to come.4Again, he sent other servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner. My oxen and fattened cattle have been killed, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’5But they paid no attention and went away, one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them, and killed them.7The king was enraged, and he sent his troops to destroy those murderers and burn their city. 8Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited were not worthy. 9Go therefore to the crossroads and invite to the banquet as many as you can find.’10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered everyone they could find, both evil and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.11But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’

But the man was speechless.13Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’14For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Hello,
The Lord Jesus has extended an invitation for all men to sit with Him in the kingdom of heaven.
Everything has already been prepared.

Even though ALL have been invited into His heavenly kingdom.
Few will come to the invitation.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Parable of the Net

47Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was cast into the sea and caught all kinds of fish. 48When it was full, the men pulled it ashore. Then they sat down and sorted the good fish into containers, but threw the bad away.49So will it be at the end of the age: The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous, 50and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.51Have you understood all these things?”

“Yes,” they answered.52Then He told them, “For this reason, every scribe who has been discipled in the kingdom of heaven is like a homeowner who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

Is Jesus the Net? Sounds like alot of Believers are really fish to me instead of Sheep. Fish stick together in schools....a sheep knows his master and his life depends on him. From safety from predators to finding new fields to graze.

Last edited:

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4Jesus put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and slipped away. 26When the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.27The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’28‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’29‘No,’ he said, ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat into my barn.’ ”

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continue to believe in Christ, that's what.

"10For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so.11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. 12Then you will not be sluggish, but will imitate those who through faith and patience (the perseverance of faith) inherit what has been promised." Hebrews 6:10-12

You must continue in faith to the very end of your life to be saved at the end of the age. To not endure in faith to the end is to be a worthless, cursed piece of land that will be burned:

"8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless, and its curse is imminent. In the end it will be burned." Hebrews 6:8
exactly my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be saved by the gospel is for their children. Not baptism as children.
When their children come to the point of faith they may be saved by obeying the gospel.
What was the one thing that phillip told the eunach . When the eunach of queen candace had said
SEE here is water , what DOES HINDER ME TO BE BAPTIZED ........
What was the very next thing phillip told him in response to his question .
IF YE BELIEVE Ye may be ....
Infant baptism is of no effect . One must BELIEVE IN CHRIST then they will be water baptized .
The R double C knoweth not the simplicty of the gospel . Though they can say some truths
its the TRUTH they knoweth not . Even a parrot can quoate things , but said parrot has no understanding .
SO is it with the CC . For they speak and yet KNOW NOT what spirit they are truly of nor what spirit they are following .
The CC has well trained its desciples to trust ONLY in what THUS SAYETH THE CC says . MANY are perishing and many have
perished in her chambers . My advice is we FLOOD that bible doctrine in all places
preaching CHRIST and all sound doctrine . WHoever hears amen and whoever rejects , that is on them .
But at least we did what we could for them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when they read...>..."remain in unbelief", they will misinterpret that "belief" keeps you saved, and in fact it does not.
Believing is the conduit through which one remains in the power of salvation:

"2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:2

Whether or not one can actually stop believing is irrelevant. What matters is that you are presently believing, holding fast to the gospel word. The condition for being saved is that you are holding firmly to the word of the gospel.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying faith and works is the only way to heaven.
If faith once and no works(fruit) ever. Then no salvation.
What I’m saying is the faith that justifies all by itself apart from works (Romans 4:6) is the faith that finds it’s expression in works (Galatians 5:6). That’s why works of righteousness signify that you have faith and are born again and works of unrighteousness signify that you are not (1 John 3:9-10). Ultimately, no works signifies there is no faith present to drive any works, while works do signify the presence of faith (James 2:18). Faith drives obedience (Romans 1:5), or else it isn’t faith - it’s dead faith - the faith that can not save (James 2:14, James 2:17).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are not clothed properly you will be cast out into outer darkness. We are to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I’m saying is the faith that justifies all by itself apart from works (Romans 4:6) is the faith that finds it’s expression in works (Galatians 5:6). That’s why works of righteousness signify that you have faith and are born again and works of unrighteousness signify that you are not (1 John 3:9-10). Ultimately, no works signifies there is no faith present to drive any works, while works do signify the presence of faith (James 2:18). Faith drives obedience (Romans 1:5), or else it isn’t faith - it’s dead faith - the faith that can not save (James 2:14, James 2:17).

Yes I understand this doctrine very well.
But do you not see the contradiction?
Saved without any works.
No works save us before or after we are saved according to this doctrine.
Yet without works as evidence of true faith no salvation
Conclusion: even in this doctrine without good works no one will be saved,
Because without works, the faith is not saving faith.
Therefore no one is really saved without any works.
Even your doctrine includes works to be saved.
You just wont see that they are in fact nessary.

Let me ask you,
Can someone who has faith alone but never has a good work in his life go to heaven?
You would say that they must have good works to be true faith.
So without works you cannot be saved

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not clothed properly you will be cast out into outer darkness. We are to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ.

The Parable says the Good and Evil people will be there. Will the evil people be clothed in the Righteousness of Christ? I think it is more of something to do with respect for the occasion. Meaning do you take it seriously? The Kingdom, Salvation, God. Whatever it is. Christ is the one getting married, Why are we wearing his Clothes?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Parable says the Good and Evil people will be there. Will the evil people be clothed in the Righteousness of Christ?
Are you wondering if wicked folks have a chance of going to heaven?
If so, the answer is no.

I'll try to give some explanation to Jesus parables tomorrow.
Goodnight, friend.

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:36 defines every unbeliever, both alive, or dead.

People in general, and Christians, many of them, think that a person goes to hell for : "a lifetime of sinning".
Not at all.
See, you'll die "in your sins" if you die a Christ rejector, but that is not why God judges you, after you die.

The reality is, there is only one SIN that God will Judge you for, AFTER you die.
= The Unpardonable sin.
What is that?
Well, you can read Hebrews 10:26 and find a group of Hebrews committing it, as Paul is preaching Jesus to them.

They are committing the unpardonable sin.

= A.) Christ Rejection.

How does that work?

Reader....

Christ is the Pardon. Christ is the Redemption. Christ is the Grace of God. Christ is Salvation. Christ is the Blood Atonement. Christ is Eternal Life.
He is ALL THAT and MORE.

See all that, Reader?
So, if you die rejecting Christ........ notice what you have rejected.

The eternal math works likes this.
If your Reject Pardon, you die un-pardoned.
CHRIST IS THE PARDON. He's God's Forgiveness.
So, if you die a Christ Rejector, = never born again.........

=> You have committed The Unpardonable sin of dying a Christ Rejector, and God will JUDGE YOU.

However, If you have trusted Christ and Christ is in you, and you are born again, "one with God", "the righteousness of God in Christ".....then God can't judge you in Eternity, as you have already solved that eternal judgment on Earth. = born again.
This is why you meet God as YOUR FATHER, and not as your Eternal Judge.

Our Lord Christ Jesus will be the Judge. He says in the Gospels, that he will admit us before the FATHER or disowns us before the Father. Also he says: Not everyone who says unto me Lord, Lord shall enter into the Kingdom, but he that does the will of my FATHER. Our Lord then goes on to say: I will say to them on that day, depart from me ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: Titus

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the one getting married, Why are we wearing his Clothes?
Because his clothing is the deeds of his righteousness. The same righteousness we have.

"7 ...For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready.8She was given clothing of fine linen, bright and pure.” For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints." Revelation 19:7-8