• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Parable says the Good and Evil people will be there. Will the evil people be clothed in the Righteousness of Christ?
No. Evil, unsaved people are not clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Their deeds attesting to that fact. They will not be appropriately attired at the coming of Christ, testifying to the fact that they do not have the righteousness of God in salvation, and so they will be put out and away.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you,
Can someone who has faith alone but never has a good work in his life go to heaven?
No. Because faith that is alone is dead faith. Faith that can not save. IOW, it's not really faith. True saving faith leaves the footprints of righteous deeds, or else it isn't true saving faith.

You would say that they must have good works to be true faith.
So without works you cannot be saved
Correct, you can not be saved when Jesus comes back without having lived in righteousness in this life. Salvation happens purely by having faith in the forgiveness of God in Jesus Christ. Being forgiven results in being given the Holy Spirit. The evidence of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the life lived for righteousness, not unrighteousness. At the return of Christ, without that evidence of the Holy Spirit in you you will be turned away and cast into outer darkness as an unsaved, unsealed unbeliever. Works don't earn entrance into the kingdom of God. They show you have the righteousness of God. And so it is only in that way that works are required to be saved when Jesus comes back.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How do you explain acts 1:8?

The verse says they will "receive Power".

"POWER" = is what they receive..

To do what? "to be WITNESSES".

See that?
That is not the "infilling of the Holy Spirit", and its not the day their salvation started.

This "POWER"< is

1. Call to the Ministry
2. Imbuement<<<<<< Its the Spiritual ENABLING that empowers their appointment.

Its like this reader.

If God calls you to be an Evangelist, then GOD has to supply you with the POWER, the ANOINTING to DO IT.

See that?

That is the "receive Power"........that these men received from God, to "go and be witnesses".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They show you have the righteousness of God. And so it is only in that way that works are required to be saved when Jesus comes back.

Its fine to bear fruit.
But this is not related to Salvation. ITs related to DISCIPLESHIP.

Salvation is God making you Righteous based on what Jesus has Accomplished.

DISCIPLESHIP is your "reasonable service" that you perform, not to be saved, and not to stay saved, but because YOU ARE SAVED.

Reader, alway realize that your WORKS, never equal Christ's.
So, never try to pretend that your behavior has anything to do with that CROSS, as when you try to add your works to God's Redemption, then you are teaching SELF EFFORT (Legalism) as what God accepts to save you and keep you saved, and that is an insult to the Cross of Christ and to the Grace of God.
Never do that, and never listen to a heretic that tries to get you to think that way.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. Evil, unsaved people are not clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Their deeds attesting to that fact. They will not be appropriately attired at the coming of Christ, testifying to the fact that they do not have the righteousness of God in salvation, and so they will be put out and away.

Jesus will tell them.. "depart from me i never knew you".

And what is so horribly tragic about this......about this day when they die and end up in Hell, is that millions were water baptized, commandment keeping, Christ imitators.....who thought they were going to heaven, but were deceived.

Why didnt they go to heaven, even tho they were bearing christian fruit all day long and lived in Church for 40 Yrs?

Its because they failed to do this...

= """You MUST BE BORN AGAIN""" ...
And water can't do that for you. And good deeds cant do that for you.
Only GOD can do that for you.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Because faith that is alone is dead faith. Faith that can not save. IOW, it's not really faith. True saving faith leaves the footprints of righteous deeds, or else it isn't true saving faith.

Correct, you can not be saved when Jesus comes back without having lived in righteousness in this life. Salvation happens purely by having faith in the forgiveness of God in Jesus Christ. Being forgiven results in being given the Holy Spirit. The evidence of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the life lived for righteousness, not unrighteousness. At the return of Christ, without that evidence of the Holy Spirit in you you will be turned away and cast into outer darkness as an unsaved, unsealed unbeliever. Works don't earn entrance into the kingdom of God. They show you have the righteousness of God. And so it is only in that way that works are required to be saved when Jesus comes back.

Good!
I'm glad we are both in agreement that the Bible teaches salvation comes by faith and works.
No one can be saved by faith and no works. For that would not be true saving faith. Biblical faith always has works,
James 2:24,
-You see then that a man is justified by works and not by faith only.

You stated something very, very important here,
Works don't earn entrance into the kingdom of God. They show you have the righteousness of God. And so it is only in that way that works are required to be saved when Jesus comes back.

This is what I have been trying to teach faith onlyist but cannot.
You understand!

Faith onlyist teach if works are required as a condition to get into heaven.
They must be earning or meritorious works.

As you correctly stated,
Works don't earn entrance into the kingdom of God.

None of our works that are involved in salvation EARN anything!
The good works we do are works of obedience not merit.

Therefore works in initial salvation are obedience not merit.
You must have obedient faith to be saved all your life.
This is the Biblical faith that saves.
So faith without works is dead faith, James 2:19.

To get saved Jesus requires belief with obedience to His commandments.
After salvation Jesus requires belief and obedience to His commandments.
These works of faith are never meritorious.

Faith alone salvation is dead. It is not true Biblical saving faith.
It does not save anyone.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didnt they go to heaven, even tho they were bearing christian fruit all day long and lived in Church for 40 Yrs?
I understand your point, but they didn't have the fruit. They had the showy leaves, but not the fruit (Mark 11:13). For it is impossible to bear fruit apart from Christ (John 15:4). So no fake Christian is producing the fruit of righteousness. In the analogy of the wheat and the tares they are tares who look like real wheat stalks, but do not produce the head of grain. That's how you distinguish a stalk of wheat from a tare, by whether or not it has the head of grain.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Good!
I'm glad we are both in agreement that the Bible teaches salvation comes by faith and works.

Salvation comes by Christ on the Cross, alone.
Jesus Said that He is the only way to the Father.... John 14:6

YOU< Titus, contradict Jesus openly on a public forum.... and say that JEUS is not the ONLY way to heaven....but YOUR WORKS are needed.

Truly....You need to stop insulting the Cross of Christ and the Grace of God, with your Gospel of Self effort.
And not just you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Or maybe a better way to put it is salvation comes by faith that works - Galatians 5:6.

Salvation Comes by Jesus, alone. John 14:6

Ferris Bueller, ..You need to stop insulting the Cross with your "gospel of works".
And its best that you dont LIE and try to deny it, as you just preached your gosple of works AGAIN.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand what I teach.
but YOUR WORKS are needed.

No way is anyone saved by the works of man.
The Bible teaches we are saved by the works of God,
John 6:27-28,
-then they said to Him, what shall we do, that we may work the works of God?
-Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.

Faith is a work of God. It is something we do.
When we obey Gods commandments.
We are not doing works of man.
We are working the works of God.
God saves us by His works.
Our works are condemned, Ephesians 2:8-9

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or maybe a better way to put it is salvation comes by faith that works - Galatians 5:6.
That's ok.
But, we need to be clear on our position with the doctrine of faith onlyism.
This teaching that the majority of folks believe has saved them.
Is a doctrine of faith and no works of any kind is how we are saved.
This salvation by faith only is a false teaching not found anywhere in the Bible.

Behold is right in his teaching if faith onlyism is the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
He is right that no works EVER, would be how we are saved.

Simply believe once with no obedience no work.
And from that moment in time, you are saved forever and nothing must be done from that moment to get to heaven.
No fruit. No continuing to believe. Nothing else required.
That is faith only salvation.
The bible condemns it,
James 2:24.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This salvation by faith only is a false teaching not found anywhere in the Bible.

Paul teaches that "faith is counted as Righteousness", and "Justification by faith"

You just said that this is "not found in the bible"..

Well, its not in the book of Mormon.....thats true, and its not found in your religion.......we noticed.

So, do you ever do anything but try to deceive people here?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith is a work of God. It is something we do.

God saves a person = through faith.
See that?
That is GOD SAVING, because you did what He required.....and that is.......you BELIEVED.
So, Faith is counted as Righteousness, and Justification comes by Faith, but its GOD who does the Saving., based on the Sacrifice of Christ.

Faith does not save you.
God saves you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold is right in his teaching if faith onlyism

There is no such thing as "faith onlyism".
This is just something you made up to try to pervert :" the Gift of Salvation."

You need to think about what you are trying to prove, as everything you say, denies that Jesus is the Only Way to God, and to heaven.

Here is your religion, Titus....

= "yes, i know that Jesus started my salvation, but now I I I I ME ME ME ME have to FINISH IT by holding unto my faith and being sure i try to do good works"

See that?
That is a phony Christianity, that pretends to trust in Christ, but actually does not.
You and Ferris are selling LEGALISM, as usual., and Legalism is the Devil's idea of Salvation.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no born again in Hell, at any time.
There are no Christ rejectors in Heaven, other then to be judged and sent out.

You may be correct about the born again at this time Be. We believe the first resurrection has already occurred, and I am unsure if the anointed who die are instantly resurrected or not. The Bible does say that when Jesus returns those who are still alive will be changed in a twinkling of an eye. So I cannot say one way or another if they spend some time in hell or not, but most of them did of course.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So I cannot say one way or another if they spend some time in hell or not, but most of them did of course.

Its the unbelievers who go to hell, and its the born again who go to Heaven.

Jesus didnt die to save you from Hell, so that you can go there for a while and hang out.
Jesus is the way to HEAVEN, not the way to Hell.

There are no born again in Hell, and there are no Christ rejectors in Heaven.

SONS of God, the born again, will not go to the DEVIL, as Hell is made for the DEVIL and His Angels.

Matthew 25:41

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "faith onlyism".
This is just something you made up to try to pervert :" the Gift of Salvation."

You need to think about what you are trying to prove, as everything you say, denies that Jesus is the Only Way to God, and to heaven.

Here is your religion, Titus....

= "yes, i know that Jesus started my salvation, but now I I I I ME ME ME ME have to FINISH IT by holding unto my faith and being sure i try to do good works"

See that?
That is a phony Christianity, that pretends to trust in Christ, but actually does not.
You and Ferris are selling LEGALISM, as usual., and Legalism is the Devil's idea of Salvation.

The only person between us that is teaching doctrine that is not found in Jesus gospel is you.

Do we do nothing in our salvation Behold?
That is what you are teaching.

No we do not merit salvation. You faith onlyist always use that misrepresentation of anyone who teaches works are involved.

Real Bible examples of salvation:

John 6:28-29,
-What shall we do....

If Behold was teaching them he would have said, You think, ME, ME, ME, and not Jesus paid it all.

Acts 2:37,
-Men and brethren what shall we do...

If Behold was preaching the gospel not Peter that day he would have said, You put your faith in You not in Jesus Christ.

Paul's conversion,
Acts 9:6,
-So he trembling and astonished said, Lord what do you want me to do,

If Behold was there, he would have said, you are full of pride Paul thinking you can do something to save yourself.

Acts 16:30,
-And he brought them out and said, Sirs what must I do to be saved,

If Behold was there that day he would have said, who do you think you are? You cannot do anything only Jesus can save you.

Point is only Jesus can save us.
Does that mean Jesus did not give us anything to do in order for Jesus to save us?

Obviously not according to scriptures.
According to Behold's teaching. Man does nothing.

This is unbiblical.
God requires conditions that are HIS conditions.
God demands by commandments that these conditions be met by us.
If we will do His commandments, we qualify for Jesus to save us.

We must work the works of God in order for Jesus to save us.
Acts 10:35,
-but in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

We must do the works of righteousness. That is working the works of God.
What is works of God? Works of righteousness that God approves of?
Works of man? No

Psalm 119:172,
-My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.

Obeying God is working righteousness.

What must I do to be saved?
Believe and work the works of God not man, and you will be saved,

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we need to be clear on our position with the doctrine of faith onlyism.
This teaching that the majority of folks believe has saved them.
Is a doctrine of faith and no works of any kind is how we are saved.
I guess it's important to define what one means by 'faith only'. What happens is 'faith only' means two different things to two different people and so they argue endlessly because neither is arguing the same point about 'faith only'. To one person 'faith only' means a person is converted on the basis of their faith all by itself, apart from the merit of their works. Meanwhile, to another person 'faith only' means having no works in daily living to accompany your faith. You can see these are two entirely different arguments. One of these 'faith only' arguments represents the true saving 'faith only' argument. The other does not. The person who is living a 'faith only' life, meaning he has no works to accompany his claim to faith, is not born again. He just thinks he is. (1 John 3:9-10). It's important to resist that false 'faith only' argument, but not at the expense of the true 'faith only' argument in which a person is converted entirely on the basis of their faith in the forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The only person between us that is teaching doctrine that is not found in Jesus gospel is you.
Do we do nothing in our salvation ?

I teach the simple "Gospel of the Grace of God".
I dont leave room for "self saving by works", and i dont allow for, "here is what i have to do, as if what Christ did for me, is not enough".
See that?
That is your gospel.
You are adding your filthy works, to the Cross, as a hybrid...."The Cross + My Works" = How i go to heaven......Legalistic gospel.
So, its an amazing elevation of PRIDE for you to try to put your "works", with the CROSS, as if your works are acceptable to God, on the same level as Holy's Christ's sinless life.

You need need to realize what you are saying and believing and get OFF OF IT, and get to the Blood of Jesus, and stay away from "look at what im doing to make sure i go to heaven".