• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's important to resist that false 'faith only' argument, but not at the expense of the true 'faith only' argument in which a person is converted entirely on the basis of their faith in the forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ.

Faith does not save you.
God saves you, through your faith, ONE TIME.........and the result of that, is "born again".

This happens ONCE in your life.
ONCE, in your life, you gave God your faith in Christ, and God accepted it to give you "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
This happens once...ONE TIME>..........and on that day, in that instant, you become a born again, Son of God, redeemed, as a "NEW CREATION in Christ".

This is not repeated.
This is not something that end, or changes.
Salvation is Christ on the Cross, and God accepting THAT SACRIFICE on your behalf.

You dont WORK for that, and you dont work to keep it.
You RECEIVE it, as "the Gift of Salvation"..
After that, you live the life of a Disciple, and that is those works you do, and so forth.

Understand, those works are not your Salvation........ JESUS is your Salvaiton.
John 14:6

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation Comes by Jesus, alone. John 14:6

Ferris Bueller, ..You need to stop insulting the Cross with your "gospel of works".
And its best that you dont LIE and try to deny it, as you just preached your gosple of works AGAIN.
You don't understand what I'm saying. That's why you think I'm saying works convert a person.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith does not save you.
God saves you, through your faith, ONE TIME.........and the result of that, is "born again".
And if that really happened you will live a life of righteousness. If you don't live a life of righteousness, having no works, then God did not save you, 'through your faith, one time'. You just think that happened. This is the essential point, made plain in scripture, that the Freegrace/Hypergrace teachers do not grasp. Their misguided teaching has mislead countless people in the church in these end times.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it's important to define what one means by 'faith only'. What happens is 'faith only' means two different things to two different people and so they argue endlessly because neither is arguing the same point about 'faith only'. To one person 'faith only' means a person is converted on the basis of their faith all by itself, apart from the merit of their works. Meanwhile, to another person 'faith only' means having no works in daily living to accompany your faith. You can see these are two entirely different arguments. One of these 'faith only' arguments represents the true saving 'faith only' argument. The other does not.

Yes, good point.

This is the heart of the confusion.
Folks do not understand how the Bible defines saving faith.

If people could learn what faith is that saves.
Folks would stop believing that faith ONLY saves them.

I do have to correct here,

To one person 'faith only' means a person is converted on the basis of their faith all by itself, apart from the merit of their works

Yes, some think this is saving faith.
But true salvation has belief and works and never has works of merit.

Works of merit have no place in Jesus' gospel.
We never merit anything.

Meanwhile, to another person 'faith only' means having no works in daily living to accompany your faith. You can see these are two entirely different arguments

Yes, this group are the hyper grace folks.
Behold is one of them.
This group also does not understand what true Biblical saving faith is.

James made it the most simple to understand what saving faith is not.
It is never alone!
James 2:19.

Yet faith onlyist use the word alone.

The Bible never defines faith that saves as alone.
Folks need to give up this error.

Hebrews 11, one of the best reading in the new testament for understanding what Biblical saving faith is.

Notice, All those who died in faith in Hebrews 11.
All had obedience to Gods commandments!
Not one person is said to have been saved by belief only and doing nothing.

Faith needs to be understood
And works need to be understood

Once those two subjects are understood.
Them people can know how the gospel of Jesus Christ really saves us

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You don't understand what I'm saying. That's why you think I'm saying works convert a person.

In the 1.5 yrs im here, you have only taught one thing..

"i keep myself SAVED by my FAITH and by my WORKS".

You are here again saying the same thing.

You never ever once, not once, in the 1.5 yrs, im here talking to you about the CROSS..........do you ever say...>"Jesus gets me to Heaven".
You can't.
You can't say that, because YOUR GOSPEL is..>"here is what i have to do, so that i keep myself saved, ...see my works, and see my talking about my FAITH that i teach i have to keep or i lose my Salvation".

That is your Gospel, and i understood it 1.5 yrs ago when you first showed up on my 1st Thread that Gave Christ all credit for Salvation, and you started correcting the CROSS with your "works works works, + holding unto my Savior FAITH", theology.
I know your theology.
You've shown it to this forum hundreds of times, and you never ever mention THE CROSS, when you teach your idea of salvation.

So, do you want to talk about The Cross, now?
You are kinda late to that point of view, aren't you, Ferris Bueller?
And if you do mention the Cross, you'll then write another paragraph about works works works, and how faith must be kept or you lose salvation, .....etc.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are adding your filthy works, to the Cross, as a hybrid...."The Cross + My Works" = How i go to heaven......Legalistic gospel

Just keep ignoring all the conversions in the Bible that clearly teach man must DO something to be saved.

Acts 16:30,
-and he brought them out and said,
Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one person is said to have been saved by belief only and doing nothing.
You have to be careful how you say this. The more accurate way that won't be misunderstood is 'not one person is said to have been saved by belief only and then doing nothing commensurate with that belief'. The 'doing' of something having no role in converting a person, but merely being the evidence of the presence of saving faith in that person.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just keep ignoring all the conversions in the Bible that clearly teach man must DO something to be saved.

Yes, you must do the WORK of God.

"the WORK of God, is that you BELIEVE on Jesus, whom GOD sent".

I didnt ignore that verse, i completed it, and that is why i talk about the CROSS, while you talk about SELF EFFORT.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to be careful how you say this. The more accurate way that won't be misunderstood is 'not one person is said to have been saved by belief only and then doing nothing commensurate with that belief'. The 'doing' of something having no role in converting a person, but merely being the evidence of the presence of saving faith in that person.

Do nothing to be saved?
Friend read Acts 16:30

And please read Hebrews 11.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"i keep myself SAVED by my FAITH and by my WORKS".
No, lol. Works do not convert you or keep you converted.
And faith is the conduit through which the continuing intercession of Christ is applied to one's life. The end of faith in a person shuts off the intercessory ministry of Christ in salvation. Whether they ever really had faith or not is irrelevant. They are lost either way. They are in unbelief. And unbelievers do not inherit eternal life as much as Freegrace doctrine would like you to believe they do.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do nothing to be saved?
Friend read Acts 16:30

And please read Hebrews 11.
Yes, DO NOTHING but believe in order to be justified in God's sight. Just like Abraham our example. But to do nothing after you are justified by faith means you weren't really justified by faith. You just think you were.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you must do the WORK of God.

"the WORK of God, is that you BELIEVE on Jesus, whom GOD sent".

I didnt ignore that verse, i completed it, and that is why i talk about the CROSS, while you talk about SELF EFFORT.

Yes, but your gospel stops there.
Jesus' gospel, Mark 16:15-16

Also by you admitting you must do something ie believe
You just contradicted your doctrine of man does nothing to be saved

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, DO NOTHING but believe in order to be justified in God's sight. Just like Abraham our example. But to do nothing after you are justified by faith means you weren't really justified by faith. You just think you were.
Friend believing cannot be doing nothing

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And if that really happened you will live a life of righteousness.

If you are born again, you have never lived one day since, equal to, the sinlessness of Jesus.
So, dont lie, and what is worse, is, if in your own mind you think you have...
You have not.
In fact, every day since you were saved, if that is your case, you have committed a work of the flesh, in Thought, DEED, or Word.
And that is why you Confess your sin.
So, dont show up on My Thread pretending that you are living righteously, when in fact you confess sin.
And you still do.

The reality is......if you are born again, then God has given you His Righteousness, and that is because you have none, yourself.
All your "self righteousness" is exactly that..., and God does not accept what you do, or how you behave, as if you are worthy to be saved.
God only accepts the Sinlessness of the Holy One, as a sacrifice, on the Cross, to accept you, and yet, you want to keep talking about your own behavior, as if you are equal to the SINLESS Sacrifice of the Lord.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born again, you have never lived one day since, equal to, the sinlessness of Jesus.
So, dont lie, and what is worse, is, if in your own mind you think you have...
You have not.
In fact, every day since you were saved, if that is your case, you have committed a work of the flesh, in Thought, DEED, or Word.
And that is why you Confess your sin.
So, dont show up on My Thread pretending that you are living righteously, when in fact you confess sin.

The reality is......if you are born again, then God has give you His Righteousness, and that is because you have none, yourself.
All your "self righteousness" is exactly that..., and God does not accept what you do, or how you behave, as if you are worthy to be saved.
God only accepts the Sinlessness of the Holy One, as a sacrifice, on the Cross, to accept you, and yet, you want to keep talking about your own behavior, as if you are equal to this Sacrifice of the Lord.
No scripture

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, but your gospel stops there.

Paul is the apostle who gave us.>"The Gospel of the Grace of God".
This is the "preaching of the Cross".
This is..>"faith is counted as righteousness" "without works", Lest any person will BOAST and talk about their works as if God sees them as CLEAN.

Listen, THE CROSS is the "GOSPEL".

Full Stop.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Abraham was not saved by doing nothing,
Please read Hebrews 11

Abraham was given righteousness that comes by faith.
This is why the New Testament says that he is "the father of our faith".
He was "Justified by faith, without works".

The born again, are not justified by works, we are "saved by Grace through faith". "this is the GIFT of God".
"Salvation is a Gift"

You dont work for a Gift.
You only receive a Gift.