How to recognize a real Teacher... Pt 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, that is not the reason why I place some things in larger letters. I do that for emphasis. It is how I have always quoted the scriptures, since I started doing so.
Well as you see, I never do, I dont need to, and it is not for emphasis, but to drive home your opinion. I doubt Jesus ever yelled at anyone, except maybe at the market. He didnt need to, to make a point.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're saying that genuine faith will stand when tested.
Yes I am.

Here is from Young's Literal Translation:

1 Peter 1
6 in which ye are glad, a little now, if it be necessary, being made to sorrow in manifold trials,
7 that the proof of your faith -- much more precious than of gold that is perishing, and through fire being approved -- may be found to praise, and honour, and glory, in the revelation of Jesus Christ,

Through fire being approved.

The New Living Translation . . .

6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. 7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

And, the NASB . . .

6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Romans 5, from Holman . . .

3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. 5 This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Affliction produces endurance, and a proven character, and hope, and all this works this way because God's love have been outpoured into our hearts.

Much love!

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as you see, I never do, I dont need to, and it is not for emphasis, but to drive home your opinion. I doubt Jesus ever yelled at anyone, except maybe at the market. He didnt need to, to make a point.
Yes, to drive home my opinion. That is why I emphasize certain things in God's word when I quote it.

I do believe that Jesus emphasized certain doctrines; and you do not know that He never raised His voice, ever.

But, while I know that some perceive larger letters as yelling, I do not. I consider that putting things in larger letters is simply the most effective way of making my point when quoting scripture (it would be more complicated to put things in different colors; an effort that I have tried in the past but turned out to be too tedious for me).

I do consider putting things IN CAPITAL LETTERS as yelling.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 14:19, 2 Corinthians 12:1-6.
It says they were supposing he was dead. But, none the less, I have never seen anyone interpreting those passages as him ACTUALLY being dead.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God has never lied to me...neither in Person nor in His word (yes, I mean the Bible).
No God never lies but as I said, men make Him out to be all the time, a bit like that post about trump using the bible as a prop, well christians do it all the time, " I quote the bible so you must listen to me", so does the devil, we only need to hear Jesus.

My Sheep hear my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow. or as

Act_19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only when people make statements about Scripture or the Church that aren't true.
Dude...it wasn't necessarily an untruth...but you seem to want to accuse everyone here of being liars.

I am not going to help you, therefore, when the devil accuses you of the very same thing on your day of judgment.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude...it wasn't necessarily an untruth...but you seem to want to accuse everyone here of being liars.

I am not going to help you, therefore, when the devil accuses you of the very same thing on your day of judgment.
To YOU, the truth is interchangeable - that's what makes you a moral relativist.

Declaring a Biblical truth is NOT the same as stating an opinion about what might have transpired. To state as a matter of fact that Paul was "murdered", then "came back" is NOT a Biblical truth. It's an opinion - an educated guess, at best. Learn the difference.

It's htis kind of relativism that spawned tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach contradicting doctrines yet ALL claim to have been "led" by the Holy Spirit to this confusion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To YOU, the truth is interchangeable - that's what makes you a moral relativist.

Declaring a Biblical truth is NOT the same as stating an opinion about what might have transpired. To state as a matter of fact that Paul was "murdered", then "came back" is NOT a Biblical truth. It's an opinion - an educated guess, at best. Learn the difference.

It's htis kind of relativism that spawned tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach contradicting doctrines yet ALL claim to have been "led" by the Holy Spirit to this confusion.
You continue to take on the nature and employment of the accuser, I see.

You have learned nothing from our exchanges.

No, to me, the truth is not interchangeable. That is another lie coming from you. I am no moral relativist.

I never said that the doctrines in question were not based on an educated guess.

Just drop it.

I have said that it is not a salvation issue and I feel that I should have never engaged you on the subject because I was answering for @Behold anyway. So, this is what I get for loving my enemies.

You should consider that the reason why there are so many "splintering sects" is because mankind is sinful and also wants to have his own way and to preach his own beliefs. And you ought to consider that this problem with humanity may have entered in to the doctrines of the Catholic Church, so that the priests who dictate to you the Catechism and other things are all infected by sin and are not infallible. I know that you have a doctrine that teaches that the Pope is infallible; however, Peter messed up and Paul called him on it in Galatians 2:11-16. So if Peter was the first Pope, the Popes are not infallible.

And also, what the priests teach to you in your Catechisms are not infallible. And they can be misinterpreted just as you say the Bible can be misinterpreted. So, you may have many splintering beliefs within Catholicism and not even know it. I know that there are many Catholics who have differing viewpoints on a number of issues.

But the unity of the faith has to do with being in surrender to the true teaching of holy scripture. And there are splintering groups because not everyone wants to submit to that...so they come up with heresies to fit their own concepts of who they want God to be.

The Catholic Church is not innocent in this. Diotrephetic practice ran rampant in the Catholic Church in the days of the inquisition; also before and after. And Martin Luther had a valid case against the Catholic Church because of their indulgences.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to take on the nature and employment of the accuser, I see.
You have learned nothing from our exchanges.

No, to me, the truth is not interchangeable. That is another lie coming from you. I am no moral relativist.

I never said that the doctrines in question were not based on an educated guess.

Just drop it.

I have said that it is not a salvation issue and I feel that I should have never engaged you on the subject because I was answering for @Behold anyway. So, this is what I get for loving my enemies.

You should consider that the reason why there are so many "splintering sects" is because mankind is sinful and also wants to have his own way and to preach his own beliefs. And you ought to consider that this problem with humanity may have entered in to the doctrines of the Catholic Church, so that the priests who dictate to you the Catechism and other things are all infected by sin and are not infallible. I know that you have a doctrine that teaches that the Pope is infallible; however, Peter messed up and Paul called him on it in Galatians 2:11-16. So if Peter was the first Pope, the Popes are not infallible.

And also, what the priests teach to you in your Catechisms are not infallible. And they can be misinterpreted just as you say the Bible can be misinterpreted. So, you may have many splintering beliefs within Catholicism and not even know it. I know that there are many Catholics who have differing viewpoints on a number of issues.

But the unity of the faith has to do with being in surrender to the true teaching of holy scripture. And there are splintering groups because not everyone wants to submit to that...so they come up with heresies to fit their own concepts of who they want God to be.

The Catholic Church is not innocent in this. Diotrephetic practice ran rampant in the Catholic Church in the days of the inquisition; also before and after. And Martin Luther had a valid case against the Catholic Church because of their indulgences.
You bring up a lot of irrelevant points to mask your relativism, such as the Inquisitions and Indulgences.
Those are discussions that we can have - but have nothing to do with what we are talking about.

The point here is that a matter-of-fact statement was made about 2 passages pf Scripture - and I pointed out that it was a matter of opinion - not fact. You have a problem with that, which shows that absolute truth doesn't mean much to you - and that is textbook relativism . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bring up a lot of irrelevant points to mask your relativism, such as the Inquisitions and Indulgences.
Those are discussions that we can have - but have nothing to do with what we are talking about.

The point here is that a matter-of-fact statement was made about 2 passages pf Scripture - and I pointed out that it was a matter of opinion - not fact. You have a problem with that, which shows that absolute truth doesn't mean much to you - and that is textbook relativism . . .
Friend, I did not say that it was a matter of fact. It is just fine with me if you consider it to be only an opinion.

It is such a peripheral issue that I am content to have you believe what you want on the matter.

But you take on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren when you accuse me of being a moral relativist. You have no real basis for saying so.

So, if you want to accuse me on this issue, leave it for the day of judgment.

It is written,

1Co 4:5, Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

I will let Jesus be my defender. For He is my Advocate with the Father.

And, I also have not sinned against you.

Why then are you pressing the issue of this thing when it is not the truth?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, I did not say that it was a matter of fact. It is just fine with me if you consider it to be only an opinion.

It is such a peripheral issue that I am content to have you believe what you want on the matter.

But you take on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren when you accuse me of being a moral relativist. You have no real basis for saying so.

So, if you want to accuse me on this issue, leave it for the day of judgment.

It is written,

1Co 4:5, Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

I will let Jesus be my defender. For He is my Advocate with the Father.

And, I also have not sinned against you.

Why then are you pressing the issue of this thing when it is not the truth?
Just like you to be so dramatic.

First of all - I never accused you of anything until you butted in to a conversation that had nothing to do with you. I was commenting on somebody else's post and YOU came to their defense. Naturally, then, my response would then be to YOU - get it?
This IS, after all a thread about false teachers.

If you don't want to be lumped in with the offending post - then mind your own business.
Otherwise - take your medicine . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that the Lord will give you a taste of your own medicine...

I simply had an answer for the question that was biblical...

And you, like always, went on the offensive to make your point.

One of these days that is going to reach up and smack you in the face.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - I never accused you of anything until you butted in to a conversation that had nothing to do with you.

That is an incredible lie, yet again (you should not have used the word never. Using that word makes your statement a lie. And you even put it in bold....which makes it a bold-faced lie.)

You accused me of lying in another thread (and there was no "butting in" done by me in that thread); and then, when I had defended myself adequately, you persisted in accusing me until I finally decided to agree with my adversary like Jesus said to do in Matthew chapter 5.

I know that it is in your "love language" to lambast people and to try to call them out on their sins.

I really think that you need to get another "love language".

I assume that you also take me to be loving you in that I am calling you out on your lie in the post that I have quoted above; since lambasting other people is your "love language".

I will be loving you supremely in any posts by you where I see you to be doing any kind of wrong.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I brought those things up not to mask anything...

But I was merely responding to the statement below...