How to recognize a real Teacher... Pt 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which shows that absolute truth doesn't mean much to you - and that is textbook relativism . . .
Another lying accusation.

Absolute truth means everything to me....that is why I preach the word of the Lord.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an incredible lie, yet again (you should not have used the word never. Using that word makes your statement a lie. And you even put it in bold....which makes it a bold-faced lie.)

You accused me of lying in another thread (and there was no "butting in" done by me in that thread); and then, when I had defended myself adequately, you persisted in accusing me until I finally decided to agree with my adversary like Jesus said to do in Matthew chapter 5.

I know that it is in your "love language" to lambast people and to try to call them out on their sins.

I really think that you need to get another "love language".

I assume that you also take me to be loving you in that I am calling you out on your lie in the post that I have quoted above; since lambasting other people is your "love language".

I will be loving you supremely in any posts by you where I see you to be doing any kind of wrong.
And there you go, starting up with your lies again.

Let's review . . .
In post #204, I responded to the OP - another person who is NOT you.
In post #208 - YOU responded, to which I replied in post #209.
Then, in post #211 - you again responded and have been responding ever since.

My point here is that if you are going to butt in on a conversation that has nothing to do with YOU - then be prepared to take your medicine when you take a flawed position.
If that is "too much" for you to handle - then maybe a discussion/debate forum is NOT the best place for you to be spending your time . . .
Another lying accusation.
Absolute truth means everything to me....that is why I preach the word of the Lord.
Ummmmm, I guess that's why you defended a position that was pure opinion and NOT absolute Scriptural truth . . .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hesitate to post on this thread because I haven't had the time to read and digest it all. But I feel that I must say at least this much. I would caution against following a teacher other than Jesus Christ himself. Nothing a teacher might say concerning the Christian faith will be original to that teacher and anything original to that teacher isn't something that Christ taught. In light of that, our best course is to adopt an ethic of reading or listening whereby one is not immediately dismissive or skeptical of the author/speaker.

Being a sympathetic reader does not mean that we avoid critical thinking, nor does it mean that we necessarily agree with the author's claims. But we simply allow the teacher to present his or her ideas, asking these three questions, "What has the person said? What does the person mean by what he or she said? And is it true?" With Jesus, we already know the answer to question three. But with regard to each other, let's at least answer the first two questions, attempting to come to a real understanding of the other person before we become dismissive or confrontational.

To the degree that the teaching aligns with what Jesus taught, to that degree we can trust it. To the degree that it misses the mark, we respectfully disagree or simply say nothing. Remember, speak to the idea, not the person.

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember, speak to the idea, not the person.
This is generally applicable. But when a false *teacher* repeatedly presents false ideas in spite of being told that they are false, then that person must be soundly rebuked and exposed as a wolf.

Reactions: marksman

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your thoughtful response. I agree with your general principle that false teaching needs to be answered.

Aren't counter arguments the preferred method?
P.S. I understand the "wolf" concept in a church setting, but on a discussion board where no authorities exist and no one is obligated to believe or obey the alleged false teacher? Hmm. I'll have to think about that one.

If someone in were to stop me on the street and ask me the topic question, "How do you spot a false teacher?" I would say first of all, spend a week with a man to see how he treats people. Is he quick to anger? Dismissive? Impatient? Indulgent? Presumptive? Does he mix his teaching with a pretentious attitude?

It's a bit counter-intuitive, but it would appear that whenever the Bible talks about a man who brings incorrect or false information, he is labeled a false prophet; but false teachers are those who teach correct doctrine but don't live as if they believe it.

What have you observed?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did I lie this time? State the lie and the nature of the lie.
When you made this accusation:
"That is an incredible lie, yet again."

It was in response to my statement: "First of all - I never accused you of anything until you butted in to a conversation that had nothing to do with you."

Once again - butt out of conversations that have nothing to do with you - or take your medicine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you made this accusation:
"That is an incredible lie, yet again."

It was in response to my statement: "First of all - I never accused you of anything until you butted in to a conversation that had nothing to do with you."

Once again - butt out of conversations that have nothing to do with you - or take your medicine.

That word never made your statement into a lie...as I explained to you previously...so what I said to you was no lie.

Time for you to take your medicine...

You accused me of lying in another thread (and there was no "butting in" done by me in that thread); and then, when I had defended myself adequately, you persisted in accusing me until I finally decided to agree with my adversary like Jesus said to do in Matthew chapter 5.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That word never made your statement into a lie...as I explained to you previously...so what I said to you was no lie.

Time for you to take your medicine...
And the whole point of this asinine exchange is that you're "upset" with me because I nailed you on a false claim you were defending about the Apostle Paul.

You've got some pride issues . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the whole point of this asinine exchange is that you're "upset" with me because I nailed you on a false claim you were defending about the Apostle Paul.

You've got some pride issues . . .
No, actually I was getting revenge over the fact that you accused me of lying about two to three weeks ago and made a huge deal about it, and would not let up.

I have been merely answering a fool according to his folly. Consider:

Pro 26:4, Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Pro 26:5, Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

I have given you a taste of your own medicine...

In doing so, it could not fail that I had to become like you in some regard...

But it is better for you that I become as a fool than that you should continue to be wise in your own eyes...for scripture declares:

Pro 26:12, Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Therefore the only response of love would be to humble myself and become as a fool in order that you might not be wise in your own conceit.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually I was getting revenge over the fact that you accused me of lying about two to three weeks ago and made a huge deal about it, and would not let up.
Get help . . .

Lev.19:18
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Reactions: Marymog

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get help . . .

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
Oh, I sinned...

How long did it take for you to find that verse?

You are simply a finger-pointer and I knew that you would find some verse to condemn my behaviour; because that is who you are as a person...a condemner and an accuser.

But in condemning and accusing, you will always have three fingers pointing back at you...for scripture teaches, in Matthew 7:1-5, and in Luke 6:41-42, that people who condemn are really only trying to cover up deep problems within themselves by pointing out the sins in others. They think that if the focus is on the other man's sins, that their own sins will never be in the forefront. This principle is also found in the beginning of Romans 2.

I would suggest taking the time to apply scripture to your own life before judging and condemning others.

And, btw, did you not know that in dealing with you the way that i did, I was in fact loving you (my neighbor) as myself? For I was showing you love according to your own love language.

And also, in answering you according to your folly, I was in fact humbling myself to be as a fool in order that you might not be wise in your own conceit.

So, that is love.

But I used those words ("getting revenge") specifically, to test you to see if you would do as I thought you would...which would be to condemn and accuse rather than be loving according to a normal person's love language.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I sinned...

How long did it take for you to find that verse?

You are simply a finger-pointer and I knew that you would find some verse to condemn my behaviour; because that is who you are as a person...a condemner and an accuser.

But in condemning and accusing, you will always have three fingers pointing back at you...for scripture teaches, in Matthew 7:1-5, and in Luke 6:41-42, that people who condemn are really only trying to cover up deep problems within themselves by pointing out the sins in others. They think that if the focus is on the other man's sins, that their own sins will never be in the forefront. This principle is also found in the beginning of Romans 2.

I would suggest taking the time to apply scripture to your own life before judging and condemning others.

And, btw, did you not know that in dealing with you the way that i did, I was in fact loving you (my neighbor) as myself? For I was showing you love according to your own love language.

And also, in answering you according to your folly, I was in fact humbling myself to be as a fool in order that you might not be wise in your own conceit.

So, that is love.

But I used those words ("getting revenge") specifically, to test you to see if you would do as I thought you would...which would be to condemn and accuse rather than be loving according to a normal person's love language.
And as I’ve pointed out to you at LEAST a dozen times – I’ve never “condemned” you or anybody else on this forum. I simply hold you accountable for what you say. Condemning is something GOD does.

I have no power to condemn you – so enough with the dramatics already . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as I’ve pointed out to you at LEAST a dozen times – I’ve never “condemned” you or anybody else on this forum. I simply hold you accountable for what you say. Condemning is something GOD does.

I have no power to condemn you – so enough with the dramatics already . . .
Keep trying to excuse yourself on your day of judgment...see how that works for you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get help . . .

A better scripture on this is Romans 12:

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20, Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

So, I agree that it is not my place to seek revenge concerning what you have done to me. The Lord will take care of it.

It is my duty rather to give you bread to eat when you are hungry.

I believe that you are starving for the word and don't even realize it.

So I will feed you. I have written a commentary on Romans that will be a feast for your soul if you desire to partake of the benefit of it (at the time of this writing it is not finished but stops short at Romans 10:7).

Commentary on Romans.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep trying to excuse yourself on your day of judgment...see how that works for you.

Rom 12:19, Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20, Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

So, I agree that it is not my place to seek revenge concerning what you have done to me. The Lord will take care of it.

So I will feed you. I have written a commentary on Romans that will be a feast for your soul if you desire to partake of the benefit of it (at the time of this writing it is not finished but stops short at Romans 10:7).

Commentary on Romans.

Commentary on Romans.
Like I said before - you have some serious pride issues . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like i said before...I have been answering you according to your folly....and you have three fingers pointing back at you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like i said before...I have been answering you according to your folly....and you have three fingers pointing back at you.
Thank you for once again proving my point.
You can have the last word . . .