How to understand... The Lamb's book of life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was suspicious TTF, you're sounding radical. The minute that I hear someone equate their personal interpretations and opinions, as equivalent to God's Word, I know that they're not to be taken seriously. You seem to qualify right now.
Especially for the fact that after about 5 or so posts, you have yet to explain HOW God saves. And this did not even occur to you. ...which is why we've been going in circles for so long.
Where did I equate?

How did God bring about a need for Salvation? You keep asking, "How?".

If Atonement is not the answer, then you tell me how. I gave you the answer and you keep rejecting the answer.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where did I equate?

How did God bring about a need for Salvation? You keep asking, "How?".

If Atonement is not the answer, then you tell me how. I gave you the answer and you keep rejecting the answer.
You equate your opinions with Scripture by stating, I don't adhere to man-made doctrines, only as to what the Bible teaches. For one, even Benny Hinn can make such an unqualified claim. And two, every Bible student is attempting to abide by, and rightly divide God's Word. No serious person claims to have it down. Therefore, by you rejecting any principle or tenet, from any other denomination, by claiming that it's man-made, and that you only subscribe to the Truth, makes it appear that you actually know the difference, unequivocally. Enough on that matter.

Again, yes, Atonement is the answer, every monkey knows that, but not every single person under the sun attains it. So, therefore, why the heck is it taking so long for you to expound on your flippin' understanding of Atonement?
I believe that no one has their name in the BOL, until they confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour (please don't make me have to explain all the implications of this). I believe that once saved, one can lose their faith. Once lost, can they regain it, not that I'm aware of.
You can't be saved unless the Gospel of Christ is preached, and then you have to understand it, believe and confess it. And only when one dies, or Christ returns, will we know the status of one's salvation (because, again, one can lose it before that time).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You equate your opinions with Scripture by stating, I don't adhere to man-made doctrines, only as to what the Bible teaches. For one, even Benny Hinn can make such an unqualified claim. And two, every Bible student is attempting to abide by, and rightly divide God's Word. No serious person claims to have it down. Therefore, by you rejecting any principle or tenet, from any other denomination, by claiming that it's man-made, and that you only subscribe to the Truth, makes it appear that you actually know the difference, unequivocally. Enough on that matter.

Again, yes, Atonement is the answer, every monkey knows that, but not every single person under the sun attains it. So, therefore, why the heck is it taking so long for you to expound on your flippin' understanding of Atonement?
I believe that no one has their name in the BOL, until they confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour (please don't make me have to explain all the implications of this). I believe that once saved, one can lose their faith. Once lost, can they regain it, not that I'm aware of.
You can't be saved unless the Gospel of Christ is preached, and then you have to understand it, believe and confess it. And only when one dies, or Christ returns, will we know the status of one's salvation (because, again, one can lose it before that time).
Perhaps the point where no one has their name in the book of life, even though God says all names start out before creation in the book of life is the key to figuring out how the Atonement works?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We use this term, "Day of Redemption", but do will truly know what it says?

It is both a single day in history, and at any point in one's individual life.

Being sealed by the Holy Spirit does not happen on the Day of Redemption.

It clearly states "until the day".

Sorry for those who do not want to see this.

There is only one point in any individual's life where they are sealed. It is both when their name was put into the Lamb's book of life at the beginning of creation and when a human is conceived in the womb physically. No ifs, ands, or objections.

The Day of Redemption was when Jesus died on the Cross. That act is worked out in our lives, when we finally turn from ourselves and accept Jesus' Atonement as the only means of our salvation.
I fully understand our need to be born again of His Holy Spirit, for without Him being permanently within a professing Christian, they "are none of His". Romans 8:9.
No one is " born again" at physical birth!!
In fact, Jesus said in John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

No one is "saved" in the day of their physical birth. NO ONE!!
We ALL MUST BE born again NOW, in order to enter into the KoG, NOW!!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How can I overcome a habitual sin? | GotQuestions.org

Question: "How can I overcome a habitual sin?"

Answer:
The first thing to consider in how to overcome habitual sin is to note the change, or transformation, that takes place when a person is saved. The Bible describes the natural man as “dead in sin and trespasses” (Ephesians 2:1).

As a result of Adam’s fall into sin, man is born spiritually dead. In this state of spiritual death, man is unable and unwilling to follow and obey God and habitual sin naturally follows."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully understand our need to be born again of His Holy Spirit, for without Him being permanently within a professing Christian, they "are none of His". Romans 8:9.
No one is " born again" at physical birth!!
In fact, Jesus said in John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

No one is "saved" in the day of their physical birth. NO ONE!!
We ALL MUST BE born again NOW, in order to enter into the KoG, NOW!!
The day of redemption (for each individual) is the day they decide. The seal of the Holy Spirit is constant, not a human whim.

It is there from conception to physical death.

How we use it is our decision.

Now can we keep killing Christ over and over with our decisions one way or the other?

Don't be silly. In fact stop interpretating and forming doctrine where it is not needed.

How many times have you yourself figured out your own day of redemption? Which one counted?

It does not matter. Either all of them counted or none of them counted.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps the point where no one has their name in the book of life, even though God says all names start out before creation in the book of life is the key to figuring out how the Atonement works?
You're evasive, ...you don't know what you're talking about.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day of redemption (for each individual) is the day they decide. The seal of the Holy Spirit is constant, not a human whim.

It is there from conception to physical death.

How we use it is our decision.

Now can we keep killing Christ over and over with our decisions one way or the other?

Don't be silly. In fact stop interpretating and forming doctrine where it is not needed.

How many times have you yourself figured out your own day of redemption? Which one counted?

It does not matter. Either all of them counted or none of them counted.
Jesus said in John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

At physical birth, no one is a believer in Christ! All are physically born condemned.
Therefore, everyone who remains in the state of unbelief upto their death, also remains to be "condemned already" .

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said in John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

At physical birth, no one is a believer in Christ! All are physically born condemned.
Therefore, everyone who remains in the state of unbelief upto their death, also remains to be "condemned already" .
Yes, like in Ephesians - we all were once condemned with the sons of disobedience throughout the world.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of disobedience include all who approve of sin, including tats.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi; .... hence the need for the new birth.

Reactions: Earburner

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one born again proceeds to wilfully or willingly engage in such sin continually, such as abortion or tats or greed or adultery , nor idolatry nor islamic religion.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Condemnation started when Adam sinned, not every birth after.

If you are a descendant of Adam, you are condemned.

That does not change the fact the Holy Spirit seals one who is already condemned.

You are trying to change what being sealed means. Being sealed is not the same as being redeemed. We are sealed unto the day of redemption, not on the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit is always with us, and did come to one particular group on one particular day. After that the Spirit appears to all humankind equally with no respector of persons. 2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some people think of slowness; on the contrary, he is patient with you; for it is not his purpose that anyone should be destroyed, but that everyone should turn from his sins."