How to understand... The Lamb's book of life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wrote every name of every human who ever lived from day 6 to the last day of this world.

Agree.
Further distinguishing:
A Human:
procreated from a humans SEED, received A Soul, from God Breath, that human, is entered into Gods Book of Life.

Everyone has a chance at salvation.

Agree.
Further distinguishing:
Once a Human is procreated from a humans SEED, and received Gods Breath of Life (via receiving a SOUL), that human:
IS called:
Fleshly born in sin, a living individual, mortal and SUBJECT TO death.
The soul in the FLESH Body, is Subject to:
Becoming Subject to the sin of the Flesh Body.
Through Gods Word, being received by the FLESH Body;
The Soul has opportunity;
To become Saved (restored).
The Body still Shall Die;
YET;
The Body has opportunity to Become Raised in an immortal body.

God created us as Sons of God, just because Adam disobeyed, does not change that fact. 2 Peter 3:9

Disagree.
God created humans...GIVES them Life from Him Via a Living SOUL...
^ called Gods Children.
Jesus is the ONLY, begotten Son of God, (meaning Only Jesus...(Gods WORD), came forth out from God).
Humans...are offered to become, Adopted sons of God...
BY Receiving and Accepting Gods Word (Jesus), as the humans OWN individual personal Truth.
( That ^ triggers the individual Receiving of;
A Spiritual Bodily death, (cleansing, Sanctification), A restoration (Saving) of his SOUL), a QUICKENING ( of his spirit), by receiving Gods SEED (Christ), effecting the individuals Born Again Spirit.)
THEN, is that individual Called, an "Adopted" "son" (not Son), of God.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some people think of slowness; on the contrary, he is patient with you; for it is not his purpose that anyone should be destroyed, but that everyone should turn from his sins."

Agree.
God is NOT Constrained by measures of Time.
Humans are. Humans may live a day or a hundred years (both relatively short periods of Time, established FOR humans).
And IF and when ANY Individual freely chooses Christ as Their Truth; He is QUICK to Forgive, Save and Rebirth that individual with His SEED, and everlasting Life, With God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very weak TTF. Very, very, weak.
Actually, so what if weak, even very very weak?

You yourself posted in the past month some things that openly and directly contradict Scripture fully,
so
even a weak, youngster, new in Christ, who reads the Bible and is Granted Understanding by the Father in heaven
can see your disobedience in your posts, as you yourself posted openly some time or times ago.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is that there are seven church congregation, represented in the book of Revelation as seven Asian churches...

1. Messianic
2. Martyr
3. Orthdox
4. Catholic
5. Protestant
6. Revived
7. Charismatic

All saved, but all very much different.

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct, and if this is not the Lambs Book of Life, why all the ado?

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this interpretation is not correct, and if this is not the Lambs Book of Life, why all the ado?
What "ado", with the incorrect rendering of the Scripture from the Book Revelation ? Unpermitted to interpret. (Does not God say it is not permitted to interpret that way?

The common understanding from the world, from the false teachings, requires much much different from Scripture Truth, and so it is.

The correct truthful understanding , in line with all Scripture, is not at all common, nor understood , by the world or most groups.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.
Further distinguishing:
A Human:
procreated from a humans SEED, received A Soul, from God Breath, that human, is entered into Gods Book of Life.

Agree.
Further distinguishing:
Once a Human is procreated from a humans SEED, and received Gods Breath of Life (via receiving a SOUL), that human:
IS called:
Fleshly born in sin, a living individual, mortal and SUBJECT TO death.
The soul in the FLESH Body, is Subject to:
Becoming Subject to the sin of the Flesh Body.
Through Gods Word, being received by the FLESH Body;
The Soul has opportunity;
To become Saved (restored).
The Body still Shall Die;
YET;
The Body has opportunity to Become Raised in an immortal body.

Disagree.
God created humans...GIVES them Life from Him Via a Living SOUL...
^ called Gods Children.
Jesus is the ONLY, begotten Son of God, (meaning Only Jesus...(Gods WORD), came forth out from God).
Humans...are offered to become, Adopted sons of God...
BY Receiving and Accepting Gods Word (Jesus), as the humans OWN individual personal Truth.
( That ^ triggers the individual Receiving of;
A Spiritual Bodily death, (cleansing, Sanctification), A restoration (Saving) of his SOUL), a QUICKENING ( of his spirit), by receiving Gods SEED (Christ), effecting the individuals Born Again Spirit.)
THEN, is that individual Called, an "Adopted" "son" (not Son), of God.

Agree.
God is NOT Constrained by measures of Time.
Humans are. Humans may live a day or a hundred years (both relatively short periods of Time, established FOR humans).
And IF and when ANY Individual freely chooses Christ as Their Truth; He is QUICK to Forgive, Save and Rebirth that individual with His SEED, and everlasting Life, With God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Except for the point when Jesus died, the Lamb slain, even before creation started, thus all names written at that time.

Biological conception is not a magic pen that writes our name down. You say God did when you say God did. GOD tells you in God's word when God did the writing.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is that there are seven church congregation, represented in the book of Revelation as seven Asian churches...

1. Messianic
2. Martyr
3. Orthdox
4. Catholic
5. Protestant
6. Revived
7. Charismatic

All saved, but all very much different.

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png
Good point. The Lamb's book of life was written in before the heavens and earth were created. It was sealed until the end of the church age. That was last October. Two seals have been opened. So nothing has been removed nor added, because the last seal has not been opened.

Reactions: rockytopva

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condemnation started when Adam sinned, not every birth after.

If you are a descendant of Adam, you are condemned.

That does not change the fact the Holy Spirit seals one who is already condemned.

You are trying to change what being sealed means. Being sealed is not the same as being redeemed. We are sealed unto the day of redemption, not on the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit is always with us, and did come to one particular group on one particular day. After that the Spirit appears to all humankind equally with no respector of persons. 2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some people think of slowness; on the contrary, he is patient with you; for it is not his purpose that anyone should be destroyed, but that everyone should turn from his sins."
Now the question to you:
Since you and all are physically born condemned, when did the Holy Spirit of God come upon you, THROUGH YOUR FAITH in Jesus, so that you would be confirmed by faith, that you are NO LONGER condemned to eternal death?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the question to you:
Since you and all are physically born condemned, when did the Holy Spirit of God come upon you, THROUGH YOUR FAITH in Jesus, so that you would be confirmed by faith, that you are NO LONGER condemned to eternal death?
The Holy Spirit seals at the point of conception. It is not our choice. But God's.

Satan can only condemn after birth. God seals us at least 9 months, before Satan can condemn us. Abortion is a sin. But God even takes an act of sin and turns it into good. Billions of aborted lives are God's and never will be Satan's. But should we abort, because of the Good, God forbids us to do so.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for the point when Jesus died, the Lamb slain, even before creation started, thus all names written at that time.

Biological conception is not a magic pen that writes our name down. You say God did when you say God did. GOD tells you in God's word when God did the writing.
Not quite, for either side.
God does as He Pleases, no matter what you post or believe.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
been reading a few of the comments here in the topic.
#1. any books written is not for God but for man, you and I. for it is for a witness without a doubt. scripture,
Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Malachi 3:18 "Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

well there are names added, and God must not have finish making up his jewels. for our Brother and Captain Cornelius name was added. supportive scripture, Acts 10:1 "There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Acts 10:3 "He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
Acts 10:4 "And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God".
here the Greek term memorial is:
G3422 μνημόσυνον mnemosunon (mnee-mo-sï '-non) n.
a reminder (memorandum), i.e. record.
[from G3421]
KJV: memorial
Root(s): G3421

now going back to Malachi 3:16, the Hebrew term remembrance: as in the book of remembrance is
H2146 זִכרוֹן zikrown (zik-rone') n-m.
a memento (or memorable thing, day or writing).
[from H2142]
KJV: memorial, record.
Root(s): H2142 BINGO, it's the same thing "memorial".

so, from judging what was said in Malachi 3 our brother Cornelius came up before God in his making up his jewels. for brother Cornelius feared God, and he and his whole HOUSEHOLD was delievered, (their names added). and as a matter of fact he recieved the Holy Ghost before he was water baptized. for God gave the Spirit to him before... baptism. and as said he came up before God as a ..... "memorial", or remembrance of God.

PICJAG.

Pretty awesome stuff 101!

Reactions: Joseph77

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, in the name of the Lord Jesus, you might want to keep these scriptures, Malachi 3:16 & 17 and Acts 10:1-4 as a cross reference for future studies.

Be blessed, and keep on studying.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, in the name of the Lord Jesus, you might want to keep these scriptures, Malachi 3:16 & 17 and Acts 10:1-4 as a cross reference for future studies.

Be blessed, and keep on studying.

PICJAG.

Thank you 101, I will put them in a note pad for further study. God bless yourself as well :)

Reactions: 101G

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, so what if weak, even very very weak?

You yourself posted in the past month some things that openly and directly contradict Scripture fully,
so
even a weak, youngster, new in Christ, who reads the Bible and is Granted Understanding by the Father in heaven
can see your disobedience in your posts, as you yourself posted openly some time or times ago.
I meant that his arguments were extremely weak. If he wants to contend or support a position he must, first of all, divulge his own, and secondly, explain it. I offered my understanding of salvation several times, and he continued to attempt to refute my position with just an ambiguous and obfuscating remark. And then told me, that I have no idea of what I am talking about.
I call that an extremely weak stance, and defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant that his arguments were extremely weak. If he wants to contend or support a position he must, first of all, divulge his own, and secondly, explain it. I offered my understanding of salvation several times, and he continued to attempt to refute my position with just an ambiguous and obfuscating remark. And then told me that I have no idea of what I am talking about.
Where is one supposed to go when backed into a logical corner? A mirror does not hide the truth.

It is pure reading comprehension, not some hardened heart and man made mind game.

If a doctrine of man does not fit reality, it needs to be burned up with the tares.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant that his arguments were extremely weak. If he wants to contend or support a position he must, first of all, divulge his own, and secondly, explain it. I offered my understanding of salvation several times, and he continued to attempt to refute my position with just an ambiguous and obfuscating remark. And then told me that I have no idea of what I am talking about.
OR,
as God's Word Says Clearly - "a little child shall lead them" (people today who need led God's Way).....

not with persuasive words, not with (false) human wisdom or what is falsely called knowledge....

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture do you use to support your theory, that people are born of the Holy Spirit before they are physically born of flesh?
The point about the Holy Spirit coming at a certain point of time (in a persons life) has been wrongly represented.

Humans wait and wait and wait. They pray confess, pray confess over and over and nothing happens. They then ask, why did the Holy Spirit not come visit me today?

We have been taught wrong. The Holy Spirit has always been in you waiting for you to obey God, the mind tells us it just can't happen yet, because we are told to wait.

So while you are waiting, and the Holy Spirit is waiting for the same thing, your whole life passes by. The Holy Spirit has been the only one doing the work when you obeyed God, even if you missed it. We cannot "do God". It was God and the Holy Spirit all the time.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is one supposed to go when backed into a logical corner? A mirror does not hide the truth.

It is pure reading comprehension, not some hardened heart and man made mind game.

If a doctrine of man does not fit reality, it needs to be burned up with the tares.
I asked you a simple question, and look what I get?

Reactions: Taken