Howdy all, an atheist here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theophage

Oct 5, 2008
Hello everyone, my name is Daniel, but I go by the handle Theophage. Call me which ever you'd like.As the title says, I am an atheist, which means that I lack a belief in any kind of God. Additionally, I am what is known as a "strong" atheist, which means that I hold the belief that a God does not exist. It is a subtle difference, but a difference nevertheless. My intention here is not to argue for atheism or against Christianity; I'm sure most of you aren't interested in that. But I am going to start a thread in the non-Christian forum titled "Ask an Atheist" where you can ask me whatever questions you might have (like "What is wrong with you man!) and I'll answer them honestly. I'll add the link to that thread in a post here once I've created it. If no one is interested in asking any questions, the thread will fall off the bottom of the page and die a quiet death.Here's a little info about me: I am male, white, 40 years old, and I've been married for almost 20 years now (our anniversary is in November) to my wife who is also an atheist. We have three children: a 20 year old daughter, a 16 year old daughter and a (surprise!) 4 year old son. Even though my wife and I talk openly of our beliefs to our children, we encourage them to decide for themselves what they believe. Of my two daughters, my older one is a non-believer like us, but my younger one is not.I grew up in Michigan (Battle Creek to be specific), but after doing intelligence training for the Army at Ft. Huachuca, AZ during the winter of '93, I decided that we would eventually move to the desert. We finally did this in March of 1997, after having to dig my wife's car out of the snow for the last time so she could go to work. We have lived in Tucson ever since, and we like it here. (The kids, not so much)I enjoy talking about many subjects such as science, philosophy, and religious belief, though I have no formal training in any of those areas. I am politically liberal, but I don't usually talk politics (though I can) and I'm not really interested in sports, cars, or celebrities. I believe it is important to confront your own beliefs and compare them to others, because only then can you be sure you aren't just deceiving yourself. I belong to several other message boards, primarily atheist and skeptic ones, but this is the first Christian Board I have been a member of.So that's it, ask me any questions you'd like, email me if you'd like, and I look forward to talking with you all.Daniel "Theophage" Clark(Edited to Add) I just noticed that this thread was the 777th in this forum. Numerology anyone?
smile.gif

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
Howdy Theophage. I am a staunch Christian but I have had many interesting and thought provoking conversations with atheists over the years. A coworker who shares an office with me is one of my best on-the-job friends. I don't hate atheists or agnostics. I simply believe that something or someone is blocking you from an understanding of God's Word and His presence. Welcome to the forum. Tim