I am Struggling today. :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@truthquest Goodness me, what a piece of work that man must be !! Also what a really disgusting thing to do bringing that book into your home...Your grand daughter should be held up to the Lord by believers, interceding on her behalf...I'm sure you already know we just have to give God a little to work with at times :)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@truthquest Goodness me, what a piece of work that man must be !! Also what a really disgusting thing to do bringing that book into your home...Your grand daughter should be held up to the Lord by believers, interceding on her behalf...I'm sure you already know we just have to give God a little to work with at times :)
Yes he certainly is a piece of work. I don't have to deal with him anymore.
I was really upset when I found that book. One of my sons was very young at the time and just the thought of him finding and reading that book infuriated me.
When he asked me if I realized how expensive that book was I really didn't care. it had no value to me whatsoever quite the opposite. I didn't even hesitate burning that book.
I try to talk to my granddaughter sometimes about scriptures that I thought would encourage her.
But she isn't interested in listening to anything related to Christianity. But you know I've read many experiences about people who felt that way and something happens that makes them change their minds. Only our heavenly Father knows how to reach a person's heart and draw them to him. His love is very hard to resist. :)

Reactions: Helen and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But she isn't interested in listening to anything related to Christianity
I can understand why she might be hesitant....Instead of trying to get her interested in Christianity, just love her the way Jesus loves her, and tell her so......I have seen the hardest ( on the surface ) people break down and cry, when I have told them about the Love the Lord has for them....It always amazes them, when they receive it..All the very best with this and obviously keep holding her up to Him, as I'm sure you already do...:)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand why she might be hesitant....Instead of trying to get her interested in Christianity, just love her the way Jesus loves her, and tell her so......I have seen the hardest ( on the surface ) people break down and cry, when I have told them about the Love the Lord has for them....It always amazes them, when they receive it..All the very best with this and obviously keep holding her up to Him, as I'm sure you already do...:)
Yeah she knows I love her for sure. :) I don't usually mention scriptures or God's love for her unless it comes up in a conversation. My daughter, her mother, passed away in 2015 and of course she took that pretty hard as I did too. She was talking to me very recently about how much she missed her and wishing she could see her again. I told her that she will see her again someday and just briefly mentioned a few scriptures. That seemed to bring her comfort. She listened to what I was saying and she said, I hope so. Then she hugged me.
I pray for all my family for whatever things they are dealing with which some of those things I know about but other things I don't. But God knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and Helen
B

Butterfly

Much love to you truth quest , I am the only Christian within my entire family, all my children have heard the truth( I have four ) - my daughter was a Christian, but the church and religion just created such a problem for her. She has OCD with intrusive thoughts, so finds it mentally difficult to deal with things that require faith - her mind needs concrete answers. My youngest is an atheist - but we talk about God a lot and have many debates and chats ( so seeds are being planted - he suffers with agrophobia and social anxieties ) my other two sons have mixed views.
Just been looking at the prayer of Jabez, extend my boundaries - who knows how God can and will use us with those we love , and beyond. We see very little of what goes on within the minds and hearts of others.
So very sorry to read about your daughter xxxxx
Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia , @Butterfly

@truthquest ....is our friend Cathey from Mike's old Forum years back! :)

Remember Pia, and Rita here...we were all on CFFF back in the day?
Did you all remember/guess who it was you were speaking to?
Fun eh! ❤️
I was posting back and forth to "truthquest" before she told me who she was..I never guessed LOL

Reactions: pia and Butterfly

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah she knows I love her for sure. :) I don't usually mention scriptures or God's love for her unless it comes up in a conversation. My daughter, her mother, passed away in 2015 and of course she took that pretty hard as I did too. She was talking to me very recently about how much she missed her and wishing she could see her again. I told her that she will see her again someday and just briefly mentioned a few scriptures. That seemed to bring her comfort. She listened to what I was saying and she said, I hope so. Then she hugged me.
I pray for all my family for whatever things they are dealing with which some of those things I know about but other things I don't. But God knows.
Hello..I meant for her to hear that Jesus loves her :) She surely know that you do..

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@pia , @Butterfly

Fun eh! ❤️
I was posting back and forth to "truthquest" before she told me who she was..I never guessed LOL
Hi, sorry who is here ? Got so excited I forgot to do the @....Sorry

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia , @Butterfly

Fun eh! ❤️
Yeah we go way back don't we. :D

Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much love to you truth quest , I am the only Christian within my entire family, all my children have heard the truth( I have four ) - my daughter was a Christian, but the church and religion just created such a problem for her. She has OCD with intrusive thoughts, so finds it mentally difficult to deal with things that require faith - her mind needs concrete answers. My youngest is an atheist - but we talk about God a lot and have many debates and chats ( so seeds are being planted - he suffers with agrophobia and social anxieties ) my other two sons have mixed views.
Just been looking at the prayer of Jabez, extend my boundaries - who knows how God can and will use us with those we love , and beyond. We see very little of what goes on within the minds and hearts of others.
Butterfly
Most of my family are Christians.
My granddaughter says that she has OCD. I don't know. I mean I can't remember if she was actually diagnosed as OCD. But I know she is dealing with a lot of pain, anxiety and sadness from things she's experienced. It might be more PTSD related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much love to you truth quest ,
Butterfly
Thank you. Yes I was devastated by that. She was only 38 years old. She had congestive heart failure. My husband also had congestive heart failure.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah we go way back don't we. :D
And I am here also, Cathey, although my memory of all my friends on past forums is flawed. Mike had several forums, and I get them confused... never mind all of the individuals who were involved. May God bless you and while we are at it, let us bless our old friend Mike as well. My name is John, although on forums I have mostly used Amadeus.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I am here also, Cathey, although my memory of all my friends on past forum is flawed.
May God bless you and while we are at it, let us bless our old friend Mike as well. My name is John, although on forums I have mostly used Amadeus.

Goodness and to think how much younger we all were then :D
We also forgot to mention mjrhealth, who is here...and was also on there on and off too with Pia.. ( Twinc too ) ....golly, a lot of water... eh

God has been faithful to us all over the years...and Cathey has been through a major health battle against the evil C.
Are you still having to go back for checks Cathey? @truthquest
God bless and keep you safe. xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness and to think how much younger we all were then :D
We also forgot to mention mjrhealth, who is here...and was also on there on and off too with Pia.. ( Twinc too ) ....golly, a lot of water... eh

God has been faithful to us all over the years...and Cathey has been through a major health battle against the evil C.
Are you still having to go back for checks Cathey? @truthquest
God bless and keep you safe. xx
That was youth? Well it was several years ago, so I guess it was. Give God the glory for keeping us on His side.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was youth? Well it was several years ago, so I guess it was. Give God the glory for keeping us on His side.

I guess I was thinking from the very beginning of forum life..most of us were around then, even before Mike...( or rather with him but elsewhere)
I'd say that was 12 yrs ago...at this age that does seem like 'youth' or younger..to me! :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was thinking from the very beginning of forum life..most of us were around then, even before Mike...( or rather with him but elsewhere)
I'd say that was 12 yrs ago...at this age that does seem like 'youth' or younger..to me! :D
Yes, I was in forums a long time before I knew Mike at all. I believe my first forum connection was made in the late 1990's or around the year 2000. Most of the of people I knew well in those early days have left the scene completely. That is to say they stopped frequenting forums and some of them are probably deceased. A couple of those the older forums still exist and I am still a member as I have never purposely quit any forum. But on my last visit I only remembered one person who also remembered me. By now it has probably dwindled to zero.

Reactions: pia and truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am here also, Cathey, although my memory of all my friends on past forums is flawed. Mike had several forums, and I get them confused... never mind all of the individuals who were involved. May God bless you and while we are at it, let us bless our old friend Mike as well. My name is John, although on forums I have mostly used Amadeus.
Yes I remember you John (Amadeus). :)

Reactions: pia and amadeus