I Feel Like My Relationship With Christ Is Wavering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What will the next drama queen thread be titled?
Stay tuned......it's totally thrilling!!
5 year old has tantrum....look out!!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will the next drama queen thread be titled?
Stay tuned......it's totally thrilling!!
5 year old has tantrum....look out!!

You do realize that nobody cares or believes what you have to say right? If you hate it here so badly then leave because trust me we will NOT miss you. That is my last response to you.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Not all Christian is knowing the way Jesus teach or behave & treat other people.
Every people who too judgemental and Gasligthing is showing that they want to make you as their slave or make you insecure, as Christian we should criticize the sins of people inside the church with eyes to eyes only or by prophecy without calling a name (whosoever feel that way as told they should accept those words with humble).
We should learn from Jesus who protect & save the sinners as ordinary mankind.
A few years lately the churches had been too judgemental with pride of their own wisdom of each denomination, the churches lack of compassion and love others (1 Corinthians 13), as a ministry we should not put enmity to other people as an enmity of arguing who's the most righteous, this is the sign that we also a sinner (2 Timothy 2:14-26).
But all people were given each of their unique talents from God as the worker of the light to make a righteous judgement to bring a peace and not as a provocative gaslighter (Matthew 5:9).
Don't give up on your faith in Jesus, every people will be thrown into judgemental flames as an assessment of their faith in God (1 Peter 1:7; 1 Corinthians 3:10-15; Daniel 12:10).

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness, April! I hope all is ok with you.

Message boards can be brutal! I suspect that many people wouldn't act in person they way they do on boards. There is no physical connection, its all digits and letters on our phone or computer screen. Furthermore, you can be rude and not have to physically be confronted (I am not talking about physical violence, but in a verbal confrontation). And frankly, its not a good thing always.

I don't think I've ever conversed with you, so I don't think I have offended you. However, I have in times past been nasty to others. I made an effort to stop that about 3 years ago. I fail from time to time, but when I realize it I try to make amends. Now I will debate doctrine and beliefs, but I vow (and sometimes fail) not to make it personal.

Again, my point is that these boards can be brutal, but your relationship with Jesus should not be affected. As far as I know, he isn't personally a member of this board!

Remember that he said:

Matthew 5:11-12 KJV
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

April, if we started discussing doctrine, chances are we are going to disagree on SOMETHING. I haven't found a single person I agree totally with. But don't let that come between you and God.

As for rude behavior... It shouldn't be so. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. God hates those who sow discord amongst brethren. He hates the discord and hates those who sow it.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do realize that nobody cares or believes what you have to say right? If you hate it here so badly then leave because trust me we will NOT miss you. That is my last response to you.

The Queen has spoken eh. True colours showing my dear.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See and then the white knights appear. Gives them more cred. to come to the aid of poor damsel in distress.
It's hilarious . More than any sitcom.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See and then the white knights appear. Gives them more cred. to come to the aid of poor damsel in distress.
It's hilarious . More than any sitcom.
Well, apparently white knights wear black hats!

I dont3 know the whole situation, but was there anything in what I said that you disagree with?

Reactions: April_Rose

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how's your relationship with Jesus, cowboy?
Well, I love him. He's on my mind continuously. That's my half of the story. If you want to know how Jesus feels about me, you will have to ask him.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Message boards can be brutal! I suspect that many people wouldn't act in person they way they do on boards. There is no physical connection, its all digits and letters on our phone or computer screen. Furthermore, you can be rude and not have to physically be confronted (I am not talking about physical violence, but in a verbal confrontation). And frankly, its not a good thing always.

I don't think I've ever conversed with you, so I don't think I have offended you. However, I have in times past been nasty to others. I made an effort to stop that about 3 years ago. I fail from time to time, but when I realize it I try to make amends. Now I will debate doctrine and beliefs, but I vow (and sometimes fail) not to make it personal.

Again, my point is that these boards can be brutal, but your relationship with Jesus should not be affected. As far as I know, he isn't personally a member of this board!

Remember that he said:

Matthew 5:11-12 KJV
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

April, if we started discussing doctrine, chances are we are going to disagree on SOMETHING. I haven't found a single person I agree totally with. But don't let that come between you and God.

As for rude behavior... It shouldn't be so. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. God hates those who sow discord amongst brethren. He hates the discord and hates those who sow it.

No,.. you never offended me and I want to say that even though it's late I apologize to everyone who had to see me lose my temper towards that troll,.. but a special thank you to the staff for getting him out of here because he was really starting to stress me out even though I shouldn't have let him. Btw, thank you for all of your kind words and advice. :)

Reactions: Mayflower and FHII

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, I don't know what anyone said to you on here @April_Rose , but it doesn't sound like it was very nice. I'm sorry for that.

2 Timothy 2 does talk about gentle correction, so we have to keep in mind that it's not our responsibility to be Judgey McJudgers, but we are to correct and help one another grow in the faith. Just like church leaders have to go through church discipline. So if a Christian feels like they need to bring something up, it is in their responsibility to do so.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

That said, sometimes people act like animals out of anger and throw poo-covered diamonds. Meaning, sometimes it is good advice, but they covered it with filth. So I don't know what was said, but sometimes you have to look at the actual gem in there and block out all of the rest of the yuck. Don't throw out the diamond. It's washable. That's what soap is for. Give it some bleach.

The same thing with your faith. Your faith has already made you clean. People might throw some nastiness in your direction, but your soul has got something better than Ultra-Ever Dry. You're already good.

And that's a pain to do sometimes, I know, cause sometimes you might as well just wanna give that person ALL of the words they deserve. But the reality is usually it's to provoke, so they don't deserve any of the words. They know what they're doing. Don't give it to them.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey April. I am glad you are here and sorry you feel this way. If you feel like people can make you turn away from Christ, I would not come on here. Come on at a stronger place in your walk with God. A forum is not worth walking away from God. I love this verse:

downloadfile-8.jpg

As Christians, we have to get to the point where we can say the same to God about our faith/love in Him. I am convinced nothing will ever separate me from loving God, speaking God, living for God, or giving up on God.

Not people, not satan, not demons, not anything in creation can deter me from my walk with Jesus Christ.

I do have strong convictions, but know I don't judge you. I just urge you to earnestly keep seeking God and be open to consider any wise counsel. I know not viewing certain things have helped me in my spiritual walk with God.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a feeling you ar not going to like what I have to say, but after reading this thread I would like to add one thing. April I don’t dislike you and I am sorry for how you are feeling. This place does drag you down at times, it’s hard not to let the negatives get through. However some critisms are healthy, if we went through life and thought everyone that said something negative about what we say then we can lose the ability to self examine and grow. God often gives me a kick through the words of someone else. Not everything we do is beneficial to our minds, or spiritual growth.
Don’t get me wrong many just post judgmental comments without any thought, so it’s often a case of filtering what you take in and adhere to. It’s a bit of a learning curve, it takes time. I have a thicker skin than I use to when I first joined the forum, but I now take a step back and reflect more on what is being said.
Right this is the bit I don’t think your will like, do you realise that you equally say things to others that are negative , even on this thread. You don’t like another member, but because he annoyed you you retaliated ...........you have done this on other threads.
Sometimes we don’t like others having a go at us but we often have a go at others and don’t see a problem with it. Have you considered how your own words impact other members here. We all impact one another, even if we don’t like to admit it.
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And that is because a lot of you on here have been really judgmental with me and pushy. I've run into people like this in real life and it's caused me to backslide and turn into somebody that I don't really like. I am really afraid of being turned of Christianity again because I honestly don't want that to happen, but when you constantly have people judging you that have absolutely no business judging you in the first place you tend to want to run away. :( Currently watching this video to remind me to not let anybody come in-between me and Jesus. :) @Devin Wintch, @lforrest, @Heart2Soul, @JohnDB,.. you guys should see this thread.

why push the responsibility of your lack of faith onto others?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
why push the responsibility of your lack of faith onto others?
Not sure it is as simple as that quiet thinker, I know when I was younger in age ( both spiritually and on a human level ) what people said really impacted me because of a low self esteem that I had and was established in my childhood. We are all products of our past and it’s the Holy Spirits role to break up the wrong foundations and rebuild them with the truth. However it’s not an instant process, so therefore it’s so easy to be defined by the words of others and they get through.
It’s still a battle with me when I am vulnerable or tired.
In all honesty this forum has actually helped me and I have learned much from many of the heated debates that have taken place, but often as not it’s been a wake up call to my own reactions and how I have dealt with things in the past.
I don’t think it’s a faith thing as such, i think it’s more about being open to correction and actually learning the difference between conviction and condemnation. Many condemn through their words, they jump, critique and bounce , but often as not it is not from listening to the Holy Spirit and coming alongside someone because of being led by the Spirit.
There is a right time to say something, a time when another person can equally be open to hear. Both are directed by the Holy Spirit. When it’s done from a human sense of ‘ that person wrong so I need to tell them ‘
It seldom achieves anything
Sorry I am waffling !! Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure it is as simple as that quiet thinker, I know when I was younger in age ( both spiritually and on a human level ) what people said really impacted me because of a low self esteem that I had and was established in my childhood. We are all products of our past and it’s the Holy Spirits role to break up the wrong foundations and rebuild them with the truth. However it’s not an instant process, so therefore it’s so easy to be defined by the words of others and they get through.
It’s still a battle with me when I am vulnerable or tired.
In all honesty this forum has actually helped me and I have learned much from many of the heated debates that have taken place, but often as not it’s been a wake up call to my own reactions and how I have dealt with things in the past.
I don’t think it’s a faith thing as such, i think it’s more about being open to correction and actually learning the difference between conviction and condemnation. Many condemn through their words, they jump, critique and bounce , but often as not it is not from listening to the Holy Spirit and coming alongside someone because of being led by the Spirit.
There is a right time to say something, a time when another person can equally be open to hear. Both are directed by the Holy Spirit. When it’s done from a human sense of ‘ that person wrong so I need to tell them ‘
It seldom achieves anything
Sorry I am waffling !! Rita
Self condemnation is a great enemy.....as well as the voices of condemnation the evil one feeds into our thoughts. Identifying what's happening here is important because it's a cop out to take the easy road blaming others for anything including abandoning Jesus (lack of faith)
The lack of self honesty is usually the culprit....the love of sin and or its denial in ones preferences does its dirty work and blocks vision of the critical things.