I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my method. I was taught it by the Spirit of truth.
If you are referring to the Holy Spirit...he doesn't "trap" people...He doesn't have to He IS the Spirit of Truth. His fruit is what we should be showing others..
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,”
— Galatians 5:22 (KJV)
Ephesians 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁸ For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
⁹ (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
¹⁰ Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Reactions: dev553344

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just to add a bit of context, my youngest son was an atheist right up until two weeks ago………now I could see God working in his life for a few months, but he couldn’t. Very gradually God began to change something within my son and he started to read scripture. Then he read the gospels , then he believed in who Jesus was and why he came, then he recognised he was a sinner and repented and asked Jesus into his life. He did a 360 degree turnaround from atheist to a believer. God began a work, but my son responded before he really understood that God was involved in the equation……….
Now he can look back and see how things led him to the point of change………
Rita
Rita: What a wonderful tribute to the power of the Word of God and consistent prayer!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you are referring to the Holy Spirit...he doesn't "trap" people...He doesn't have to He IS the Spirit of Truth. His fruit is what we should be showing others..
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,”
Ephesians 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁸ For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
@Heart2Soul Yes, it's always according to the Word that the Spirit guides...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

KoT

Aug 12, 2021
pogo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
You are calling me a liar. That is a very grave mistake on your part.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though this is the most hated approach unto all , It must be said .
IF we want to examine whether or not one is of Christ . Give them HIS sayings . Watch and observe who tries to omit them
and those who simply say amen LORD JESUS thy will i will do . TEST THEM BY JESUS SAYINGS . AND That is how ye shall see
WHO belongs to WHO . ALSO test their actions . FOR some can say , yet DO NOT .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are calling me a liar. That is a very grave mistake on your part.
Did she really call you that?
Who among us is Not a liar?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

And when are follow our own ways even for a moment instead of following the lead of the Spirit of Truth, then we join all of the liars. When we run out of time, what is to become then of us?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth and brimstone: which is the second death" Rev 21:8.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It is not my method. I was taught it by the Spirit of truth.
This was another alt from SpiritandTruth our jack in the box false prophet who was banned more than a few times on multiple accounts. And he keeps lying to gain access.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can I rely on the promises God makes in the Bible or not?
'All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect,
throughly furnished unto all good works.'

(2Timothy 3:16-17)

Hello there,

When I was a teenager I was given a promise box. Inside were little scrolls of paper on which were written the promises found in Scripture. It was intended that you take one out at random each day and apply it to yourself. When I think of doing that now I shudder, for it is not the way to treat the word of God.

Each promise made by God should be considered within it's context, for they were made to a people or person at a specific time, and for a specific purpose. Though sometimes they are coupled with instruction such as Proverbs 3:5-6, and can have general application:-

'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct thy paths.'

* All Scripture is FOR us, but not all is ABOUT us.

* The one promise that every believer has, and can be assured of is the promise of life in Christ Jesus.

'Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,'

(2 Timothy 1:1)

* Although sometime the Holy Spirit makes specific application of a verse or passage of Scripture to the individual believer to be laid hold of and assured of at certain times. Such as Psalm 32:8:-

'I will instruct thee and teach thee
in the way which thou shalt go:
I will guide thee with mine eye.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And he said, Who art thou, Lord?
And the Lord said,
I am Jesus Whom thou persecutest:
it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.'

(Act 9:5)

Hello @I.O.U,

Reading through this thread, following my entry: I took note of your responses, and the comment you received personally, and the result was praise to God: for it is true that you would not be taking part on a Christian forum if there were not a work of God taking place in your heart, and I hope that when your heart is opened to received His truth and to believe on His name, that you will come back and tell us.

What you have said concerning the effect that the believing community have had upon your inability to believe is saddening, and I am sorry that it is so.

May God's will be perfectly done in you for His Name and Glory's sake.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The answer depends on what you mean, and what you mean depends on what your understanding is of "God's promises in the Bible".

There's only one promise you need to rely on, and that is that Jesus Christ is real, that He came into world to bear the sins of the whole world in Himself (and guess what, that's because we all indeed have sinned and come short of the glorious standard of God, as Paul stated in Romans 3:23-25).

His promise is that all who believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:14-18).

What does this mean, "will not perish, but have eternal life"? It means that Adam sinned, and died spiritually (and would therefore eventually die physically) when he disbelieved God, who said, "..For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." (Genesis 2:17).

Only once you understand how real that is, and how Adam's death came to all mankind, then you will understand what it means when Jesus' apostle Peter taught that God is "not willing that any of us should perish, but that all of us should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9) .. and you will also understand why Jesus said,

John 3
14 "But even as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up,
15 so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil."

You have to understand how real the above is before you understand what promise of God you need most, and need to rely on most.

Aside from that, Jesus never promised His disciples or those who believe in Him that we are going to be devoid of the same problems everyone born into the world faces - but we have a comforter who both comforts us and gives us peace in the most trying of circmstances - the Holy Spirit of Christ.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
For me, this isn't the heart of the matter. We were created. Everything just shouts out that fact. So we have a Creator. According to the Bible, our Creator made us for the reason that we might know Him, which is the fulfilling of all that is intended.

Whether or not someone would consider you "saved" or not to me is completely secondary to whether or not you actually come to know your
Creator, and whether you can share in the eternal life His is offering to you.

Much love!
As much as I would rather avoid a place like hell, I also would also rather not end up in heaven with anyone from this planet. Truely, I petition the cosmos to be separated from all humanity (Perfect or not)

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I would rather avoid a place like hell, I also would also rather not end up in heaven with anyone from this planet. Truely, I petition the cosmos to be separated from all humanity (Perfect or not)

Why would you want to be alone? Just curious. Can you share a bit more?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation" Matt 12:43-45
What's your point.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.

There are many promises of God. Here are a few.

Isa 41: 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isa 26:3 3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.