I Have the SHINGLES!!! Help!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need prayers...I have the shingles and I am miserable!....chills, pain and itching...headache and body aches.
And a rash every where it seems...even in my brain...ugh!
I am losing all my strength and just want to sleep forever.:(

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need prayers...I have the shingles and I am miserable!....chills, pain and itching...headache and body aches.
The doc has an injection that might work...it's an Antiviral.
It sometimes works...and a follow up Vaccine that is good for a year or two.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
H2S ,so sorry I have never had chicken pox or shingles, but my mum had it once, on her face. She felt pretty horrible. One thing I thought shingles usually only gives you a rash in one area ?
Rita x

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul So sorry; I hope you can get relief.

May the really good Scripture verses that you post be of comfort to you, as also you seek medication.

Prayerfully...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S ,so sorry I have never had chicken pox or shingles, but my mum had it once, on her face. She felt pretty horrible. One thing I thought shingles usually only gives you a rash in one area ?
Rita x
It can spread...but it is mostly in my waste area and upper chest...under my armpits...and on my lips

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hope and pray that you feel better soon. :) *Hugs*

Reactions: farouk

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh no!! Prayers for sure sister. Are you taking any anti-viral meds?? I'm so sorry :(
Yes, I can just imagine how miserable you are. I pray God will bring you relief and full healing very soon!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita x
My wife had it before. She was having problems and thinking it was her teeth went to the Dentist. He discovered the shingles inside of her mouth and referred her to a regular MD. She was miserable for a while.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife had it before. She was having problems and thinking it was her teeth went to the Dentist. He discovered the shingles inside of her mouth and referred her to a regular MD. She was miserable for a while.

I had a friend who's husband had it in his eyes. He wore sunglasses for awhile. Yikes...no mater where it is on the body, it is miserable as I've known quite a few who had it during the years working in the hospital.
I suppose your wife was not able to even eat @amadeus ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a friend who's husband had it in his eyes. He wore sunglasses for awhile. Yikes...no mater where it is on the body, it is miserable as I've known quite a few who had it during the years working in the hospital.
I suppose your wife was not able to even eat @amadeus ?
As I recall she went to soft food or soup not requiring a big workout in the mouth before swallowing.

dga

Dec 22, 2020
Ashford
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus has done everything for us on the cross, not only to be saved, but to be healed too, because the very original Greek word for 'save', also means 'healing', so we get salvation and healing at the same time. Just begin to thank our Lord Jesus everyday and tell him that you receive your healing from him, which he has provided already, 2000 years ago. The Bible says that Jesus took our infirmities. He took them on the cross. Receive and just believe it, and thank him for your healing, and give him praise!

https://christianbibleexplorationuk.weebly.com/blog

Reactions: Earburner

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita x
I never had chicken pox either . well till about six years ago . Yeah . its a bit tougher on the adults .
I had a nasty head ache for about five days straight . maybe sister heart has chicken pox .

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never had chicken pox either . well till about six years ago . Yeah . its a bit tougher on the adults .
I had a nasty head ache for about five days straight . maybe sister heart has chicken pox .
My sons got chicken pox really badly, but both me and my daughter never caught it. H2S mentioned a rash rather than spots, and she’s a nurse, so pretty sure she would know if it was chicken pox.
I understand shingles is painful as it affects the nerves, my mum looked as if she had had a stroke when she had it, and that didn’t go away completely once she had recovered. Yes, my oldest son was in his 20’s when he caught it from his younger brothers, he was much worse than them, even had the spots in his mouth.
Rita