I want to create a new holiday...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i wish we had Thanksgiving in the UK.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
started that way then Christ changed it
To the new covenant Passover in His own body and blood jn 1:29
Yes the bread and wine which Jesus shared with his friends at Passover we now share with our church fellowships.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Call it "ANTICIPATION DAY" or "EMANCIPATION DAY".
So then all other religions would want a new holiday as well or it would not be fair. I think we have enough and perhaps you can always find out about the Jewish ones and celebrate those as well as Messianic Jews do.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
started that way then Christ changed it
To the new covenant Passover in His own body and blood jn 1:29
Christ is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Passover. Not the fulfilment of a new or different Passover.

"17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. " Matthew 5:17
The only thing that's changed is you don't have to keep sacrificing the Passover lamb over and over and over again, like the Catholics do. Christ is the one time for all time fulfillment of the law of Passover.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Passover. Not the fulfilment of a new or different Passover.

"17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. " Matthew 5:17
The only thing that's changed is you don't have to keep sacrificing the Passover lamb over and over and over again, like the Catholics do. Christ is the one time for all time fulfillment of the law of Passover.

not true
There is only one sacrifice of Christ!

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only thing that's changed is you don't have to keep sacrificing the Passover lamb over and over and over again, like the Catholics do...
full
(Um,... don't you mean the [non-Messianic] Jews...?)

Reactions: Ancient

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it's Passover if you are Jewish but it's Easter if you aren't. Passover doesn't celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus - Easter does.

Well there are many many many that celebrate Passover, Unleavened Bread and Firstfruits you know the scriptural feasts with Yeshua front and center as the remember the death and resurrection i.e. firstfruits big clue as being the firstfruits from the dead and unleavened bread representing a righteous one without leaven or sin found in Him. I advise you to research all the feasts days and how they are all directly connected intimately to our Messiah's 1st and 2nd coming.
Passover is not Jewish!!! It is Yahweh's feast days Read Lev 23:2 Who's feasts are they? Remember there was a mixed multitude also with them. One law (Torah) for the native born and the stranger who lives among you. Nothing has changed. Yeshua is the Passover Lamb that was slaughtered on the exact same day as the Passover Lambs were being slaughtered on the Hebrew Calendar the 14th Aviv or Nissan. Not Easter which by the way the date changes every year because of the solstice pagan worship. Passover is the same day on the Hebrew Calendar every year because it is an appointed time it never changes.

I will stick to the context our Bibles were written in which was the Hebrew language and Hebrew culture that were followed the Hebrew Calendar.

Shalom

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Passover doesn't celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus - Easter does.

Sorry Pearl this doctrine is man made and not scriptural, its is denominational Roman Catholic based. Constantine changed the days not Yeshua (Jesus) and neither any of the apostles they all followed the feast taught in Lev 23. They were all Hebrews nowhere in the scriptures is it taught the days were changed. Look at the Hebrew Calendar the calendar that was used in our Bibles and is still in use today. Hopefully the lights will come on.

One of the hardest things to accept and recognize is that most of denominational church doctrine is wrong because it all comes from the same root The Roman Constantine instituted church the is anti Semitic and has Dejudaized the word of God. You know the God of Israel, The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who were all Hebrews. Who chose the Hebrew language to have His word written in and who chose to manifest Himself in the flesh as a man from the tribe of Judah, the son of David who also was from the tribe of Judah was one of His titles. Born by a Hebrew woman named Miriam and who had an earthly father who was of the tribe of Judah named Joseph. Yeshua was Jewish meaning literally of the Tribe of Judah, fulfilling the prophecy that Isaac spoke over his son Judah that the scepter shall never depart from between your feet.

Stick to the Bible Pearl and not the traditions of church fathers who were mostly anti Semitic or the doctrines of churches who are also deeply rooted in replacement theology which is from Satan himself

Shalom

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When is that? And for what nation, I looked it up for Canada, and we have no such thing. I am thinking of doing it in the 3ed Friday of the 8th Month. 3 means complete, and 8 means new beginnings.

Well I chose to follow what is taught in scripture by Paul in Rom 11. I am grafted into the Natural Olive tree Israel and also have become a citizen of the Commonwealth of Israel no longer an alien or stranger Eph 2:12.

Ones national days have nothing to do with this. But the days of the Bible have everything to do with a believer in Yahweh and Yeshua. The days are in Lev 23. I need to highlight Lev 23:2 They are Yahweh's days not Jewish.

Shalom

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one sacrifice of Christ!
"14 ...by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:14

Why do Catholics continually get re-justified when the Bible says we have been made perfect for all time already?
Catholics take a bath over and over again when Jesus says the one who has had a bath only has to wash their feet - John 13:10.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"14 ...by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:14

Why do Catholics continually get re-justified when the Bible says we have been made perfect for all time already?
Catholics take a bath over and over again when Jesus says the one who has had a bath only has to wash their feet - John 13:10.

you can only be baptized once!
Born again once!
Justified once!
New creation in Christ once!
Put on Christ in baptism once!
All the same

Repent more than once
Fall from grace and be restored to grace more than once

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can only be baptized once!
Born again once!
Justified once!
New creation in Christ once!
Put on Christ in baptism once!
All the same

Repent more than once
Fall from grace and be restored to grace more than once
Show me in your official Catholic documents where they believe a person does not have to be re-justified. Or maybe you're just part of a sect of Catholicism that doesn't believe a person has to be re-justified. I had extensive discussions with a Catholic who said that a person has to get re-justified over and over again.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in your official Catholic documents where they believe a person does not have to be re-justified. Or maybe you're just part of a sect of Catholicism that doesn't believe a person has to be re-justified. I had extensive discussions with a Catholic who said that a person has to get re-justified over and over again.

probably a misunderstanding

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.