Identifying The Eight Kings Of Revelation 17:10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
I said that the Assyrian is both a historical figure (Nebuchadnezzar) and an end-time figure. I don't know how anyone who reads Isaiah 10 and 14 or Micah 5 can walk away with your conclusion! You have latched onto a belief and it's clearly a wrong one. Read the text(s).

The Assyrian is only likened to Satan and no doubt has the spirit of anti-christ. But to say that these passages are only about Satan is a real interpretational blunder.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I said that the Assyrian is both a historical figure (Nebuchadnezzar) and an end-time figure. I don't know how anyone who reads Isaiah 10 and 14 or Micah 5 can walk away with your conclusion! You have latched onto a belief and it's clearly a wrong one. Read the text(s).

The Assyrian is only likened to Satan and no doubt has the spirit of anti-christ. But to say that these passages are only about Satan is a real interpretational blunder.

Who said those Scriptures are ONLY about the end time role of the Assyrian? I didn't. They cover both the historical kings of Assyria, and Satan.

Also, Nebuchadnezzar was king of Babylon.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You are since you say the Assyrian is another symbolic title for Satan himself.

You said this in your post:
I said that the Assyrian is both a historical figure (Nebuchadnezzar) and an end-time figure.

So even you have admitted those Isaiah Scriptures are meant both historically for flesh kings and symbolically for the end-time Antichrist. Satan himself will be the final Antichrist for the end.

This is what makes the title of "the Assyrian" also a symbolic title for Satan...

Isa 30:31-33
31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
(KJV)

Do you see that "king" there referred to anyone else other than that "Assyrian"? No, you don't. Yet that Tophet, a place of fire that was south of Jerusalem in the valley of Hinnom, is a direct referrence to the "lake of fire" event of Rev.20:10-15.

That valley of Hinnom is what Christ used to symbolically represent the "lake of fire" in NT Scripture. It's Greek 'genna' translated as "hell" in the KJV Bible. It's a symbol for the "lake of fire".

So have the flesh kings of Assyria already been judged and sentenced to perish in that future "lake of fire"?

No.

Only Satan and his angels that rebelled with him are already judged and sentenced to perish in that lake of fire. None others have been judged to perish yet.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Veteran said,

Do you see that "king" there referred to anyone else other than that "Assyrian"? No, you don't

Yes you do. He is also called the king of Babylon,
Isaiah 14:4 ¶That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

And the king of Assyria,
Isaiah 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
Daniel also has sevral names for the Assyrian and you probably know what they are.

Richard

Sep 12, 2012
United States
www.ecodrycarpetcleaninglv.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction - the first beast of Rev.13:1-2 is a kingdom beast, because that's what the symbols from Dan.7 in Rev.13:2 are using to compare it with. It thus means literally, "...peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues..." like Jesus defined it to John in Rev.17:15. Same principle idea with the historical beast kingdoms of Daniel 7, they usurped many different peoples and nations.

The geographical area of Sumer-Babylon was the very first false idol worship of recorded history, which is where Bel worship originated with Sargon I. It's that system of false religion which has provided the basis for all later pagan false worship, including 1st and 2nd century Gnosticism. That's the 'MYSTERY' part, because it's about the ancient pagan "mystery schools" of initiation, which is where the origin of today's "one world government" beast is being derived. But it's not only... about false religion, it's about a literal structure over all nations and peoples upon the earth for the last days, i.e., a literal beast kingdom.

And within some of the Rev.13:1-10 verses, the subject moves back and forth between that beast kingdom and the dragon (Satan) who is over it, including the idea of the world worshipping that dragon. So let's not leave that out. Once again, the false prophet is not mentioned there in Rev.13, at all. So it's not proper to keep referring to it as if it were.

=======================================

Correction - the "seven heads" represent "seven mountains" per what Christ showed John in Rev.17:9. And the "woman" sits upon those "seven mountains" per that verse.. And then per the final verse of Rev.17:18, the "woman" is a "great city". That reveals just how you are mis-assigning what those "seven heads" are per the Scripture.

The "seven heads" (or "seven mountains"), represent seven geographical power centers upon the earth. They represent seven continents, which is essentially the same idea as the "peoples, and multitudes, and natitons, and tongues", which is where those are located upon the earth.

Per Daniel 7:24, the Antichrist is to "subdue" (shephal - humble) 3 of those kings. Doesn't mean destroying them, but lower their positions of authority. It's about the final beast kingdom structure once the Antichrist arrives to sudue 3 out of the 10 kings. It's about today's plan for a Tri-parte world division, the earth divided into 3 main regions (see Tri-Lateralism and Jimmy Carter and Zbigniew Brzezinski. My college history text included a quote from Jimmy Carter about the Tri-Lateral Commision. David Rockfeller chose him and Brzezinski to head it back in the 1970's towards the globalist goal of a 3-part world division). It's pointing to a final structure of 7 kings over the "seven heads" (seven continents), and then 3 kings over 3 regions of the earth, and then the Antichrist on top (11th or little horn-king of Dan.7).

So the "seven heads" are not seven kings, but geographical areas the ten kings minus 3 will rule over. The 8 beast kings of Rev.17:10-11 are not those same ten kings of Rev.17:12. So the ten Islamic nations idea simply does not work.

=========================================

Correction - the "another beast" is... Satan as a 2nd beast, a king, and he also is in the ROLE of a false prophet, and he also is the "dragon" of Rev.12:9 which Rev.13:11 is pointing directly to.

His "coming out of the earth" is about his ascending up from the "bottomless pit", JUST LIKE the Rev.11:7 verse partly reveals, as also like Rev.9:11 reveals him as "the angel of the bottomless pit", and as a "king". It's about Satan himself, coming DE FACTO, upon this earth in our dimension. He is going to present himself to the whole world as... GOD, and the majority are going to believe he is GOD, including deceived brethren that will believe he is The Christ.

===================================

The two horns represent POWERS like you say, which makes the idea of a lamb not having horns irrelevant. It is just that like you say, it's to show an IMITATION OF CHRIST. But it does NOT mention the false prophet idea there, but his speaking as a "dragon" instead. Thus heeding the Scripture how it is actually written, that is Satan himself coming to imitate The Lamb Christ Jesus, but he will speak as the "dragon" (himself per Rev.12:9). The problem with the majority will be they will not 'recognize' his speaking as the "dragon". He will blaspheme our Heavenly Father, His Holy Name, His tabernacle, and those that dwell in Heaven (Rev.13:6). By his coming to try and play GOD and His Christ to deceive the whole world is how he will do that speaking as a "dragon". It's just that the majority will have no idea that he is the "dragon", Satan himself.

Thus men's doctrines assiging the Rev.19:20 "false prophet" to some flesh man is all for nought. It's Satan himself in that Role of false prophet, and as that 2nd beast, and as the dragon. This is why some use the concept of an "unholy trinity" for those 3 roles he will perform on earth in the sight of men. At Christ's coming, two of those three roles will go into the lake of fire and never manifest on earth again (the false prophet role, and the "another beast" or beast king role). Satan's role as the dragon will continue throughout Christ's future thousand years to its end (Rev.20).

===================================

There's only TWO separate 'beasts' per our Lord's Revelation. The 1st beast is a kingdom, and the 2nd beast is Satan as its king. That's the same pattern Rev.17 follows also.

Your book is just going to continue the confusion many have today about the end time events.

You are right in that Revelation 13 covers "two of the three beasts" of Revelations...The first is, indeed, The Kingdom of the Antichrist, but I fail to see how one could interpret "Satan as its king" as you argue? Satan has never wanted to be a "king" as far as I know. I think that would be beneath him - at least in his mind. Satan's desire has always been to be God - or at least worshiped like God. And that is exactly what he achieves by having 1.5 billion people tonight who worship him as God (Allah). Then, working through the false religious empire he has created (Islam = the first beast) and through its highly publicized eschatological figure known as al-Mahdi (the False Prophet = the second beast) and the man "Jesus, son of Mary" (the Antichrist = the third beast) he will achieve - howbeit briefly - his age old desire of being worshiped by the world as God...Two of these eschatological figures, the False Prophet (al-Mahdi) and the Antichrist (Jesus, son of Mary) will be the seventh and eighth kings of the fourth empire of Daniel, which is The Kingdom of the Antichrist (Rev 17:10-11)...Indeed, these eight kings are called a "beast" in Revelation 17:8 because, as the Caliphate, they represent the first beast which is Mystery Babylon (Rev 17:5) which is itself called "a beast" (Rev 17:3) because it is the false religion upon which the first beast is built...No where, however, is Satan ever called a "beast" in all of Scripture that I am aware of?...So, rather than my "book is just going to continue the confusion many have today about the end time events," I see it as helping to clarify end time events and characters for the Church. While others, I believe, continue to confuse the many when they mis-identify so many characters and events, thus leading to a confusing end time paradigm that helps no one...

Richard Neal - author Kingdom of the Antichrist

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Veteran said and misquoted me.
So even you have admitted those Isaiah Scriptures are meant both historically for flesh kings and symbolically for the end-time Antichrist. Satan himself will be the final Antichrist for the end.
I've always said the end-time man of sin isn't Satan himself. Get it right for once! You could quote others correctly!

Stop with your foolish games!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran said,

Yes you do. He is also called the king of Babylon,
Isaiah 14:4 ¶That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

And the king of Assyria,
Isaiah 10:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
Daniel also has sevral names for the Assyrian and you probably know what they are.

You left the Scripture in question of Isaiah 30:31-33 which is SPECIFICALLY naming "the Assyrian".

I could easily go to many, many other Scriptures for other titles used symbolically to represent Satan in the end. And yes, the king of Babylon is another one of Satan's symbolic titles, as per Isaiah 14...

Isa 14:4-13
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, "How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"
(KJV)

You are right in that Revelation 13 covers "two of the three beasts" of Revelations...The first is, indeed, The Kingdom of the Antichrist, but I fail to see how one could interpret "Satan as its king" as you argue? Satan has never wanted to be a "king" as far as I know.

Christ is our KING, and that's the Role Satan coveted from the beginning, i.e., God's Throne (see Isaiah 14).

Rev 9:11
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
(KJV)

Also notice in Rev.11 a beast 'ascendeth' out of the bottomless pit to kill God's two witnesses. That can only be about Satan ascending from that bottomless pit, so that's a direct symbolic reference to Satan as a "beast".

That Rev.9:11 verse is about Satan as that "angel of the bottomless pit." Notice he also is a "king" according to that. Those are symbolic titles for Satan as Abaddon and Apollyon, which are most often translated as 'Destroyer'. Apollyon is from the Greek word for 'perdition', i.e. to perish fully, so that's another direct pointer to Satan, since only he and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in the future lake of fire.

It's important to have first understood back in The Old Testament prophets how God told us specifically what sin Satan did against Him in the beginning that caused his fall. Ezekiel 28 is another Scripture which goes into that, as also Ezekiel 31, as it includes a direct reference to one who was in God's Garden of Eden. And we certainly KNOW that the flesh kings of Babylon, Assyria, Tyrus, Pharaoh, etc. were never in God's Eden. So it's a no brainer that our Heavenly Father was using flesh historical kings as types for Satan himself, for they all thought of themselves as gods in place of God too.

Richard

Sep 12, 2012
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left the Scripture in question of Isaiah 30:31-33 which is SPECIFICALLY naming "the Assyrian".

I could easily go to many, many other Scriptures for other titles used symbolically to represent Satan in the end. And yes, the king of Babylon is another one of Satan's symbolic titles, as per Isaiah 14...

Isa 14:4-13
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, "How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"
(KJV)

Christ is our KING, and that's the Role Satan coveted from the beginning, i.e., God's Throne (see Isaiah 14).

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
(KJV)

Also notice in Rev.11 a beast 'ascendeth' out of the bottomless pit to kill God's two witnesses. That can only be about Satan ascending from that bottomless pit, so that's a direct symbolic reference to Satan as a "beast".

That Rev.9:11 verse is about Satan as that "angel of the bottomless pit." Notice he also is a "king" according to that. Those are symbolic titles for Satan as Abaddon and Apollyon, which are most often translated as 'Destroyer'. Apollyon is from the Greek word for 'perdition', i.e. to perish fully, so that's another direct pointer to Satan, since only he and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in the future lake of fire.

It's important to have first understood back in The Old Testament prophets how God told us specifically what sin Satan did against Him in the beginning that caused his fall. Ezekiel 28 is another Scripture which goes into that, as also Ezekiel 31, as it includes a direct reference to one who was in God's Garden of Eden. And we certainly KNOW that the flesh kings of Babylon, Assyria, Tyrus, Pharaoh, etc. were never in God's Eden. So it's a no brainer that our Heavenly Father was using flesh historical kings as types for Satan himself, for they all thought of themselves as gods in place of God too.

This "Apollyon" of Rev 9 can not be Satan, because the verse specifically says that it is Satan who releases him from "Abyss" (Rev 9:1,2)...Apollyon is the fallen angel who led the fallen angels during the antediluvian period when they forcibly mated with women in an attempt to defeat God and His Messiah who would be "born of a woman" (Gen 3:13; Gen 6 2nd Peter 2:4). Apollyon, and the fallen angels who followed him, have been locked up in the Abyss since before the flood. Satan will release him/them during the final seven years of this age...

Richard Neal - author Kingdom of the Antichrist

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
This "Apollyon" of Rev 9 can not be Satan, because the verse specifically says that it is Satan who releases him from "Abyss" (Rev 9:1,2)..

Let's see...

Rev 9:2-3
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
(KJV)

My Bible says that it's "locusts" that are released upon the earth from that pit.

Those "locusts" are an entirely separate subject from the king over them in Rev.9:11...

Rev 9:10-11
10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
(KJV)

Richard

Sep 12, 2012
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see...

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
(KJV)

My Bible says that it's "locusts" that are released upon the earth from that pit.

Those "locusts" are an entirely separate subject from the king over them in Rev.9:11...

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
(KJV)

Rev 9:1 "The fifth angel sounded his trumpet and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to earth (Lk 10:18). The star (Satan) was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he (Satan) opened the Abyss... v. 3 And out of the smoke (from the Abyss) locusts came down on earth...v. 11 "They (the locusts from the Abyss) had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek, Apollyon."

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Rev 9:1 "The fifth angel sounded his trumpet and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to earth (Lk 10:18). The star (Satan) was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he (Satan) opened the Abyss... v. 3 And out of the smoke (from the Abyss) locusts came down on earth...v. 11 "They (the locusts from the Abyss) had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek, Apollyon."

You know Richard when I consider Rev 12 in conjunction with Rev 9 your line of reasoning is worthy of consideration; at the mid point Satan is thrown down, the AC is released from the pit, the Israelite whose name are in the book are taken to safety and Islam goes to war with the rest of the assembly. The whole episode of Satan's removal starts the process of Yeshua taking the throne and indicated in Rev 12:10 where salvation and power and the authority of Yeshua to rule in the kingdom becomes real.

Something to think about!

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You know Richard when I consider Rev 12 in conjunction with Rev 9 your line of reasoning is worthy of consideration; at the mid point Satan is thrown down, the AC is released from the pit, the Israelite whose name are in the book are taken to safety and Islam goes to war with the rest of the assembly. The whole episode of Satan's removal starts the process of Yeshua taking the throne and indicated in Rev 12:10 where salvation and power and the authority of Yeshua to rule in the kingdom becomes real.

That statement in bold suggests a pre-trib rapture theory to me, which is nowhere written in God's Word. I believe it's pointing to spiritual safety against the temptation to bow to false messiah (not being deceived), not a literal physical safety.

And if Satan is thrown down to the earth out of the heavenly, then wouldn't he actually be... that AC? The idea of Rev.12:7-9 about his casting down to the earth doesn't have to mean he is literally cast 'downward' from the heavenly. That's really just an expression.

Yes, and that "king" IS the "angel of the bottomless pit" per the Scripture.

(KJV)

Richard Neal

Oct 3, 2012
kaoticprofit said:
I've always said the end-time man of sin isn't Satan himself. Get it right for once! You could quote others correctly!

kaoticprofit said:

Dude, I was speaking to Veteran - Not you...Keep up with the conversation...

veteran said:
Let's see...

(KJV)

(KJV)
And he opened the bottomless pit...Who is "he?"

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
veteran said:
That statement in bold suggests a pre-trib rapture theory to me, which is nowhere written in God's Word. I believe it's pointing to spiritual safety against the temptation to bow to false messiah (not being deceived), not a literal physical safety.

And if Satan is thrown down to the earth out of the heavenly, then wouldn't he actually be... that AC? The idea of Rev.12:7-9 about his casting down to the earth doesn't have to mean he is literally cast 'downward' from the heavenly. That's really just an expression.

Yes, and that "king" IS the "angel of the bottomless pit" per the Scripture.

(KJV)
No not necessarily, they can be sheltered on this earth just as well; they were taken to shelter during the 70AD destruction and can be so again, it does not have to mean a early rapture which I also do not accept as reality.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
kaoticprofit said:
I was speaking to Veteran who often mis-quotes people and not you. Keep up with the conversation!
First off, that's a LIE, because I do not mis-quote people. I am very careful to quote other's words accurately. It's others here that have misquoted my own words by chopping my sentences up.

Richard Neal said:
Dude, I was speaking to Veteran - Not you...Keep up with the conversation...

And he opened the bottomless pit...Who is "he?"

There's only one star (angel) that falls from heaven to earth with the power to unlock the 'locusts' out of the bottomless pit. It is SATAN himself, just as the Rev.9:11 verse also reveals.

We are told in direct statements in Rev.12:7-17 that Satan and his angels will be cast out of the heavenly to this earth for the last days. It's associated with the time of the 5th Seal witnesses, the 3.5 years timing for the end, which is given in Daniel and in Rev.13 as a specific time of his persecution upon the saints, and even the symbolic title association of the "dragon" described further in the Rev.13 chapter.

Those not grasping that with saying it's not about Satan being cast out of heaven to this earth for the last days has to dream up a whole other set of words instead of the actual reading of the Scripture there.

Richard Neal

Oct 3, 2012
veteran said:
First off, that's a LIE, because I do not mis-quote people. I am very careful to quote other's words accurately. It's others here that have misquoted my own words by chopping my sentences up.

There's only one star (angel) that falls from heaven to earth with the power to unlock the 'locusts' out of the bottomless pit. It is SATAN himself, just as the Rev.9:11 verse also reveals.

We are told in direct statements in Rev.12:7-17 that Satan and his angels will be cast out of the heavenly to this earth for the last days. It's associated with the time of the 5th Seal witnesses, the 3.5 years timing for the end, which is given in Daniel and in Rev.13 as a specific time of his persecution upon the saints, and even the symbolic title association of the "dragon" described further in the Rev.13 chapter.

Those not grasping that with saying it's not about Satan being cast out of heaven to this earth for the last days has to dream up a whole other set of words instead of the actual reading of the Scripture there.
Rev 9:1 "The fifth angel sounded his trumpet and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to earth (Lk 10:18). The star (Satan) was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he (Satan) opened the Abyss... v. 3 And out of the smoke (from the Abyss) locusts came down on earth...v. 11 "They (the locusts from the Abyss) had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek, Apollyon."....Satan can not be both in the pit and the one who releases others from the pit...Come on dude your hermeneutics are better than that.

This Abaddon was the fallen angel who led other angels who forcibly matted with women during the antediluvian age in an attempt to prevent the Messiah coming since He would "be of the seed of the woman" (Gen 6). For his crime he and his followers were locked in the Abyss so that they could not do again what they did...God destroyed the antediluvian world, not because it was any more "evil" than the world is today, but rather because Satan and Abaddon were winning in that all the families of earth had had their DNA perverted by fallen angel's matting with human women. Noah and his family were the last of humanity to survive Satan's war on humanity. Had God not stepped into time and destroyed the world, locked Abaddon and his angels up in the Abyss (another dimension), Noah and his family would surely have been defeated and mankind would have been replaced by a hybrid-man. Messiah could not, then, be "born of the woman" and Satan would have defeated God. Thus, mankind had to be saved then, just as they will have to be saved during the Great Tribulation Period, by God because they are powerless against Satan and his army of fallen angels..."Thus it will be as it was in the day of Noah."...Why do you think Noah took such great pains to speak about - to clarify the fact that his DNA was so pure in the section of Genesis which he penned (Gen 6)?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Richard Neal said:
Rev 9:1 "The fifth angel sounded his trumpet and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to earth (Lk 10:18). The star (Satan) was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he (Satan) opened the Abyss... v. 3 And out of the smoke (from the Abyss) locusts came down on earth...v. 11 "They (the locusts from the Abyss) had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek, Apollyon."....Satan can not be both in the pit and the one who releases others from the pit...Come on dude your hermeneutics are better than that.

This Abaddon was the fallen angel who led other angels who forcibly matted with women during the antediluvian age in an attempt to prevent the Messiah coming since He would "be of the seed of the woman" (Gen 6). For his crime he and his followers were locked in the Abyss so that they could not do again what they did...God destroyed the antediluvian world, not because it was any more "evil" than the world is today, but rather because Satan and Abaddon were winning in that all the families of earth had had their DNA perverted by fallen angel's matting with human women. Noah and his family were the last of humanity to survive Satan's war on humanity. Had God not stepped into time and destroyed the world, locked Abaddon and his angels up in the Abyss (another dimension), Noah and his family would surely have been defeated and mankind would have been replaced by a hybrid-man. Messiah could not, then, be "born of the woman" and Satan would have defeated God. Thus, mankind had to be saved then, just as they will have to be saved during the Great Tribulation Period, by God because they are powerless against Satan and his army of fallen angels..."Thus it will be as it was in the day of Noah."...Why do you think Noah took such great pains to speak about - to clarify the fact that his DNA was so pure in the section of Genesis which he penned (Gen 6)?
What did Jesus say about Satan's fall?

Luke 10:18
18 And He said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
(KJV)

Rev 9:1
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
(KJV)

Isa 14:12-15
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
(KJV)

Rev 20:1-3
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
(KJV)

That Rev.20 event is for the future of Christ's coming reign. So how is it, Satan is not cast into the pit and bound in chains until then??? That one of Rev.9:1 is about Satan alright. Compare Greek pipto ("fall") with katabaino ("come down").