If I'm a sinner how can I be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so speaking "to the choir" in a lot of your posts to me it seems Joseph. We seem to be saying the same things only in different ways.
I do well with simple..no, not "stupid" but as in 2 Cor.11:3 "But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ."
Hopefully ....
and always hopefully in spirit and in truth, in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you think? Who was in Athens (in ACTS) BEFORE the messengers from God brought the Gospel,
and who was still in Athens AFTER the messengers left ?
Greeks dominate the web site?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's backwards. You don't use one verse to interrupt multiple verses. Even that verse doesn't say baptism is necessary for salvation however.
What makes you conclude Jesus' Mark 16:16 words are an interruption?

I thought is was the great commission.

All the rest of the baptism verses must compliment it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I’m not sure what you mean. ‘I was afraid that you were saying that’ is not good to read. I can’t know your perspective there and why you say that, unless you share it?
well, the path to destruction is wide, is it not? The gate to salvation is narrow, and few there are who find it? So i dont know, ok, but it seems a better Q to me to wonder why anyone was surprised that a Rich Man could not be "saved," iow who then, can be saved? in that context really does not make much sense? I mean lets look at the vv that were cut out i guess maybe,
23Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”
24And the disciples were amazed at His words.
But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enterg the kingdom of God!
25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Apostles were baptized in the same manner that they baptized folks.
so you say, but ill wait for the Quote ok, no offense meant.

I think there is a very specific reason the apostles were not ritually baptized, and wadr your fabrication of their ritual baptism in the absence of any proof does not do them justice maybe. You cant find one, single v about one single apostle getting ritually baptized? And you dont think that is saying something to you, maybe?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but ill wait for the Quote ok, no offense meant.

I think there is a very specific reason the apostles were not ritually baptized, and wadr your fabrication of their ritual baptism in the absence of any proof does not do them justice maybe. You cant find one, single v about one single apostle getting ritually baptized? And you dont think that is saying something to you, maybe?
The Apostles were "do as I say, but not as I do"?

I can see Peter now....38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, but don't look to our example, because we have no need to have our sins remitted....

Reactions: Joseph77

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, the path to destruction is wide, is it not? The gate to salvation is narrow, and few there are who find it? So i dont know, ok, but it seems a better Q to me to wonder why anyone was surprised that a Rich Man could not be "saved," iow who then, can be saved? in that context really does not make much sense? I mean lets look at the vv that were cut out i guess maybe,
23Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”
But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enterg the kingdom of God!
25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
It's hard for the rich because salvation is a descent not an ascent as many believe

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Still not sure what is off with saying God is able to overcome the rich man’s attachment to his possessions.

Reminds me for whatever reason of Luke 7:40-43 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on. [41] There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. [42] And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? [43] Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Even before I logged in this morning, this came on the screen, and something that never happened before (fwiw), when I highlighted this section and a slip of the keyboard took me to another page - a search page on duckduckgo... and this was there (a very good reference (peaceful truth, no debate there, no arguing and false teachings like on this forum we are on) few know about that shows from Scripture , not men's thinking, various things helpful , good gifts from the Father above to us... (every good gift , every good gift is from the Father above) ... >
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit - Watchman Nee
www3 . telus.net/trbrooks/holybeliever.htm
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit . The Spiritual Man, CFP, Vol. 2, Part 4 THE SPIRIT, Ch. 1, by Watchman Nee. BELIEVER'S TODAY very much lack knowledge as to the existence and operation of the human spirit. Many are unaware that in addition to their mind, emotion and will they also have a spirit.
you want me to read this book? currently doubting is this even biblical? or assumptions based on the scriptures
but something never happened before? wondered what's that

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
They grow on you, lol.
Bottom line is that, it is NOT WHAT YOU DO that saves you, it is Him doing it all. And, Joseph was correct when he said Satan can and DOES screw with out consciences all the time...especially guilt!!!!! Hasn't he stolen enough of our lives? He has mine. :mad: NO MORE! Please do not feel as though you have to do works to be saved...works will come naturally when you renew your mind through The Word.
hi just a question i know you are not talking to me but i want to ask something about this

but what about the word of christ he know your works that is why if you do not repent and change your ways... he might abandoned you

don't you think the way you thought it is naturally renewing of mind might not think you think it is and is just fooling you? to mislead you? because a wolf can disguised as a sheep

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, fwiw, i would get a handle on the elephant in the room, what is obv being avoided here;
wth does "saved" even mean?
In the context of this discussion it means having put your faith in Jesus Christ so that your sins have been forgiven and you have been born again. In our natural state we are spiritually dead. When we are saved we become spiritually alive. Here is how Jesus described it in John 5:24: Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Apostles were "do as I say, but not as I do"?

I can see Peter now....38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, but don't look to our example, because we have no need to have our sins remitted....
well but you cant actually respond to my post, eh
so go with that then, i have no objection whatsoever ok, i dont even blame you
yes, the apostles were complete idiots, who did not even know what spirit they were of, right
Weapon of Choice

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In the context of this discussion it means having put your faith in Jesus Christ so that your sins have been forgiven and you have been born again. In our natural state we are spiritually dead. When we are saved we become spiritually alive. Here is how Jesus described it in John 5:24: Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
"its like this andlikethat and like this and" ya ok well here's how he also described it,
you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn them into twice the sons of hell you are
so theo, as i know you are a thoughtful person seeking Yah, maybe i could suggest as a thought experiment that you forget everything you know since its crap anyway, and find out why the pimps and hos are beating you into the kingdom, or at the very least learn the naive dialectic maybe?
i mean youre fine just like you are imo ok, but you of course wadr have not been born again yet, or you would not still be talking like a lawyer/professor imo see, in ambiguous religious sounding phrases that cannot be verified, or in Absolute Truths that can immediately be ignored?

so, im doing it again i guess arg, just feel free to ignore this ok, since youre going to anyway i guess, and go with that, what you said, im sure thats fine for now, and my apologies ok
all sins have been forgiven anyway
and no son of man may die for anothers sins, theo
Yah loves you ok bro, Yah is not mad at you, or eager to punish you, or anyone
what we are taught is absolute crap ok bro
have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It's hard for the rich because salvation is a descent not an ascent as many believe
well, prolly seems that way i guess, knowledge brings sorrow, ya, but sorrow turns to joy too right
walking on water is real enough though, fwiw
but youll never get there, ever, speaking satans dialectic i guess
see yall, have a nice day ok

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you want me to read this book? currently doubting is this even biblical? or assumptions based on the scriptures
but something never happened before? wondered what's that
When any seed is sown, and watered, (which people can do),
it is still only God Who Gives Growth, as He Pleases.
We can do nothing of ourselves.