If I'm a sinner how can I be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pause and think a while.... (clarifying.... )

Someone unsaved asks Jesus what to do ....

Did Jesus ever answer them ?

There is Jesus' answer , in spirit and in truth , vs all of men's answers in anything else.

Jesus tells people what to do.

Just talking about "works salvation" which, is wrong...the works come naturally when His Spirit moves us and speaks to our hearts. Sure don't want to give the wrong impression here...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just talking about "works salvation" which, is wrong...the works come naturally when His Spirit moves us and speaks to our hearts. Sure don't want to give the wrong impression here...
And there are "gold and silver" works, and "wood and hay and stubble" works, and
spiritual works and physical works and soulish works (I guess there's all of those and more),
and works destroying the works of the devil (every day),
and works "doing the will of My Father" (every day) ...
oh, that was food... well, works too ?
and how many other times "works" is revealed in the Creator's Word, Plan, Purpose and the future ?

without ever even touching the false gospels of prosperity, works salvation , lordship salvation, and so on...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are "gold and silver" works, and "wood and hay and stubble" works, and
spiritual works and physical works and soulish works (I guess there's all of those and more),
and works destroying the works of the devil (every day),
and works "doing the will of My Father" (every day) ...
oh, that was food... well, works too ?
and how many other times "works" is revealed in the Creator's Word, Plan, Purpose and the future ?

without ever even touching the false gospels of prosperity, works salvation , lordship salvation, and so on...

Every one of the "works" you listed have nothing to do with being saved! Why complicate stuff??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every one of the "works" you listed have nothing to do with being saved! Why complicate stuff??
I think that was the point - actually to simplify - as so many people think , believe, teach, or are taught that they SHOULD NOT DO ANY WORKS,
even so far as saying that IF YOU REFUSE TO COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU CONDEMNED because you are thereby UNDER (or trusting) THE LAW !

Those who are following Jesus MAY do so many works, THE WORLD CANNOT HOLD THE BOOKS if they were written !
And, about them is written: "The world IS NOT WORTHY of them" ....

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i was afraid that you were saying that tbh

I’m not sure what you mean. ‘I was afraid that you were saying that’ is not good to read. I can’t know your perspective there and why you say that, unless you share it?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, fwiw, i would get a handle on the elephant in the room, what is obv being avoided here;
wth does "saved" even mean?

Is that a cuss word hidden there ? !

"Saved" means many things, depending on both the origin, and the context.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Jesus ever said "Go and do no works" .....

RATHER, Jesus TOLD THEM WHAT TO DO.

I'm sure Jesus expected good works to come as a result of salvation and a changed heart and mind.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."
Ephesians 2:10

This to me, means that as God knows the end from the beginning...He has placed these works in our path already, and if we are sensitive to His Spirit and direction...we do not ever have to go out looking for good deeds to do...they will/have already been put in our path..."so that we would walk in them" He is always placing opportunities before us...it's only another of many ways He grows our faith, and obedience and learn to hear His voice.
God Bless

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure Jesus expected good works to come as a result of salvation and a changed heart and mind.
I don't believe Jesus expected , per se, anything.

He knew (and knows) what is in man, and expects nothing from them. (as if presumptively)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."
Ephesians 2:10

This to me, means that as God knows the end from the beginning...
continued- yes - He knows the end from the beginning, and does not get surprised by anything ,
and does not "expect" anything , as He Already Knows Perfectly....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This to me, means that as God knows the end from the beginning...He will place these works in our path and if we are sensitive to His Spirit and direction...we do not ever have to go out looking for good deeds to do...they will/have already been put in our path..."so that we would walk in them" He is always placing opportunities before us...it's only another of many ways He grows our faith, and obedience and learn to hear His voice.
... much for later .... as we are able to sow the seed that God Gives us as He Directs us, and we can water the seed as God Permits and Directs us,
and it is God Himself Who Gives Growth, as God Says in His Word....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well easy to say i guess, but harder to demonstrate. ty anyway tho ok

i mean didnt yall just go through the "show me where the apostles got baptized" thingy?
The Apostles were baptized in the same manner that they baptized folks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there's lots of verses that don't even mention baptism is relation to salvation.
True.

But if you use Mark 16:16 as the foundational salvation verse, the rest make sense.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even before I logged in this morning, this came on the screen, and something that never happened before (fwiw), when I highlighted this section and a slip of the keyboard took me to another page - a search page on duckduckgo... and this was there (a very good reference (peaceful truth, no debate there, no arguing and false teachings like on this forum we are on) few know about that shows from Scripture , not men's thinking, various things helpful , good gifts from the Father above to us... (every good gift , every good gift is from the Father above) ... >
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit - Watchman Nee
www3 . telus.net/trbrooks/holybeliever.htm
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit . The Spiritual Man, CFP, Vol. 2, Part 4 THE SPIRIT, Ch. 1, by Watchman Nee. BELIEVER'S TODAY very much lack knowledge as to the existence and operation of the human spirit. Many are unaware that in addition to their mind, emotion and will they also have a spirit.
No debate there?

How boring.

Who dominates the site?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

But if you use Mark 16:16 as the foundational salvation verse, the rest make sense.
That's backwards. You don't use one verse to interrupt multiple verses. Even that verse doesn't say baptism is necessary for salvation however.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... much for later .... as we are able to sow the seed that God Gives us as He Directs us, and we can water the seed as God Permits and Directs us,
and it is God Himself Who Gives Growth, as God Says in His Word....

You are so speaking "to the choir" in a lot of your posts to me it seems Joseph. We seem to be saying the same things only in different ways.
I do well with simple..no, not "stupid" but as in 2 Cor.11:3 "But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ."