If I'm a sinner how can I be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he who endures to the end will be "saved," for instance
nothing is said about that one getting baptized, etc right
could even be read "just dont commit suicide and you will be saved"
That verse was written to folks that were already baptized.

It was an affirmation, just like Rom 10:9.

These are not alternatives to Acts 2:38.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in the KJV where it says to Repent Of your sins to be Saved andI will give you $1000 ....
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9

PM me for where to send the money, please!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in the KJV where it says to Repent Of your sins to be Saved andI will give you $1000 ....
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.Luke 15:7

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”Mark 1:15

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”Acts 2:38

I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.Luke 13:3

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9

PM me for where to send the money, please!
I think he meant repentance alone without water baptism.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so it means they can see my thoughts?
they can see the heart then?
if it's really not from me
or they can see because they are living in the temple supposedly provided for the holy spirit but i let them in instead?
Even before I logged in this morning, this came on the screen, and something that never happened before (fwiw), when I highlighted this section and a slip of the keyboard took me to another page - a search page on duckduckgo... and this was there (a very good reference (peaceful truth, no debate there, no arguing and false teachings like on this forum we are on) few know about that shows from Scripture , not men's thinking, various things helpful , good gifts from the Father above to us... (every good gift , every good gift is from the Father above) ... >
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit - Watchman Nee
www3 . telus.net/trbrooks/holybeliever.htm
The Holy Spirit and the Believer's Spirit . The Spiritual Man, CFP, Vol. 2, Part 4 THE SPIRIT, Ch. 1, by Watchman Nee. BELIEVER'S TODAY very much lack knowledge as to the existence and operation of the human spirit. Many are unaware that in addition to their mind, emotion and will they also have a spirit.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.Luke 15:7

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”Mark 1:15

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”Acts 2:38

I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.Luke 13:3

As I said.....nowhere in the KJV does it say it “ repent of sins” to be SAVED.....if this was the Formula for Salvation....Nobody Repented like Judas did . It did him no good to suffer Regret and Remorse and Sorrow for what he had done....to Repent means to Turn To God because you see that you are a Sinner who needs a Savior...
Peter also sinned greatly, Yet he is in Heaven today while Judas is in Hell....What was the deciding factor when it came to the fate of these two men? Peter “ TURNED TO GOD” after he sinned ...Judas Turned to a Noose......
If you take all of your verses and inject “ Turn to God” every time” you see the sword “ repent”, I think you will get a better picture of what the Repentance That leads to Salvation is all about...
Any “ repentance” that does not lead to Faith in Jesus is gonna fall way short of where things needs to be, to be Saved.....Turning to Jesus with Faith is what Salvation is all about and Repenting from Sins won’t get you there.....Sorrow and regret for sins will perhaps Spur one to go on to Belief in Jesus, but it is the BELIEF.....not the Repentance , that does the Saving....
One can Repent without Believing , but it is impossible to Believe without Repenting ( changing your mind about who Jesus was/ is) That is why in Johns Gospel one will never see the word “ Repent” .....what you WILL see is a lot of the Word , “ Believe”..... John knew that “repentance” was built-In with Belief. That is why you see the Word “ Believe” dozens of times in John’s Gospel . That Book is where most Believers send people to If they want to become Christians .....if “ repenting from sins” was the Way to go for Salvation, it would be in that Book. It ain’t. That will tell a wise person a lot.....

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think? so a man can serve both Mammon and Yah then? Or i mean how might you justify that?

That is not what I meant but see how it might have seemed that way. Only pointing out first Jesus loved him. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

the rich man went away grieved because he had great possession. (imo) with men it is impossible for a rich man to do what men are wanting to be done there in that passage. Only pointing out yet He said what was impossible for the rich man is not impossible with God. (Philippians 3:4-8)...But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Maybe an example is the ‘why do you stand there looking up at the sky?’ or all the many others with a knee jerk response when something else is heard where what is impossible for men to lose or give up or stop speaking, is not impossible with God. Think somewhere above you even suggested be prepared that everything you’ve been told by the many doctrines of men and held on to as beliefs....you might have to give up. Is that possible for men without God?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said.....nowhere in the KJV does it say it “ repent of sins” to be SAVED.....if this was the Formula for Salvation....Nobody Repented like Judas did . It did him no good to suffer Regret and Remorse and Sorrow for what he had done....to Repent means to Turn To God because you see that you are a Sinner who needs a Savior...
Peter also sinned greatly, Yet he is in Heaven today while Judas is in Hell....What was the deciding factor when it came to the fate of these two men? Peter “ TURNED TO GOD” after he sinned ...Judas Turned to a Noose......
If you take all of your verses and inject “ Turn to God” every time” you see the sword “ repent”, I think you will get a better picture of what the Repentance That leads to Salvation is all about...
Any “ repentance” that does not lead to Faith in Jesus is gonna fall way short of where things needs to be, to be Saved.....Turning to Jesus with Faith is what Salvation is all about and Repenting from Sins won’t get you there.....Sorrow and regret for sins will perhaps Spur one to go on to Belief in Jesus, but it is the BELIEF.....not the Repentance , that does the Saving....
One can Repent without Believing , but it is impossible to Believe without Repenting ( changing your mind about who Jesus was/ is) That is why in Johns Gospel one will never see the word “ Repent” .....what you WILL see is a lot of the Word , “ Believe”..... John knew that “repentance” was built-In with Belief. That is why you see the Word “ Believe” dozens of times in John’s Gospel . That Book is where most Believers send people to If they want to become Christians .....if “ repenting from sins” was the Way to go for Salvation, it would be in that Book. It ain’t. That will tell a wise person a lot.....
Does this mean I'm not getting $1000? I demand reparations. :)
Yeah, repentance and belief go together. I would argue Judas didn't repent, he just felt bad about what he had done.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read this Luke 18:9-14 and it gives me hope, but then I read this and think I'm doomed Matthew 25:31-46.

I'm not the best at helping the poor and I don't visit people in jail or the sick too much. I do help people when I can.

So the thread is about what people think is required for salvation. I'm not real versed in this and my current views are orthodox, but this thread should be for all to express their opinions and debate how we can be saved.

I'm not one of the doctrine where I say I'm saved, I like to leave that up to God and just say I'm a sinner and need to be saved.

What are your beliefs?

Hello Devin!
I relate to what you have said here. If someone were to ask me even 15 years ago if I would ever volunteer with pantry's and soup kitchens...I would have said something like...'yeah, riiiiight...I think not! I did not have the compassion at that time that I do now, and it was like a total flip flop as, I am now volunteering at two different places because 1. I am retired 2. God has given me the grace to love these people I would always ignore on the streets. They grow on you, lol.
Bottom line is that, it is NOT WHAT YOU DO that saves you, it is Him doing it all. And, Joseph was correct when he said Satan can and DOES screw with out consciences all the time...especially guilt!!!!! Hasn't he stolen enough of our lives? He has mine. :mad: NO MORE! Please do not feel as though you have to do works to be saved...works will come naturally when you renew your mind through The Word.
God bless you brother, now rest in Him.

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
Romans 8:1

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line is that, it is NOT WHAT YOU DO that saves you
Pause and think a while.... (clarifying.... )

Someone unsaved asks Jesus what to do ....

Did Jesus ever answer them ?

There is Jesus' answer , in spirit and in truth , vs all of men's answers in anything else.

Jesus tells people what to do.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pause and think a while.... (clarifying.... )

Someone unsaved asks Jesus what to do ....

Did Jesus ever answer them ?

There is Jesus' answer , in spirit and in truth , vs all of men's answers in anything else.

Jesus tells people what to do.
He says take up your Cross and follow me, what does this look like in your opinion?

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That verse was written to folks that were already baptized.

It was an affirmation, just like Rom 10:9.

These are not alternatives to Acts 2:38.
well easy to say i guess, but harder to demonstrate. ty anyway tho ok

i mean didnt yall just go through the "show me where the apostles got baptized" thingy?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is not what I meant but see how it might have seemed that way. Only pointing out first Jesus loved him. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

the rich man went away grieved because he had great possession. (imo) with men it is impossible for a rich man to do what men are wanting to be done there in that passage. Only pointing out yet He said what was impossible for the rich man is not impossible with God. (Philippians 3:4-8)...But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Maybe an example is the ‘why do you stand there looking up at the sky?’ or all the many others with a knee jerk response when something else is heard where what is impossible for men to lose or give up or stop speaking, is not impossible with God. Think somewhere above you even suggested be prepared that everything you’ve been told by the many doctrines of men and held on to as beliefs....you might have to give up. Is that possible for men without God?
so you are saying that the rich man is saved regardless of his attachment to his possessions, bc Yah will save him regardless of his actions or where he places his faith, basically?

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, easy to say, hard to Quote. So no offense but i doubt it, and ive about had enough of the Hegelian tag-team for today guys, yall have a nice day ok
The quote function is working fine today (though the search and maybe notification functions are glitching?) ....

The truth is always easy to say - as Jesus says so, "the commands are light and not burdensome",
but also -
if you tell the truth, you will be kicked out, persecuted, and mocked, and put to death -
do not
expect to be treated any differently than I AM (JESUS) , is treated by men.