If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 4:19-20 KJV
[19] But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
Apparently Paul thought the kingdom was something witnessed in individuals as early as the first century?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also wanted to add to this thread for whom ever wants to know about the rod of iron. In my opinion is this.

Hebrews 1:8 KJV
[8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thy rod and thy staff comfort me.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also wanted to add to this thread for whom ever wants to know about the rod of iron. In my opinion is this.

[8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

WOW!

Psalm 23:3-6
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalms 89:14 "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you." (NIV)

Isaiah 32:1 "See, a king will reign in righteousness and rulers will rule with justice." (NIV)
Isaiah 32:17 "The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever." (NIV)
Romans 14:17 " For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit," (NIV)
Psalms 72:1-5 "Endow the king with your justice, O God, the royal son with your righteousness. May he judge your people in righteousness,
your afflicted ones with justice. May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor. May he endure as long as the sun, as long as the moon, through all generations.

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 89:14 "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you." (NIV)

Isaiah 32:1 "See, a king will reign in righteousness and rulers will rule with justice." (NIV)
Isaiah 32:17 "The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever." (NIV)
Romans 14:17 " For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit," (NIV)
Psalms 72:1-5 "Endow the king with your justice, O God, the royal son with your righteousness. May he judge your people in righteousness,
your afflicted ones with justice. May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor. May he endure as long as the sun, as long as the moon, through all generations.
Amen!

Reactions: APAK

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What in the world? This is something else a Premill has to face.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premills want all The Kingdom Promises after The Return, so they have to choose: we all get raised for JESUS to Reign for a thousand years at the end or only those still alive get to enter it.

You would think it would be obvious, at this point for them, that it just doesn't work.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is going to Come Back and let these people see Him ...and then not let them be Citizens for years? ...what?

Kingdom Promises are only for a thousand years?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premill needs to explain this:

Matthew 13:24-30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Also, the Scripture starts out curious ...sounds like now:

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another core issue with Premills is how they view this:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

//They are confusing first Verse with the Final Return. It was talking about The Coming of JESUS' Reign with Judgment. The Return is the Final Judgment. The Seven Seals have already started to be loosed ...if not all.

They don't acknowledge Verse 5:
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

//Do they really think St. Paul the Apostle was with us 2000 years later?

Matthew 16:28
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was JESUS overly dramatic if there was only a few days until His Transfiguration, with Matthew 16:28 saying "There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premill needs to explain this:

Matthew 13:24-30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Also, the Scripture starts out curious ...sounds like now:

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
This is a key passage of scripture that clearly stated that in this age all peoples live as one until the harvest. Those not truly of the Kingdom are 'cut out' and 'burned.' Those remaining are the ones already in the Kingdom and are transformed as vessels of lights.

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another core issue with Premills is how they view this:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

//They are confusing first Verse with the Final Return. It was talking about The Coming of JESUS' Reign with Judgment. The Return is the Final Judgment. The Seven Seals have already started to be loosed ...if not all.

They don't acknowledge Verse 5:
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

//Do they really think St. Paul the Apostle was with us 2000 years later?

Matthew 16:28
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
And Christ did come into his Kingdom, as those living then, and throughout the age, and today. We all followed Christ's lead.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am talking to you not them

Then prophecy is useless, and has no purpose or meaning. We can make prophecy say whatever we want it to. And no one can say we are wrong

I do not want to hear what someone else says, again I am talking to you.

12 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne

The child is Jesus,

the woman is Israel (12 sons of Israel)

The child was caught up to heaven after the cross. where he is today.

there is no other possible interpretation.

No prophecy wouldn’t be useless is what Jesus said about John referring to the valleys, hills, roads and more below literal?

Luke 3:4-6
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5 Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No prophecy wouldn’t be useless is what Jesus said about John referring to the valleys, hills, roads and more below literal?

Luke 3:4-6
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5 Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”
Has all people seen Gods salvation yet?

and yes it would be useless because no one can claim if it came true or
Not we can all make our own interpretation

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Has all people seen Gods salvation yet?

and yes it would be useless because no one can claim if it came true or
Not we can all make our own interpretation

How can you say or think that symbolism is so much more deeper and true than literalism it was talking about what John the Baptist did for Jesus.

Think about it in verse 4 did John the Baptist literally straightened a literal path for Jesus to walk on or did he prepare the peoples repentant heats for Jesus?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know Premills will not watch this, but wow. i'll have to dig out the points and make you read them.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, Ok, I'll be waiting...

The Covenant with the Nation of Israel was conditional on their obedience. The Covenant with Abraham through JESUS was Everlasting.

490 years of ignoring the Rest of every Sabbatical year ...let slaves go and let the land recover ...they cared too much about money ...the beast system.
490 years of Daniel's 70 weeks ...there is no gap, GOD doesn't extend His Prophecy Times.

Daniel knew why the curse was on them.

Right before the 70 weeks in the same Chapter:
Daniel 9:11
Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Deuteronomy 28:45
Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:

"Daniel's clock started running when Ezra restored and rebuilt Jerusalem - and resumed the Sabbatical year - under the decree of King Artaxerxes. The commandment was issued in 458 BC. The Sabbatical year was fulfilled in 451 BC, which was when the 490-year clock commenced. This harmonizes with the start of Nehemiah's Sabbatical year in 444 BC."
Matthew 18:22
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
//490 years ...the Seventy Weeks of Daniel.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 “But if you do not obey the Lord your God by carefully following all his commands and statutes I am giving you today, all these curses will come and overtake you: (Deuteronomy 28:15, CSB)

The 70 weeks are measured/determined.

You break the Measure of GOD when you try to put a gap in the 70 weeks.

----------------------

Was JESUS saying He was The MESSIAH with an Everlasting Kingdom?

Luke 24:44
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

//The Seventy Weeks are over, look at what that entails:

Daniel 9:24

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

//Sacrifice and Obligation is over because The Kingdom is in place.

Dan 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Luk 22:22
And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Last edited: