If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing

I understand the analogy, but they were together when the call of the Bridegroom came for them to get ready, and it was then that the five foolish found that they had not oil in their lamps that they needed to go out to the market to get that oil. Sort of akin to tongue speakers being with saved believers and found that by their testimony, they went out to the market to get another drink of the One Spirit just so they can pray in tongues.

Since they never repented from having that other drink... they were left out behind closed doors for why they were asking to come in.

Anyway, I do understand your analogy, but oil & wine has been associated with the Holy Spirit in other parts of scripture and not love. FYI

Reactions: Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another short commentary of Matthew 25:1-13..

People want to be in the Kingdom of God by knowing the Lord. The problem is that many go about it the wrong way, the dead way.

Those that are foolish in this goal decide in their hearts and minds to make their own way to the Kingdom by their own efforts and means. They live their lives with good works, acts of self-charity and self-love and associate themselves with holy things and holy people, both fake, the religious, and the genuine, scripture and true believers. They believe this will indeed get them over the ‘finish line’ that leads to knowing the Lord, eventually. They do not realize they are living their lives still in themselves and not in Christ. The Lord cannot ‘see’ a selfish heart, only a new spirit heart in the likeness of himself. The darkness in the heart cannot ‘see’ the light of God and the Lord cannot ‘see’ it either.

The wise ones believe the words of God and believe in the gospel. They accepted the gift of salvation through the grace of God and his son that supplied their hearts with the spirit of his son given by the Father. They became born-again believers and live their lives in this new spirit- filled (oil-filled) heart. They live their lives in Christ. They have the ‘oil’ that regenerates and lights their new hearts that leads them to the Lord and he shall ‘see’ them coming. He would see their ‘light.’

When the Lord returns at the most abrupt time, the Lord will only see the lit hearts of life. He will not see the darkness of men’s hearts. Crying out after one dies, or when the Lord returns, revealing self-righteousness and works of the heart will gain no reward except death. The Lord shall arrive and collect his own believers into the holy union and marriage. The glorification of their bodies to immortality with the Lord. The foolish ones waited too late to come to Christ the proper way and cry out to him in tears and wailing.

Lesson: Today is not the time to experiment and try to be a believer by your own means and methods through other men and religions. Be a true believer as scripture and Jesus wrote about. You will then be ready and have the ‘oil’ to fill and ignite (regenerate) your heart with the spirit of Christ through God. This the Lord will accept to his Lamb’s supper. He says come and I say I’m coming Lord. Amen.

Bless you,

APAK

Thanks for sharing that commentary, brother Apak. As in any commentary and footnotes, one should discern with Him by His words in that parable.

As you see by that commentary that oil is representative of the Holy Spirit; and since works has nothing to do with having that oil, as the foolish were waiting with the prudent before the call came to get ready when the foolish had found they were empty, thus they were hardly doing any work for why the foolish were empty.

I believe the Lord not knowing the foolish can be referred to His warning about false prophets coming into the assembly as the means that spread across the denomination is ecumenical in nature as being that false prophet in Matthew 7:13-27 where in many can prophesy in His name, cast out devils in His name, doing wonderful works in His name, eat & drank in His Presence, heard Him preach in their city streets, and yet that church that was led astray was labeled by the Lord as workers of iniquity for what He does not know them. In Titus 1:15-16, any work of iniquity .. what it does .. it denies Him; so when that work of iniquity denies Him, He will deny them ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) BUT even former believers that go astray, He is faithful because He still abides for He cannot deny Himself; ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ) so that means those foolish virgins outside that door, have His seal, but He knew them not because they were workers of iniquity for going out to the market seeking to be filled again by the Holy Spirit as those apostate movements of the "Spirit" do have the rudiment by which all those lying wonders come. So I believe that is why Jesus said that the Bridegroom did not know them as He would say it in Matthew 7:21-23 & Luke 13:24-30 for coming to God the Father as if by another way other than the only way of the Son in all things..but by the "Spirit"; John 14:6 & John 10:1 & John 10:7-9

So having the "oil" but too late to meet the Bridegroom, the offense was being out to the market to get that oil wherein the prudent never did.

Just as those who seek to be filled again, act as if they did not have the oil in the first place, and by being out to the market, signifies that iniquity.

All tongue speakers had the Holy Spirit since they had first believed at the calling of the gospel as promised, but by believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation for a sign of tongues, God permitted that strong delusion to occur for departing from faith unto another calling, another receiving of the spirit which they had not received, and unto another gospel.

The church at Thyatira has committed the same offense but God called them to repent of their spiritual fornication/adultery that has known the utter depths of Satan for which they speak; hence tongues without interpretation as that kind of supernatural vain & profane babbling tongue was in the world before Pentecost ( Isaiah 8:19 )

So I believe Jesus is referring to one of the great apostasy where the falling away from the faith is when those who take heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. Only God peradventuring can recover them, but as it is, that apostasy is across all the denominations, including the Catholics as that apostasy is the false prophet gathering grapes of thorns & figs of thistles and why many believers fall down in that kind of apostasy. Matthew 7:24-27

So if believers with the Lord's help, shun vain & profane babbling and pray normally, and get their edification by the written word, and chase no more after spirits for a sign, they may find themselves returning to the original testimony of the prudent, that they had been filled when they had first believed at the calling of the gospel.

Thanks again, brother APAK, for sharing that commentary. I do not agree with it, but thanks anyway.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JIF
I also am having a problem understanding but what I gather is that you like the KJ bible the best and that the CCC contradicts it.

I just want to say that the CC does not believe people go to hell for not going to confession. They DO believe that if someone has a mortal sin and does not confess it then they are lost.

Well, do consider that the fellow board member, Grams , had believed it for why Grams left the CC.

If you consider that on pg 222 of #837 where the Catholic catechism teaches that although incorporated into the Catholic Church and doing all the sacraments, if the believer does not persevere in charity, they are not saved, then how can any Catholic NOT think they are going to hell if they do not go to the confessionals when everything they do in the church is just as important for salvation?

Some priests I know do not really believe this, but I guess BreadofLife will have something to say about this.

Well, again, how can any priest not believe the loss of salvation; even BreadofLife believes one can lose salvation so he is in a conundrum for judging Catholics as lazy for not reading the Bible when the Catholic catechism pretty much over ride what the Bible says "if otherwise" as taught by the Catholic Church since Catholics are to rely on the Church for the final say on what the Bible says. Their catechism trumps Bible.

The older catholics basically don't understand why it's necessary to know the bible. They always depended on the priest to tell them what they need to know.

Being taught to rely in the "wisdom" of those who claim they have read that Bible, when in fact they are trained to take the Catechism over whatever else that the Bible opposes or does not support that which is in the Catechism, it is a wonder how a Catholic cannot believe they can lose their salvation.

Most of my catholic friends are happy to go to Mass and be "good" people.

Not in God's eyes when they believe that one time sacrifice for sins is being made present again so they can receive it again, thus treating the blood of the Son on par with the blood of goats and bulls, no... God will be wroth with those people, but as God judge, they are still His people, thus saved, but it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The ones who ARE interested do understand about belief, but they're few and far between. I think this is true in the Protestant church too these days. I'm not sure.

Lutherans have not dropped the term sacrament when they left the Catholic Church. They even believe His Presence is in the bread and the wine. I saw one Methodist church perform communion like the Mass. My former Presbyterian church had begun communion with, "We come into His Presence today..." as if He was not already within us since we had first believed the gospel when we were saved. So there is a lot of Catholic left in communion that needs pruning for people, including Catholics, to see our faith in Jesus Christ as standing apart from the dead works of the CC.

That is why I cannot point any Catholic to go to any Protestant churches, but I can point them to go to the Father by going to Jesus Christ for life.

Since obviously, no guarantee is given by the Catholic Church since all the works within that "savior " is dependent on the participants, how long will it be before the rest of the Catholics see the CC for the rip off that the CC is? There is no joy of salvation in it.

So what does the scripture point to for life?

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me......13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber......7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Catholic Church over the centuries has propped herself in between the believers and Jesus Christ in being that thief and taught to go to her for life instead of the Son, thus qualifying for the descriptive title of being one of the antichrists in the world. That is why they are to leave it for their faith to shine in Him.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you stop, take a deep breath and READ your post - because it doesn't make sense.

I am not trying to ridicule you or imply that you are not intelligent.
HOWEVER - you need to re-word your post so that I can respond because it is completely garbled.

Just humor me - and everybody else reading this . . .

Feel free to share to those lazy Catholics what they should have read in that Bible that would allay their fears about losing salvation for not going to the confessional booths.

I know you can't do it when you believe you can lose your salvation.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, do consider that the fellow board member, Grams , had believed it for why Grams left the CC.

If you consider that on pg 222 of #837 where the Catholic catechism teaches that although incorporated into the Catholic Church and doing all the sacraments, if the believer does not persevere in charity, they are not saved, then how can any Catholic NOT think they are going to hell if they do not go to the confessionals when everything they do in the church is just as important for salvation?

Well, again, how can any priest not believe the loss of salvation; even BreadofLife believes one can lose salvation so he is in a conundrum for judging Catholics as lazy for not reading the Bible when the Catholic catechism pretty much over ride what the Bible says "if otherwise" as taught by the Catholic Church since Catholics are to rely on the Church for the final say on what the Bible says. Their catechism trumps Bible.

Being taught to rely in the "wisdom" of those who claim they have read that Bible, when in fact they are trained to take the Catechism over whatever else that the Bible opposes or does not support that which is in the Catechism, it is a wonder how a Catholic cannot believe they can lose their salvation.

Not in God's eyes when they believe that one time sacrifice for sins is being made present again so they can receive it again, thus treating the blood of the Son on par with the blood of goats and bulls, no... God will be wroth with those people, but as God judge, they are still His people, thus saved, but it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Lutherans have not dropped the term sacrament when they left the Catholic Church. They even believe His Presence is in the bread and the wine. I saw one Methodist church perform communion like the Mass. My former Presbyterian church had begun communion with, "We come into His Presence today..." as if He was not already within us since we had first believed the gospel when we were saved. So there is a lot of Catholic left in communion that needs pruning for people, including Catholics, to see our faith in Jesus Christ as standing apart from the dead works of the CC.

That is why I cannot point any Catholic to go to any Protestant churches, but I can point them to go to the Father by going to Jesus Christ for life.

Since obviously, no guarantee is given by the Catholic Church since all the works within that "savior " is dependent on the participants, how long will it be before the rest of the Catholics see the CC for the rip off that the CC is? There is no joy of salvation in it.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me......13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber......7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Catholic Church over the centuries has propped herself in between the believers and Jesus Christ in being that thief and taught to go to her for life instead of the Son, thus qualifying for the descriptive title of being one of the antichrists in the world. That is why they are to leave it for their faith to shine in Him.

[[[[

And it was all 5 of us in my family ............. My husband me and our children.......

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit IS love!

Peace!

Among other fruits of the Spirit, but I believe the analogy of the oil or lack thereof is acknowledging that one is filled with the Spirit since our salvation when we had first believed at the calling of the gospel rather than believe the lie that they need to be filled again with the Holy Spirit, and thus moving away from their faith and out to the market for why they were not ready to meet the Bridegroom.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I suppose non-osas is spiritual, like being crippled and blind is spiritual, no faith. Can't get much illiterate than that

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the crippled man, “My friend, your sins are forgiven.”

Luke 18:42 Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."
Why are you hijacking this thread. It has NOTHING to do with OSAS.
If you want to argue that fairy tale - then start a thread . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you are calling me a liar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up Catholic.......... went to 6 years to the school...... and stopped going to the
church in my 50's......
It was a Polish Church to begin with........ And English was only spoken on Sunday.
And the Mass always in Latin.... Please stop calling me a liar ..............
That answers a LOT.

If you belonged to "The Polish National Catholic Church" - you did NOT belong to the Catholic Church. They are a renegade sect that broke away from the Catholic Church at the end of the 19th century.

And, for the record - I never called you a "liar".
As a matter of fact - I never called you anything but "grams".

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Novus Ordo in the VERNACULAR (NOT Latin) has been in practice for well over 50 years. This is the ORDINARY form of Mass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To claim that there were only Latin masses in 1988 is a lie of gargantuan proportions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you belonged to a renegade, dissident Catholic sect in the 1980's, chances are that your
parish celebrated Mass in ENGLISH if you lived in the USA.

------------------------------------------------
what is that then ?????????????????

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is that then ?????????????????
I pointed out a lie. - which is IS.
I never called you a "liar."

Now - DID you belong to the Polish National Catholic Church?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personally, anything extra-biblical that takes the place of the actual Word of God, IMHO-is waaaay off the mark. I def believe in Sola Scriptura.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pointed out a lie. - which is IS.
I never called you a "liar."

Now - DID you belong to the Polish National Catholic Church?

All I know about it is .......we never used a bible .
And the name of the church was.
Transfiguration Church.

Before I was born, the family belonged to St. Stanislaus
And before that in a different Country.....

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - you HAVE lied about this when you say that you "never" read the Bible as a Catholic. There is more Bible in each Mass than there is at ANY Protestant service.

Secondly - you blame the Church for your not reading the bible outside of Church.
That is YOUR laziness - NOT the Church's. My 91-year-old mother and her father were avid Bible readers their entire lives.

Blame yourself if you didn't know God's Word.

There you called me a layer............. My parents never had a bible !

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know about it is .......we never used a bible .
And the name of the church was.
Transfiguration Church.

Before I was born, the family belonged to St. Stanislaus
And before that in a different Country.....
And, all I can tell you is that a "Catholic" church that does not use a Bible is NOT a Catholic Church.
The Bible us used at EVERY Catholic Mass - explicitly in the Liturgy of the Word.

My guess is that your family belonged to the renegade sect that I referred to.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you called me a layer............. My parents never had a bible !
Uhhhh, no - I never called you anything.
I said that you LIED - I didn't CALL you a liar.

As for your parents never owning a Bible - that's on them - NOT the Church.
They were not forbidden from owning one. They were lazy in their faith.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was called : Just a Catholic Church...... We were all called Catholic.

My parents came from [my mom Poland ]and my Pa from either Germany or Russia or etc.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[I said that you LIED - I didn't CALL you a liar.]]]]]]]]]]

whats the difference ......... ???????? I told the truth........ and you cant say your sorry ?????

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was called : Just a Catholic Church...... We were all called Catholic.
My parents came from [my mom Poland ]and my Pa from either Germany or Russia or etc.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[I said that you LIED - I didn't CALL you a liar.]]]]]]]]]]
whats the difference ......... ???????? I told the truth........ and you cant say your sorry ?????
As I stated before - your math simply doesn't add up.

You claim you left the Catholic Church around 1988 - and it was completely in LATIN. This is false. The Ordinary form of the Mass was in the vernacular since the 2nd Vatican Council in the 1960's. The ONLY way that you or your parents would NOT be able to find a Mass in English would be the simple fact that you belonged to a renegade faction that broke away from the Catholic Church. That would make you something else - but NOT Catholic.

Finally - pointing out that somebody lied is an observation.
CALLING somebody a "Liar" is name-calling. I never did that, which means you are lying again . . .

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ I said that you LIED - I didn't CALL you a liar.]]]]]]]]]]

So what is the difference ??????

And I did not lie ...... that was my church and the nuns, hated boy's to top it off.....
they pulled there ears a lot ...... and one other thing , oh the ruler.