If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like a pissing contest to me

Rollo, you’re next
No, not a pissing contest. If it was HE would win over SHE....;)

It is common courtesy to answer a persons questions before asking them questions.

It's called having a conversation :)

Mary

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is it that men from different denominations using THE SAME SCRIPTURE for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training all come up with a different interpretation of that scripture???
The real issue is how in the world did the Catholic church manage to distort almost all Bible truth and Gospel truth? It is truly amazing.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not a pissing contest. If it was HE would win over SHE....;)

It is common courtesy to answer a persons questions before asking them questions.

It's called having a conversation :)

Mary

But are you an honest broker? Or are you following Stranger’s model of muddying the waters, rejecting all responses and claiming that desenters refuse to answer your question?

Cause we are all familiar with that dog and pony show

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gehenna sure does though; and i can find it in the Lex

"Gehenna [N]

(originally Ge bene Hinnom; i.e., "the valley of the sons of Hinnom"), a deep, narrow glen to the south of Jerusalem, where the idolatrous Jews offered their children in sacrifice to Molech ( 2 Chronicles 28:3 ; 33:6 ; Jeremiah 7:31 ; 19:2-6). This valley afterwards became the common receptacle for all the refuse of the city. Here the dead bodies of animals and of criminals, and all kinds of filth, were cast and consumed by fire kept always burning. It thus in process of time became the image of the place of everlasting destruction. In this sense it is used by our Lord in Matthew 5:22 Matthew 5:29 Matthew 5:30 ; 10:28 ; 18:9 ; Matthew 23:15 Matthew 23:33 ; Mark 9:43 Mark 9:45 Mark 9:47 ; Luke 12:5 . In these passages, and also in James 3:6 , the word is uniformly rendered "hell," the Revised Version placing "Gehenna" in the margin. (See HELL; HINNOM .)

This definition says to me that the fire itself is everlasting, but the unsaved will perish...not "burn for eternity".

Reactions: bbyrd009 and aspen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real issue is how in the world did the Catholic church manage to distort almost all Bible truth and Gospel truth? It is truly amazing.
I it truly amazing that you are twisting history. For you see young man the Catholic Church was first which means they interpreted the Bible first and THEN 2nd it was distorted by other men...... starting about 500 years ago.

Sooooo.....The real issue is how in the world did men from different denominations (starting 1,500 years after the Catholic Church) using THE SAME SCRIPTURE for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training all come up with a different interpretation of that scripture???

Mary

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I it truly amazing that you are twisting history. For you see young man the Catholic Church was first which means they interpreted the Bible first and THEN 2nd it was distorted by other men...... starting about 500 years ago.

Sooooo.....The real issue is how in the world did men from different denominations (starting 1,500 years after the Catholic Church) using THE SAME SCRIPTURE for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training all come up with a different interpretation of that scripture???

Mary

This is all static....
I expect so much more

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But are you an honest broker? Or are you following Stranger’s model of muddying the waters, rejecting all responses and claiming that desenters refuse to answer your question?

Your waters were muddy before anyone ever responded. Don't blame your confusion on me.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize for my initial pm to you Mary.... i thought you were and honest broker
I was wrong. BTW, i know the Catechism inside and out so please recognize this fact and move on

Reactions: bbyrd009

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mmmmmm.....read what was written. He didn't answer my question therefore it is not a claim like you allege, it is a fact.

I didn't muddy the waters. I asked a question and didn't get an answer. You have it backwards....He muddied the waters by not answering and asking a question instead of answering my question.

Do you even know what the meaning is of muddying the waters??? Let me help you: make an issue or a situation more confusing by introducing complications....That's what HE did, not me!!

Part of the definition for "honest broker" is an impartial mediator in disputes.

Soooo are you being an honest broker when you have already taken one side and twisted the meaning of muddying the waters and honest broker?? ;)

Mary

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmmmm.....read what was written. He didn't answer my question therefore it is not a claim like you allege, it is a fact.

I didn't muddy the waters. I asked a question and didn't get an answer. You have it backwards....He muddied the waters by not answering and asking a question instead of answering my question.

Do you even know what the meaning is of muddying the waters??? Let me help you: make an issue or a situation more confusing by introducing complications....That's what HE did, not me!!

Part of the definition for "honest broker" is an impartial mediator in disputes.

Soooo are you being an honest broker when you have already taken one side and twisted the meaning of muddying the waters and honest broker?? ;)

Mary

All garbage
Move on

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translation: I stuck my foot in my mouth by making an ignorant statement and I have been caught. ;)

Translation: i am a Pharisee with my back against the wall

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like the pope to me.
It's like you got into my mind somehow, rummaged around in the thoughts therein, found the one pertinent to the topic, and snuck back out again and were able to paste it on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I it truly amazing that you are twisting history.
The Protestant Reformation is a historical fact. So I am certainly not twisting history, while the Catholic Church has been twisting Scripture for ages. I just feel sorry for the Catholics who continue to believe the lies coming from the Vatican. There should have been a mass exodus from Babylon.

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Protestant Reformation is a historical fact. So I am certainly not twisting history, while the Catholic Church has been twisting Scripture for ages. I just feel sorry for the Catholics who continue to believe the lies coming from the Vatican. There should have been a mass exodus from Babylon.
Ok....Who said the Reformation wasn't a fact??? o_O

Hmmmmm......Protestant denominations don't agree with each other on everything but they agree with the Catholic Church on some things.

Soooooo wouldn't that mean that the Protestant denominations are telling lies also??? According to your above stated theory any doctrine the Protestant denominations teach to their members that AGREE with the Catholic Church means they are also teaching their members a lie also....right????

Soooo based on your theory there should have been a mass exodus from Protestantism also and you should feel sorry for your Protestant friends (and for yourself) who continue to believe the lie's their church leaders are teaching them which are the same lies that are being taught to the Catholics.;)

Mary

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo,

Now, now young man. When you answer my question, I will answer yours. Let's try again and I will modify the question so it is more clear:

How is it that men from different denominations using THE SAME SCRIPTURE for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training all come up with a different interpretation of that scripture??? Which denomination do you choose as the one who is going to teach, rebuke, correct and train you Rollow Tamasi???

Mary
Mary Mary Mary, quite contrary.
We are all at different levels in our walk with Christ
The one to listen to is the one walking in the Holy Spirit, and that could be anyone.
But you have to recognize the Spirit in that person before you will know for sure.
How about you Mary?
Do you recognize the Spirit of God when he is before you?
How do you know?