"If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Sir, are too ignorant of the OT law for Sabbath keeping to know how to keep the Sabbath.

The Jews had to make animal sacrifice on the Sabbath.
It is a direct command from God.
No jew would have kept the Sabbath if they failed to follow Gods laws!
You have created your own religion.

Numbers 28:1-31

-9 And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering.
-10 this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering.

You are ignorant of the law of keeping the Sabbath day!
You cannot possibly be keeping it.

You are not aware that burnt offerings were commanded by God for the Jews to be a part of the Sabbath.
Anyone today who claims to keep the Sabbath and does not follow Gods specific commandments on how to keep the Sabbath. Is fooling themselves into believing they are approved by God in their religious practices.
God would have put to death any jew that claimed to keep the Sabbath the way you "keep the Sabbath"!
Jews, Jews, Jews.

I'm not a Jew and Christians don't have to do all that nonsense.

The 10 Commandments are very straightforward. You have no quarrel with 9 of them, the 9 that you keep, by the way.

It's that pesky 4th Commandment that you just can't breathe properly about.

This'll clear it up for ya. Here is the entirety of the Commandment from your OT Pentateuch.

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates."
Exodus 20:8-10

There ya go. That's better. :)

No sacrifices. None of your dramatic, IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP, this 'n' that nonsense.

Have a good day. And try to relax, and rest, more. ;)

God bless.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 31:12 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Exodus 35:1 - Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't SDA’s seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Now who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? Maybe the Seventh day Adventist church? How about the Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the old covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations and the Church/the body of Christ is not under the law.

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel under the old covenant (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
That is SOUND Bible teaching!

Reactions: mailmandan

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews, Jews, Jews.

I'm not a Jew and Christians don't have to do all that nonsense.

The 10 Commandments are very straightforward. You have no quarrel with 9 of them, the 9 that you keep, by the way.

It's that pesky 4th Commandment that you just can't breathe properly about.

This'll clear it up for ya. Here is the entirety of the Commandment from your OT Pentateuch.

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates."

There ya go. That's better. :)

No sacrifices. None of your dramatic, IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP, this 'n' that nonsense.

Have a good day. And try to relax, and rest, more. ;)

God bless.

You cherry pick verses. And ignore what you dont want from Gods word.
That is not how one follows God!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 31:12 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Exodus 35:1 - Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't SDA’s seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Now who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? Maybe the Seventh day Adventist church? How about the Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the old covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations and the Church/the body of Christ is not under the law.

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel under the old covenant (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
Aww.

These are really interesting, and obnoxious, claims that you poor, uneducated professed christians are making.

It's sad that you don't know the Bible very well.

See, Jesus kept the Sabbath all His life and His followers even kept it the very night after He was crucified. No sacrifices made, no putting anybody to death.

It's a real Soap Opera drama-level event that you are making it out to be, but you're just misled and mistaken.

So sad and pitiful.

It's ok, though. It takes time to fully learn all of God's Word. We will all be learning about it for the rest of our lives.

The Sabbath is very easy to keep and all Christians should observe it just as the Commandment states.

See? Easy peasy. :)

God bless you, dan. AND your little mail bag. :)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
That is SOUND Bible teaching!
You cherry pick verses. And ignore what you dont want from Gods word.
That is not how one follows God!
You need to stop yelling and conduct yourself like an adult here. Not like an adolescent on crack cocaine.

We're discussing the Bible here. Not the latest sports event.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww.

These are really interesting, and obnoxious, claims that you poor, uneducated professed christians are making.

It's sad that you don't know the Bible very well.

See, Jesus kept the Sabbath all His life and His followers even kept it the very night after He was crucified. No sacrifices made, no putting anybody to death.

It's a real Soap Opera drama-level event that you are making it out to be, but you're just misled and mistaken.

So sad and pitiful.

It's ok, though. It takes time to fully learn all of God's Word. We will all be learning about it for the rest of our lives.

The Sabbath is very easy to keep and all Christians should observe it just as the Commandment states.

See? Easy peasy. :)

God bless you, dan. AND your little mail bag. :)
Jesus was born under the law (Galatians 4:4) so of course He kept the sabbath. Who is Exodus 20:8-10 written to? See Exodus 20:2. Nowhere in the New Testament is the Church/the body of Christ commanded to keep the sabbath day. SDA’s mix the old and new covenants together which creates a lot of confusion.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to stop yelling and conduct yourself like an adult here. Not like an adolescent on crack cocaine.

We're discussing the Bible here. Not the latest sports event.
I have no problem yelling out Hallelujah when someone speaks the Word of God!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was born under the law (Galatians 4:4) so of course He kept the sabbath. Who is Exodus 20:8-10 written to? See Exodus 20:2. Nowhere in the New Testament is the Church/the body of Christ commanded to keep the sabbath day. SDA’s mix the old and new covenants together which creates a lot of confusion.

These Sabbatarians need to give a new testament verse that binds Sabbath keeping on christians.
You know the truth Danthemailman.
There is no new testament verse for christians to keep the sabbath.
That's why these folks run to the OT covenant to defend their man made religion.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oopsy.

You missed this:
His followers even kept it (the Sabbath) the very night after He was crucified. No sacrifices made, no putting anybody to death.
See, that's why you're struggling to pick up the Bible. You're hurrying through everything.

Slow down, take your time, and really take in Scripture.

Then you'll see that the Sabbath is as important a Commandment for Christians, if not the most important, as any of the other 10.

It is how we establish a rich relationship with the Lord.

Now work on that Luke 23:54-56 passage. See if you can make that go away.

Good luck and God bless.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem yelling out Hallelujah when someone speaks the Word of God!
Quote just one single post of you yelling Hallelujah to any of my posts.

Good luck.

These Sabbatarians need to give a new testament verse that binds Sabbath keeping on christians.
There is no new testament verse for christians to keep the sabbath.
That's why these folks run to the OT covenant to defend their man made religion.
We post them all the time. Your gaggle deaf-ears them every single time, like dan just did about Luke 23:54-56.

Now, are you going to acknowledge that or ignore it?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oopsy.

You missed this:
See, that's why you're struggling to pick up the Bible. You're hurrying through everything.

Slow down, take your time, and really take in Scripture.

Then you'll see that the Sabbath is as important a Commandment for Christians, if not the most important, as any of the other 10.

It is how we establish a rich relationship with the Lord.

Now work on that Luke 23:54-56 passage. See if you can make that go away.

Good luck and God bless.
What’s to work on? There was a transitional period from the 4 gospel accounts to the book of Acts. Remember Peter’s vision in Acts 10? What about Paul the apostle to the Gentiles? This was not an overnight transition. Now go on little further into the New Testament and show me where the apostle Paul commands the church/the body of Christ to keep the sabbath day? Also keep in mind that the Gentiles were not under the law.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s to work on? There was a transitional period from the 4 gospel accounts to the book of Acts. Remember Peter’s vision in Acts 10? What about Paul the apostle to the Gentiles? This was not an overnight transition. Now go on little further into the New Testament and show me where the apostle Paul commands the church/the body of Christ to keep the sabbath day? Also keep in mind that the Gentiles were not under the law.
Nailed it!!!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote just one single post of you yelling Hallelujah to any of my posts.

Good luck.

We post them all the time. Your gaggle deaf-ears them every single time, like dan just did about Luke 23:54-56.

Now, are you going to acknowledge that or ignore it?

I never have yelled Hallelujah to any of your posts.
I would much rather us agree on the scriptures than disagree.
That's why I'm here so I can say Amen to Biblical teaching.
Love you, Sir

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's ridiculous, of course, but I'll go much further and do you one better.

Paul, himself, was a keeper of the entire Law, as a Christian - decades after Christ's crucifixion when you claim the Commandments were abolished.

Here we see an elder commenting to Paul about his diligence in keeping the 10 Commandments.

"... thou thyself also walkest orderly and keepest the Law."
Acts 21:24

The Laws about sacrifices, and ordinances, were long past by this time. There is no mistaking this was the 10 Commandments being referred to as the Law; the very Law that Christ kept His entire life.
John 15:10

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nailed it!!!
Is this the Two Stooges Tag Team? You two are repeatedly getting it wrong while continuing to high-five about it. o_O
I never have yelled Hallelujah to any of your posts. I would much rather us agree on the scriptures than disagree.
That's why I'm here so I can say Amen to Biblical teaching.
Well you're failing to notice I keep presenting Scripture, not just my own opinion.

That, in itself, deserves credit and a Hallelujah.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's ridiculous, of course, but I'll go much further and do you one better.

Paul, himself, was a keeper of the entire Law, as a Christian - decades after Christ's crucifixion when you claim the Commandments were abolished.

Here we see an elder commenting to Paul about his diligence in keeping the 10 Commandments.

"... thou thyself also walkest orderly and keepest the Law."
Acts 21:24

Sacrifices, and ordinances, were long past by this time. There is no mistaking this was the 10 Commandments being referred to as the Law; the very Law that Christ kept His entire life.
John 15:10
You do not understand what was going on in the book of Acts with the apostles.

That same Paul said this,
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything nor uncircumcision, but faith which worketh by love.

That is what Paul thought of the old Mosaical law.
This verse in Galatians 5:6 is written for all nations today.
Jews today need not be circumcised.
Parents can choose to circumcise their children or not.
Either way there is no law in Christs gospel.

Give a verse where Paul commands Christians to observe the OT covenant with the jews?

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, you and your little crew (facade) go around naysaying and ganging up on anybody who speaks against OSAS or Pre-Mil or your trinity god, or who desires to obey Scripture by keeping God's Word, the Commandments and, as True Christians are supposed to, following Christ's Way of keeping all 10.

You project the illusion of being the 'in-crowd' and belittling the little guy who humbly speaks up for God and the Truth of Scripture.

You are exactly like the Pharisees.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Good way to blame shift

Before you attack others look inside.

I am not pumping my chest. I know i am a sinner. I know I am unworthy. I know apart from Grace I am doomed.

I just have faith in Gods promises. Unlike you who think God is a liar.

When he said I have eternal life. You want me to believe he said conditional life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Sir, are too ignorant of the OT law for Sabbath keeping to know how to keep the Sabbath.

The Jews had to make animal sacrifice on the Sabbath.
It is a direct command from God.
No jew would have kept the Sabbath if they failed to follow Gods laws!
You have created your own religion.

Numbers 28:1-31

-9 And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering.
-10 this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering.

You are ignorant of the law of keeping the Sabbath day!
You cannot possibly be keeping it.

You are not aware that burnt offerings were commanded by God for the Jews to be a part of the Sabbath.
Anyone today who claims to keep the Sabbath and does not follow Gods specific commandments on how to keep the Sabbath. Is fooling themselves into believing they are approved by God in their religious practices.
God would have put to death any jew that claimed to keep the Sabbath the way you "keep the Sabbath"!
1 Timothy 1:7
desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.

Fits them well

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either way there is no law in Christs gospel.
Law or not, there are still 10 Commandments. If there weren't, then it would be impossible to sin today. 1 John 3:4

You have some close buddies here that can school you on the chances of that being the case.
Give a verse where Paul commands Christians to observe the OT covenant with the jews?
Give a verse where God says "Don't ever obey My Commandments again."