I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, astral projection is not witchcraft, it's a normal function of mind. You astral project every night when you dream, and it's mentioned by both John in Revelation and Paul in 2 Corinthians.

The other stuff, I won't address because there's already been lengthy discussion on that. You're going to believe what you want to believe anyway. But the heaven part I guess I will.

I'm surprised that you're asking me that question. Don't you know what it means to be saved or how to enter eternal life? But, from a Veridican perspective--which is the correct perspective--you have to become Christ. You have to become Mayflower Christ, even if you don't walk around signing documents with that name, you have to be transformed from what you are into what He is. If you say you are not Christ, then you are denying Christ. It's not enough to say you follow Jesus. Demons followed Jesus everywhere he went. Multitudes followed Jesus until they abandoned him. His disciples followed Jesus until they left him to die alone on the cross. If you will not eat his flesh and drink his blood, you have no part in him. If you do not hate your mother and father, sisters and brothers, husband and children, and even your own life, you have no part in him. Can you be baptized with the same baptism as Him? You need to WAKE UP! ...and count the cost.

That's what it takes for a person to get into heaven.
wavey.gif

I don't know what "face the board" means, and you're the same as just about every other World Christian that has "welcomed" me to this forum.
bored.gif

Face the board is just being asked a ton of questions. People do it for fun on some forums, but they are usually fun questions. I have come on here leery, because you are teaching a new doctrine the Bible warns about listening to, and quite a few have seemed upset by this.

You were wrong with tarot cards and I think you should ask God about astral projection and reveal to you the truth about it. There is only one Lord, and though Christians are heirs to the kingdom of God, I will never be the Savior of the world. I just hope I can look more and more like Him and die to myself daily.

Salvation is trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins. He died on a cross, was buried in a tomb, and rose again after three days. His payment was final for every man for all time. People do not go to Hell because they sin. They go to Hell because they reject the payment for their sin. Salvation is free to all, but not many accept it. A true repentant person will want to live for God out of gratefulness and love for what the Father sacrificed. We should look more and more like our Savior, but we cannot save ourselves. We are not part of the Trinity.

Have a good day, Edward Gordon.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Face the board is just being asked a ton of questions. People do it for fun on some forums, but they are usually fun questions. I have come on here leery, because you are teaching a new doctrine the Bible warns about listening to, and quite a few have seemed upset by this.

You were wrong with tarot cards and I think you should ask God about astral projection and reveal to you the truth about it. There is only one Lord, and though Christians are heirs to the kingdom of God, I will never be the Savior of the world. I just hope I can look more and more like Him and die to myself daily.

Salvation is trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins. He died on a cross, was buried in a tomb, and rose again after three days. His payment was final for every man for all time. People do not go to Hell because they sin. They go to Hell because they reject the payment for their sin. Salvation is free to all, but not many accept it. A true repentant person will want to live for God out of gratefulness and love for what the Father sacrificed. We should look more and more like our Savior, but we cannot save ourselves. We are not part of the Trinity.

Oh, well said Mayflower.
OIP.t6zTiQ0ekNGP8T-R2PuysgHaE8

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have come on here leery, because you are teaching a new doctrine the Bible warns about listening to,

And yet, here you are. Imagine that.
coffeedrinker.gif

I think you should ask God about astral projection and reveal to you the truth about it.

I have. He did.

There is only one Lord, and though Christians are heirs to the kingdom of God, I will never be the Savior of the world. I just hope I can look more and more like Him and die to myself daily.

No one said you have to be the Savior of the World. That was Jesus Christ. But here you are with your "talk." You say you want to look more and more like him and die to yourself daily. So, my question to you is at what point do you stop? Or is it like a calculus thing: The closer you get to being like Christ the more time approaches infinity?

I mean, do you care what Jesus had to say about it. Or do you go pretty much with what you've been taught?

Salvation is trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins.

Not according to Jesus. But what does that matter, right?

He died on a cross, was buried in a tomb, and rose again after three days.

Amen.

His payment was final for every man for all time.

Not according to Jesus. He only died for the elect.

mmm buh bye.
pickteeth.gif

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And yet, here you are. Imagine that.
coffeedrinker.gif

I have. He did.

No one said you have to be the Savior of the World. That was Jesus Christ. But here you are with your "talk." You say you want to look more and more like him and die to yourself daily. So, my question to you is at what point do you stop? Or is it like a calculus thing: The closer you get to being like Christ the more time approaches infinity?

I mean, do you care what Jesus had to say about it. Or do you go pretty much with what you've been taught?

Not according to Jesus. But what does that matter, right?

Amen.

Not according to Jesus. He only died for the elect.

mmm buh bye.
pickteeth.gif
You are being cruel to this lovely kind lady who speaks the truth. And now I expect you will be scathing to me - again.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, no you don't.

Then it's not the same thing. We're not talking about the same thing. I actually think I need to change the term in the Articles of Faith for the Veridican Church. I think, what I mean by astral projection, when it is put into Christian terms is "visions." having visions. So, I'm going to go work on that.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then it's not the same thing. We're not talking about the same thing. I actually think I need to change the term in the Articles of Faith for the Veridican Church. I think, what I mean by astral projection, when it is put into Christian terms is "visions." having visions. So, I'm going to go work on that.

I don't think astral projection is visions either. Astral projection is when your physical body is one place but a projection of your body is someplace else talking with someone else. Someone can see your physical body and someone else can see your projected body somewhere else.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't think astral projection is visions either. Astral projection is when your physical body is one place but a projection of your body is someplace else talking with someone else. Someone can see your physical body and someone else can see your projected body somewhere else.

Astral projection involves visiting the spiritual world which is formed from your mind and the minds of others, maybe the space in between but that is irrelevant. I'm not aware of any traveling being involved with any visions mentioned in the bible. Perhaps someone can recall one? A prophet is shown what God wants them to see in a vision.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Astral projection involves visiting the spiritual world which is formed from your mind and the minds of others, maybe the space in between but that is irrelevant. I'm not aware of any traveling being involved with any visions mentioned in the bible. Perhaps someone can recall one? A prophet is shown what God wants them to see in a vision.
True

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
We believe that by participating in our Eucharist ritual we die to who we are and are transformed into what Christ is. We become one with Him. We are Him, and he is us. We believe this spiritual rebirth is the only reason God made human beings in the first place. We believe it is the ultimate purpose of all mankind.

How does the Veridican believe they achieve righteousness with God? Does Jesus have a part in it?

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can the Holy Spirit be in a piece of bread?

It’s a parallel.
Men “eat” bread to “temporarily” sustain their natural body’s blood life, (which is already sentenced to die.) Gen 9:5

What Jesus’ offered men to “eat” is His Word, to “permanently” sustain a mans bodily life (without blood).

The wine...the same....men drink.
Jesus’ blood...for forgiveness ...(of men being naturally born against God.)

The Holy Spirit is Gods “supreme” Power.
The “supremacy” of Gods Power, IS Gods Glory, that He “Gives” to no one.

The Final outcome...IS man WITH God or man WITHOUT God.
...A man WITH God, will forever have Gods Glory, Power, “REFLECTED” upon the man.

OT man, NT men, and to this day....”daily” individual men, Believe in God, Doubt God, Vacillate, Deny, Believe, Wonder, (influences by what knowledge individual men hear daily they ponder and consider)...
Men believing....God WITH them. (His glory “reflecting” ON them)
Men doubting, denying....God WITHOUT them. (His glory NOT on them)
Same man again believing...God WITH him. (His glory “reflecting” ON them)
Same man again doubting....God WITHOUT him. (His glory NOT on them)
THAT ^ has been happening daily, for individual men, since the beginning of mankind, nothing new.

The NEWNESS, arrived, when Gods Word was Sent OUT of Gods mouth IN Heaven TO Earth, in the likeness AS a men, to face to face speak TO men.

And men discovered, Gods Word, (called Jesus) is also Gods Power (called Christ).
And the awesome Offering of God...for any Willing man to Freely Choose (or not).

That Gods Power, would ENTER “INTO” a “mans Natural Body”, Stay “IN” that man for the duration of that mans body’s (Natural “blood” life cycle)...and BY that POWER of GOD, IN a man...Gods Power WILL KEEP than willing man; FOREVER “WITH” GOD.

It’s a POWER transfer so to speak.
It completely “changes”, FROM a man “trying” to use his “own power” to STAY with God (while being daily bombarded with mans knowledge to ponder, consider, give attention to, waver, doubt, etc.)
TO “Gods Power”, ‘doing’ the KEEPING of the MAN...”WITH” God forever.

Many scriptures reveal Gods Power IS Supreme, and No Power is Greater than Gods...
Many scriptures reveal God Offers, and every man can Freely choose or reject Gods Offerings.
The one liner wrap up... IS for any many who Chooses Gods Offerings...IS:

Greater IS HE, that is “IN” YOU, that he that is in the world...
“IN” you is the key, is the whole premise of OSAS, is the assurance of Gods Word, the Peace and Safety for a man, that nothing can undo, supersede, take away from God what He has Sealed unto Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How does the Veridican believe they achieve righteousness with God? Does Jesus have a part in it?

Through the atonement achieved by Jesus Christ during his death on the cross. I was going to elaborate, but really, that's it. There are different theories of atonement; I have my own theory, but in the end, that righteousness is achieved through what Jesus did. A man can't make himself righteous before God.

Reactions: APAK and lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Through the atonement achieved by Jesus Christ during his death on the cross. I was going to elaborate, but really, that's it. There are different theories of atonement; I have my own theory, but in the end, that righteousness is achieved through what Jesus did. A man can't make himself righteous before God.
Thank you for the reply. I do believe the simple direct answer is best.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not aware of any traveling being involved with any visions mentioned in the bible. Perhaps someone can recall one?
Both the apostles Paul and John were taken to Heaven. But that was not of their own volition. It was God who took them there and brought them back.

On the other hand Tibetan monks etc. choose to go into meditative states and project themselves elsewhere. But there is occultism involved.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true. To say that Christ died "only for the elect" is a bunch of Calvinist vomit.
DWG: The prerequisite act for Salvation is Christ's atonement, redemption and deliverance FOR ALL mankind, from death and the clutches of the evil one, with the price of his life and blood on the Cross. However, this does not automatically follow that Salvation is assured for ALL Mankind. The Cross never caused and causes ALL to be saved. We are assured ONLY of being released from death prison in order to be saved. We cannot be saved if we are still in chains, in bondage, and servants of the evil one.

It is up to the Father to choose us by his grace that he offers freely without compensation. It is conditional that we accept this free gift of life however. We must accept his terms: Accepting his Son, the Christ first, from our heart. This true act of yielding our will over to the Father and our confession of sin and sinful nature MUST be validated by the Father. We cannot validate it ourselves. Then and only then are we given the miracle seed of life, the spirit of truth of Christ and thus salvation. And only his elect are chosen, not ALL mankind.

BL: Christ DID NOT die for ALL to be saved, only his elect.

Reactions: Edward Gordon
Status
Not open for further replies.