I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Edward, sorry if my welcome sounded a bit cold... I really do come in peace if you don't want to "face the board."

Sometimes I'll read some different beliefs on CB and just go whaaaaaat!!!! There are many voices on CB and it can become a yelling match sometimes, but Holy Spirit does speak when people listen.
@Mayflower Ppl who are not accustomed to talking about the Scriptures can take a while to get used to the idea...

Reactions: Mayflower

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Edward Gordon Edward, just a quick addition and improvement on the sources for the 'fire' raging today....before I forget. There maybe be more links and overlays

GT v. 16 => GT v. 10 + Matt 10: 34-36...

16 Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. 2 They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. 3 For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, 4 and they will stand alone."

10 Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool. Didn't know you were on there. I've been on Talk Jesus a few months now!!!
I was active there for quite a while, but every time I posted anything even slightly favorable to the Catholic Church or slightly opposed to the Trinity and in a few other areas, most of the moderators came against me and on those subjects, they would often delete my posts and issue me warnings. You not allowed to even discuss some subjects. Finally, I came back here where I was already a member and so then until now.

I am still a member of Talk Jesus, but seldom venture that way as I must be willing to censor myself. I cannot change what I believe. Here I am usually tolerated on those things, at least by the moderators, even if they disagree with me.

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edward, sorry if my welcome sounded a bit cold... I really do come in peace if you don't want to "face the board."

Sometimes I'll read some different beliefs on CB and just go whaaaaaat!!!! There are many voices on CB and it can become a yelling match sometimes, but Holy Spirit does speak when people listen.
And there certainly are other voices speaking on this forum, besides that of the Holy Spirit.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Backlit...at the time Jesus was walking with the two on the road to Emaus not one letter had been drawn in the New Testament. Of course, he was going to refer to the OT to show himself. And the OT still does point to Jesus Christ. But either you're going to be a kind of Jew or you're going to make the decision to follow ONLY Jesus Christ. It's not me forcing that choice on you, Jesus Christ has forced that choice on us--assuming we're called in the first place.
KJV Matthew 24:24
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that usually involves someone deceptively posting under conditions more favorable for them to proselytize for a cult.
You can’t become God.
This definitely puts you outside of classical, traditional Christianity. Occult practices of pagan religions are expressly forbidden because they are expressly forbidden in the Old Testament scriptures, which Jesus supported and endorsed completely.
For those who cannot or do not have the gift of discerning of spirits . My advice is new age is all over this. This is all bad news.
I think I will move this thread into the General Discussion forum at the bottom of this Forum Page
Astral Projection is Astral Projection.
you accept the gnostic gospel forgery called the gospel of Thomas.
I trust there ARE fallen angels roaming the earth, looking for weak, unlearned victims to influence them in all kinds of ridiculous nonsense...
I quoted some scriptures that point to only Jesus as our High Priest but you ignored them. I also asked you how many followers do you have for your cult but you ignored that too.
With all due respect Edward, the Veridican Church is a dangerous cult. The first thing on their web site is the Pentagram. And you know to whom the Pentagram belongs.

View attachment 19401
If you give people enough time they’ll always tell you who they really are.

I am tagging (via quotes) several people from this thread because I just wrote a piece on the subject of astral projection and I think it is a serious enough subject matter under the present circumstances that our members here should be made aware of it.

If I've missed anyone, I will try to tag them tomorrow.
- H
Astral Projection: The Devil's Playground

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edward. I'm still lost about transubstantiation. If you believe that your Eucharist is the body and Blood of Christ, how do you account for the fact that Jesus was still alive when He told His disciples "This is My Body" and "This is my Blood" and had no body parts missing (Lamb without blemish.)
You say you partake of His Body, but it's not His physical body? and it's not a symbol (which makes a whole lot more sense for it to be)
It does not make any sense.

And if you follow Jesus, do you also follow the 10 Commandments, because Jesus did.
John 15:10"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Further, Jesus asks us to "Love the Lord thy God", and to "love thy neighbor as thyself" This does not sound like an elitist Being to me. He sounds loving. (BTW those two commandments He gave are from the OT. )

Deut 6:5 "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lev 19:18:"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

A lot of your philosophy reminds me of an entity that used to inhabit a woman name Jane. His name was Seth, and she wrote books about him.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Colossians 1:23 KJV
[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
You need the epistles, it’ll help with your delusions.

You asked for my reconciliation of two scriptures from the Gospel. If you don't want my answer, or you feel I'm merely delusional. DON'T WASTE MY TIME. I assure you; I won't be wasting anymore time answering your questions. You don't even have the decency to reply to the lengthy answer I gave you.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Edward. I'm still lost about transubstantiation. If you believe that your Eucharist is the body and Blood of Christ, how do you account for the fact that Jesus was still alive when He told His disciples "This is My Body" and "This is my Blood" and had no body parts missing (Lamb without blemish.)
You say you partake of His Body, but it's not His physical body? and it's not a symbol (which makes a whole lot more sense for it to be)
It does not make any sense.

We don't consume Jesus of Nazareth. We consume Christ. Christ is spirit, we are consuming the body and blood of Christ.

Reactions: amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Thomas saw Him resurrected, with a body. so did the others.
Why was His body resurrected?

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I read quite a bit of the thread. I wasn't quite sure how to respond. I'll just give it a go.

Welcome to CB, Edward! I believe the Word of God from beginning to end and believe things like astral projection is witchcraft also. I am glad to hear you gave up tarot cards, but astral projection and doctrines leaving out much of the Bible can lead a lot of people astray. The pentagram is definitely used as a satanic symbol also.

What do you believe it takes for a person to get into Heaven?

Well, astral projection is not witchcraft, it's a normal function of mind. You astral project every night when you dream, and it's mentioned by both John in Revelation and Paul in 2 Corinthians.

The other stuff, I won't address because there's already been lengthy discussion on that. You're going to believe what you want to believe anyway. But the heaven part I guess I will.

I'm surprised that you're asking me that question. Don't you know what it means to be saved or how to enter eternal life? But, from a Veridican perspective--which is the correct perspective--you have to become Christ. You have to become Mayflower Christ, even if you don't walk around signing documents with that name, you have to be transformed from what you are into what He is. If you say you are not Christ, then you are denying Christ. It's not enough to say you follow Jesus. Demons followed Jesus everywhere he went. Multitudes followed Jesus until they abandoned him. His disciples followed Jesus until they left him to die alone on the cross. If you will not eat his flesh and drink his blood, you have no part in him. If you do not hate your mother and father, sisters and brothers, husband and children, and even your own life, you have no part in him. Can you be baptized with the same baptism as Him? You need to WAKE UP! ...and count the cost.

That's what it takes for a person to get into heaven.
wavey.gif

I don't know what "face the board" means, and you're the same as just about every other World Christian that has "welcomed" me to this forum.
bored.gif

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked for my reconciliation of two scriptures from the Gospel. If you don't want my answer, or you feel I'm merely delusional. DON'T WASTE MY TIME. I assure you; I won't be wasting anymore time answering your questions. You don't even have the decency to reply to the lengthy answer I gave you.
Ok, thanks anyhow. I wish you the beast of luck in your pursuits, and hope you all a happy holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.