Imagine a World with no Christians!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, James.

If you can take some friendly advice here, while you are not setting an actual date, you are playing around with the dates of Jewish holidays to base your predictions on, which is running dangerously close. There have been many who did that and fell flat on their faces.

I suggest you set it aside and just focus on living for the Lord before you get caught up into playing around with dates too much.

God bless,
- H

But why would our Lord give warnings, to just set them aside? Are we Ostriches or wise men?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of Christian people believe that there will be a "pre-tribulation rapture”, that is: they believe that before the beast of Revelation takes over, makes war on the saints, and demands his mark on each person's body, all Christians will be "raptured".

The word rapture and the idea of a removal of living people to heaven is not in the Bible.

The Bible does not teach a pre-tribulation rapture. It teaches tribulation and how we must endure until the end. Because these people believe that they will not be here for the tribulation, they are not spiritually or physically preparing themselves, or their children, for what is to come.

They cannot see what is happening before their very eyes. They are so locked into deception that they cannot see nor hear. Not only are they deceived, they condemn anyone who does not believe in a pretribulation rapture.

The nature of deception is that you really believe what is false and that you disbelieve what is true. The only way that someone can come out of deception is if they really love the truth. If someone truly loves the scriptures, he will change his beliefs to conform to the scriptures when he sees that he is wrong. Unfortunately, most people feel that they have too much to lose by changing their false belief system. What if a dispensationalist preacher accepted the truth that he has been preaching a lie? Do you think his preacher friends will congratulate him for leaving deception? Do you think his dispensationalist congregation will be happy with him? There is a good chance that he will lose his tenure and position. Because many love the praise of men more than the praise of God, they will stay in deception rather lose their standing in their community. They cannot even afford to think that their beliefs may be wrong. You have to really love the truth to run this race.

Dispensationalism and the rapture is a heresy taught all across the face of the earth in Bible colleges and seminaries. It is preached and taught from pulpits, in books, and videos. If you go to a dispensationalist church, the people may hand you an armload of books to read about dispensationalist doctrines. They will invite you to sit through their biased Bible studies and maybe have you watch dispensationalist teachers on videos or in conferences. They will use all kinds of sophistry in their sermons. They will take scriptures out of context and make them infer a meaning that simply isn’t there. They will say that you are not a "Bible-believer" if you refuse to believe in dispensationalism. They will also tell you that you have to, "rightly divide the word of truth" as if the scriptures will lead you to dispensationalist conclusions. Then they may send more books home with you to read. If you remain unconvinced, they may berate you, and maybe even call you a heretic and will consign you to the hell they think is to come onto the earth.

All this is really sad, because the truth of God’s Plans for His people, are for their wellbeing and He is ready to pour out His blessings upon every Christian who stands firm in their faith during the testing time to come.

Whoa, one thing at a time, so what's your main point? No Rapture?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
??? Paul is saying some people will survive the Great Tribulation and they will not die bodily but be changed into immortals, then they will be raptured up to the clouds.

That's a stretch.
How do you get all that, out of that verse?
What about the things our Lord said?
Not saying your 100% wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about after, no more warnings?
Why can't we use them twice?

Because Jesus was talking directly to the deciples telling them what they would see that’s why He repeatedly used the term “you” in the Olivit discourse and history and the book of Acts confirms what actually happened.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings, James.

If you can take some friendly advice here, while you are not setting an actual date, you are playing around with the dates of Jewish holidays to base your predictions on, which is running dangerously close. There have been many who did that and fell flat on their faces.

I suggest you set it aside and just focus on living for the Lord before you get caught up into playing around with dates too much.

God bless,
- H
I find this a really strange post HIH, you yourself serve to give insights into the signs and times, so surely to tell someone else to ‘ just focus on living for the Lord before you get caught up into playing around with dates too much ‘ slightly, dare I say, hypocritical xx
You often use news reports and other info to tie in with your own predictions and interpretations…..that could, by some, be classed as equally playing around………
Just saying, not as a mod , but as a member here x
Rita

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about saints either now or in the future.

1Co 15:51 Listen, and I will tell you a divine mystery: not all of us will die, but we will all be transformed.
1Co 15:52 It will happen in an instant—in the twinkling of his eye. For when the last trumpet is sounded, the dead will come back to life. We will be indestructible and we will be transformed.

Your Bible is different...

Saint Jerome has it:
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh & blood cannot possess the Kingdom of God; neither shall corruption possess incorruption.
Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall all indeed rise again; but we shall not all be changed.
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet (for the trumpet shall sound) and the dead shall rise again incorruptible; and we shall be changed.

What version is that?

Doesn't matter, here the Greek is corrupt in your Bible, the Latin Text is more accurate.

And here is the historical proof why:

In 146 BC
, Rome declared war on the Achaean League and, after victories over league forces in the summer of that year, the Romans under Lucius Mummius besieged and captured Corinth. When he entered the city, Mummius killed all the men and sold the women and children into slavery before burning the city, for which he was given the cognomen Achaicus as the conqueror of the Achaean League.[53] There is archeological evidence of some minimal habitation in the years afterwards, but Corinth remained largely deserted until Julius Caesar refounded the city as Colonia Laus Iulia Corinthiensis (‘colony of Corinth in honour of Julius’) in 44 BC, shortly before his assassination. At this time, an amphitheatre was built. (37.909824°N 22.892078°E )

Under the Romans, Corinth was rebuilt as a major city in Southern Greece or Achaia. It had a large[54] mixed population of Romans, Greeks, and Jews. The city was an important locus for activities of the imperial cult, and both Temple E[55] and the Julian Basilica[56] have been suggested as locations of imperial cult activity.

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus was talking directly to the deciples telling them what they would see that’s why He repeatedly used the term “you” in the Olivit discourse and history and the book of Acts confirms what actually happened.

So then why would the Disciples add it to the holy Gospels? If it was only for them.
Why tell the rest of the Church?
Not very logical.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats the difference?

Man has a body like an animal, and an individual soul like and Angel. Body & soul = man. Why an extra spirit? You mean the holy Ghost?

No, every person has a body, soul and spirit.

1Th_5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a stretch.
How do you get all that, out of that verse?
What about the things our Lord said?
Not saying your 100% wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I can't explain it better than I already have.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Bible is different...

Saint Jerome has it:
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh & blood cannot possess the Kingdom of God; neither shall corruption possess incorruption.
Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall all indeed rise again; but we shall not all be changed.
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet (for the trumpet shall sound) and the dead shall rise again incorruptible; and we shall be changed.

That's not what Paul wrote.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been studying the New Testament for some years now, as I know most of you have too.

And I have gone back & forth with believing in the Rapture.

But now, based off the teachings of some and my own observations, I believe something like the Rapture might happen.

I believe it will be after Aug. 12th, the exact day, hour, or year, obviously I do not know.

I picked that date based off the warnings our Lord gave us in his holy Gospels.

Tu B'Av (Hebrew: ט״ו באב, lit. 'fifteenth of Av') is a minor Jewish holiday.

^ This is the last official Jewish Holiday (holy day) of their calendar.

Our Lord tells us that they shall be eating and drinking, marrying, and giving into marriage (engagements). This is what Jews did and do on this day.

And we all know that the Bride of Christ is the Church.

*The parable of the foolish virgins.
*Wars (Russia vs Ukraine) and rumors of wars (WWIII)
*Woe unto them that are nursing (give suck) and who are pregnant (with child). (Baby formula shortages)
*Roe vs Wade, Biden promoting abortion is akin to Herod massacring the innocents.
*It's hurricane season during august, Jesus warns about extreme weather.
* Famine aka starvation, food shortages, record low wheat and animal feed reserves.
* Pestilence, COVID, monkey pox.
* The prophesy of Saint Malachy, the Pope is old, they say he could be the last one.
* St Paul to the Romans, chap 1, warning of LGBT propaganda, in the latter days.
Etc.

Now a Jewish engagement can last up to 6 months. So again, I'm not saying I know the hour or the day, but like the wise virgin with the lamp and extra oil(grace), waiting for the Groomsman.

So IMO the Rapture will be when all Christians die (at once), and are caught up with the Saints and our Lord Jesus.

Kinda like when God killed all the first born in Egypt.

Now imagine a World with no Light and no Salt. A world perfect for the Anti-christ and his false Prophet.

With no Christians the USA will collapse back into warring tribes, like before the Pilgrims arrived here. Then the Anti-christ will appear in Israel with the false Prophet, and rebuild the 3rd Temple. The Muslims will go irate, and attack, and lose. Israel will grow to become the next, final super power of the world. Their country will grow larger than the USA. Millions of immigrants will flock there to escape their hell. The Anti-christ will be in full control with no Christians warning people. Then 12,000 Jews from each tribe will rediscover the Gospel and build their own city. The Mass will recommence in opposition to the sacrifices going on at the 3rd Temple. Then the Anti-christ will amass a 200 million man army and March on this City. And besiege it like in Lord of the Rings, return of the King. Then our Lord with all the Saints and armies of heaven will appear and defend the city.

This is not a prophesy, but my thoughts as of late.

Your thoughts?

is this from a fiction book?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, every person has a body, soul and spirit.

1Th_5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ok, I looked it up.
It's just another way of saying mind, body & soul.
Spirit in Latin means to breath in. Or like, keep your spirits up.
The word in Greek is ψυχὴ, littlerally, Psyche, your mind.

I know because I'm quoting S. Augustin.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of Christian people believe that there will be a "pre-tribulation rapture”, that is: they believe that before the beast of Revelation takes over, makes war on the saints, and demands his mark on each person's body, all Christians will be "raptured".
Once people understand that the Antichrist (the Beast, the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition) cannot take full control of the world until and unless the Holy Spirit (the Divine Restrainer) is "taken out of the way", they must conclude that the only biblical Rapture is a Pre-Tribulation Resurrection/Rapture.

When the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, so is the Church (which is indwelt by the Holy Spirit). The Tribulation runs parallel with the reign of the Antichrist for 3 1/2 years. And the Tribulation is "the time of Jacob's trouble" and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Rapture. Indeed there is not a single Rapture verse of passage that includes "the Tribulation" (which is not the same as the trials and tribulations which Christians must endure).

So the questions you should ask yourself are these: "Were Noah and his family shut into the Ark before or after the Flood?" "Was Enoch raptured to Heaven before or after the Flood?" Did Methuselah die before or after the Flood?" "Were Lot and his family forcibly removed from Sodom before or after fire rained down on it from Heaven?"

The Tribulation is a period of divine judgments which corresponds to the judgments of the first six trumpet judgments. And these are all expressions of God's wrath. But the Bible plainly tells Christians that they are not subject to the wrath of God because they have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. (1 Thess 5:9-11). The doctrine of the Rapture (as we note here) is for the comfort of believers. How can there be comfort in anticipating the wrath of God?

Reactions: James Macbeth