In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You wrote that "I use an iphony lol and it don’t like old English so it changes it and if I’m in a hurry (I do have a full time job) I may not catch every single one". That is a poor excuse! Blame your phone? Now I've heard it all. Was "it don’t like old English" created by your phone? It's poor English, as was the line from the movie 12 Angry Men "he don't even speak good English".

Don't blame your phone for your poor English. And while you're at it, blame your priests for filling your head with unscriptural lies.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not only does Christ save us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1;49
First of all he does not KEEP us from sinning. Christians still sin. The Bible does not in any way say Mary was sinless. That is Roman Catholic Garbage.

Reactions: Marine0311

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of your extra biblical commentary on Mary is assumption!

LOL!!!

you see they had four different mothers

so brothers don’t equal Mary’s children

and one of them is of a different tribe and cannot be a child of Mary

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:49 God prepared Her by the immaculate conception

but just as Eve by disobedience participated with Adam by and angel, so Mary by obedience participated by an angel!

Lk 1:26
And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Lk 1:38 Mary consented to our salvation reversing by obedience the disobedience of Eve and brought fourth our savior who redeemed the world in His blood!
Jn 1:29
None of which says she is sinless.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you see they had four different mothers

so brothers don’t equal Mary’s children

and one of them is of a different tribe and cannot be a child of Mary

You think that people who have the same name are the same people???? You have lost it entirely!

BTW, in the Latinx culture people regularly name their son "Jesus". By your logic, there are a lot of Jesus the Savior walking around!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote that "I use an iphony lol and it don’t like old English so it changes it and if I’m in a hurry (I do have a full time job) I may not catch every single one". That is a poor excuse! Blame your phone? Now I've heard it all. Was "it don’t like old English" created by your phone? It's poor English, as was the line from the movie 12 Angry Men "he don't even speak good English".

Don't blame your phone for your poor English. And while you're at it, blame your priests for filling your head with unscriptural lies.

bout me’s 4 u 2 no i tak ful cred 4 me’s knot gud spelin n gramer b cuz dat b me’s dat duz da ritin if u b evr redin sumtin i rit ;)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More distortion of God's word! Catholic propaganda! Sola scriptura!

the Bible alone says Mary has
A sister?
With the same name Mary?

Are these true?
Are you nuts? The Bible says that Jesus had brothers! Because it says that "While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” Do you really think that "your mother" means His step-mother? Or "your brothers" means his step-brothers. Or whatever else your mind can come up with to avoid the truth of the Bible?

P.S. Jacob's sons has nothing to do with the above.

What are you going to say to Jesus when (if!) you get to heaven? "Oh, I'm sorry that I twisted the words of the Bible"? His reply will be "Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!"

It says his mother and brothers not her children

and it does not say her biological children anywhere except for Jesus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you nuts? The Bible says that Jesus had brothers! Because it says that "While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers came and stood outside, asking to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” Do you really think that "your mother" means His step-mother? Or "your brothers" means his step-brothers. Or whatever else your mind can come up with to avoid the truth of the Bible?

P.S. Jacob's sons has nothing to do with the above.

What are you going to say to Jesus when (if!) you get to heaven? "Oh, I'm sorry that I twisted the words of the Bible"? His reply will be "Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!"

why don’t you believe scripture
Lk 1:34

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am perpetually astonished at the obsession with Mary! Who is the main figure of the New Testament?

JESUS CHRIST!

This obsession with Mary is a clear and deliberate attempt to focus God's word on an insignificant person who, compared to Jesus (especially) and the apostles, was a very minor character. She was chosen to give birth to Jesus and is mentioned only a few times in the Bible. In terms of the message of the New Testament, she is insignificant.

It is obvious to me that the Catholic clergy deliberately plays up the importance of Mary (and Peter), thereby diminishing the importance of the Savior, the appropriate focus of the New Testament. If I had to come up with a scheme to diminish the importance of God's Son, the Savior of the world, I couldn't think of a better way to accomplish my (evil) goal than what the Catholic clergy has invented.

How can people be so stupid????

on the contrary Mary is almost completely ignored and marginalized in most parishes (modernists don’t like Her)
(liberals don’t like her either)

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ! And His teaching authority in the church by the successors of the apostles!

ALL GENERATIONS (Christians) SHALL CALL ME BLESSED!

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Scripture expects Christians to call Mary blessed!

To do so would be to honor Mary!

To do so is to praise Mary!

To do so is to venerate Mary!

All Christians must say with the angels; “Hail Mary” ever blessed!

Only fundamentalists and liberal modernists and heretics violate scripture and call Mary sinner or goddess!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your cult created doctrines that are not in scripture ,and have you ever wondered why not one Apostle supports what you pawn off as truths ? You are living proof that God’s written word means nothing to many. Your ilk contradicts scriptures with your man made traditions and then tries to force the lies you have created into scripture, but your traditions do not fit in the scriptures because they are lies. Open your eyes and heart to God and He will lead you out of Mary worship and idolatry into His glorious truth.

only God may be worshipped and worship requires intent

when you kneel next to you’re bed at night to pray are you worshiping you’re bed???

not? Why not? Intent!

why does it need be in scripture?

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have to ask why concerning scripture you may want to repent and beg God to send the Holy Spirit and lead you to be born again, because you are lost and without a clue.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More made up lies.
Fundamentalism is the belief the Bible is the literal word of God.

You are obviously anti-fundamentalism and therefore a Modernist, the opposite of a Fundamentalist, and rejects the Bible is the literal word of God.

Modernists, also reject The Biblical account of Gods Creation.
Modernists, also reject Biblical Values.
Modernists, Accept the Theory of Evolution.
Modernists, Accept the societies promoted Values.

The Difference Between a Fundamentalist and a Modernest ...
A Fundamentalist is IN the world.
A Modernest is OF the world.

modernists are apostate atheists basically reason without faith
Fundamentalism is faith without reason
True Christian’s are always in virtue and moderation
We believe all that about the Bible but we actually believe what is says including the living teaching authority of Christ in his church and never the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”!

Status
Not open for further replies.