In regard to what Jesus said to Peter, it appears that the Apostle John's presumption is in error.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it sound like Scott is FREE “of the world and its evils”?

Tell the Truth Scott (if, for once, you are capable of doing so). Are you FREE? The type of FREEDOM that Jesus is talking about? FREE-Indeed?
You obviously do not understand the way things work...so I will explain:

God created the heavens and the earth to dissolve it of evil by bringing it all to light--that is unto the Light of Christ. That each should choose life or death. That is, to choose the flesh or the spirit; to choose this world and die with it, or to choose the kingdom of God and live.

To the contrary, what you are advocating is a life or freedom in the world, in the flesh. Which Christ warned of, saying, "Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness." What you are advocating is rather glorifying the flesh, which is to say, glorifying the world by being glorified in it. That is not the gospel of Christ, but rather that we should "not" be "of the world" at all, but be of the kingdom even while we remain in the world. His kingdom "is not of this world", nor of the flesh, but of the spirit--perfect, just as "God is spirit" and "perfect."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person has to know the difference between right and wrong at the time of the offense... in order to be guilty of anything.

That is not Kangaroo-Courtroom-Gobbledygook. That is Reality under God’s blue Heaven. It is an Absolute. Jesus affirms this Absolute:

John 9:41 (Original Greek) “If you were blind, you would have no sin.”

Adam neglected his Father’s warning and/or forgot his father’s command. If you must call it something, call it ignorant carelessness or just plain innocent stupidity. However, be assured of this. You are promoting an absolute falsehood if you insist upon calling it “a sin” against Adam. I can cite the Church’s response better than the Church-Taught:

Juror number 2, @ScottA, pipes in from his afterglow: If Adam and Eve did not know they had done wrong in disobeying God by eating the fruit, then why did God punish them by throwing them out of the Garden?

He didn’t.

Read your Bible as opposed to your pastor (or your Church-Taught Bible-Mentor) reading it to you. I am not being flippant. Try reading Genesis with a clear head, opened eyes and opened ears. You may be turning the pages and looking at the words; but, be warned and aware of the Church in your ear, defining the meaning for you.

After gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil and growing a conscience, the only thing Adam and Eve felt guilty and ashamed about (actually, “afraid” of God seeing) was their nakedness. (Genesis 3:10) Period.

Go back to Genesis and read it. Adam and Eve had no fear, no shame, no guilt — whatsoever — that they had “disobeyed” God.

Wow. Isn’t THAT an amazing Truth?
You're still rambling I see.

Why don't you use the "Quote" or "Reply" feature so we can carry on a coherent conversation? I mean, the @So'and'so works for general questions. But if you are just going to talk about people and blog out accusations, it's just rude.

Anyway, no, I am not "church taught." But what you are now saying is incorrect: Adam and Eve disobeyed God--they went against Him, against His commandment not to eat of the tree of knowledge. Against God. This you apparently do not know...and then you tell others to read their Bibles. That is called hypocrisy.

You have also not understood Adam and Eve's hiding their nakedness. Nakedness, spiritually is not being without clothes--it's being exposed. That is, that their sin had been revealed, as all evil and darkness is before the light of God...kind of like this blogging you are doing.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

Yep, Life keeps ALL of us busy. You might have missed what Alexander Pope said:

A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian Spring

You obviously must have also missed the previous posts on this thread where VictoryinJesus asked me about my username and my post, preceding, where I answered her request.

Would you suggest we change the usernames of the New Testament Gospel writers as well?

For, if you Google it, you will find that a "Matt" is a filthy rectangle, with which we use to wipe our feet before entering the front door. A "Mark" is what confidence men use in reference to an idiot, who can easily be taken in by their scams. Google will tell you (and your Church will undoubtedly verify that) "Luke" refers to a temperature -- the temperature of a "believer," whom Jesus says he will spit forth out of his mouth like spoiled cabbage. And, a "John" is a person who pays women for sex... or a toilet -- whichever Google-Definition you prefer.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

Yep, Life keeps ALL of us busy. You might have missed what Alexander Pope said:

A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian Spring

So you are a Catholic?
The Catholic Church is in grave error on many things.
Or you are a liberal Ecumenist (Whereby you agree in shacking up with many denominations that are in error)?

If you are Catholic, well… they believe in Original Sin. Just Google it.

You obviously must have also missed the previous posts on this thread where VictoryinJesus asked me about my username and my post, preceding, where I answered her request.
I am not on this forum 24/7 reading everybody’s posts. Why would I expect everyone to do that? That’s silly.
Most people are not super readers or have the time to do read everything in a thread. Perhaps you can provide a post #.
Anyways, I looked up to see if the words “third one” is in the Bible. There is no exact phrase. A person could make is a loose reference to this based on Ezekiel 10:14. But I would be careful to create names that others can associate with something that is bad. If the Bible referenced it directly by exact words, then that would be different. But it doesn’t.

If I was in your shoes, I would change the name because I don’t want people thinking the wrong thing.
Why? Because there are people today who were like those people in Sodom who claim to the name of Christian.

Would you suggest we change the usernames of the New Testament Gospel writers as well?

For, if you Google it, you will find that a "Matt" is a filthy rectangle, with which we use to wipe our feet before entering the front door. A "Mark" is what confidence men use in reference to an idiot, who can easily be taken in by their scams. Google will tell you (and your Church will undoubtedly verify that) "Luke" refers to a temperature -- the temperature of a "believer," whom Jesus says he will spit forth out of his mouth like spoiled cabbage. And, a "John" is a person who pays women for sex... or a toilet -- whichever Google-Definition you prefer.
That is not the first thing that comes up when you search out these names. People know that these are names of people. Third one is a mystery name and nobody really knows what that means unless they Google it. When they do… they can think wrong things about you because that is what shows up in the search results at the top of the list. Granted, Google should not determine reality, but we should be careful not to lead others to think wrongfully of us (By a Google search result).

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were corrected by Christ, and will be again--for being born again of the spirit of God, which He brought, is the good news. Whom you now speak against--that is, against the Holy Spirit.

You are not for, but against.

I’m working at cvs now(telling you that to share an exchange). Last night a customer gave me a cd with a sermon on it. They asked me first if it was okay and I told them I would take it. Later as I was leaving work I showed the cd to my assistant manager because we are not supposed to take gifts. She took it and immediately when she saw what it was…she tossed it —literally threw it aside saying “I’m not keeping that!” She might have threw the word “crap” in there too. I explained that I was just asking if it was ok for me to take it and picked it up saying I told them I would take it home…if it is ok? I don’t know whose sermon it was but the title was “letting your bucket down”. I was interested in hearing what “letting your bucket down” was about. My assistant manager looked startled and convicted “oh God she is a Christian!”; back-tracking she stumbled over “I’m so sorry. It isn’t that I hate Christians. It is just that…to me… they are a bunch of hypocrites.”

I told her, “it is ok. You didn’t offend me. I agree.” She sighed in relief saying “you think that too?! I’m glad you said that. I used to go to church but it is all so fake acting.”

Point is… I had no arguments to my assistant manager’s argument of “it is just that they are a bunch of hypocrites.” IF I would have told my assistant manager …You stand corrected by Christ. And that she wasn’t for Christ but against Christ. …I don’t know what she would have said or done. Probably said “see there!! That is the …a bunch of hypocrites…that I was talking about.” As we walked out she kept talking about growing up and all the “authority pushers” “asserting” at every turn and how much she had heard of it, so much that she is sick of … I speak in place of the authority of Christ. “I rebuke you in Christ!”

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hypothetical?
So confused.
What stands out to me is a friendly vessel…
So confused.
A friendly vessel…you can be healed, you can be free… yet I don’t feel healed or free. So yes I can relate to asking constantly; seeking …and seeking…what is this all about? “A friendly vessel” and “clean water” where one who drinks will never thirst again…? Confused…messages such as this tossed aside time and time again as “hypocrites!” Where has the good news gone?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m working at cvs now(telling you that to share an exchange). Last night a customer gave me a cd with a sermon on it. They asked me first if it was okay and I told them I would take it. Later as I was leaving work I showed the cd to my assistant manager because we are not supposed to take gifts. She took it and immediately when she saw what it was…she tossed it —literally threw it aside saying “I’m not keeping that!” She might have threw the word “crap” in there too. I explained that I was just asking if it was ok for me to take it and picked it up saying I told them I would take it home…if it is ok? I don’t know whose sermon it was but the title was “letting your bucket down”. I was interested in hearing what “letting your bucket down” was about. My assistant manager looked startled and convicted “oh God she is a Christian!”; back-tracking she stumbled over “I’m so sorry. It isn’t that I hate Christians. It is just that…to me… they are a bunch of hypocrites.”

I told her, “it is ok. You didn’t offend me. I agree.” She sighed in relief saying “you think that too?! I’m glad you said that. I used to go to church but it is all so fake acting.”

Point is… I had no arguments to my assistant manager’s argument of “it is just that they are a bunch of hypocrites.” IF I would have told my assistant manager …You stand corrected by Christ. And that she wasn’t for Christ but against Christ. …I don’t know what she would have said or done. Probably said “see there!! That is the …a bunch of hypocrites…that I was talking about.” As we walked out she kept talking about growing up and all the “authority pushers” “asserting” at every turn and how much she had heard of it, so much that she is sick of … I speak in place of the authority of Christ. “I rebuke you in Christ!”
So...you believe rebuke is always wrong. Should I not tell you that is wrong--even though it is? That was a rhetorical question. Don't answer.

Meanwhile, even Jesus rebuked Satan in Peter in addition to casting out many demons; and He has also sent many out to do the works of the Spirit, "some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers", etc., which will continue until the end of time. You don't have to like it--but those sent do not work for you, and those who speak against them, work for Satan.

Grow up.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a couple of years back sitting in my car at my granddaughters school; waiting to pick her up. I was there early so I was reading on the board to pass the time. You had responded something so kind to me; like “yes! Yes! I’m so glad someone else gets it!” What you said that day meant a lot but I was even afraid to respond back because I was not good at taking compliments. Your kindness then overwhelmed me. But today the verdict is simply, “Grow up.”

I was talking about my manager (somewhere around that post) and her response that the church is nothing but hypocrisy. A Friend today, out tomorrow. One disagreement and it quickly goes from “yes, Yes!” To “grow up”.

If you are a prophet as I believe you have mentioned to be one; then how do you not sense I’m on my way to MS treatment which I have avoided till now, experiencing the end of a 35 year marriage, struggling to work, watching my mom grunt and grown to urinate (which is depressing in many ways knowing mine is just right around the corner also), and feeling (yes an overwhelming emotion) that I’m headed towards being one who comes to this board not able to leave my home much anymore and alone. Feeling like that is were I’m speedily headed, one day reclusive and still seeking….something; what I don’t know. You say “grow up”; when I’m struggling with reading God’s word and hearing about compassion and a family and comfort …and getting fully at the same time how people call “hypocritical” at what I’m reading and hoping in. I just don’t see it (Christ) manifest. So I will just leave you with that. I did receive your urging to grow up. I don’t know what is expected of me to be …grown up. I guess holding it all in? Pretending? I don’t say this for sympathy (fully aware I’m not the only one in need of it in todays world) because if you have to beat out sympathy than it is fake sympathy (Imo). Forced. Required.
It should go without saying…

Hypocrisy to me is you said is it wrong to rebuke one in error. See I could stand up and say “no Scott, I rebuke you.” Then you could say “no, I rebuke you. You are in error.” Then I could force back “no you are in error.” And then around and around we go …then my manager has a good point…she said “yes I go sit in the corner and cry sometimes. I’m on two antidepressants. But still have those moments.” Her husband has had his leg amputated. But she is left with saying I tried the church and all I saw was hypocrisy. “Totally depressing.” …she actually said “so I became a hard bitch.” Advising me “one day you, too, will get that way. That is how I survive. By being hard and tough.”

Last edited:

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus,

Why do you suppose people outside “the Christian Church” see Christians as hypocrites? Worse than that. Truthfully? As total loser-morons? (Your manager was trying to be kind to you, by saying, “hypocrites.”)

Do you have any idea why people outside the Church CRINGE when they hear the name of “Jesus”? I will be a True friend and tell you the reason.

Because, they associate the name of Jesus with “the Christian Church.”

The Church-Taught response? ScottA’s triple-negative, rhetorical question is a PERFECT example… if one can ever decipher it. I take it as Scott saying, You should REBUKE them! As if any everyday-person “outside” of Christianity is “Satan’s worker” or against Jesus and God. The vast, vast majority of them are not. However, if any of them actually are, whose fault is that?

In the first century, everyday-people of every emotional state swarmed to Jesus… the very first time they saw him.

These days, an everyday-person would have to be at total rock bottom (and an emotional wreck) to even think about taking it upon him or herself to take the chance of possibly finding “the answer” to his or her problems… by walking into a Christian church.

Will they really “find JESUS” when they get there?

Hardly. Besides "hypocrisy," they will find the warped idea of “believing” in “Jesus.” Whatever that’s suppose to mean.

Sure as Hades, you won’t hear anyone in any Christian church discipling the everyday-person to truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross, 100%, with no ifs, ands or buts. Can I get an “Amen” from the congregation on that one?

100%? With no ifs, ands or buts? The Truth from the congregation would have to be a congregational “Hell no!” The Church-Taught are far too busy teaching ALL of those ifs, ands and buts.

MY concern for everyday-people, Living on this planet, is that they have no choice but to associate Jesus with “the Christian Church.” It’s a monopoly.

Why is that MY concern?

Because that is precisely my Father in Heaven’s concern.

VictoryinJesus, you should take it as a sincere compliment when a Mature Christian tells you (a child of God) that… you need to “Grow up.”

I’ve been sent to the Tenth Floor and back. I can read the Old Testament in Hebrew and the New Testament in Koine Greek. I have our Father in Heaven directly at my back and the Holy Spirit in my ear. And, I can tell you, Victory, in ALL seriousness, when a card-carrying Mature Christian tells me that MY interpretation of Scripture is the most “perverted” he has ever heard, I take that as a HUGE compliment. Because every card-carrying Mature-Christian is taught to “believe” in Neanderthal dogma… supposedly… based upon Scripture. In Reality, ninety-five percent of what a card-carrying Mature Christian is taught to “believe” is in abject error.

You write:

“Maybe I misunderstood…it is the knowledge of doing wrong that destroys us?”

No, my dear. Our JUDGMENT that any part of what WE ARE is Evil… is what destroys us.

“Where if we have no knowledge or acknowledgment of right and wrong …then we truly have no sin?”

That’s how it works for little children. And, little children do just fine in the GOODNESS department, before they are introduced to The Knowledge of Good & Evil, now don’t they? That is precisely how it DID work for Adam & Eve, as well. And, Adam & Eve did just fine in the GOODNESS department, before they became acquainted with The Knowledge of Good & Evil, now didn’t they?

WE get THERE — the same place as little children, the same place as Adam & Eve (before disaster struck) — by truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross. Do you know what Jesus calls this place?

“The Place of Life.”

You would already know that, my dear, if your Church allowed you to read ALL the Gospels from ALL of Jesus’ Apostles:

Gospel of Thomas, Verse 4: “Jesus said, ‘The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a little child, seven days old, about The Place of Life, and he will Live.”

By truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross, we truly have no sin. We are truly Living in “The Place of Life.”

By truly doing so (truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross), we don’t “lose” our knowledge (nor our acknowledgment) of “right” and “wrong.” We certainly may look at some of what we once held as “right” and some of what we once held as “wrong” in a new and different light, but we don’t “lose” our realization of right and wrong. As I have said before, we don’t “lose” The Knowledge of Good & Evil -- truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross simply makes IT inconsequential. Truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross reduces Master Knowledge of Good & Evil from Master to janitor. Even as IT stands in the middle of ITS cotton field cracking ITS whip. IT becomes motionless, powerless. Truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross turns Master Knowledge of Good & Evil into a pillar of salt.

If EVERYONE on the planet truly accepted what’s been done for us on the cross, in less than two hundred years, our fully grown adult great, great, great, great grandchildren would be exactly like Adam and Eve, before disaster struck. They would be exactly like little children in the GOODNESS department. The words “evil” and “wrong” would have no Real meaning to them. The words “evil” and “wrong” would mean as much to them as the words “clysters” and “blood-letting” mean to our modern-day medical communities.

No, Victory, I have not lost MY sense of right and wrong.

And, I will tell you this as GOOD proof of that testament: I am NOT “an outsider” looking at the Church as WRONG; I am standing right here IN THE MIDDLE OF IT; and, I am telling you… the Church IS WRONG.

The Living God says: It is high time to separate the Truths of JESUS from ALL the many falsehoods of THE CHURCH.

Only… there is so much to set RIGHT. Thus, your guiding light to me is of vital importance.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply following your lantern, Victory. You decided for me to… pull up… this Weed… first: “Original Sin.” I am okay with taking this discussion wherever the Spirit leads you, Vic; but, yes, it does get confusing for us to get this far off the subject at hand that you’ve chosen. I thought we were discussing Original Sin?

These are your only comments… about the page after page I just wrote to you about Original Sin? Please, tell me… you just haven’t gotten through it ALL, yet. Right? If you have finished reading it, I must say, I’m really surprised. No comments from you about the psychological progression of The Knowledge of Good & Evil, from Adam & Eve… to IT’S present-day epidemic? I know. Reading that part, for the first time, is quite a lot to digest.

Honestly, did you simply not get to ALL of those goodies, because you couldn’t get past the fact that Jesus said that there were certain Pharisees, who had no sin? That is, until Jesus came to them and did his works among them, “they had had no sin.” However, by Jesus simply speaking to them, he caused them to hate him. Which, in essence, caused them to hate our father in Heaven, Who sent him.

Anyone who truly sees his Father (as our Father in Heaven) gladly listens to the Words of our Father in Heaven. Sometimes, the Words of our Father in Heaven are not so easy for us to hear. Still, we should gladly listen to the Words of our Father, anyway. For, if we don’t readily understand His Words today, we may better understand His Words tomorrow… or maybe even better on the next day.

You write:

“Because what we don’t see or don’t acknowledge as wrong…then by having no knowledge of a difference in love or harm…is truly to have no sin?”

No, my dear. A true acceptor can and does still acknowledge what he or she sees as wrong. A true acceptor clearly knows the difference between love and harm. None of that, seeing it or not seeing it (one way or the other)…is truly to have no sin. Truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross… is truly to have no sin.

No one who truly accepts what’s been done for us on the cross would ever want to purposefully harm himself or others. Truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross is ALL about love. Truly loving God with ALL you’ve got. Truly loving the creation that IS yourself. And, truly loving ALL others… AS yourself.

You’ve read the Gospels. Do you recall the ONLY people that Jesus is unlovingly irritated with? The people who were ate up with Religion. In ALL Truth, Jesus loves these people as much as he loves anyone. What Jesus hates is the Religion in them.

Jesus would never ever think about harming the Pharisees, yet he would love to be able to reach into them and pull the Religion out of them (as if IT were a demon) and stomp IT to DEATH (as if IT were a venomous snake). That is exactly what ScottA needs. Unfortunately, it would take way too much prayer and Time to accomplish that in this lifetime. Way too much of a task even for Jesus, as he more than proved that fact throughout the Gospels. Much easier it is for Jesus to exercise the demon out of a possessed man than it is for him to deprogram the Religion out of a Pharisee Extremist. Yet, once ALL is said and done, a card-carrying Pharisee Extremist will prove a lot easier to deprogram than a card-carrying Mature Christian. The final holdouts (at the very end of the Book of Revelation) are entirely made up of die-hard, card-carrying Mature Christians. We’re talkin’… the end of the end of the end, God’s Kingdom has come to Earth, and they’re STILL outside the gates, clinging to their “belief” system! What are we gonna DO with these people!? cry God’s angels, who have been thoroughly cursed by these people. Paul (the very one who put these people up to cursing God’s angels — Galatians 1:8) will come out to these people daily and try his very best to deprogram these people. For, he will take full responsibility for these people (as he rightfully should). These people will curse and mock their religious-father, Paul as well, “Here comes the devil again, only dressed up like our wonderful apostle Paul!

To truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross is to truly SEE that anything we have ever done… that anyone (including ourselves) could point a finger at and call “SIN” or accuse us as being “EVIL”… has been taken AWAY.

Please keep in mind, Victory, we have yet to uncover and unwrap “AWAY” in detail (one of Jesus’ wonderfully simple Words) — a wonderfully simple Word that has been buried deep in the ground by our Religion, where no one was ever supposed to find it.

We have yet to discuss “RANSOM” (in great detail), which, if we ever DO get into the Five wonderfully simple Words of Jesus, “RANSOMmust come FIRST. RANSOM, AWAY, PERFECT, FREEDOM and ALL. These are the wonderfully simple Words of Jesus… that have been taken from us by an abomination we kindly refer to as… RELIGION.

The everyday-people of the first century flocked to Jesus. Why do you suppose the everyday-people of our century want nothing to do with Christianity and the Church?

The GOODNESS and LOVE we naturally outwardly share with everyone (by truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross) starts with the GOODNESS and LOVE we regain on the INSIDE of us. A person who truly accepts what’s been done for us on the cross sees himself as PERFECT — PERFECTLY GOOD and PERFECTLY FREE. This does NOT instill lawlessness nor the desire to SIN. Just the opposite. Once we learn to completely love ourselves on the inside, then (and only then) can we truly express that love outward. A man CANNOT love others AS he loves himself, unless he first learns how to truly love himself, 100%, with no ifs, ands or buts.

Plus, once one DOES truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross, another huge natural Truth begins to take place across his or her entire mind:

The allure of sin diminishes equally with the power you give to sin. You give it no power, it has no allure.

But, Victory — my dear Victory, ALL of this wonderful Wheat is still way ahead of us. RANSOM, AWAY, PERFECT, FREEDOM and ALL.

Keep in mind, you have chosen for us to pull up the many Weeds first.

“Original Sin” being the first HUGE fundamental runaway infestation that, out of ALL of what I suggested we could cover, you suggested… this is what I should deal with, first. Which is exactly what I have just done. I pulled “Original Sin” and ALL of its runaway offspring Weeds up by the roots and tied them into a bundle.

A BIG bundle, no doubt. See posts #356 to #374. The invented concept of “Original Sin” is a huge fundamental FALSEHOOD. The holy Scripture that Mature Christians use to support this FALSEHOOD has been (and continues to be) taken completely out of context and, in some cases, outright fabricated (read the posts). The promoters of Original Sin, themselves, are the ones, committing a “Ten-Commandment” sin. Bearing False Witness against Adam and Eve. And, now (should these promoters of Original Sin be brave enough to read these posts) they will know (just like the Pharisees before them knew). The Pharisees knew, because Jesus knocked the sanctimonious self-righteousness out of them. Likewise… any Mature Christian who holds fast to promoting “Original Sin” will no longer have a cloak for their sin.

“Original Sin” is now tied up in a BIG BUNDLE.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are the Christian apologists rushing to defend this falsehood? Original Sin. A falsehood that is, indeed, one of the most rotten universal foundation beams of the entire Christian “faith.”

ALL this Church stuff? Is that what’s holding you back, Victory?

Perhaps a New Year’s resolution is in order (lol). I am going to get Christianity out of the way so I can truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross.

I invited @Bible Highlighter into this discussion, strictly because he seems to be the defender of “Original Sin.” What I mean is, the defender, here, within this website. After ALL, he started his own thread, endorsing IT.

Bible Highlighter has nothing to refute out of ALL of what I have written about Original Sin. Thus far, he has only concerned himself with my username.

@Waiting on him says: my “perspective of scripture is most likely the most perverted” he has ever seen. Again, I’d like to thank him for his compliment. High praise from the programming of the Church-Taught. I am in GOOD company. The similarly Programmed-Pharisee says that (and even worse) about Jesus’ perspective of the Scriptures. They call Jesus “Foreigner!” Why do you suppose? Because Jesus sees EVERYTHING (including what David, Job and the prophets say in Scripture) completely differently than how those programmed by RELIGION see things.

It was not the unlearned people, but the Well-Taught-In-The-Scriptures, Religious Bozos, who spit in Jesus’ face and called him “the devil.”

Folks, a bozo one-liner (“your perspective of scripture is perverted” LOL) does not even put a tiny dent in the BIG BUNDLE in which your “Original Sin” notion is now tied up.

Call in your priests, your holy men, your best apologetics. Bring in the guy who copyrighted this nonsense, St. Augustine, himself. Raise him up from the dead and bring him here for his rebuttal. No one can righteously dispute what I have written about the falsehood of “Original Sin.” For, every Word, of what I reduced to print (posts #356 to #374) will stand True till the end of Time.

Victory, do you know what struck me, many years back, the first time the Living God started to seriously break down the Christian Dogma of “Original Sin” for me? Him saying, “You will not find one Word in support of this depraved notion that ever came out of the mouth of Jesus.” And, guess what? He was RIGHT. The most honest part of any Original-Sin-Promoter’s presentation is his total misunderstanding of the Words of Noah. Original Sin supporters always have to cherry-pick the words of Paul and outright twist the Words of David and even rely upon a total rewrite of the Words of David to support their cause. And, what exactly is their cause?

To “prove” that man is born depraved.

You talk about BS, Victory. How’s that for some self-defeating BS. But, throughout ALL their efforts, nowhere can a Original-Sin-Promoter find a single Word of Jesus — nor can he even twist the Words of Jesus — to support his cause.

Just the opposite! The actual Words out of the mouth of Jesus DEFEAT their cause!

THAT is precisely why I started my Original-Sin-BUNDLE by quoting Jesus at John 15:22-24.

Think about it.

Since Jesus clearly states that these men “HAD NOT HAD SIN” before he came to them, what does that mean… in terms of the current matter of discussion on the table? Hello? It specifically MEANS, these men HAD NOT HAD… ORIGINAL SIN!

Makes logical Jesus-Sense. How could these men have had Original sin… when Jesus clearly states that, before he came to them, they had no sin whatsoever?

Makes logical Reality-Sense as well. How could these men have something… that simply does not exist? ORIGINAL SIN can only be found within the false garble of Religion. Show me one new-born babe who pops out of the womb, telling a bold-face lie.

You write:

“My question then is what about the disorder…diagnosed as such by men yes; maybe you would say it isn’t a disorder? But having no conscience at all. Like truly; there being any difference between harm or good has totally left the building.”

Victory, you are STILL seeing CONSCIENCE, itself, as a GOOD thing.

What has “left the building” (should one truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross) is the amalgamation of courtroom and judge rolled into one — the CONSCIENCE — which is nothing more than a Diabolically-Inspired invention of humanity that IMMEDIATELY comes forth from a human being, gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil. Since a true acceptor truly accepts that ALL of his sin has been taken AWAY, he judges himself NOT. He comes to realize, that the same measure he gets is PERFECTLY equal to the same measure he gives. It has to work both ways. And, so… he begins to judge others NOT. He sees what others, deep down, actually are. GOOD and PERFECT creations. Even straight through ALL of their disorder, he sees others AS he SEES himself. Everyone around him is the same as he is, only they have yet to get the board out of their eyes — or, perhaps in some very blessed cases, just a splinter.

As the Holy Spirit sums it up in such GOOD counsel:

“Chill. Calm down. Cool out. Let it go. Think not of yourself nor even the worst person imaginable to you in such a harsh way of Darkness. For, you can trace every evil or sin associated with any one of you back to that person gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil as his Master. Without Master Knowledge of Good & Evil, you simply cannot help but remain absolutely sinless.”

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, Victory, the “heart” is the EXACT same thing AS the “CONSCIENCE.” And, Jeremiah rightfully warns, “The HEART (itself, the CONSCIENCE, itself) is the most deceitful thing, and desperately wicked.”

No man — not a single one of us — could ever commit the first murder without first possessing The Knowledge of Good & Evil. We are getting just a little bit ahead of ourselves. For, we have yet to discuss the first Biblically documented SIN. Murder. As in, what Cain did to Able.

What about the disorder?” You suggest, “Maybe you would say it isn’t a disorder?

Victory, how can you suggest such a thing about me? After ALL of what I have written? What’s going on with humanity is TOTAL disorder. ALL one need do is take a quick glance at the disaster of our 2000-Year Progress Report.

Victory, have you forgotten the actual 1,2,3,4,5,6, order of ALL of this disorder?

A human being gains The Knowledge of Good & Evil.

1) Immediately (upon gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil) a human being invents a CONSCIENCE, fabricated out of his or her own imagination, which completely TAKES OVER that person’s imagination.

2) JUDGMENTS are what comes next. Victory, you were the first one in this room (actually, the ONLY one in the room) able to SEE the Diabolical nature of that one, right from the start. Man judging MAN. JUDGMENTS. I just covered in detail (again, posts #356 to #374) the first judgment of MAN against HUMANKIND. It came from Adam & Eve. THEY JUDGED that there was something “EVIL” about themselves. THEY JUDGED that they were “naked.” Not “spiritually naked,” Einstein. “Porno-flick” naked, DumbA. Otherwise known as ScottA. Once again, trying to make everything as difficult as E=mc2. Adam & Eve never became as complicated as the Pharisees had become — constructing an elaborate and complicated religious cloak within their minds in order to hide their perception of “Evil.” Nope. Adam & Eve simply constructed a bunch of fig leafs to cloak the genitals on their bodies in order to hide their perception of “Evil.” They covered their PHYSICAL genitals, Scott. Perhaps ScottA should invent a new Christian dogma in support of the Reality of "SPIRITUAL Genitals." There may even be a sainthood in it for you, Scott. After ALL, they canonized Augustine for reducing "Original Sin" to paper (along with many of his other Neanderthal idiocies).

3) GUILT. Again, I submitted for your attention (posts #356 to #374) the first demonstration of GUILT illustrated by Adam and Eve — Adam and Eve are totally forthright, they are an open book. They felt guilty about themselves. And, so what did they do? They covered the parts of themselves for which they felt… GUILTY.

Victory, we have yet to discuss 4 and 5, because we have yet to discuss Cain and Able in detail.

4) is ORGANIZED RELIGION. Which ALWAYS leads to…

5) SIN. Which directly led man into inventing…what?

6) THE LAW… which leads to DEATH.

These human inventions (and the order in which we invented them) are Biblical fact (not conjecture). Amazing, isn’t it? Organized Religion came into this world before Sin came into this world. Actually... just... before Sin came into this world. The spark that lights the fire. The burnt offerings of Cain & Abel are the central issue that leads to murder.

Why do you suppose? Why is it that Organized Religion (evil in and of itself) would be such an accelerant to the worst of EVIL... murder?

Because Organized Religion MUST have things in terms of right & wrong.

Meaning?

If there is a right there has to be a wrong. Organized Religion can only exist in the mindset of right & wrong. Meaning, since there is GOOD in this world, there has to be EVIL in this world. Organized Religion is the granddaughter of Master Knowledge of Good & Evil. And, faithful to its grandparent (its Master), if there is a Good there has to be an Evil.

Did God require sacrifices (burnt offerings) from second generation humanity?

Absolutely not.

No need to grow up, Victory. My advice, for what it's worth? Wake up. Quit trying to see CONSCIENCE as a *Good* thing. If you have learned nothing else at this point, KNOW that CONSCIENCE comes DIRECTLY from gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil, which was and remains PARENTALLY FORBIDDEN to us by our FATHER in Heaven!

It is our invention of CONSCIENCE that has led to ALL of this DISORDER.

We should be asking our Father in Heaven this, “What is GOOD?” And. “What is EVIL?”

We should NOT try to figure this out for ourselves in our amalgamation of courtroom and judge rolled into one.

The God’s-honest Truth? ANYONE with a CONSCIENCE is actually imprisoned by The Knowledge of Good & Evil.

Why do you suppose MAN killing his fellow MAN is STILL Alive & Well in the twenty-first century?

Because there are still only three reasons a human being purposefully kills another human being. 1): The perpetrator JUDGES the victim as *Evil.* 2): The perpetrator JUDGES it *Good* to kill the victim. Or 3): A combination of the first two JUDGMENTS.

That is what leads to Sin, Victory. JUDGMENT. (Which comes directly from CONSCIENCE.) Piss-poor JUDGMENT. JUDGMENT based upon Good & Evil. Without the Knowledge of Good & Evil, there would have never been the first sacrifice, the first murder, the first war, the first theft, the first lie, the first genocide or the first crowded airliner flown purposefully into a crowded building.

You write:

“I’m struggling here.”

What you are struggling with is RELIGION.

For, what Jesus says at John 15:22-24 cannot be reconciled within the dogma of Christianity, nor within the dogma of Judaism, nor within the dogma of any Religion. (KJV) “If I had not come and spoken unto them (the Pharisees) THEY HAD NOT HAD SIN: but now they have no cloak for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, THEY HAD NOT HAD SIN: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.”

Yes, in these guys minds, they had no sin. And, yes, as they think in their minds, so they are. They TRULY had no sin. (Proverbs 23:7) These very specific, cream-of-the-crop Pharisees (who had no sin) were on THEIR way to becoming the Light of the World — the Salt of the Earth. THESE GUYS were quickly becoming THE PINNACLE by which ALL men should be measured.

And, Jesus put an absolute END to them.

And, rightfully so.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, one may ask (especially someone consumed by Religion), how can I say that I agree with the rightful END of them (meaning, the rightful END of the Pharisees' self-righteousness by their own rectitude); considering, these guys were simply following the instruction of Moses in color by numbers, to the precise detail of every T crossed, to the automated detail of every I dotted and to the absolute letter… of the Law. ALL 600 (of them laws) and then some. These guys tithed down to the last mint and grain of salt. They kept the Sabbath day… to the exclusion of EVERYTHING else in God’s Creation. They obeyed every perceived commandment… to the exclusion of EVERYTHING else in God’s Creation. And, they ENFORCED every perceived commandment… to the exclusion of EVERYTHING else in God’s Creation.

Victory, these guys were DEAD inside.

Sure, they could stand before God, before their Creator, without SIN. Yes, INDEED, they could make that claim. “They HAD NOT HAD SIN.” And, Jesus verifies their claim. Yes, INDEED, they TRULY saw themselves that way. Therefore, “They HAD NOT HAD SIN.”

Yet, not a single one of them could stand before God, their Creator, AS His creation.

AS a human being.

In their minds, they had become something totally different than how they were created. They had become something monstrous.

Alien.

What they had become inside themselves was an abomination. What was Living inside their heads was a meticulous and inescapable prison of their own creation.

They had become RELIGION.

Something well beyond what Steven King could imagine. Meaning, worse than Shawshank State Correctional Facility. Dare I say, worse than a Nazi concentration camp. For, this was the barbed wire, guard towers and machine guns of Moses, totally polluting the Pharisees’ heads. Enabling Jews to DO IT to Jews.

Murder… that is.

You tell me. What difference is there in the Pharisees… religiously throwing human beings into a circle and stoning them to death? Compared to the Gestapo… religiously lining up human beings against a wall and shooting them to death? What’s the difference? Or the Nazis… religiously leading human beings into a shower stall and gassing them to death? What’s the difference?

There is no difference at ALL.

Okay, then. What is this abomination?

Murder? (Buzzer sound!) Wrong.

Yes, Victory, I see it as murder. I will go as far to add, anyone with any humanity at ALL left in him MUST see it as murder. But, no. A person’s humanity has to be flushed out of him… for him to see it as something else.

Both the Nazis and the Pharisees saw it as “sprucing up the community.”

This is RELIGION, talking.

Stoning human beings to DEATH was how the Pharisees spruced up the community. Anyone caught in the act of adultery — the penalty? DEATH. Anyone caught doing work on the Sabbath — the penalty? DEATH. Anyone caught consulting the spirits of the dead — the penalty? DEATH.

You talk about the possibility of some kind of horror happening to my son? Back in Jesus’ day, if a mother or a father had a “rebellious” nine to fourteen-year-old son, either mom or dad could take hold of him and bring him to the elders and say, “This son of mine is stubborn or rebellious” or “a glutton” or “a drunkard.” Then… guess what would happen next? You are welcome to find the instructions for what comes next in Deuteronomy 21:18-21. ALL the men in the town are supposed to stone my son to DEATH. Yes, MURDER my son to DEATH. As in: “you murdered my child” “you chopped him up (with your stones), buried him and went about with your life as if nothing ever happened.”

ALL those people that the elders and Pharisees stoned to DEATH, under the banner of RELIGION, were somebody’s child… somebody’s brother… and somebody’s sister. It could happen right now, today, if we simply Live in a country that still allows such atrocities to happen.

My son could be taken from me (shot to DEATH) while he sits at school… by a religious idiot. How is my son, being stoned to death by A PACK OF RELIGIOUS IDIOTS, any different than him being shot to DEATH at his school by A LONE RELIGIOUS IDIOT?

No difference. It is called RELIGION, my dear.

And, after they — the “mature” know-it-ALL elders — were done MURDERING, they wiped the dust off their hands from the stones they had picked up… and quietly walked AWAY.

As you say, “stone-cold faced with no emotion whatsoever.”

If a school shooter were to survive his entire ordeal of onslaught, believe me, he would tell you HIS “mature, know-it-ALL elder” religious manifesto. His religious REASON for killing a bunch of little kids. A human being MUST be CONSUMED by his RELIGION in order for a human being to be able to indiscriminately kill another human being like that.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At boot camp they teach Marines to believe in their RELIGION. And, the first commandment of that Religion is to de-humanize the human beings that you, a human being, are sent to KILL.

Easy for both of us (you and I, Victory) to see what the Nazis did… as murder.

But, let me ask you this, Victory. When the Pharisees went about their business, having their cohorts throw an adulteress into a circle and throw stones at her, until she is stone, cold dead, does your Religion (the Christian Religion — your “faith”) allow you to SEE what the Pharisees did… as murder?

Keep in mind, the Pharisees were simply following the letter of the Law of Moses. The instructions for stoning an adulteress to death are written down in cold black ink on stone white paper. You can find those instructions in what Christendom calls, “the Good Book.” Check it out in your Bible. Leviticus 20:10. “If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

That’s not my Father, talking. That’s not my Savior, doing the talking, who saves “the adulteress” (a girl likely the age of my son, about fourteen) from men who have been turned into nothing more than a mindless pack of F-ing animals!

No — that’s RELIGION talking.

And, who is the father of Religion? A liar and a murderer.

In MY book, stoning an adulteress to death is murder. And, in MY book, Victory, murder is… “WRONG.” In Jesus’ book, too.

For, according to Jesus, the devil has been the liar and the murderer from the very beginning of ALL of this disorder. And, as Jesus clearly states on more than one occasion: “the devil is the father of the Pharisees.”

What a lesson. The Living God is, indeed, the Father of humankind. And, the devil — by way of his overseer, Master Knowledge of Good & Evil — is, indeed, the father of Religion.

Good thing the Pharisees who saw themselves as sinless, were peering down from the top of the Temple steps at Jesus, at the girl and at the rest of the religious congregation on that fateful day; instead of right there on the Temple grounds, holding stones in their hands. For any one of them (seeing himself without sin) would have been the one… to cast the first stone.

Victory, becoming “sinless” is not the beat-ALL reason to truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross. No, my dear. The beat-ALL reason is, once again, being able to truly see ourselves… as we truly are. PERFECTLY GOOD.

Wild animals that tear each other apart… are sinless. And, they are, indeed, very GOOD creations of the Living God.

The thing that God designed in us (in God’s GOOD Wisdom) that separates human beings from wild animals, is our humanity. For, we are made in the very image of God.

Truly, humanity is a PERFECTLY GOOD creation. God’s very BEST creation.

It is unfortunate, yes, that we have turned ourselves into what we have become — every disorderly step of the way. From THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD & EVIL, comes: 1) CONSCIENCE, 2) JUDGMENTS, 3) GUILT, 4) ORGANIZED RELIGION, 5) SIN and 6) THE LAW (which leads to DEATH).

The GOOD News?

There is a VERY GOOD cure for ALL of this disorder. Truly accepting what’s been done for us on the cross allows a man to truly see himself for what he truly is.

Not just Truly sinless, Victory… Truly GOOD.

Peace and love,

The Third One

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, off to a rocky start here.
Trying to annull or say the Word is incorrect in John's writing the words he wrote.
An intimate disciple of Jesus, a man whom loved and was loved by Jesus, John. Whom was trustworthy enough to be given the Revelation of Christ.

So please what is your assumption and why is John wrong ?
He cant . EVEN when peter is writing the church he knew he would soon have to put off this tabernacle
EVEN AS THE LORD HAD SHOWED HIM . Peter knew what JESUS meant and so DID JOHN .
Dont let these men fool us dear sister . My soul is fat and happy when i saw you correct this person .
WE IS STICKING TO THE BIBLE .

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are the Christian apologists rushing to defend this falsehood? Original Sin. A falsehood that is, indeed, one of the most rotten universal foundation beams of the entire Christian “faith.”

ALL this Church stuff? Is that what’s holding you back, Victory?

Perhaps a New Year’s resolution is in order (lol). I am going to get Christianity out of the way so I can truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross.

I invited @Bible Highlighter into this discussion, strictly because he seems to be the defender of “Original Sin.” What I mean is, the defender, here, within this website. After ALL, he started his own thread, endorsing IT.

Bible Highlighter has nothing to refute out of ALL of what I have written about Original Sin. Thus far, he has only concerned himself with my username.

@Waiting on him says: my “perspective of scripture is most likely the most perverted” he has ever seen. Again, I’d like to thank him for his compliment. High praise from the programming of the Church-Taught. I am in GOOD company. The similarly Programmed-Pharisee says that (and even worse) about Jesus’ perspective of the Scriptures. They call Jesus “Foreigner!” Why do you suppose? Because Jesus sees EVERYTHING (including what David, Job and the prophets say in Scripture) completely differently than how those programmed by RELIGION see things.

It was not the unlearned people, but the Well-Taught-In-The-Scriptures, Religious Bozos, who spit in Jesus’ face and called him “the devil.”

Folks, a bozo one-liner (“your perspective of scripture is perverted” LOL) does not even put a tiny dent in the BIG BUNDLE in which your “Original Sin” notion is now tied up.

Call in your priests, your holy men, your best apologetics. Bring in the guy who copyrighted this nonsense, St. Augustine, himself. Raise him up from the dead and bring him here for his rebuttal. No one can righteously dispute what I have written about the falsehood of “Original Sin.” For, every Word, of what I reduced to print (posts #356 to #374) will stand True till the end of Time.

Victory, do you know what struck me, many years back, the first time the Living God started to seriously break down the Christian Dogma of “Original Sin” for me? Him saying, “You will not find one Word in support of this depraved notion that ever came out of the mouth of Jesus.” And, guess what? He was RIGHT. The most honest part of any Original-Sin-Promoter’s presentation is his total misunderstanding of the Words of Noah. Original Sin supporters always have to cherry-pick the words of Paul and outright twist the Words of David and even rely upon a total rewrite of the Words of David to support their cause. And, what exactly is their cause?

To “prove” that man is born depraved.

You talk about BS, Victory. How’s that for some self-defeating BS. But, throughout ALL their efforts, nowhere can a Original-Sin-Promoter find a single Word of Jesus — nor can he even twist the Words of Jesus — to support his cause.

Just the opposite! The actual Words out of the mouth of Jesus DEFEAT their cause!

THAT is precisely why I started my Original-Sin-BUNDLE by quoting Jesus at John 15:22-24.

Think about it.

Since Jesus clearly states that these men “HAD NOT HAD SIN” before he came to them, what does that mean… in terms of the current matter of discussion on the table? Hello? It specifically MEANS, these men HAD NOT HAD… ORIGINAL SIN!

Makes logical Jesus-Sense. How could these men have had Original sin… when Jesus clearly states that, before he came to them, they had no sin whatsoever?

Makes logical Reality-Sense as well. How could these men have something… that simply does not exist? ORIGINAL SIN can only be found within the false garble of Religion. Show me one new-born babe who pops out of the womb, telling a bold-face lie.

You write:

“My question then is what about the disorder…diagnosed as such by men yes; maybe you would say it isn’t a disorder? But having no conscience at all. Like truly; there being any difference between harm or good has totally left the building.”

Victory, you are STILL seeing CONSCIENCE, itself, as a GOOD thing.

What has “left the building” (should one truly accept what’s been done for us on the cross) is the amalgamation of courtroom and judge rolled into one — the CONSCIENCE — which is nothing more than a Diabolically-Inspired invention of humanity that IMMEDIATELY comes forth from a human being, gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil. Since a true acceptor truly accepts that ALL of his sin has been taken AWAY, he judges himself NOT. He comes to realize, that the same measure he gets is PERFECTLY equal to the same measure he gives. It has to work both ways. And, so… he begins to judge others NOT. He sees what others, deep down, actually are. GOOD and PERFECT creations. Even straight through ALL of their disorder, he sees others AS he SEES himself. Everyone around him is the same as he is, only they have yet to get the board out of their eyes — or, perhaps in some very blessed cases, just a splinter.

As the Holy Spirit sums it up in such GOOD counsel:

“Chill. Calm down. Cool out. Let it go. Think not of yourself nor even the worst person imaginable to you in such a harsh way of Darkness. For, you can trace every evil or sin associated with any one of you back to that person gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil as his Master. Without Master Knowledge of Good & Evil, you simply cannot help but remain absolutely sinless.”
So you believe a good tree can bring forth bad fruit? Yes, or no?

Also, what is your word for word commentary on Romans 5:18?
Do you seek to explain it away by your commentary or do you simply read this verse and believe it?
I mean read the whole chapter of Romans 5. Pay close atttention also to the immediate context, as well. Does it sound like what you believe or does it sound like “Imputed sin by one, and imputed righteousness by another”? Really listen to what God’s Word is saying and don’t listen to your own thoughts. Just read the Bible, and believe it.

Last edited:

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In his "Goodbye Speech" to his disciples, Jesus said to Peter:

John 21:18 (Original Greek) “Truly, truly I say to you. When you were young, you tied a strap around yourself and walked where you wanted to walk. But when you are old, you will extend your hands and another will gird you, and carry you where you do not want to go.”

John assumed that Jesus was referring to Peter's death by crucifixion. John 21:19 (KJV): “Signifying by what death Peter should glorify God.”

John presumption is simply wrong. It is impossible that Jesus was referring in any way to Peter's crucifixion.
Why is it impossible?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Sister, I was most miserable so I sought more pleasures of the world to appease it. Sex, drugs, alcohol, rejecting family. The further I got away from; the faster I ran into the cesspool.

I was only 18 when I first came to know Jesus from there I married ,had 2 children, taught SS, worked hard for my church family & God.

@34, I had started nursing college which took a lot of my time and as I love ppl, I like the other students. My mom used to say every night, " I want to wake up in Jesus's arms". She did ! I blamed the Lord so I was enraged & growing bitter and AWAY, instead of taking OWNERSHIP of the sin I was letting infect my heart.

I basically told God to " go to hell" and I dove head long into sin.( I hated it, it brought me NO happiness nor peace). It took me more than 17 yrs to wallow in the slope b4 I acknowledged the HS conviction. When I did, God's Spirit I thought was gonna beat me to death.
It hurt so bad for him to rehash the sins I was swimming in. Chaistisment from God is worse than any natural beating.

Anyway, I'm sorry, the story can get much longer on how awesome of a loving ,healing, and caring God we serve .
Short answer...lol. NO I never was at peace nor happy and I made horrible mistakes that I pray the ppl I hurt are healed by his love and forgiveness.

Thank you Nancy, glad we returned also.
How did I miss this reply?? I am just seeing it now. It was a good 15-17 years for me too, wallowing in the old ways. Oh how it hurts when He shines the light on us fully! He gets all the corners and nooks and cranny's, we can blind ourselves to it only for so long before we just have to scream "UNCLE"!
We can be such self saboteurs! Glory to God for saving us from our own selves. :vgood:

Reactions: ScottA and L.A.M.B.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quit trying to see CONSCIENCE as a *Good* thing. If you have learned nothing else at this point, KNOW that CONSCIENCE comes DIRECTLY from gaining The Knowledge of Good & Evil, which was and remains PARENTALLY FORBIDDEN to us by our FATHER in Heaven!

You asked if I have no response after all you shared about “original sin”. I’m overwhelmed. Confused. I weigh every thing…and I mean every thing. For example weighing when with my mother, weighing “is this evil?” “Is this good?” (I’m talking about the suffering I watch), in my marriage, out at work…not people but circumstances constantly …so much so that I’m tired and so confused. I weigh and then get very depressed struggling to see any good (again not people but circumstances). For example my MS so far has not been physically walking but attacks of my cognitive thinking. Where I’m struggling so bad to even run a cash register at CVS. Almost blanking out at times; forgetting how to count change…things like that. So it makes me want to sit down in a corner somewhere and cry “Father God…is this good?” Because it doesn’t feel good to me. I have som many whys right now that I can’t think straight. Then I come here and try to discern what is shared by so many, again weighing “is this good.” “Is this evil.” “Is this truth.” Is this false.” If we have indeed believed a whole host of falsehood; how can we get rid of them without weighing what is false or what is truth? Which is tiring. Point is…I have no response right now. My walk so far has been that I couldn’t even quote a verse like “perfect love cast out fear” until about five years ago. I’ve felt like all the study from then to now has only been possible with the Holy Spirit to Help; to guide, teach, direct, and correct. Then I’m confused because so much of what was substantial to me day to day including Paul’s writings….your suggestions are not what I thought it was saying. Does that make sense? So I’m thrown. I tell this to my husband too. What my husband reads and understands from scripture is not at all what I read and understand. We but heads; I tell him if I concede to his interpretation then …I’m conflicted…because I must wipe out all those passages that have come to mean something helpful in my daily walk. And redirect to his way of thinking; when I begged, pleaded even, for the Holy Spirit to please help. This makes me angry and I want to scream “if you love me…please don’t but heads with me over what has been helpful in my struggle.” To get me here to some kind of unscrambling of thoughts. Sometimes it is so clear whenever I’m alone with the word. Then I come here and it is all scrambled up again…with “no” that is not what the word meant. Form every direction.

I choose the above quote because it stands out to me. “The Knowledge of Good & Evil, which was and remains PARENTALLY FORBIDDEN to us by our FATHER in Heaven!”

Concerning original sin. And so much more. I can’t make sense of any of it right now. Im struggling even to read His word, to talk to Him or anything…

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In his "Goodbye Speech" to his disciples, Jesus said to Peter:

John 21:18 (Original Greek) “Truly, truly I say to you. When you were young, you tied a strap around yourself and walked where you wanted to walk. But when you are old, you will extend your hands and another will gird you, and carry you where you do not want to go.”

John assumed that Jesus was referring to Peter's death by crucifixion. John 21:19 (KJV): “Signifying by what death Peter should glorify God.”

John presumption is simply wrong. It is impossible that Jesus was referring in any way to Peter's crucifixion.
You have done nothing to prove its not true and just made an assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.