Information Proves God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great documentaries!

Information Proves God

Proof: DNA Refutes Evolution

Where did God come from?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If God could be proved, there would be no need for anyone to have faith.. ....don't you think?

Reactions: bbyrd009

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God could be proved, there would be no need for anyone to have faith.. ....don't you think?

Really? Lol!

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which is known of God is manifest in them. For God hath manifested it unto them. For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also, and divinity: so that they are inexcusable.

John 11:39-40, 43-44 Jesus saith: Take away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith to him: Lord, by this time he stinketh, for he is now of four days. Jesus saith to her: Did not I say to thee, that if thou believe, thou shalt see the glory of God? When he had said these things, he cried with a loud voice: Lazarus, come forth. And presently he that had been dead came forth, bound feet and hands with winding bands; and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus said to them: Loose him, and let him go.

John 20:27 Then he saith to Thomas: Put in thy finger hither, and see my hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing."

Jesus performed miracles to prove that He was God!! So that you would believe and KEEP THE FAITH!! But you don't have the faith.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truth333

Thanks for your post.
Okay...I will re-read yours in the morning when I am not as tired..and think on your post again. I've never felt that anyone could prove God to anyone else.
But I will think on this tonight.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@truth333

Thanks for your post.
Okay...I will re-read yours in the morning when I am not as tired..and think on your post again. I've never felt that anyone could prove God to anyone else.
But I will think on this tonight.
The proof, sister, is in your heart. None of us here were physically present at the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, yet we believe it because it is in our hearts. Our friend posted part of the conversation with Thomas, but did he not leave out the most important part?

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

Faith is where it must begin, but as we grow we should, I believe, be moving from faith in things of God to knowledge. That knowledge held can be shared with others, but who among those that do not also have it would believe it is so because you say it? Did everyone always immediately and completely believe everything that Jesus said to them?

Reactions: Helen

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did everyone always immediately and completely believe everything that Jesus said to them?

This is the point of my post, God performed miracles to prove that He was God and that all could trust in what He was saying, so that they would keep the faith i.e. the catholic faith.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good one @amadeus I was just too tired last night to think ..let alone respond to posts. But I do like being challenged ...we become complacent when we just rest comfortably in what we believe...it needs to be challenged now and again, to confirm in our own heart that we do indeed believe what we believe.
Challenge is always good. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the point of my post, God performed miracles to prove that He was God and that all could trust in what He was saying, so that they would keep the faith i.e. the catholic faith.
God performed miracles to prove that He was God?

Did proving that to them save all of the masses of people who heard the words of Jesus and witnessed his miracles? Where they when Barabbas was released instead of Jesus?

Consider how many of those who witnessed the miracles of God in Egypt died in the wilderness without ever entering into the Promised Land. What was the difference between them and the two [Joshua and Caleb] who made it?

In the case of Jesus did not many people simply like having their bellies filled without having to work for it?

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled? John 6:26

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did proving that to them save all of the masses of people who heard the words of Jesus and witnessed his miracles? Where they when Barabbas was released instead of Jesus?

Consider how many of those who witnessed the miracles of God in Egypt died in the wilderness without ever entering into the Promised Land. What was the difference between them and the two [Joshua and Caleb] who made it?

In the case of Jesus did not many people simply like having their bellies filled without having to work for it?

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled? John 6:26

Its not a secret, that God has said that few are saved throughout biblical history. The purpose of the miracles was for those who would come to the catholic faith.

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For those who may be interested, the Judeans chose the false son of the father i.e. barabbas. Bar-son of abba-father.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not a secret, that God has said that few are saved throughout biblical history. The purpose of the miracles was for those who would come to the catholic faith.
Since you write the word "catholic" without caps, it could correspond to where I am, but then again we will probably not agree on many things. If we are both still growing we might have to recheck the differences periodically. Hopefully they decreasing as we progress.

As to how many were saved throughout biblical history, I don't have an accurate count on that. Jesus did say,

"For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:14

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you write the word "catholic" without caps, it could correspond to where I am, but then again we will probably not agree on many things. If we are both still growing we might have to recheck the differences periodically. Hopefully they decreasing as we progress.

As to how many were saved throughout biblical history, I don't have an accurate count on that. Jesus did say,

"For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:14

Give God the glory!

There is no connotation with all caps, regarding Catholic. I am a traditional catholic, period.

The white elephant in the room is, that compared to the vast majority who go to hell, the number of the elect is, by far, much smaller.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no connotation with all caps, regarding Catholic. I am a traditional catholic, period.

The white elephant in the room is, that compared to the vast majority who go to hell, the number of the elect is, by far, much smaller.
Most of them who call themselves Christian will not miss because of doctrine, as I see it, but for lack of Love or Charity as per I Corinthians chapter 13.

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one makes a big leap based on some faulty assumptions imo, but hardly salvational i guess

It is interesting that liars like you never bring forward the evidence for which they falsely point to. Bring forward your refutation in detail!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is interesting that liars like you never bring forward the evidence for which they falsely point to. Bring forward your refutation in detail!
ah, how can i, when you have already deemed yourself un...able to hear witnesses?
Hasn't judgement already been rendered here, iow?

But if you can provide an example of an oracle, hearing (or an apology, of course), then i will, ok?

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, how can i, when you have already deemed yourself un...able to hear witnesses?
Hasn't judgement already been rendered here, iow?

But if you can provide an example of an oracle, hearing (or an apology, of course), then i will, ok?

I asked you to bring forward your refutation and you cannot because you cannot refute the truth.