Inspirational Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dad of 3

Sep 17, 2006
As I take baby steps towards God, I've found one person whose faith, unshakeable as it was, has given me some strength. He wasn't any of the standards that people would name as inspirational, like Billy Graham or someone similar, but one who was as equally faithful as he was flawed. I personally find inspiration in Johnny Cash. Anyone else?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have drawn from various sources over the years. I'd have to say the two biggest sources for me are my father and my great grandmother. My great grandmother was probably like most of the others out there; she barely had an elementary school education but she knew virtually everything she needed to know about God and was right up there at the top of the wisdom list. She had a very close relationship from God, and despite her lack of "scholarly" knowledge, she knew God in a much closer and better manner than I probably ever will. She just emitted love and humbleness when you were around her.The second is my father because he shares the similar mindset that I do of wanting to know more and digging deeper, particularly into prophecy. He and my mother did a wonderful job with me and I don't know where I'd be without them. He is very good with Scripture and doesn't have to lean on the Strong's and computer programs to find things as much as I do; although over time I'm getting better. I still will probably never have the mind he does.I think as far as famous figures, I look to Cash (so does my father) because of what he went through and where he ultimately put his faith. I also look to many of the early fathers of this nation who were simple yet amazing God-fearing men.Finally, I have been blessed by God with a girlfriend of nearly 5 years now (this Monday) and she has been my rock in many regards here on Earth. I know God saw fit to put her and the rest in my life for a reason and you simply cannot convey what each and every one of these people have done for me.