Intolerance And Judgmentalism In A Christian Forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?

I don't SEE "hostility"...
ie....of a desire of one "wanting, hoping, wishing" another "IS CONDEMNED" to an ever lasting separation From God.

I DO "SEE"... Disagreements in what People Believe.

I DO "SEE"...Some People, Advocating to BELIEVE men, rather than the Word of God.

I DO "SEE"... People Expressly NOT persuaded TO BELIEVE, what Scripture DOES NOT Verify.

* As long as Mortals inhabit the Earth;
There WILL ALWAYS BE A DIVISION...
BETWEEN
Advocates STANDING FOR and WITH the Lord God...
AND
Advocates STANDING FOR and WITH man...

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John.7
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was Alister Begg I was listening to the other day, he said the Christian life is best described as "Warfare".

Much love!

Interesting one word wrap up.

Reactions: marks

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other hand, Jesus would get kicked out of any forums for telling it like it is, without pulling punches - like calling Pharisees and religious leaders hypocrites, sons of Satan, vipers, blind guides leading others into a ditch, and making their followers twice the sons of hell that they are, and whitewashed tombs full of corruption, etc. .

No, we’re not Jesus, but Paul wrote we have the mind of Christ.

Maranatha

Shalom Aleichem

Baruch HaShem Adonai

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I so appreciate all the responses to the OP, but I'm afraid many folks missed my point. I'm often not clear enough. My concern is that the devil is recruiting and training many of us to be real persecutors in the future when things really start to heat up right before the 2nd Coming. I know a lot of folks don't subscribe to that doctrine, but I gotta go with what I know.
:)
Ephesians 6:12 Parallel: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

John 16:2 Parallel: They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Have we not read that we do not battle with flesh and blood but with the powers, principalities, and the dark spiritual forces of this world????

So "WE" battle with those dark spiritual forces - yet don't we also understand by the reading that we are not battling with flesh and blood people?

Of course "battling" is a bit different that having discussing with other people - offering correction - and us having different views, understanding, and such. It is also written that we all know in part - so sharing the parts we have, experiences we have, opinions we have, and even corrections for we have for others is not the battle!

Concerning this I often see Christians looked to how the devil is after others and influencing others, as opposed to looking at the "Battle" they personally have with those dark forces!!!

I would suggest that of course "the devil is recruiting and training many of us" and that "US" includes ourselves!! So we must first look at ourselves, because that is where we have the greatest ability to influence and fight that battle!!!

In fact - have we not considered that the devil might be using our complaint against others as a tool to glorify himself?

Yes - we have to be aware of the "Battle" with the dark forces - but that is not to be our "Concern"! Our concern needs to be us personally following Jesus Christ by listening to His voice. He will make you aware of what the devil does. Maybe not every time, because often the best way to train a person to ride a bike is to let them have chances to succeed of fall. Yet Jesus Christ is the light - meaning He will open up your eyes to the "Battle" and most importantly He opens up your eyes to it being in your life, personally!!!

Because that is what we all need to see! - that is how the dark forces come after us personally!

Rom 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

Now check out the above verse. Paul, that Jewish/Christian man who wrote do much of the New Testament found out that evil was present in him at the time of that writing. Compare that attitude to that of that Pharisee named Saul who was going about ready to accuse those Christians and throw them into jail! Of course Saul is Paul with the big difference being that Christ was in Paul's life when he wrote about evil being present in him. So people - if you come to know Jesus Christ and spend time with Him you will begin to realize more and more that the battle is in you, personally!!

I don't expect newer Christians to understand this so much. The understanding come more and more over time, while spending time with the Lord Jesus Christ! Still it is an understanding that in general we need to have, as Christians. That is - the Battle with those powers, principalities, and dark forces, is primarily a battle with in us. Oh Yeah - everyone else also has that same battle and we don't always do so well with it (we would know that if we know about the battle in us) but if we are winning the battle in us, then we are not going to get so offended by what others asy about us, because we know the love of God, who is Jesus Christ. We are not out to please them but Him, are we.

So again - our concern is not about the enemy (just be aware) but our concern is making Jesus Christ our Lord so that we seek Him and that to listen to Him and please Him!!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps the OP had something like this in mind...
“For they shall put you out from their assemblies, and the hour will come when everyone who would kill you will think that he presents an offering to God.” - John 16:2 Aramaic bible in plain English.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill say the quote again.

In Essentials, Unity

In Non-Essentials Liberty

In all things, Charity

That being said, there are going to be some people (tares, Ishmaels) that claim to be Christian but really hate God's people and seek to slander and cause division. You won't get through to them because they aren't truly born again.

But we are to be innocent as doves. Known by our reasonableness. Willing to extend grace to others. If we could show grace to others we disagree with it could change lives.

Proverbs says a gentle answer turns away wrath.

Sometimes, a situation tempts us to dig in our heels. But we must follow the Holy Spirit when we are offended, so we don't return evil for evil. Let's defeat evil by doing good.

Reactions: marks and Truman

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill say the quote again.

In Essentials, Unity

In Non-Essentials Liberty

In all things, Charity

That being said, there are going to be some people (tares, Ishmaels) that claim to be Christian but really hate God's people and seek to slander and cause division. You won't get through to them because they aren't truly born again.

But we are to be innocent as doves. Known by our reasonableness. Willing to extend grace to others. If we could show grace to others we disagree with it could change lives.

Proverbs says a gentle answer turns away wrath.

Sometimes, a situation tempts us to dig in our heels. But we must follow the Holy Spirit when we are offended, so we don't return evil for evil. Let's defeat evil by doing good.
Very few agree on what are essentials and what are nonessentials. :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?
I have found the best way to deal with unkind people is to ignore their unkindness, and concentrate on proving my point.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why just mention Christian Forums? There is hostility in churches, in Christian homes, Christian schools, Christian businesses...
It's the end times brother....evil will wax worse and worse and man will become haters of one another.
2 Timothy 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
² For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
³ Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
⁴ Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
⁶ For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
⁷ Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
⁸ Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
⁹ But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Your best defense is to have a good offense....the fruits of the Holy Spirit
Galatians 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²² But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
²³ Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
²⁴ And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
²⁵ If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
²⁶ Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

God Bless

Reactions: amadeus

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i think it's cool letting those rude persons here since it's a part of reality and we see those things everyday in our daily lives and by chance we get addicted to ignore button there's no such in reality so if there is no ignore button how will you be able to tolerate if you do not teaches yourself patience i am a hot headed person so my only patience is not to care and if i care by chance i would probably heated up eventually forgot who i am then loses control

and if this site did banned those aren't they just hidding the truth hidding from reality but still rules really is a must if there are no rules everyone will do as they pleases likewise if christians has no rules irl everything will turned out to be a mess

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why just mention Christian Forums?
Because we're all on a Christian Forum. There are no churches, homes, schools, or businesses here.

It wouldn't bother me at all if this thread were closed. I've completely failed to make my point clear enough, and my intentions are being almost totally misunderstood. I suppose it will fizzle out soon enough, anyway. No worries.

:)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who feels that way?
Probably. There is a huge difference between sharp disagreements and persecution. Given the fact that people from all over the world happen to visit Christian forums, it is hardly likely that anyone will persecute anyone else. Furthermore Christians are not called to persecute anyone because of their beliefs. But it has happened in the past (during the Reformation). On the other hand the governments of the world are presently engaged in persecuting Christians simply because they are Christians. That should be our primary concern.