Is it okay to eat pork?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about you ANSWER Isaiah 66:15-17?

How about you ANSWER where the Christian must keep or is free to disregard the TC?
I'm not going to keep striving with you.
From my experience, all you "Torah observant" Christians are lost causes.
You haven't bothered to read, as I've noted, and I'm not interested in any further vain striving.
You're not interested in hearing my views, and I'm definitely not going to be misled by yours.
That's the bottom line. We're not going to get past that.
We have laid our perspectives out, now it's up to the readers to decide for themselves.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we've furnished our views, and neither of us is changing, so there's nothing left to say.
Thanks for discussion.
I'll consider your refusal to answer these questions concessions.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to keep striving with you.
From my experience, all you "Torah observant" Christians are lost causes.
You haven't bothered to read, as I've noted, and I'm not interested in any further vain striving.
You're not interested in hearing my views, and I'm definitely not going to be misled by yours.
That's the bottom line. We're not going to get past that.
We have laid our perspectives out, now it's up to the readers to decide for themselves.
lolol I NEVER run from a challenge.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do munch on some bacon sometimes right?
The 10 Commandments does not say you can't eat bacon, ham, or poke chops! View attachment 39548
I actually do not go out of my way to eat pork, but I was forced into Islam in formative years, so I have an aversion to it. Also, we're not to use our freedom as an opportunity to indulge, but to serve one another (Galatians 5).

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello….

Can you be specific?
I thought I explained my meaning; maybe I misunderstood the point of the post I responded to. If I did, sorry.

I’ll try to clarify: if one endeavors to use Isaiah 66 to apply it to Christians — that they shouldn’t eat pork — then that understanding contradicts Jesus @ Mark 7:19, where Jesus “declared all foods clean / allowed”.

However, if one understands that God’s words in Isaiah 66 applied only to Jews, ie., those under the Mosaic Law, there’s no contradiction. Since the Mosaic Law has no authority over / doesn’t apply to Christians, as Acts 15 highlights.

Best wishes.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever wish to regain credibility by answering my challenges, I look forward to reading them.
I don't care what about your judgments. I invite the readers to judge for themselves who made the more convincing arguments, and who they side with.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do munch on some bacon sometimes right?
The 10 Commandments does not say you can't eat bacon, ham, or poke chops! View attachment 39548
Munch away! Especially when Christ returns.

Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV
[15] For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
[16] For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually do not go out of my way to eat pork, but I was forced into Islam in formative years, so I have an aversion to it. Also, we're not to use our freedom as an opportunity to indulge, but to serve one another (Galatians 5).

I ate lots of pork growing up, but after seeing some of the medical studies showing pork is not healthy for our bodies... I rarely eat pork not for health reasons. And definitely would not if I knew someone had a problem with eating pork.

But, if someone invites me over to dinner I'd eat pork if that is what they are serving.

I was just giving Brutha Doo Dad a hard time since he was saying when Jesus returns He's going to fry all the bacon eaters as though this is the unpardonable sin er something funny.gif

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care what about your judgments. I invite the readers to judge for themselves who made the more convincing arguments, and who they side with.
Dude, don't you realize they're wondering why you can't answer my challenges? They want explanations from you.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ate lots of pork growing up, but after seeing some of the medical studies showing pork is not healthy for our bodies... I rarely eat pork not for health reasons. And definitely would not if I knew someone had a problem with eating pork.

But, if someone invites me over to dinner I'd eat pork if that is what they are serving.

I was just giving Brutha Doo Dad a hard time since he was saying when Jesus returns He's going to fry all the bacon eaters as though this is the unpardonable sin er something View attachment 39550
Yeah, I probably say the same--"eat what ever is set before you".