Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Responding to satan No>> this bores me , threading the truth gets me up and running !Its up to The Ghost to !!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the Son >> I just luv your apostasy!! as The jews wanted to stone Jesus because he said I Am >> and I see in your evil lust do not understand the bible at all and what it talks about. Its really intro that any one can take parts of the bible and run with it and make it any way they want {satan} but I will leave you with the sword of GodJesus>>
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. The Jews Knew when Jesus I'm >> but you have no understanding>>MMMM 2000 years and still no understanding>> sad.
so I can take this as you cannot answer the question? LOL... (smile). Just can't answer a simple question. how hard is it. Oh well, the answer is ONE PERSON, see how easy it is to answer.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully, here are some scriptures that should cause honest-hearted people to reevaluate their position on the Trinity. At John 3:16, Jesus clearly identifies himself as "the only-begotten Son of God", saying that "God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life".

How can Jesus be "begotten" or has a father, if he is God ? Psalms 90:2 says that God is "from everlasting to everlasting", having had no beginning. Yet of Jesus, he said that he is "the beginning of the creation by God" at Revelation 3:14. And at 2 Corinthians, the apostle Paul says: "Praise be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ".(2 Cor 1:3; see also Eph 1:3)

And Proverbs 8, it speaks of Jesus as wisdom personified: "Jehovah produced me (Hebrew qanah meaning "to erect, i. e. create, to procure, especially by purchase") as the beginning of his way, the earliest achievements of long ago".(Prov 8:22) Many feel that it is God's personal wisdom that is an integral part of him being spoken of here, but this reasoning is flawed, for the wisdom at Proverbs 8 had a beginning while God's personal wisdom has always existed as part of God.

Hence the wisdom here at Proverbs 8 was "produced", having had a beginning and worked with Jehovah God as his "master worker" (Hebrew amohn that means "skilled, i. e. an architect") and that "he was especially fond of day by day".(Prov 8:30) The apostle Paul says that "Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God".(1 Cor 1:24) Thus, Jesus was "produced", having a starting point in life while God has forever existed.

Also consider what Jesus said just hours before his death, whereby he made a clear distinction between himself and God: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me".(John 14:1, King James Bible) If Jesus is God, then why did he distinguish himself from God here ?

Now consider Philippians 2 that so many try to use, and in which the apostle Paul is showing just how humble Jesus is, being "obedient unto death". Then Paul says of Jesus: "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every other name:"(Phil 2:8, 9)

This begs two questions: (1) If Jesus is God, then how could be exalted to a higher position and that by God ? (2) If Jesus is God, then how could he receive a name "above every other name", since God's name is "unreachably high"? (Ps 148:13, "excellent", King James Bible, Hebrew sagab meaning "lofty, especially inaccessible")

Or at John 7, Jesus tells the Jews: "What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or (Greek e, which is "a primary particle of distinction between two connected terms", Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible) I speak of my own originality."(John 7:16, 17)

How could Jesus be God and yet "teach is (what is) not mine" ? How could Jesus be God and yet clearly make a line of demarcation between him and God by the use of the word "or", such as "Should I use the green towel or the blue one ?" This sentence clearly make a separation between the two towels with the word "or".

At John 8, Jesus reaffirms this by saying to the Jews: "After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things."(John 8:28)

If Jesus is God, then why can he "do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me" ? And if Jesus is God, then why did he pray to God ? At Hebrews 5, the apostle Paul wrote: "During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear."(Heb 5:7) If Jesus is God, then why does he have "godly fear" ?

Or where Paul continues in Hebrews, saying: "Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, because he has been designated by God a high priest in the manner of Mel·chiz′e·dek."(Heb 5:8-10)

If Jesus is God, then how could be "learn obedience", since God is obedient to no one ?(see Dan 4:35, whereby Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged that "there is no one who can hinder him (God) or say to him, ' What have you done ?") If Jesus is God, then how could he be "designated by God" to be a high priest in the manner of Melchizedek ?

Or at John 4, where Jesus told the Samaritan woman: "You worship what you do not know; we worship (Jesus included himself in worshipping the Father) what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews.....God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him (God, not Jesus ) must worship with spirit and truth.”(John 4:22, 24) How could Jesus be God and yet worship God ?

Or at Matthew 4, whereby Jesus tells Satan: "Go away Satan ! For it is written: "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service".(Matt 4:10) Jesus clearly pointed everyone towards worshipping Jehovah, not himself, establishing that he is not God. So, will sound reasoning be used or will there be a continuation of twisting the scriptures, believing in the Trinity ?

Reactions: KBCid and bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully, here are some scriptures that should cause honest-hearted people to reevaluate their position on the Trinity. At John 3:16, Jesus clearly identifies himself as "the only-begotten Son of God", saying that "God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life".

How can Jesus be "begotten" or has a father, if he is God ? Psalms 90:2 says that God is "from everlasting to everlasting", having had no beginning. Yet of Jesus, he said that he is "the beginning of the creation by God" at Revelation 3:14. And at 2 Corinthians, the apostle Paul says: "Praise be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ".(2 Cor 1:3; see also Eph 1:3)
the only begotten son, is that in Spirit or in flesh?. and two is the definition "Son" only mean flesh? question, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". now if God came and saved us who is son, then who is this saviour, saiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

Reactions: Pisteuo

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question of whether an ' only begotten son is either flesh or spirit ' is moot, trying to deflect the real point of Jesus being uniquely created by Jehovah God and not part of a trinity. That a son can be either flesh or spirit, as for example, the angels are called "sons of God" at Job 38:7: "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause" upon laying the foundation for the earth billions of years ago.(Job 38:4)

Jesus established himself as the "only-begotten Son of God" (John 3:16) unique in all the universe, while Jehovah and he as Jehovah's "master worker" (Prov 8:30) together created the universe with all its life (Col 1:16), so that other sons came into existence, such as the angels who number into the hundreds of millions.(Dan 7:10)

Many twist the Scriptures in an attempt to swing the view that Jesus is part of a trinity without seriously examining the Bible. They are like a person "stuck in a rut", unwilling to see just where they are, just going along "for the ride" as the churches of Christendom have set as "orthodox" teaching and tradition.

For example, someone tampered with an ancient Greek manuscript so that 1 Timothy 3:16 reads in some Bibles as "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit" (King James Bible), instead of accurately reading: "Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: He (Greek hos meaning "who" instead of theos meaning "God") was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit".

By a slight alteration, the word "he" or "who" was changed into an abbreviation for God. The Codex Alexandrius of the 5th century C.E. contained such a change, but the older Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaticus of the 4th century C.E. exposed such a wrongful alteration.

Some Bibles have continued to perpetrate such wrongful tampering, such as the King James Bible (as well as Young's Bible, Darby's Bible, Webster's Bible), so that the Trinity seems to maintain a "stronghold", but many other Bible translations have seen this alteration, this tampering and have rendered 1 Timothy 3:16 more accurately as "he" or "he who", pointing to Jesus.(American Standard, International Standard Version, William's Bible, Montgomery New Testament, New World Translation)

Reactions: KBCid and bbyrd009

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully, here are some scriptures that should cause honest-hearted people to reevaluate their position on the Trinity.

People who accept the pagan trinity are those who find comfort in the teachings of men and will typically not listen to anything or anyone even if they were to rise from the dead. Your understanding is true and correct. I thank the Father of all living for having mercy to open another mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaybird

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question of whether an ' only begotten son is either flesh or spirit ' is moot, trying to deflect the real point of Jesus being uniquely created by Jehovah God and not part of a trinity. That a son can be either flesh or spirit, as for example, the angels are called "sons of God" at Job 38:7: "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause" upon laying the foundation for the earth billions of years ago.(Job 38:4)
I disagree with that assessment. in Job that you quoted have nothing to do with angels as sons of God. if you like, we can take this one step at a time. and I'll start with the first premise of evidence. James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning". if one would look up the word "Father", I'm using the blue letter bible online, Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
if one look at the III third outline and section A. it states, God is called the Father of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler, (hence the title FATHER). here in Job the Stars are referring to the ACTUAL Stars in heavens (God sons). so that takes care of the Morning Stars. and not Morning Star, but star(s) with the "s" at the end. now, the sons of God, go to dictionary.com, or the free dictionary, or any dictionary and look up luminaries in the plural. it means a celestial body, as the sun or moon. now that we have this information, let’s see this sun and moon and the actual stars and what they did in Job 38:7. Remember the Almighty said that they sang and shouted for joy. this clearly is a metaphor. scripture, Psalms 148:1 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. Verse 2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. 3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. 4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. 5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created”. Now what do the word praise mean here? It is the Hebrew word, H1984 הָלַל halal (haw-lal') v. which can be translated as “sing”, or “shine”. See, the stars, the sun and the moon sang or praised God by shining their lights in creation. One more to be sure, Psalms 65:13 "The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing”. there it is, The pastures, and valleys also praising God for their produce? PLEASE READ THOSE VERSES. they was shouting for joy and singing just as Job 38 states. It’s all a metaphor. Do we now understand.

I'll wait for your explanation, and then we can move on to your next outline.

Peace in Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus established himself as the "only-begotten Son of God" (John 3:16) unique in all the universe, while Jehovah and he as Jehovah's "master worker" (Prov 8:30) together created the universe with all its life (Col 1:16), so that other sons came into existence, such as the angels who number into the hundreds of millions.(Dan 7:10)
#1. Angels are never sons. #2. U said, "Jehovah's "master worker" (Prov 8:30) together created the universe with all its life". sorry Wisdom is God himself, he needed no help nor did he work "together" with anyone else. supportive scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". the Lord Jesus didn't have any help. he was alone, by himself.
hope that helped.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"#1. Angels are never sons."

Job 38:7 "sons of God" is often rendered as "angels"

CEV - while morning stars sang, and angels rejoiced?

ERV - when the morning stars sang together and the angels shouted with joy?

GNT - In the dawn of that day the stars sang together, and the heavenly beings shouted for joy.

ISV - while the morning stars sang together and all the divine beings shouted joyfully?

TLB - What supports its foundations, and who laid its cornerstone as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

NCV - while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted with joy?

NIV - while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

NLT - as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

NRSV - when the morning stars sang together and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy?

And most Bible Commentaries tell us the sons of God in Job 38 are angels:

"and all the sons of God shouted for joy; which are usually understood of angels also, so the Targum; who are the sons of God, not by birth, as Christ, nor by adoption, as saints; but by creation, as Adam, Luke 3:38. And because they bear some likeness to God, as holy spirits, and honour and obey him in doing his will" - John Gill's Commentary.

"(v. 7), when the morning-stars sang together, the blessed angels (the first-born of the Father of light), who, in the morning of time, shone as brightly as the morning star, going immediately before the light which God commanded to shine out of darkness upon the seeds of this lower world, the earth, which was without form and void. They were the sons of God, who shouted for joy when they saw the foundations of the earth laid" - Matthew Henry Bible Commentary.

Sons of God — The angels [are] called the sons of God, because they had their whole being from him, and because they were made partakers of his Divine and glorious image. - Wesley's Explanatory Notes.

"And the sons of God — The angels, as before, called the sons of God, because they had their whole being from him, and because they bear his divine and glorious image; shouted for joy" - Benson's Commentary.

"And all the sons of God - Angels - called the sons of God from their resemblance to him, or their being created by him." - Albert Barnes' Notes.

"sons of God = angels. See note on Genesis 6:2, and the eight occurrences of the expression in O.T. - E.W. Bullinger.

"by the sons of God, and the morning stars, the angelic host is meant" - Adam Clarke Commentary.

"'The sons of God' are here the angels" - James Burton Coffman Commentaries on the Bible.

"the angels are called stars, and morning stars in Scripture." - Thomas Coke Commentary.

"7. Sons of God] the angels." - Dummelow's Commentary.

"7. When the morning-stars sang together [the stars preceded the earth], and all the sons of God [angels] shouted for joy?" - The People's Bible.

"The sons of God, as it here follows, the latter clause of the verse being explicatory of the former, as is most frequent in this and some other books of Scripture, to wit, the angels, who may well be called stars" - Matthew Poole's English Annotations.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The sons of God, as it here follows, the latter clause of the verse being explicatory of the former, as is most frequent in this and some other books of Scripture, to wit, the angels, who may well be called stars" - Matthew Poole's English Annotations.

More to add;
Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

Numbers 24:17 I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near: a star shall come out of Jacob...

Judges 5:20 From heaven the stars fought, from their courses they fought against Sisera.

Rev 19:9Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” 10At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, will sound reasoning be used or will there be a continuation of twisting the scriptures, believing in the Trinity ?

ummm... I would say that twisting the scriptures is the norm for those trying to draw away the elect.

....and they bowed down and prayed.... to the neon god they made...

Reactions: Richard_oti

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so I can take this as you cannot answer the question? LOL... (smile). Just can't answer a simple question. how hard is it. Oh well, the answer is ONE PERSON, see how easy it is to answer.

This person can never ever answer a clear question. He just has to stick to his own script. Anything outside of that and he cannot answer for himself.

Reactions: jaybird and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"#1. Angels are never sons."
this is correct.
you're correct again, so many translation are inaccurate

but in the book of Job there are son of God, just not in chapter 38 listen, Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east". can you spot the Sons of God in this one verse.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is correct.

you're correct again, so many translation are inaccurate

but in the book of Job there are son of God, just not in chapter 38 listen, Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east". can you spot the Sons of God in this one verse.

No, I don't see "sons of God" in Job 1:3.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't see "sons of God" in Job 1:3.
GINOLJC to all, first thanks for your response. Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east". the word "men" here is the key. in Hebrew, it's strong's H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m. the exact same word used in Genesis 6:2 for sons of God. there in the plural like here with men. please look this up. now why did the writer use men here instead of Sons. the writer could have used. H582 אֱנוֹשׁ 'enowsh (en-oshe') n-m for men. but the writer used H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m. and here's why. in the very next verse Job and the men of the east and Job sons was keeping God feast days. how do we know this. examine verse 4 closely. Job 1:4 "And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them". in verse 2, Job had 7 sons and 3 daughters. and each son "feasted" in their own house. they was having a 7 day feast. do this sound familiar? it should. Deuteronomy 16:15 "Seven days shalt thou keep a solemn feast unto the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD shall choose: because the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands, therefore thou shalt surely rejoice". but there's more. next verse, Deuteronomy 16:16 "Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty". how many daughters did Job have ....... 3. and these feasts are to be held 3 times a year.

so going back to verse 3 Job was a blessed man and his substance was GREAT. and Job was the "greatest" of all the men/sons of the east.

the book of Job is full of unseen on the surface information. plenty to be gleam from this book.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all, first thanks for your response. Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east". the word "men" here is the key. in Hebrew, it's strong's H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m. the exact same word used in Genesis 6:2 for sons of God. there in the plural like here with men. please look this up. now why did the writer use men here instead of Sons. the writer could have used. H582 אֱנוֹשׁ 'enowsh (en-oshe') n-m for men. but the writer used H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m. and here's why. in the very next verse Job and the men of the east and Job sons was keeping God feast days. how do we know this. examine verse 4 closely. Job 1:4 "And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them". in verse 2, Job had 7 sons and 3 daughters. and each son "feasted" in their own house. they was having a 7 day feast. do this sound familiar? it should. Deuteronomy 16:15 "Seven days shalt thou keep a solemn feast unto the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD shall choose: because the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands, therefore thou shalt surely rejoice". but there's more. next verse, Deuteronomy 16:16 "Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty". how many daughters did Job have ....... 3. and these feasts are to be held 3 times a year.

so going back to verse 3 Job was a blessed man and his substance was GREAT. and Job was the "greatest" of all the men/sons of the east.

the book of Job is full of unseen on the surface information. plenty to be gleam from this book.

I still don't see 'sons of God' in Job 1:3. The word ben H1121 is merely 'sons of.' In Job 1:3 it is used with 'East' ('sons of [the] East'). And at Genesis 6 'sons of' is used with 'God' ('sons of God').

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still don't see 'sons of God' in Job 1:3. The word ben H1121 is merely 'sons of.' In Job 1:3 it is used with 'East' ('sons of [the] East'). And at Genesis 6 'sons of' is used with 'God' ('sons of God').
East don't produce sons. sons here are spiritual. understand the word or term "son" it don't always mean in the flesh like male offspring. no, sons spiritually speaking means a manifest of certain character, or moral characteristics. the way one acts, good or evil. spiritually without reference to sex, or the gender. tigger 2, H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m is in reference to characteristics, a son should act like their father. and Job and these men did to the best of their ability.

but if you can't see it don't sweat it.

peace in Christ..

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 41:4 (NKJV) Who has performed and done it,
Calling the generations from the beginning?
‘I, the Lord, am the first;
And with the last I am He.’

Isaiah 44:6 (NKJV) Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.'

Revelation 22:13 (NKJV) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

Revelation 2:8 (NKJV) And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,
These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

Should dispel any ideas that Yeshua was not the pre-existant almighty God, one part of the triune Elohim. The passages I posted, I said that those should DISPEL or REJECT any idea that Yeshua is not the Yahweh of scripture.

Last edited: