Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
.. Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
.... According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,
...... that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
.. according to the good pleasure of His will,
.... To the praise of the glory of His grace,
...... wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,
.. according to the riches of His grace; ...

(Ephesians 1:3-7)

Hello @Episkopos,

Yes, by the grace of God I have gained permanent access to the Father, through Christ Jesus my Lord: and I am assured that I now walk before Him in newness of life, in Christ Jesus: being now dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God in Him (Romans 6:11). Having died with Christ by God's reckoning, been buried, quickened and raised with Him (Romans 5:12 to 8:39); and am in God's sight ascended with Him, to God's right hand (Ephesians 2:6), where I await His appearing in glory, when I shall appear there with Him (Colossians 3:3-4), along with all who love His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 2:13).

* I am as near to the Father as my Beloved Lord is, and am welcome in His company, as a child with His Father. The object of His Love, in Christ Jesus.

* This is what I have heard, and this is what I believe to be true. because I believe God.

Praise His Holy Name!

(1 Thessalonians 5:24)
Hymn: A mind at perfect peace with God
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Ephesians 1 is a truly wondrous chapter. It can take years truly to let its implications sink in prayerfully...

Reactions: charity

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1 is a truly wondrous chapter. It can take years truly to let its implications sink in prayerfully...
I taught Ephesians 1 to a group in a retirement home once, and as I was leaving, some of the ladies had already moved out to the courtyard. As I walked between them, one stopped me, and pointed me to another, and said, I think she's upset! And there was a woman in her 90's crying. I knelt down close to her, and asked, What's wrong? All those things you said in there, all those things we have in Christ, I don't have them! I'm so afraid! I suggested she speak with her Father, Talk to Him, tell Him you want Him, that you're sorry for your sins. And I held her and she cried and cried (like me now!), and then she became quite, and she looked up, smiling, and said, "I think I'm OK now!" And that was how I met Yula, who went to Jesus a few years ago, in her one hundredth. So precious!

And there you have my "gift of evangelism"! That one's not mine. I have to be shoved in the right direction.

Much love!

Reactions: charity and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I taught Ephesians 1 to a group in a retirement home once, and as I was leaving, some of the ladies had already moved out to the courtyard. As I walked between them, one stopped me, and pointed me to another, and said, I think she's upset! And there was a woman in her 90's crying. I knelt down close to her, and asked, What's wrong? All those things you said in there, all those things we have in Christ, I don't have them! I'm so afraid! I suggested she speak with her Father, Talk to Him, tell Him you want Him, that you're sorry for your sins. And I held her and she cried and cried (like me now!), and then she became quite, and she looked up, smiling, and said, "I think I'm OK now!" And that was how I met Yula, who went to Jesus a few years ago, in her one hundredth. So precious!

And there you have my "gift of evangelism"! That one's not mine. I have to be shoved in the right direction.

Much love!
Scripture is so searching! :)

Reactions: charity

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We rest in the finished work of Christ.

Much love!
I can understand that, but then again when one talks to some ? do we truly just rest in that like it's a done deal ? did Paul ?

The reason why I point this out is that I have come across some that claim that they are saved and say they believe in a Jesus, but they are happy to abide in sin, happy to promote Sodomy totally and use malice as a tool and promote greed and all works in Satan.
Many Priest do this as well not to mention nowadays even more so now, not to mention that they hid all the child molesters from the public not to mention were happy to promote such a deception as to their own flock and nowadays still have not truly repented at all, you will now them by their works Jesus said. so ones works will condemn you.

They claim that all are saved because of Jesus finished work on the cross ? it's a done deal ? even Satan must be saved then ? one need be very carful as to the detail of he true issue of the word, because Satan is a master of deception.
One only need say that they believe who Jesus is ? well Satan believed who Jesus was ? But believing who Jesus is just does not cut it.
One must follow in him or he will not know you, as he pointed this out.

Many believe in God but do they know God ? only the truly born again in Christ Jesus know God, as such is the only way, it's through Christ Jesus only.

No other religion can come to the Father, one can only come through Jesus Christ.
But Pope Frances claims that Islam worship the same God ? now that's blasphemy in fact ! Islam is a mans works religion, just as Judaism always was and still is, for they do not know Jesus Christ or the Father, for it they knew Jesus is the Christ, they would be Christians.

All other religions are rubbish for they know not God ! and a true Christian knows this for a fact.
No follower of Judaism knows God, for if they did they would become Christian on the spot like Saul when became Paul and Paul never sat on his arse, because Paul was a Servant of God.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like on another thread today, I forget which, works don't save, but saving faith works.

Is this along the lines of what you are thinking?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying what you do by experience or because of a formula you read about?

Or is this only about what you think will happen after you die? Catholics think like that. That there is no possibility of a real fellowship with God.
Yes, they do... but not all Catholics all of the time. I was Catholic and I remember walking out in a field behind my grandmother's house when I was 10 years old [1953] and sincerely talking to God for a long time one afternoon. I knew really effectively nothing of the Bible except the little bit the priest read in those days. But, I did already know something about God although my words to express it may have missing. God did not answer me for a very long time, but eventually He did answer me. Eventually He did draw me closer to Him... but it was about 22 years later. Was this not still fellowship?

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, they do... but not all Catholics all of the time. I was Catholic and I remember walking out in a field behind my grandmother's house when I was 10 years old [1953] and sincerely talking to God for a long time one afternoon. I knew really effectively nothing of the Bible except the little bit the priest read in those days. But, I did already know something about God although my words to express it may have missing. God did not answer me for a very long time, but eventually He did answer me. Eventually He did draw me closer to Him... but it was about 22 years later. Was this not still fellowship?

True...although not very common. I had no idea that walking with God was possible growing up Catholic.

of course never say never! :)

Reactions: amadeus

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Hello @jaybird,

The Lord Jesus Christ is the way. Trusting in the efficacy of His all-sufficient sacrifice on our behalf, is the way to the Father. It is as simple as that.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

so what was the deal with all that teaching He did when all we are supposed to do is believe He died?

i have always been a bit uncomfortable rooting my belief in human sacrifice, that was the way of the Canaanites and Aztecs and they were pretty dark, evil and disturbing. you would think they way of Jesus would be different than that.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so what was the deal with all that teaching He did when all we are supposed to do is believe He died?

i have always been a bit uncomfortable rooting my belief in human sacrifice, that was the way of the Canaanites and Aztecs and they were pretty dark, evil and disturbing. you would think they way of Jesus would be different than that.

'Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.'

(Joh 15:13)

Hello @jaybird,

The Lord Jesus Christ took upon Himself the form of a man and came to lay down His life, taking the penalty of our sin upon Himself, that we by simple faith in His atoning blood, may have life in Him.

'But God commendeth His love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, being now justified by His blood,
we shall be saved from wrath through him.
For if, when we were enemies,
we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son,
much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
by whom we have now received the atonement.'

(Romans 5:8-11)

* We can know the at-one-ment with God the Father now, through that one all-sufficient sacrifice on our behalf.

* If you were drowning, and someone dived in and saved your life, but in doing so lost His own, would you feel the same towards that person, as you have expressed towards the sacrificial death of our Lord Jesus Christ? Would you not be eternally grateful to that person, who gave His life that you may live?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Episkopos

You asked me a question in #539, which I answered in #540. but you have not acknowledged it. Why?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: GTW27

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen! Usually the teachings of Jesus are relegated to the Jews or anyone else rather than they who claim to be followers of Jesus.

People are looking for a quick fix religion. Jesus is just there to die for us. Not to be listened to. And if one misunderstands Paul...it is possible to whip up a quick sounding fix based on a very modern definition of grace.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Amen! Usually the teachings of Jesus are relegated to the Jews or anyone else rather than they who claim to be followers of Jesus.

People are looking for a quick fix religion. Jesus is just there to die for us. Not to be listened to. And if one misunderstands Paul...it is possible to whip up a quick sounding fix based on a very modern definition of grace.

Constantine wanted a quick fix which is why he championed this idea. here are some hard truths on the "belief only" idea-
Constantine was the same murdering slime ball before and after.
the roman empire was no different after it picked this up.
it has been taught in mainstream Christianity for more than a thousand years and the faith is more divided and fallen away than ever before. i would call that a failure.
more on the roman empire, before they "became Christian"- they were always at war expanding the empire, lead by emperors that were murderers, homosexuals, pedophiles, and completely corrupt, gave us terms like "roman candle" which meant wrapping a rabbi in a Torah scroll and lighting them on fire, entertained the people by having them watch men fight to the death or get torn apart by wild animals.
and here is the roman empire after they "became Christian" - they were always at war expanding the empire, lead by emperors that were murderers, homosexuals, pedophiles, and completely corrupt, gave us terms like "roman candle" which meant wrapping a rabbi in a Torah scroll and lighting them on fire, entertained the people by having them watch men fight to the death or get torn apart by wild animals.
and thats kinda the problem with this idea, it does not improve anyone.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We rest in Christ yes, but His work is not yet finished. We rest in the promise that He will finish His work.

He will finish His work...in us. He overcame, and He invites us to also overcome just as He did.

And that means He didn't overcome instead of us....but in order to empower us to do a He did.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

"It is finished" (John 19.30).

"Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many" (Hebrews 9.28).
What if the priest in the OT sanctuary service had walked away from the altar of sacrifice and said, I'm done here, and gone home? What would have happened to Israel. Would the atonement have been "finished"?
Now remember, the OT services were a type... Jesus fulfilled them in every particular. Was everything truly "finished" at the cross?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte