IS JESUS THE ONLY WAY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone would argue what you were saying
I know that can be annoying, but the participation factor is what makes Bible Studies so edifying.

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged." 1 Corinthians 14:29-30

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is startling.
IMO, it shows how deeply rooted the Hyper Grace movement has become in the church.
I say that because it is responsible for bringing in so many unconverted people into the church who think they are saved but really aren't. And so they don't know have a relationship with the Lord and the spiritual insight to know there is only one High Priest through which a person is reconciled to God.
Yes indeed my friend . Rick warren , seeker friendly hyper grace destroyed what was left of many a church . Many a church .
If anyone enters a church and their pastor or etc is bringing in rick warren , purpose driven life
RUN . Take as many as you can with you . That church wont make it .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned, Pearl is my sister in the Lord.
yes indeed , pearl has brought a dire good warning and reminder .
Now if i hear you saying POPE francis is your brother in Christ , THEN ME IS GONNA WORRY HUGE FOR YA .
Not all who name the name o JESUS are truly HIS . WE got houses plumb full of false ones in these days .
Now before i seem as a hater or judgmental , by many , let me give us a reminder of what WE KNOW GOD told the churches .
YE ALLOW , YE ALLOW a false one to teach and to seduce my people . A HINT , GOD WAS ANGRY ABOUT THAT .
HE wasnt tellling that church , O JUST HUG AND GET ALONG . HIM was a warning it to never again allow a false one to teach his people .
SO , YEAH I NAME NAMES and I WARN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that can be annoying, but the participation factor is what makes Bible Studies so edifying.

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged." 1 Corinthians 14:29-30
Amen! In spite of other problems one reason I stayed where I was for several years was the openness which had allowed anyone to ask question or to present a Bible study of their own. That was how it had been, but under pressure it was slipping downward. There were some who wanted to rule and set up the rules while paying only lip service to God. When they used excuses to put out my pastor, a good man who was tired, frail and already in his 90's, I alone stood to tell what I saw as truth of the situation. The chief instigator of the trouble was sitting a few rows behind me. In the middle of my words I heard her speak out my name loudly, so all could hear, telling me I was also wrong [like my pastor] and for me to sit down and to shut up. That was the end for me as I followed my pastor out the door. That really had been the best place. But... they left no doubt that it was over...

Until early last year I had periodic home Bible studies with another brother, but then he died. I know there must be other people around here who love God and would gather with me for a study, but God has yet to show me one. The "pandemic situation" does not make it easier...

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed my friend . Rick warren , seeker friendly hyper grace destroyed what was left of many a church . Many a church .
If anyone enters a church and their pastor or etc is bringing in rick warren , purpose driven life
RUN . Take as many as you can with you . That church wont make it .
I don't know that much about Rick Warren. I think I have his book laying around somewhere that someone gave me.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe God is the only way. I believe that Jesus is God in flesh.

Amen. Jesus himself said;

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So I can't understand why '70% of Christians' should even consider that there may be other ways.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the letters of Paul, he says you have to have the old man/woman which is your flesh, and the new man/woman which is your spirit. In Galatians chapter five it says they war against each other. Then there's other stuff the bible instructs you about.

To be truly born again, you must have the Holy Spirit. Those who do have the Holy Spirit would be convicted of their sins or their wrongs, and understand to not live or be like the world.
Yes!

Each time we are tempted, the battle rages within between the old man and the new man.

James also addresses this here:

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:1-3

God never loses any battles! We lose them because we try to fight them ourselves instead of leaning on Him and asking, not amiss, for His help!

Remember also what Solomon wrote here:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov. 3:5-6

Reactions: Pearl

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Jesus himself said;

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So I can't understand why '70% of Christians' should even consider that there may be other ways.
Given the 70# number I would wonder how many Christians were polled.

It's misleading to claim 70# of Christians believe anything, without knowing the actual number of Christians polled.

While without that information it allows for the inference. That 70# of all Christians believe.

I always like to remember people pay for polling data to be performed.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Given the 70# number I would wonder how many Christians were polled.

It's misleading to claim 70# of Christians believe anything, without knowing the actual number of Christians polled.

While without that information it allows for the inference. That 70# of all Christians believe.

I always like to remember people pay for polling data to be performed.
It was something I read. And don't forget everyone who calls themselves Christian may not be.

Reactions: Pythagorean12